I could use a point of view on something

John Blackhawk

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Posts
795
Well i was wondering if i could get a point of view on how to write a good lap dance scene? I'm trying to write one for a halloween piece i'm writing. Someone with experience in this sort of thing would be welcome
 
I suggest going online and finding a video of a lap dance that A. you find arousing and B. fits the image you have for your story. Let it inspire the framework, then put yourself in the scene. Imagine what details would make it most attractive for you; write them down; then see which ones fit the story, and expand on them.

Remember: lap dances in real life are all about teasing. If the lap dance in your story is the immediate prelude to something that includes a climax, that's great, but if it's just one scene in a larger story that eventually builds to a climax, you need to make sure that it's focus is being titillating.

Also, a good rule of thumb when writing sensual scenes is to not focus on the literal acts that the characters are performing. "He thrusts himself into her" is boring. That's just porn put into words. Expand on the feelings and thoughts of the characters in the scene. When you write out the details of the acts they're performing, metaphor and artful imagery are useful tools. Of course, you can go overboard on those, so make sure that you're keeping yourself at least a little bit in check. Porn is abundant and easy to consume, but simple. People read erotica because they want to be drawn in by the artistry of it. The cardinal rule of fiction is to give the reader a reason to care about the characters. In erotica, it's equally important to give them a reason to care about the sex.

Now, as far as this applies to your specific question: you'll probably have little physical acts other than the rubbing of bodies, talking, and moaning. All of those are details that you have to have (it wouldn't be a lap dance without them), but you can't hinge an entire scene on them. Tell the reader about the specific thoughts and feelings that these acts provoke in the characters--I'd say to detail both the performer and the recipient.

If you get some ink on your paper and want someone to take a look at it, throw a link to a file share up here. There are a lot of authors who would be more than happy to help out.
 
Well i was wondering if i could get a point of view on how to write a good lap dance scene?

Don't look one up on the web. Go to a strip club and get one personally. Ain' nuthin' like first hand experience.
 
Don't look one up on the web. Go to a strip club and get one personally. Ain' nuthin' like first hand experience.

I don't really agree with that. You can analyze one with concerted attention on a recording. It would be hard to do that in real life. Of course, it would add a dimension if you experienced one as well as saw a depiction of it.
 
Yeah. Go get a lap dance. Then tell us about it. If you’re a good writer, there’s your scene.
 
Well i was wondering if i could get a point of view on how to write a good lap dance scene? I'm trying to write one for a halloween piece i'm writing. Someone with experience in this sort of thing would be welcome

Would I be correct to assume that you are writing it from the male POV?

If you have questions about rules, practices, etc. from the dancer's perspective, I'd be happy to help.

I've written about my experiences as a dancer here:My Fall and Rise Chapter 4: Chardonnay
 
Well i was wondering if i could get a point of view on how to write a good lap dance scene? I'm trying to write one for a halloween piece i'm writing. Someone with experience in this sort of thing would be welcome

Sure.

"For lunch, my friends drug me off to a hole in the wall that sold steaks and lap dances and I wasn't really sure I wanted either. It hardly sounded sanitary. When we arrived at 'Players', I noted three well-used fly strips hanging behind the bar and..."

Oh, wait. That may not be what you are looking for. :D
 
wing it

The others have given you some good advice. Personal experience may bring it to life and make it more accurate, but you don't have to limit yourself.

Look at all the sci fi, erotic horror, and mind control stories on the site. They spring from the author's imagination. Make up a world and fill it with the strangest characters you can think of.

Writers can write about anything! Knowledge be damn!

Writing well, now, that's another mater! Spelling, grammar, plots and character development, I can't comment on those things, i haven't mastered them yet.
 
Swaying of the hips, movement of the arms, the undress, and the weight of her body pressing on the guy's body.
 
Focus on all five senses. What does he see? hear? smell? He probably doesn't get a chance to taste her, but he can still lick the salt from the sweat running down his face. Immerse your character in the sensations.
 
Last edited:
Focus on all five senses. What does he see? hear? smell? He probably doesn't get a chance to taste her, but he can still lick the salt from the sweat running down his face. Immerse your character in the sensations.

That depends entirely on the club. Which depends on the State and/or Country and the laws governing the clubs. Some clubs are FAR more explicit than others.
 
Back
Top