A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

I'm afraid to open it. Last time someone left a napkin with a message about Guido.

dya think the poet's signing a contract with the devil for his soul? or is that just the stuff of ... oh, don't let me put a danté in your day :devil:

*should have left by now, backlater :rose: *

dya think the poet's signing a contract with the devil for his soul? or is that just the stuff of ... oh, don't let me put a danté in your day :devil:

*should have left by now, backlater :rose: *

Well. "Hell" is the best part of the book, so... :cool:

an enigma wrapped in an envelope...

so, c'mon, there has to be more. what'd they do with the envelope?
It was passed around and everybody else signed it, too.

Today, I start "conceptual revisions." Publication date is set for June. It's suddenly like being a real writer.

WHETHER THE OUTSIDE INCLIMATIC RAINS INTERFERE

inside being plugged in and attuned to animalistic behavior is the perfection, TK U MLJ LV NV

Damn. The more I read tazz, the more musical his comments become. I could perhaps use his comments as inspiration to begin a stream of consciousness kind of poem. :D

Damn. The more I read tazz, the more musical his comments become. I could perhaps use his comments as inspiration to begin a stream of consciousness kind of poem. :D

Tazz must be a bot the more I think about... TY MF HAND AH :D

Okay, officially worried 8:30 pm in London and not heard from butters all day. :(

Has she posted on Facebook that's where I check on people? Perhaps her internet connection is down. If you have a phone number I'll gladly check it for you tomorrow

Just thinking back to when I thought I was a 'serious' poet and how my friends and I would live and die on rejection letters. Like I said, I have poor taste.

Do you have to be 'serious' to be a poet? Hell there's no hope for me then! :eek:

You don't have to be serious, but it helps. There are plenty of frivolous, yet quite satisfied poets.

The thing that surprises me about rejection letter is that a poetry editor even bothers to send them. The New Yorker magazine publishes about five poems in each issue, which is roughly 500 poems a year. They have a two year backlog. This means the poetry editor has 1000 poems waiting to be printed. I have no idea how many poems are submitted to the New Yorker in a year, but I have a feeling the odds of any one poem making it to the magazine are worse than hitting the powerball.

You don't have to be serious, but it helps. There are plenty of frivolous, yet quite satisfied poets.

The thing that surprises me about rejection letter is that a poetry editor even bothers to send them. The New Yorker magazine publishes about five poems in each issue, which is roughly 500 poems a year. They have a two year backlog. This means the poetry editor has 1000 poems waiting to be printed. I have no idea how many poems are submitted to the New Yorker in a year, but I have a feeling the odds of any one poem making it to the magazine are worse than hitting the powerball.

I do think frivolous is a bit harsh ......

The Merriam‑Webster Dictionary describes it thus
not important : not deserving serious attention. : silly and not serious

And dark, too. Oh. What is this tilted table with straps on it? :confused:

Here let me demonstrate, remove your clothing lie down under the sheet, then place one foot here and the other there. Lay back and relax and I'll just snap this shut. I'll spread this leg bar wiiiiiiiide and tip you up a bit. Comfy? Then I'll begin. ..........

Here let me demonstrate, remove your clothing lie down under the sheet, then place one foot here and the other there. Lay back and relax and I'll just snap this shut. I'll spread this leg bar wiiiiiiiide and tip you up a bit. Comfy? Then I'll begin. ..........

Popcorn anyone? :D

Back