*'Sanctuary' for Us *

Will came to finally in the raft. He gathered his thoughts and looked around in the raft that he was in. Helen was next to him shivering and holding onto a baby. He looked around at others in the raft and they floated for a bit. He noticed off in the distance there were lights which meant land. “There! Look!” Will shouted. The steward and Helen both strained to see the lights and when they did sighs went around. The steward handed Will a paddle and they painstakingly made their way to shore. Thankfully it wasn’t raining.

They got out of the raft and ventured towards the light which seemed to be a small community on the coast. A fishing community it looked like. The walked as fast as they could, knowing they had to get warm. Helen started to stumble her knees growing weak. Will grabbed her quickly and helped her along with his arm around her.
Eventually they made it to the tavern where the steward took charge officially and started making requests of the tavern and then had to use the phone and call the emergency number for the airline to report a distress call.
Will took the baby from Helen and then she collapsed from exhaustion onto the floor.
“Where are the beds!?” Will shouted.
“Up the stairs.” The man said in a Scottish accent. So they had made it to Scotland….somewhere.
He lifted Helen up and quickly brought her to the bed and laid her down. She was shivering and going into hypothermia. He knew enough and knew what had to be done. He had to get her out of her cold clothes and warm up her body immediately or she’d die. He quickly started pulling off her clothes and throwing them on the floor layer by layer until she was wearing her bra and panties. Will felt horrible but he had to. He pulled them off too and she lied there naked. He sucked in his breath as he took a guilty moment and took her in before doing the worst part. Her lips were getting blue which meant she was getting worse so he had to hurry. He hurriedly stripped as well and grabbed two blankets and pulled them over his shoulders as he crawled on top of her using his body heat to warm her up. Her lips started turning pink slowly and she slowly stopped shivering. It felt like forever and he almost screamed at the pain of the coldness of it. His body heat although he was wet was still enough to get her warm and with the blankets it was a while but eventually she stopped shivering. Her body began to grew warm and he couldn’t help but slightly enjoy the feeling of her breasts against his chest. He accidentally got hard and prayed it would go away but it was too late. She started moaning in a weird way. It wasn’t painful and then she unconsciously moved her hips upwards. WOA. Ok. This has to stop, WAKE UP!! He screamed in his mind. He wanted this but this can’t be like this. No. “Helen.” He shook her gently. Her eyes finally opened..and went wide as she took stock of the situation.

Helen was dreaming about feeling warm and safe in John's arms...No, couldn't be John. Although, there had been times she'd felt pity, or passionate lust, and even cold hatred for the man but never once did she ever feel the warm fuzzies for him in the way of romance novel's cliched descriptions of true loving safety and warmth...The face in her dream changed into the smiling, handsome face of Will Zimmerman and she smiled back in return. Yes, this made more sense. Will did elicit a sort of safe comfort she had never really recognized enough at the beginning of their relationship to appreciate but had envied when she saw how it affected his girlfriend, Abby...

...Helen's mind traveled back to the moment he told her of his attraction for her and how her heart soared, yet dove into her stomach when the plane began to fall out of the sky....THE PLANE! THE CRASH!!! ....

...Her eyes opened with a start and she screamed, feeling a body pressed against her, a man's erect phallus pressed against her thigh...Instantly the stab of cold fear returned and the ruthless ''Jack the Ripper'' persona of her former lover, turned enemy, turned uneasy ally, re-entered her mind again. She pushed against him and fought, scratching at a face which felt familiar but didn't hold the same contours she was used to, and the head had hair..."No...John no, don't do this!" she mumbled hastily, backing off of the soft surface she was lying on until she fell onto the floor, bumping the back of her head hard against it which woke her up more completely to stare up into the highly concerned face of Will looking down at her from a bed..."Will? Why are you naked?"

She looked down at herself and shivered, covering herself quickly with a fallen pillow. "Why am I naked? Were we in bed together?" She looked around in confusion wondering what had happened to the life raft and the baby boy. "Where are we, Will?" His cheek had fresh scratch marks on it and she felt a stab of guilt at the realization that she'd probably caused them in her half-asleep struggle to escape the clutches of what she thought was her rapist ex-lover, John Druitt. Would Will understand that? Her head spun. She really wanted to know how they'd ended up naked in some unfamiliar bedroom.
 
Last edited:
~ooc: Is anyone even reading posts? I cant see an abnormal infested island having its own village but watev~

Xevriel sighed as she stalked across the limb of the tree. She paced calmly across the rough wood. Her black wings opened and she flittered through the air. She let out another soft four note whistle. A group of doglike abnormals appeared racing after her. Together they raced through the forest heading for the small village. Closing her eyes Xevs memory of the small abnormal she had found earlier bleeding out from wounds inflicted by human hunting weapons flitted through her mind.

White hot rage burned through Xevs body, and her red lizard-like eyes snapped. She whistled another tune, three sharp notes and the same abnormal that had taken down the plane reappeared. She pushed her wings back and shot off through the wind. As the opening in the trees appeared Xevriel launched forward. Flying onto the top of one of the buildings Xev laughed.

"Burn this place to the ground. Spare only women or children." she said with a smile.
 
Will quickly backed off at her scatching at his face. His hand grabbed to where she had scratched him.
“Helen, listen, we’re safe, the baby is safe, our plane crashed and you were going into stage 4 hypothermia. If I didn’t get some body to body contact to heat you up you would have died. We didn’t um….make love…And I wasn’t going to let you die." He said looking into her eyes” He felt her skin and her body seemed to be warm for now.
“I’m going to get up now…and you need to stay here. We’ve made it to Scotland I think. We saw the coast of what I think is the coast of Scotland. That’s where we were heading right?” The more Will talked the less he realized he wasn’t moving.
Screams starting occurring outside in the village. Chaos. Will jumped out of bed and went to see the window and parts of the village were now burning.
“What the hell?....”Will’s voice trailed off as he was naked looking out at the window at a scene that looked like Hell had come to this village.
 
Last edited:
Helen stood too, her head throbbed, but she moved quickly to gather her still damp clothes from about the room and at least put on a bra, panties and her camisol as she joined Will at the window. There was no time to worry about discomfort, emotional or physical, based on what she was hearing.

She took a look out the window and shook her head, her blue eyes sober and lucid. "Will...this isn't Scotland. I know this island...it's a quarantine zone the Scottish Sanctuary set up over seventy years ago to keep a fairly dangerous group of abnormals away from the human population. They have been here, under guard from the Letholett's since then. Letholetts can manipulate space in order to make objects appear invisible, such as an island full of abnormals...How in bloody hell did we end up here? More importantly...it looks like we're seeing an uprising. I want to know where all the Letholetts are!" and soon, she was dressed and out the door, down to the tavern where she saw a brawl and firefight in progress.

Taking cover behind the bar before anyone else could see her she tried to take in stock of the situation, wishing she had a gun to defend herself. The bartender hid beside her and nodded her way. She could see by the rainbow iris of his eyes he was a Letholett, or at the very least, half so. Helen tilted her head toward the chaios in the room beyond them and outside and silently asked him what was going on.

The Letholett bartender mouthed one single word, War.

Helen shook her head, "You have to get out of here. Take as many people as far away from the fires as you can." she told him, pushing him away, toward the door as Will finally caught up. She caught his gaze and they both nodded. They had to get as many people out of this inferno as possible.
 
Last edited:
Big Guy and Kate made their way to the infirmary and Big Guy yelled at Henry to join them when he past them in the hall. They arrived at the infirmary and Big Guy set her on a table and Henry began working on setting her up to all the medical equipment and looking to her wounds.
"Man this looks like it had some teeth." Henry said as he carefully started to clean and dress her wounds with the basic emergency first aid he knew.
Big Guy made his typical grunting noise before saying simply "Yes. Also Henry, look at her. She is halfway in the middle of a change. We need to " grunt grunt " Get her stable quickly so she can change."
"Yea Big Guy for sure."
The three of them worked on getting Isis stable and patched up. When all her wounds were dressed, they just waited while around her to change into a full form.
 
Big Guy knew his limitations. He was never going to set the world alight with his intelect but he knew danger when he saw it. To emphasise the point he said slowly but with emphasis "I said 'she was in the middle of a change' she needs help and needs it NOW!"

He glared round the room making it clear that he expected some sort of immediate action.
 
The diognostic machine began chirping as the computer pulled up an image of the Calisar hound as what bit her as it prepared to extract the toxins from her system. A slow and painful process. Slowly she began to return to human appearance...

Big... Guy... Gotta find... Helen... Calisar Hounds...

Her head was hurting as she began to grab at the wires attached to her weakly wanting to get away from the med bay and return to the hunt.

((Isis))
c016137c-1.jpg


~~~
Kate took one look at the creature on the machine and looked to Big guy.

I have seen one of those before... That slimebag Abnormal broker we dealt with... he had one... Could he have done this and... Big guy do you know her? She seems to know you and Magnus?
 
Last edited:
Big Guys sudden outburst caught Henry off guard.
"Hey man, there's nothing we can do. She's patched up. I don't want inject anything into her to disrupt the healing. I've seen this once before with the Boss(Magnus) and she said the best thing to do in this situation is to stabalize and then she will choose on her own the most comfortable form to recover in. So the best thing you can do for her right now, that we all can do, is keep her stable, and wait. She's probably going to be thirsty when she wakes up. Why don't you go make some of that special tea the boss feeds to all the patients when they're recovering? Ok?"
Henry put his hand on Big Guys's shoulder and looked at him with a look of not to worry.
 
Kate quickly moved to try to stop her from grabbing at the wires.

Some help here please Henry?
 
Henry saw her trying to remove the monitoring devices from her body.
"Hold up there little lady. You need to rest. "
He saw Kate asking Big Guy about the creature's history with the Boss and him.
"Do you have a name?" he asked the creature lying in the medbay now that she was lucid.
 
Big Guys sudden outburst caught Henry off guard.
"Hey man, there's nothing we can do. She's patched up. I don't want inject anything into her to disrupt the healing. I've seen this once before with the Boss(Magnus) and she said the best thing to do in this situation is to stabalize and then she will choose on her own the most comfortable form to recover in. So the best thing you can do for her right now, that we all can do, is keep her stable, and wait. She's probably going to be thirsty when she wakes up. Why don't you go make some of that special tea the boss feeds to all the patients when they're recovering? Ok?"
Henry put his hand on Big Guys's shoulder and looked at him with a look of not to worry.

Big Guy shrugged Henry's hand off his shoulder "If anything goes wrong I'll be angry. VERY ANGRY! And you wouldn't want that would you?" He made his way to make the tea as requested but turned once to emphasise his concern "WOULD YOU?" He shouted with a mixture of anger and fear.
 
Isis...

She looked to him not liking being in a med bay due to what the Cabal had done to her long ago she still clawed and tried to struggle against the wires and devices.

Have to talk to Helen... Calisar hounds...
 
Henry pulled out a small recording device and activated it.
"Start from the beginning...slowly. What happened to you? Helen Magnus is away currently. The three of us are here holding down the fort. Tell us what's happened."
Henry gently adjusted her machine so some medicine made her a little more comfortable in accordance with Big Guy's request. He didn't like it when he got upset. The treatment of getting the toxins out was nearly over.
"The toxin is almost out of your system. I've increased some medication to make you comfortable and you should be toxin free in about a half an hour. In the meantime, tell us how you got here."
 
Calisar hound... wounded... sick... something... Stalking the city... tracked it... fought... dead...

Her eyes closed for a moment...

tossed in that melting plant down the road...

Felt sick... came here... too far to get back home. Now... who are you Wolf?
 
"I'm sorry. I was too busy getting you well. My name is Henry." He wasn't sure about the wolf comment. "I am a wolf yes. I help here in Sanctuary with all the technical computer stuff mostly."
 
She nodded and laid there... Whos the human?

~~~
Kate Looked at Henry with a look that basically said... Seriously?

Um yeah the human is called Kate and I am the one that let you in here so they can help you Isis...

She gave her some understanding due to the massive jaw marks on her torso and hips.

The Calisar Hound... did it have a chain on it?

~~~~
Isis shook her head no. Wild
 
Xevriel chuckled as she stood launching herself of the wall with her powerful hind legs. She landed on the mans back with a loud growl and ripped his throat. As he fell Xev got a glance of his rainbow colored irises. Another Letholette then... Good. she thought with a smile. She looked around her watching the hounds ripping apart people and homes. The large serpent-like abnormal was torchin the buildings with burst of hot magma. Xev arrived at what appeared to be an inn and kicked through the wooden door as if it was made of paper. She quickly killed the Letholette that charged towards her and sniffed the air. "I know your here. Come out." Xev said her talons tapping the wooden floor.
 
Xevriel chuckled as she stood launching herself of the wall with her powerful hind legs. She landed on the mans back with a loud growl and ripped his throat. As he fell Xev got a glance of his rainbow colored irises. Another Letholette then... Good. she thought with a smile. She looked around her watching the hounds ripping apart people and homes. The large serpent-like abnormal was torchin the buildings with burst of hot magma. Xev arrived at what appeared to be an inn and kicked through the wooden door as if it was made of paper. She quickly killed the Letholette that charged towards her and sniffed the air. "I know your here. Come out." Xev said her talons tapping the wooden floor.

Magnus stood her ground, spine straightening as she watched the abnormal approach...Was this the infamous Xevriel her contacts had written about? "I'm Doctor Helen Magnus the head of The Sanctuary network. We mean you no harm. Our plane crashed not too far from here and we are simply trying to be safe until we can get out of here. Who are you? What is it you want? Why are you attacking innocent civilians and the Letholettes who've been your guardians?"
 
Magnus stood her ground, spine straightening as she watched the abnormal approach...Was this the infamous Xevriel her contacts had written about? "I'm Doctor Helen Magnus the head of The Sanctuary network. We mean you no harm. Our plane crashed not too far from here and we are simply trying to be safe until we can get out of here. Who are you? What is it you want? Why are you attacking innocent civilians and the Letholettes who've been your guardians?"

Xevriel tipped her head slighlty and approached the woman...Magnus was it...slowly. Her lids lowered over her eyes, the pupils widening a little. She touched a strand of her hair, letting her tail flicker absently over the womans skin. "So you are the great Helen Magnus. I've heard so much about you, and the Sanctuary..." Xev said as she suddenly yanked Magus' head back by the hair. "It is all you Sanctuary fools fault... You trusted the Letholette to watch over the abnormals here. But all they've done is hubted us to near extinction."

Xev's voice had become a low rasp that sounded more animal than human. Her tail lashed furiously and she released the woman roughly. "But it's not you I'm here for." she said. Then in an almost imperceptible flash she moved past Magus tossing a knife. It landed home directly in the trachea of the head Letholette, a fatal wound. "As for your civilians...an unwarranted expense." Xev said coldly.
 
Magnus's aquamarine eyes narrowed as she watched Xevriel with levelled control. "Calculating, interesting. You seem to want attention. Well, you've got it now. Tell me what you need and I'll do whatever I can to help. I'm sorry if your people feel mistreated. It was only our intent to protect you from a world which was not ready to understand your kind. We truly never wanted anyone harmed or killed..." Her eyes showed the true pity she genuinely felt, although she still wouldn't trust this one with her worst enemy. Trust would have to be earned, was never given. "Please, put out the fires, stop the killing and we'll try to open up talks. Maybe there's a way to work this out which will benefit all."
 
Xev seemed to consider the for a moment then turned to the door. She whistled a soft 5 note tune, 3 times in close succession. The abnormals listened then dissappeared off into the thick forest. She whistled again, 2 notes in a steady rise and fall. A group of winged seabird abnormals appeared and dropped water onto the fire. Content that this was done Xevriel returned her attention to Magnus.

She pulled a wooden chair towards her and sat down. "There, I've done as you've asked. So lets talk. But remember, one false move and I'll have this whole place reduced to nothing but ashes with you in it." Xev said lowering her lashes.
 
Helen nodded. The uneasy truce was better than nothing at all. At least no one else was being killed for the moment. "We need to also make sure the wounded get tending to..." she said, nodding to Will to try to get some organization sorted among the chaios to set up triage while she negotiates.

She knew he was not really a medical doctor but even he would be able to perform first aid if needed. He had a brain and a mouth and could ask around until he found the right people to help. As much as the medical side of her itched to go out and help in the healing she was now, like it or now, locked into a tenuous peace talk.

Helen took a rogue chair from lying beside a collapsed table, and turned to the most intelligent looking Letholette in the room, "Please find one of your leaders and bring them here. It's high time this mess got sorted properly." she told him. Then, turning back to the winged woman eying her with suspicion and wariness, she sat across from her. "I am not sure why I've been left out of the loop on what's been going on here since the founding of the island Sanctuary but I have a sense it was far from what we meant it to be for you and your people. Please, while we wait for a Letholette representative, fill me in."
 
Last edited:
Will got the nod from Helen and started organizing a basic setup for medical needs for the wounded while Helen was engaged in negotiating. He set up some beds for the worst injured and tried to make them comfortable with the most basic supplies he had access to. He converted the upstairs rooms into a horrible excuse for a triage. He kept up bringing water and the steward was helping him as a nurse. The steward had pretty decent training. Will had to admit. Will always took time to analyze the situation when he was travelling up and down the stairs with water always making sure to slow down as he entered to to make sure he kept looking for ticks or clues that he was trained to notice. So far, nothing big stood out. And even if he did find something if he tried to tell Helen, the creature would massacre all with no hesitation.
 
The Big Guy knew Helen was trying to maintain a very fragile peace and although diplomacy was way above and beyond his capability he understood the need to stop any further bloodshed.

Making his way to the improvised ward he helped re arrange the beds and used his strength to ensure everything was in place. He left the intelligent work to others while he ensured sheer brute force and ignorance would at least get the physical work done.
 
Back
Top