Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Ultimately, if you have a soul, or "neuropsychic net," and you've hurt innocent people, The Penance Stare should work on you no matter what planet you're from, as Heaven and Hell are above and below all Creation, not just Earth.

Of course, there are some exceptions. You need visible binocular eyes (or at least not more than two eyes), for one thing, and to not be blind.

For instance, The Stare wouldn't work on Venom because the symbiote covers Brock's eyes.

There are some places where it states that you have to feel guilt for the wrongs you've committed, but I think that's ridiculous, as there's plenty of supervillains that sociopathically feel no guilt (like The Purple Man), and that seems like it's kind of The Rider's target demographic. No, it inflicts pain on you whether you feel you deserve it or not-- hellfire knows better than you if you deserve it.

For some reason Deadpool didn't feel the burn, at least not outwardly, but I ascribe that to his fractured psyche and multiple personalities-- outside he was chill but inside one of his personalities was probably screaming all caps in one of those little yellow narration boxes.

I imagine demons or angels higher up in the spiritual hierarchy than The Rider wouldn't feel the burn either, but that can't be many, considering that in this universe The Rider basically takes the place of The Spectre, who was an archangel.

It also doesn't work on people who are high on certain drugs, which I find a little weird.

No worries, dear!

Our main concern was not leaving you behind, not making you feel guilty for having to take your time.

Cool beans. I think I pretty much covered everything. trying to catch up every where I need to reply to. Pretty much caught up now.

Tag, team!

Let's see if we can get this thing to work.

Ruby has just Dialed H-E-R-O. Which means she's going to turn into some random superhero or superheroine with random powers. But rather than my picking them and getting basically whatever power I want whenever I want, I would like you guys to pick.

You can either name a super power or powerset, or name a superhero(ine), and I will either pick an existing hero with that power, or become that named hero, or come up with a Captain Ersatz that has that power or is inspired by that named hero.

Hopefully that's not too dense an explanation.

Bonus points for giving me awkward or unexpected powers or characters, stuff that forces me to think on my feet, this is meant to be a challenge!

(Though I would love the occasional dramatically-timed epic Hero, this should be a last-ditch thing, like we'll never survive unless I get something conventionally useful. A very rare occurrence.)

Extra bonus points for giving me a Legion of Superheroes member or Ben 10 alien that fits the above criteria. :D

Thanks, guys!

Her tracking sense could let her back trace it's scent to point of origin. The senses she has from energy conversion match a Kryptonians. Wildfire really was OP.

When you mentioned her I immediately thought of Dawnstar from Legion. Similar name and powers. :D

So last night we passed not only 1,066 posts, but 1,066 replies.

This number has been very significant in my life, and I want to thank you all for this wacky little milestone. :cattail:

Ok. So thus far almost every post from The Sandman has included quotes from famous sources. Today's selections were from The Dalai Lama and Neil Gaiman. Previous quoted people include L. Frank Baum, GK Chesterton and more. Decided that I might post here when I do that in the future so as to both give credit to the original quote, but also because often there is some story significance to the source I chose.

Ok. So thus far almost every post from The Sandman has included quotes from famous sources. Today's selections were from The Dalai Lama and Neil Gaiman. Previous quoted people include L. Frank Baum, GK Chesterton and more. Decided that I might post here when I do that in the future so as to both give credit to the original quote, but also because often there is some story significance to the source I chose.

Very cool!

I love annotations!

Nicely done, Lunar-- Sandy and Braggock are joining one hell of a party.

Back