The last person to post here [still] wins . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost good morning to you. Cool here, but there's evidence the sun is still up there. A day of writing a mainstream contest story and reviewing stories for various anthologies, dirty and not.

And now it's a dim & dingy evening. And we've had a very cool day.
So I'm actually Writing (for a change).:)

Sweet.

I found a little paper tucked into a photo album from the 40's that had pictures of my father when he was in the service. The paper is a license for Jap Hunting.

Coincidence. Last night I pulled out and reviewed (for inclusion in an anthology) an old story of mine where a woman is returning overdue books to a library while closing out the effects of her deceased--and estranged--father, to find that the library books were the same as ones she had told him about in letters she'd sent to him (and were tucked in the library books) that he hadn't answered (because, unknown to her, her mother had a restraining order against him on contact with the wife or daughter). She discovered that when she wrote to him about a book she was reading, he'd check the book out and read it along with her--in absentia--to stay connected in the only way he could.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, the UK goes onto what we call British Summer Time (UTC+1) and an increasing number of people, under the influence, no doubt of Windows or similar, call Daylight Saving Time.
Personally, I'd rather stay on GMT.

Coincidence. Last night I pulled out and reviewed (for inclusion in an anthology) an old story of mine where a woman is returning overdue books to a library while closing out the effects of her deceased--and estranged--father, to find that the library books were the same as ones she had told him about in letters she'd sent to him (and were tucked in the library books) that he hadn't answered (because, unknown to her, her mother had a restraining order against him on contact with the wife or daughter). She discovered that when she wrote to him about a book she was reading, he'd check the book out and read it along with her--in absentia--to stay connected in the only way he could.

I like that. :rose:

Tomorrow, the UK goes onto what we call British Summer Time (UTC+1) and an increasing number of people, under the influence, no doubt of Windows or similar, call Daylight Saving Time.
Personally, I'd rather stay on GMT.

:) Just something else to confuse us all with.

My only confusion is where the hell did the day go? :eek:

(Editing one novel and getting the second started) :cool:

Well good morning to one & all on this gloomy, grey morn.
It's far too early to be up and doing, but we gotta go . . .

good morning, long time no see:rose:

You might, perhaps, visit the AH more often ? :rose:
Every time I get near my Skype-ridden PC, I find it's the middle of the night over there.
I gotta try harder at less-strange times!

You might, perhaps, visit the AH more often ? :rose:
Every time I get near my Skype-ridden PC, I find it's the middle of the night over there.
I gotta try harder at less-strange times!

It is the middle of the night now :rose:

So much for the First Aid course.

I have attended several of these things, and I notice that the Rules are changing.
Where one CPR to the rhythm of "Nellie the Elephant" was idea, it's now a frantic 120 to the minute.
And that's just one example.

I sincerely hope that if I am ever near a person needing First Aid there's a real first aider nearby, 'cos I wouldn't trust me with a splinter.

I have attended several of these things, and I notice that the Rules are changing.
Where one CPR to the rhythm of "Nellie the Elephant" was idea, it's now a frantic 120 to the minute.

I sincerely hope that if I am ever near a person needing First Aid there's a real first aider nearby, 'cos I wouldn't trust me with a splinter.

The current "wisdom" prefers this song:
:catgrin:

The current "wisdom" prefers this song: "Stayin' Alive:. :catgrin:

Sweet.

I found a little paper tucked into a photo album from the 40's that had pictures of my father when he was in the service. The paper is a license for Jap Hunting.

The current "wisdom" prefers this song: "Stayin' Alive:. :catgrin:

Thank you. Yes really; I have a feeling that I'll be asked 'questions' tomorrow. . .
Now, I wonder why they changed the thing. No sooner have we learned something
than some bloody experts group changes it all round.

Sweet.

Any chance of a copy thereof please?
My pal's ol' Dad went Jap Huntin', back in the day.
He'd appreciate the humour, I think.

A couple of hours ago we had sleet...:eek:

(Now it's "only rain") :rolleyes:

Well - coffee's ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back