Voices of Sanity

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Barak Obama is back!

"Special interests dominate the debates in Washington in ways that don't match up with what the broad majority of Americans feel. Because of changes in the media, we now have a situation in which everybody's listening to people who already agree with them and are further and further reinforcing their own realities to the neglect of a common reality that allows us to have a healthy debate and then try to find common ground and actually move solutions forward."

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-...ident-obama-university-of-chicago-transcript/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/...n=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=collection


"reinforcing their own realities to the neglect of a common reality"
 
Gov. John Kasich's book gives an inside look at his 2016 presidential run

http://www.cleveland.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/04/gov_john_kasichs_book_gives_an.html


Gov. John Kasich's new book, "Two Paths: America Divided or United," provides a rare, and sometimes raw, behind-the-scenes look at being a 2016 presidential candidate.

The book, released Tuesday by Thomas Dunne Books, is roughly equal parts campaign-trail memoir, political biography and Kasich's own self-help therapy session for living in a post-Donald Trump world.


"We can't pick and choose among half-truths and utter falsehoods and grab only at the ones that reinforce our preconceived notions or stoke our shared fears," he writes. "We can't live in our own reality -- not if we hope to come together and attempt to solve the very real problems facing this great country."


gsgs comment-

Today, I heard him speak, about parts of his book. I believe that he has a point. We have to learn ways to work with what we have. (Ugghhh, Trump) This Pro Trump and Anti- Trump arrangement, will get us nowhere. There must be sane Republicans that want our nation to function on a sane level. 100 days of Trump dominated events, have been 100 days too many.

What happened to the inquiry about Russiagate ?

Pre- President, Hillary Clinton trusted John Kasich.

President Obama trusted Merrick Garland.

There must be some sane Republicans, that we can trust...

/end gsgs comment
 
The irony of that quote posted by somebody who seeks other conservative haters on a daily basis. Every single day, many threads and posts are made just bashing Relublicans for no reason other than to bitch and whine. And you want your fellow Trump haters to back you up.

Then Obama says people on new forms of media just go to find an echochamber to stay in. And your response is, "OMG HE'S RIGHT! Look at what other people besides me do!"

RIP logic
 
"With 300 million guns piling up in just 36 percent of American homes, and with local police in Janesville, Wis., having just dropped $130,000 over 10 days hunting down a man who stole a cache of assault rifles, silencers and other weapons from a dairy-town business called Armageddon Supplies — its back counter looks like the locker for weapons at the start of “Men in Black” — it seems fair to ask: Are we getting meaner?"

http://m.startribune.com/it-s-the-g...t-affect-you-right/421501873/?section=opinion

The Gazette reported that Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden said more than 150 local, state and federal enforcement officers continue to search for Joseph Jakubowski. The wide effort began Thursday morning.

An automatic weapon was reported to be among the many firearms taken in a Tuesday night burglary at Armegeddon Supplies, according to Gazette reports.

The nationwide manhunt for a Janesville man ended peacefully Friday in rural southwestern Wisconsin, where authorities found the 32-year-old fugitive at his makeshift campsite, surrounded by a cache of deadly weapons.


"In the past few years, he was driving his Dodge Durango, which authorities called "his pride and joy."

April 7, 2015

" a burned vehicle registered to him was found near the (gun)store."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...anifesto-trump-jakubowski-20170407-story.html

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ct-jakubowski-nabbed-vernon-county/100457604/

May 5, 2017

ROCK COUNTY, Ill. (WIFR) – The Rock County Sheriff’s Office is confirming Joseph Jakubowski is still in custody after a fake news article started making the rounds on social media.

The Sheriff’s Office says an article claiming Jakubowski had escaped from the Rock County Jail is not true.

The website is also a prank website that advertises users to “create a story and trick your friends.”

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Ja...s-Office-discredits-prank-post-421502143.html

Facebook joke ?

http://www.gazettextra.com/20170505/police_facebook_post_on_jakubowski_escape_is_fake

April 4, 2017

Yes, committed crime, was jailed. Cannot find Snopes articlcle about facebook spoof.(yet)

http://www.snopes.com/2017/04/10/joseph-jakubowski/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-politics-police-say/?utm_term=.718c01fb5f51
 
Back
Top