My Favorite Quotes

"How can one learn from experience?

Experience is something that is always acquired immediately after it is needed."

"Many of the best experiences in my life were total mistakes. Never be afraid to make them." Roald Dahl.

"If you take great care to formulate no plan of any description, nothing can ever be said to have gone wrong."

Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him.

Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself.
:D

This is such a cool thread!

Here are mine:

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."- Edmund Burke

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not go gentle into that good night"- Dylan Thomas

"Faith is the belief in things unseen"- Unk.

John Greenleaf Whittier

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'​

The code of the west says “do unto others”
The code of the west, to thine self be true.

The code of the west says “do unto others”
Before them others do it unto you,.

From the ballad of Water Hole #3

Save a mouse - eat a pussy... - Dunno who said it originally, but I heard it from a good friend of mine and it just tickled me. :D

re

"No success in public life can compensate for failure in the home" Benjamin Disraeli

"Concentration is the ability to think about absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary" Ray Knight

The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.

Anonymous​

PMS got it’s name because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Author unknown – presumed dead.

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.:D

If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Sugar Dreams said:
If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Better NOT be thinking 'bout Lit. then ;)

i don't bring lit to bed

Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.

Back