The growing problem for women.

All the commentary about businesses not wanting to hire women is the most absurd set of assertions ever posted. In the real world it is no longer 1953.

It might depend on where you live. I was shocked at what businesses did when I moved on Cape Cod. They required us to answer questions that would be illegal elsewhere. Such as telling them what clubs and organizations we were, what our religion was and if a female if married, planning to get married, planning to get pregnant, asking how many children we had and their ages. Also asked us to divulge any medical conditions.

Now I can understand them telling us what was required of us for that job such as being able to lift 50 pounds and work a flexible schedule, then asking if there was anything that would prevent us from being able to do those things, then giving us the option of checking "yes" or "no".

I was also told by many people that I should use my Maiden name which is English or Scottish. My married last name is Italian and at that point in time (20some years ago), Italians were not liked there. I even tried applying at an Italian grocery store but was told that they couldn't hire me because I wasn't really Italian.

Google "How do women bosses treat other women?"

Then you can cherry-pick, as usual, anything you want that says, nun-huh!

:rolleyes:

It's all you ever do which is why I really don't even interact with you anymore. As soon as you step up to your morally-superior soapbox to rail at us "unwashed masses," I just tune you out. I mean really, this little factoid amounts to pretty common knowledge to anyone who is "woke..."

It's all you ever do which is why I really don't even interact with you anymore. As soon as you step up to your morally-superior soapbox to rail at us "unwashed masses," I just tune you out. I mean really, this little factoid amounts to pretty common knowledge to anyone who is "woke..."

I had both - men and female bosses who were either nice, or bad. The last woman who was my boss was a bit like Jada, personality-wise and stood by me in ways that only a family members would have.

In saying that - when it comes to those specific management-type positions, I agree with you. I prefer male managers - I had a couple of bad experiences with female managers - it's like they were on a power trip or something. But not just with women, with men too.

And even when I returned my carpet washer a few hours later to the supermarket - male managers usually gave me a pass (nothing to do with appearance at my age, and I was also dressed like a bag lady), the female ones tended to penalize me.

I had both - men and female bosses who were either nice, or bad. The last woman who was my boss was a bit like Jada, personality-wise and stood by me in ways that only a family members would have.

In saying that - when it comes to those specific management-type positions, I agree with you. I prefer male managers - I had a couple of bad experiences with female managers - it's like they were on a power trip or something. But not just with women, with men too.

And even when I returned my carpet washer a few hours later to the supermarket - male managers usually gave me a pass (nothing to do with appearance at my age, and I was also dressed like a bag lady), the female ones tended to penalize me.

That's one of the complaints. While both genders are guilty, it seems it's more common with women. One of the other complaints is that women are more likely to play favorites in the work place. Good for the 'favorite' but it sows seeds of discontent with the rest of the staff.

Beyond being a receptacle of his lust no man wants you anymore.

Let's start with you're a growing liability and risk to anyone that would hire you. The entire #metoo movement has tarnished your brand. If you aren't top 1% you aren't going to be hired by any major firm. Your contribution is diminished by the risk.

If you're burdened with children, no one wants you beyond the "White Knighte."

Let's sAy you're a career woman. You ride the cock casosel until in your mid-30's (+/-).

Why should I, as a man have anything to do with you?" You've focused on your career,. Fine. Now you're long in the tooth and statistically prone to pop out a Down's kid if we breed. And the clock is ticking.

Men will marry up and down the socioeconomic ladder depending on whether they're user's or not. Women will only marry up (statistically). And that makes perfect sense if you bother to think about it.

So getting back to the 'career' woman. The divorced man has no use for you. He has a family that he's already paying for. The single man in your age group can, and often will choose that fertile 20 something. And the dude that has no intention of family is going to choose someone who is infertile but suitable companion.

Welcome to the new world.

Same as it ever was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBIC8JTQMMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbGxfTOByY

That's one of the complaints. While both genders are guilty, it seems it's more common with women. One of the other complaints is that women are more likely to play favorites in the work place. Good for the 'favorite' but it sows seeds of discontent with the rest of the staff.

I dunno. I was the "pet" of many of my male bosses. Perhaps because I was always baking for them and making them candy.

In time, I think women will be effectively as effective as men in leadership roles.

This multigenerational retraining of women to learn leadership skills from childhood is a large undertaking.

Women bosses should be more appreciative at our willingness to share the power and at the very least suck my cock quarterly in the exec washroom as tribute.

Wow, what a moron.

Based on what? Your own experiences?

I would bet money I've worked for far more companies and had exposure to far more managers and executives than you and I have found nothing to suggest women play favorites more than men.

If anything, I've found women to have more effective teams as they tend to recognize and praise the work of their teams and direct reports far more than men do.

Anecdotal crap. A lot of what is now being discussed on this thread is anecdotal crap.

The times are changing. In the big picture, women are not going to passively accept the way things used to be, even though a few will cling to old stereotypes.

Get used to it.

The OP is a multi-divorced bitter old man who tries to get Lit wimminz to engage in creepy phone sex when he's drunk and has reloaded his calling cards.

Is there really anything else that needs to be said about how he feels about women?

It might depend on where you live. I was shocked at what businesses did when I moved on Cape Cod. They required us to answer questions that would be illegal elsewhere. Such as telling them what clubs and organizations we were, what our religion was and if a female if married, planning to get married, planning to get pregnant, asking how many children we had and their ages. Also asked us to divulge any medical conditions.

Now I can understand them telling us what was required of us for that job such as being able to lift 50 pounds and work a flexible schedule, then asking if there was anything that would prevent us from being able to do those things, then giving us the option of checking "yes" or "no".

I was also told by many people that I should use my Maiden name which is English or Scottish. My married last name is Italian and at that point in time (20some years ago), Italians were not liked there. I even tried applying at an Italian grocery store but was told that they couldn't hire me because I wasn't really Italian.

If you didn't get the job you have a winning case @ MCAD . And if you did every woman that applied and didn;t get the job does!

What size company were you talking about? I was also thinking more about mid-level and bigger companies ($50+ M) when I made that assertion.

Last edited:
The OP is a multi-divorced bitter old man who tries to get Lit wimminz to engage in creepy phone sex when he's drunk and has reloaded his calling cards.

Is there really anything else that needs to be said about how he feels about women?

Sounds to me he likes and puts effort into having sexual interactions with women.

It also sounds like you have a problem with that and, or feel he is your competitor.

Sounds to me he likes and puts effort into having sexual interactions with women.

It also sounds like you have a problem with that and, or feel he is your competitor.

Nah, he's just another scumbag like yourself.

I would bet money I've worked for far more companies and had exposure to far more managers and executives than you and I have found nothing to suggest women play favorites more than men.

If anything, I've found women to have more effective teams as they tend to recognize and praise the work of their teams and direct reports far more than men do.

I’m not referring to competence, in which I see no difference, just to attitude.
Imo, there's not much difference between men and women who make it in certain higher positions. In fact, women bring attributes that men lack. And vice versa.

But when it comes to those particular managerial positions in which one also has to discipline or fire people (some of whom have families), there's a difference.
Few women can put up with that sort of crap and can detach themselves as well as men do. The two female managers that I came across had balls and were Aglaopheme lookalikes, and enjoyed that sort of power trip.

Probably when the cut-throat corporate type of mentality changes, good women will start applying for such positions too.

I’m not referring to competence, in which I see no difference, just to attitude.
Imo, there's not much difference between men and women who make it in certain higher positions. In fact, women bring attributes that men lack. And vice versa.

But when it comes to those particular managerial positions in which one also has to discipline or fire people (some of whom have families), there's a difference.
Few women can put up with that sort of crap and can detach themselves as well as men do. The two female managers that I came across had balls and were Aglaopheme lookalikes, and enjoyed that sort of power trip.

Probably when the cut-throat corporate type of mentality changes, good women will start applying for such positions too.

Oh, the two women you came across, why didn't you say it was such a large sample size?

Moron.

It must be fucking awful to be you.

This is why we can't have nice things. People hate uncomfortable truths. We have this obsession with feelings, when we're adults and we should be able to control our emotions. He's being brutally honest here. Me too is making businesses think about hiring women. Women also face the challenge of balancing career and family. A man looking to settle down may not want a woman who is career oriented and employers may shy away from women who want families. The choice to have children force women to take jobs that may pay less but offer more flexible hours and take extended time off which affect their wages.

This is why we can't have nice things. People hate uncomfortable truths. We have this obsession with feelings, when we're adults and we should be able to control our emotions. He's being brutally honest here. Me too is making businesses think about hiring women. Women also face the challenge of balancing career and family. A man looking to settle down may not want a woman who is career oriented and employers may shy away from women who want families. The choice to have children force women to take jobs that may pay less but offer more flexible hours and take extended time off which affect their wages.

It was much easier when we didn't allow them to vote.

In saying that.
Men who feel that they deserved no less than top positions and that life or other people cheated them out of those, are much worse.

So ish, aj and most deplorables. Got it.

... aka 'happen to not agree with you and use actual research (rather than Google hits) to support my arguments'.

Pretty much. In the first few years of my working life, I was in a sector that had mostly men in senior positions. I don't want to generalise from the few guys that I worked for, but seriously, so much insecurity and need for validation. Then I switched to a sector that was female dominated. Mostly, we all just go on with the job, improved systems on an ongoing basis, were pretty nice to each other, and got drunk together on a regular basis. It wasn't a profit-driven organisation, which might have helped. Now I'm in a sector that is usually male-dominated, but my workplace happens to have a management team (of which I'm now part) that is mostly women. And it's the same, although also with really well-developed mentoring (formal and 'unofficial'). Even the men say they prefer it. The last hiring round, we employed two men and two women, so there's no notable gender bias in that respect - they were literally just the best people for the jobs.
The only area I've worked in where I had women bosses who were awful was where it's extremely competitive because money depends on being 'the best'. Most of the men who are high up in that sector also have pretty terrible reputations as bosses. Not only pushing people past what's reasonable, but also massive egos.

'Detaching yourself' doesn't actually mean that process is successful. I've gone through a number of restructures in various places - the best ones are done with a bit of empathy where warranted, along with being a bit ruthless in other situations. Those aren't mutually exclusive skills.

PS ... I'm so wounded.

Back