Just a test message... seems to be a glitch filled weekend

jsmiam

Literotica Whisperer
And yes, AOL is my alter-ego email program, so I can probably blame them. I'm just posting this to see if my post goes through.

Tried...
  • Creating an account, didn't get an email at all
  • After a day or two, it dawned on me.. I had created an account over ten years ago
  • Do a lot of people have problems with AOL blocking email from literotica?
  • Tried posting a story, getting an "Internal Server Error (500) on L2-1", which is a web server error, 500 is a somewhat catch-all "something somewhere went wrong".
So anyway... feel free to ignore, I'm just seeing if this post goes through.

And yes, AOL is my alter-ego email program, so I can probably blame them. I'm just posting this to see if my post goes through.

Tried...
  • After a day or two, it dawned on me.. I had created an account over ten years ago
  • Tried posting a story, getting an "Internal Server Error (500) on L2-1", which is a web server error, 500 is a somewhat catch-all "something somewhere went wrong".

You would be better off creating a current email over on Yahoo!. It's free and you can stay anonymous. Or you can try Google mail.

AOL is falling apart. Better to go with a site like Yahoo! or Google.

Some places tend to shutdown old email accounts with no use.

Thanks for the reply. Along with cheap sunglasses and cheap cell phones, I suppose cheesy old AOL fits too. Besides, they're not smart enough to spy on my every action as well as Google. ;-)

Anyway, as far as the error message after submitting, I guess that happened AFTER the story got submitted, but BEFORE the confirmation page, so I do see the story remaining as PENDING (pending review), so I suppose that part is OK, somewhat. And independent of email travailsl

Email wise, I haven't seen a single email yet, from literotica yet.

Thanks for the reply. Along with cheap sunglasses and cheap cell phones, I suppose cheesy old AOL fits too. Besides, they're not smart enough to spy on my every action as well as Google. ;-)

Anyway, as far as the error message after submitting, I guess that happened AFTER the story got submitted, but BEFORE the confirmation page, so I do see the story remaining as PENDING (pending review), so I suppose that part is OK, somewhat. And independent of email travailsl

Email wise, I haven't seen a single email yet, from literotica yet.

Sorry, didn't see you got the DB error message. It's been a common occurrence lately. I have received it on my last couple of submission. I just did a back to previous page and hit the submit button again and everything went fine.

As for Google spying on you...so what, it'a an anonymous account. You don't have to give your real name or any real life information. You think my real name is Zeb Carter? Or any of the other names google or yahoo know me by? Nope.

And don't discount AOL's tech savvy, they probably could if they wanted to.

And I wouldn't worry about google...it's the NSA you really have to worry about. What would google care about what you do? Then again, just delete all messages or archive them on your machine.

On account creation Lit usually sends the email in seconds after you submit the information. Check you spam/junk folder. As for AOL blocking sites...doubt it.

Wait! Backup the train.

AOL is still around?

Lol.. No, that's an exaggeration. They are still around, serving largely as the cyber equivalent of the early bird discount at the cafeteria style restaurant, but they are still around and still have lots of money in the bank. They even made news recently about some increase in revenue or something. The welcome mat may be covered in a layer of dust, but you can still join. AOL yes, AIM, not so much.

When the world realizes that Facebook is just AOL reincarnated, and finally turns against it, I'm counting on the ultimate irony happening, and for AOL to buy Facebook.

GMail provides good security against virulent mails, spams, phishing attacks and much more. Yes, they do mess with private information, but unless you're giving out something substantial information on your profile, they don't bother much. I've used it for as long as I can remember, and so far, it has been good for me.

:)

Tried...

You are not going to believe this, but your post was sent almost twelve years into the future.

The problem could be something messing with the flux capacitor in your PC.

Clear your registry files, defrag your machine, do the necessary Windows 2000 updates, and have AOL mail you a new CD Rom.

If you are still on the forum in 2015, look us up on Lit Chat!

Good luck!

PS - Not sure where in Florida you are, but in a few years you are going to hear about a storm called Katrina. You're just gonna have to trust me with this, but when that bitch starts making her way towards the coast, take a long holiday someplace very north and very west of FLA.

too funny

Lots of comedians here, I love it! :) I have modern better versions for my real life too, don't worry. I suppose the worse the stuff we get up to, the harder we try to hide it. So no tor here, just a little private browsing and basic precautions, but backwards old aol usually gets the job mostly done..

The ui to literotica makes the 1997 me feel right at home though, I must say. I almost asked about that, but as a newbie, I decided not to. I mean, no login link in the top right of the welcome screen? Awesome, let me dig up my CompuServe login too! :D

Back