2014 Gunfight!

I thought that was what you were gunning for? And good. We need a third! Welcome to the showdown!

Gonna happen Butters, gonna happen. Annie is out as a judge, but Magnetron is in, and if we have Remec and Butters as Gunslingers, and Lauren and Mags (excuse the nickname, and judging is easy, you need only follow the rules outlined in the competition) as judges? Unless I missed something, we only need one more judge to begin.

I'll wait for Playcatch? Who might like to also be a judge, to confirm, before I solidify a date. :D

So, you will announce the rules right before the comp?

I'll participate as a gunfighter too if I have the chance - but I'll exclude myself from the judging, so no one vote for me.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a bit sooner than I hoped. I can certainly run the gunfight tomorrow, but need to make sure that all the players are in place in order to do so.

Butters seems good to go for tomorrow, but is Remec? He hasn't mentioned that he'd be good to go for tomorrow, and due to time zones, the gunfights, at least for the competitors, needs to be matched and agreed between the challengers because it's a 'real time' poetry writing session.

Judges, on the other hand, get a full 24 hours to read the parameters of the challenge, read the poems and decide which of the two poets has best risen to the specific challenge.

Matching times between the two challengers is probably the biggest problem with gunfights.

I'd guess that tomorrow won't be good for Remec, so I'll ask Butters to give me a few more dates to arrange the challenge.

Any other questions?

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a bit sooner than I hoped. I can certainly run the gunfight tomorrow, but need to make sure that all the players are in place in order to do so.

Butters seems good to go for tomorrow, but is Remec? He hasn't mentioned that he'd be good to go for tomorrow, and due to time zones, the gunfights, at least for the competitors, needs to be matched and agreed between the challengers because it's a 'real time' poetry writing session.

Judges, on the other hand, get a full 24 hours to read the parameters of the challenge, read the poems and decide which of the two poets has best risen to the specific challenge.

Matching times between the two challengers is probably the biggest problem with gunfights.

I'd guess that tomorrow won't be good for Remec, so I'll ask Butters to give me a few more dates to arrange the challenge.

Any other questions?
i'm free next wednesday till midday, then from around 6pm till 10ish. after that it'd have to be sunday again. no point at all me trying after a day's work, i'd be rubbisher than usual :rolleyes:

i'm happy for someone else to take my place if needs be. :rose:

So, you will announce the rules right before the comp?

I'll participate as a gunfighter too if I have the chance - but I'll exclude myself from the judging, so no one vote for me.

The rules for competitors and judges will be explicitly outlined on the day of the challenge. The Gunfight is a terrific thrill of a challenge for poets, judges, and those following. If Butters feels she can't do it because of time constraints, then you're next in line, Magnetron. ;) :rose:

i'm free next wednesday till midday, then from around 6pm till 10ish. after that it'd have to be sunday again. no point at all me trying after a day's work, i'd be rubbisher than usual :rolleyes:

i'm happy for someone else to take my place if needs be. :rose:

No probs, Butters. What is your time zone? I'm GMT and if I recall, Remec is EST.

Last edited:
I'm usually free Mon, Tue and Wed 9 AM to 12 Noon.

Central Standard Time here in Wisconsin, US of A.

Right-O.

Now we need to wait for Remec. :)

You're memory is correct. I'm Eastern, but I also work third shift (mid-8am) Sun-Thur, so sometime during my daytime is prolly more doable since I'll have had a nap and be back awake and functioning by then.

t'ain't high noon yet, pardner... s'all quiet. fer now....

*Wind swirls dust on the empty street; a tumble weed skips by. The clock sounds preternaturally loud in the empty saloon. Harry sits in a rocking chair, rolls a smoke*

Okay, so, to Butters and Remec:

Is either Sunday, December 7th or Wednesday, December 10th good for you both? We could set the time at 20:00 GMT for Butters / 3:00pm EST for Remec.

Okay, so, to Butters and Remec:

Is either Sunday, December 7th or Wednesday, December 10th good for you both? We could set the time at 20:00 GMT for Butters / 3:00pm EST for Remec.

Yeah, either one should be fine for me.

Yeah, either one should be fine for me.

sunday's a go for me, wednesday probably fine as well but depends on work - it should be my reg day off but can't confirm it at the moment.

*twirls pistols*

The showdown begins this Sunday! :devil:

I have Playcatch, Tzara and Lauren for judges as far as I can tell. Is this correct, and are all three still ready, willing and able? A reminder that judges have a full 24 hours to make a decision.

Back