It's The 2004 Literotica Valentine's Day Story Contest!

Svenskaflicka said:
I'm still in shock after last year's Survivor. I might not recover in time to squeeze out a romance story.

I don't know if you are aware of it or not but you didn't really have to scramble to finish and submit the last story, on mind control. On Dec. 31, a Wed., your immunity number came up in the lottery. You could have used it and ended up with a score one point lower than the one you got but still come in second. Also, you had until midnight, Pacific Standard Time, which is about eight hours later than your midnight.
 
Valentine voting

My story's rating is creeping up but is still less than 4.00.

I thought that more votes lowered the rating?

Jeanne
 
Re: Valentine voting

jeanne_d_artois said:
My story's rating is creeping up but is still less than 4.00.

I thought that more votes lowered the rating?

Jeanne

I think it depends on what the votes are, jeanne. I'm sad to learn the story is below 4.00. I'd vote again, but it would get deleted. :(

- Mindy, waiting patiently for the next pantomime chapter... ;)
 
Re: Re: Valentine voting

minsue said:
I think it depends on what the votes are, jeanne. I'm sad to learn the story is below 4.00. I'd vote again, but it would get deleted. :(

- Mindy, waiting patiently for the next pantomime chapter... ;)

Thank you for the thought, Mindy.

I didn't expect a high rating for my Valentine's Day entry. It is too subtle for some.

The Pantomime is stalled while my other persona is busy. Jeanne has a split personality and it takes time and effort to switch roles.

Jeanne's viewpoint is different.

However the plot for the panto story is growing. ;)

Jeanne (for a few minutes)
 
2004 VALENTINES DAY STORY CONTEST

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm in the mood for happiness
like when a flower see's the sun;
my heart can feel your warmness
wanting you to be the one.

I'm in the mood for being brave
and pouring out my heart;
I talk so big when I'm alone
but with you I can't start.

I'm in the mood for loving
I would always be so kind;
To me your love's the rarest
I will ever come to find.

You just don't notice when I'm there
...all I can see is you;
and if you were my valentine
I'm sure you'de love me too.

This final verse I dedicate
to those who's love is blind;
to give your love, and not recieve
is the worst love you can find.

Valentine's day with out poetry, is like a sky with out the stars.
 
Ok, my story is up. Not my best, but I'm happy I managed to put something together for the contest. :)


The Naked Chef


Now I'm awaiting anonymous feedback bashing. ;)
 
Lovepotion69 said:
Ok, my story is up. Not my best, but I'm happy I managed to put something together for the contest. :)


The Naked Chef


Now I'm awaiting anonymous feedback bashing. ;)

no one worth believing would bash you
 
I swear my V-day story has generated the least feedback of all my stories. Admit I'm a bit puzzled about this as it's in the contest and more people read it.

Oh well, at least nobody's bashing it yet (although votes seem to be lower now!) :rolleyes:
 
Lovepotion69 said:
Oh well, at least nobody's bashing it yet

Okay. So what did you do that I missed? Mine started at 4.87 and dropped in a day to 3.13. :(
 
To expose or not to expose...

My two entries have attracted more views and votes than the two other stories I submitted during the contest.

Current positions are:

The Short One: Rating 4.35 Votes 26

The Long One: Rating 4.50 Votes 34

The Other stories:

The Giant Squid: Rating 4.89 Votes 9

Where Did I Put The Sex?: Rating 4.80 Votes 10

So - Entering the competition means that more people notice the stories but the ratings are lower. That assumes that my Valentine's Day entries are as good as the others. Personally I like The Giant Squid best of these 4 so maybe the voters are right.

Og
 
As a newbie I was worried about submitting a contest entry.

At first the votes were low. The rating has been creeping up gradually. The story was well below four but after the last 20 votes has increased to stand at 4.22 with 67 votes.

I didn't expect to win with a story with no obvious sex. The initial voting was disheartening but I appreciated the comments. Now I am happy that I did enter.

Back to the keyboard for my next chapter.

Jeanne

PS With this post I lost my inappropriate "virgin" tag.:)
 
My Valentine's story got put up sometime late last night or early this morning. I don't know what the rating is because it is still showing as "pending" in my story list. It's in the new stories list but not in the Valentine's list.

CM
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
My Valentine's story got put up sometime late last night or early this morning. I don't know what the rating is because it is still showing as "pending" in my story list. It's in the new stories list but not in the Valentine's list.

CM

It's on there now CM!

- Mindy
 
minsue said:
It's on there now CM!

- Mindy

In the Valentine's Entry list? It's not showing up for me :(. I think it must just be a lag because there are three other Valentine's stories in the New list that aren't showing up in the Valentine list yet.

CM
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can see it in the V-Day list CM. I guess you need to refresh your page or delete cookies or some such stuff.

Edit: I just noticed we have the same colours in our sigs. What do I make of it? :p
 
The story is up. I have read and voted.

Banging your head against a desk? I suppose she was.

Check your browser settings. You may have it set to archive pages so you are looking at an older version of the page.

Og
 
damppanties said:
I can see it in the V-Day list CM. I guess you need to refresh your page or delete cookies or some such stuff.

Edit: I just noticed we have the same colours in our sigs. What do I make of it? :p

Refreshing the page worked. The other V-day stories in the new list are there now too.

For sig colors, I prefer red, but I figured that all red would be too much, so I used blue and purple, LOL.

CM
 
oggbashan said:
The story is up. I have read and voted.

Banging your head against a desk? I suppose she was.

Check your browser settings. You may have it set to archive pages so you are looking at an older version of the page.

Og

Thanks Og, I'll check on that.

I've been banging my head on my desk for several days now. I put it there when I started having problems with a story that I was working on, lol.

Thanks for the read and vote.

CM
 
The day after my story was up it had a voting of 4.37, then it went up to 4.41, up again to 4.42 and then on the fourth day down to 4.39 and now 4.34.

Don't mind that very much, as long as it's above 4.0 I'm happy. Just find it a bit strange I haven't received much feedback. Not that it was one of my best stories...:eek:

Oh well, hopefully my next story (still pending) will generate some feedback. It's not in the contest though. And no sex. Hm, perhaps I shouldn't hope too much. LOL

/LP
 
So, how do you all manage to get so many votes? I've had over 3000 views on all of my stories now, but I don't think I even have enough votes to register for the Valentine's Contest. :(
 
I accidently (due to a title mix up) uploaded the wrong version of my story. An earlier unproofed version was posted on Lit tonight. I have since asked Laurel to replace that one with the correct version but it hasnt happened yet.


Not that there is normally a big rush to read my stories but I would ask you maybe waited to read and vote until the version I intended to enter is posted on the site.

Thanks,

Cat

Edited to add: The amazing Laurel is at work as we speak. :rose:
 
Last edited:
That'll teach me.

I uploaded my Valentine's Story at 3.00am this morning (my time) wake up and check at 8.00am (my time) and there it is on the competition list. Does Laurel never sleep?

Thanks very much Laurel.

Not on the New List yet but that's neither here nor there. I even got my first vote. It was a 1.

Can't call it a bomb if it's the first vote can I?

I don't suppose it helped that I stupidly placed it under 'Romance' and neglected to use words like cock and cunt. Even more stupidly I didn't even include a proper sex scene.

If anyone is going to bother reading this obvious piece of excrement could you visit this thread and perhaps leave a comment?

Many thanks and many more to Laurel.

Gauche
 
Re: That'll teach me.

gauchecritic said:
Even more stupidly I didn't even include a proper sex scene.

If anyone is going to bother reading this obvious piece of excrement ...
O go read my PC you silly twat. Great sex scene to my mind (and nipples).

Perdita :kiss:
 
Back
Top