The one in the Club he loved to see- CLOSED

He sensed some tension now in the air as she walked away and heard her comment. What did he do wrong... it must have been his choice of a question... he shook his head.

"DeeDee, I am sorry, I did not mean to sound like a complete ass. It was not my intention."

He stood up and felt his legs almost give as the alcohol washed through his system. He went down to one knee as he took a few steps.

"DeeDee, please I let the drink speak for me."

He coughed a bit as he looked to her there on the phone.

"Of course that was not the first question I wanted to ask, but I decided to be a little boyish. I made a mistake. Please let me ask the original question what I wanted to really ask you..."

He knew what was coming, he heard the foot steps, he knew she was calling for him to be escorted out. He shook his head and stood up straight.

"I guess I messed things up..."

His world shattered in front of his eyes as he straightened his coat and took the last drink from his glass.

"I guess I will be leaving now. Here let me pay for your time I have wasted of yours."

He shook his head as he opened the door and asked the bouncer to close his tab and he will sign for the charges. He opened his wallet and took out a thousand dollars in one hundred dollars bills. He looked to his watch and saw how late it was. He looked to DeeDee and he half smiled as he knew he ruined there short relationship.

"I was going to ask what your favorite color was, but I didn't want to seem too innocent. I am so sorry DeeDee, I will leave now."

He left the money on the table and he walked out to sign his tab out at the bar.
 
"I guess I will be leaving now. Here let me pay for your time I have wasted of yours."

She stared at him incredulously. She had merely asked for another bottle of whisky to be brought for him and he was leaving?!? She hardly heard what he said as he counted out the bills onto the table. Since she'd agreed to be his girlfriend, he had treated her more like a whore than he ever had when he had simply been a client.
She met the guy's eyes as they searched hers; he too had been privy to her plans for this room and this evening. She shook her head and shrugged signalling him to stay back and merely follow Drew and do what he wanted to do.

She watched them leave and the door closed and stood for long moments in the empty room, her mind racing until her decision was made. Reaching up she took out the earrings and replaced them in the little box. She scooped up the cash and folded it carefully, then with one look around she left the room turning in the opposite direction of the bar and slipping through a private door at the back.

She had so nearly made a big mistake. She had always thought that men were bastards and it seemed that this was true, despite her hope that Drew was different. Of course the management were not happy when she informed them that she was ending her shift early and would not be performing again that evening. But that was nothing compared to the fact that she told them that she was going to take a couple of days off to 'rethink her options'. She left the little jewellery box and an envelope with instructions that they be given to Drew whenever he next visited. The envelope contained his money, but no note. She decided to let the objects speak for themselves ...
 
Drew walked up to the bar and they presented him with the check and he signed the paper and walked out of the bar, a few of the bouncers asked if he needed a cab to be called and Drew just waved them off. He got to his car and he slumped in the seat as he put his face in his hands.

"What have I done... she deserves so much better than what I have done to her in these last few hours... why was I such an asshole! FUCK!"

He slammed his forehead into the steering wheel and reached to open his glove compartment and inside was a slim bottle of whiskey. He looked to it and sighed.

"Guess she was right, you are the company I chose... over you... DeeDee..."

He opened the door and threw the bottle out into the street, hearing it shatter. Drew sat there a while thinking. He had to see her. He got out of his car and walked back inside the club. He looked around and asked one of the bouncers if they could get DeeDee for him, that he wanted to speak with her, that it was important.

Drew waited around for a few minutes and the boss of the club came out to greet him and hand him the box and an envelope. Drew looked at it and knew what it was. His heart sank and he fell back a step and hit the wall, the boss and a few waitresses looked concerned as they helped Drew to a chair. Drew shook his head and knew she was gone, what was he going to do.

"She left didn't she, I screwed everything up... please I need to speak with her, I need to make things right. Help me, please."

They looked to him and actually felt sorry for him.
 
DeeDee headed out of the back of the club. Gone was the makeup, the finery, the costume and façade. Instead she wore a pair of tight jeans and blue shirt over which she had a sweater and then a jacket. Her long hair was captured high in a pony tail and on her feet she wore a pair of work but good quality brown leather boots. The club created the fantasy and despite her best intentions, she'd let herself get caught up in it all. What she needed was 'regrounding'; a few days living her life and her reality would soon help her sort out her head.

"Hey Matt..."

She called out as the cab met her as she slipped out of the back door. It was a service the club gave to all the girls who attracted the attention of guys to ensure that they made it home safely. She was relieved to see that it was one of her favourite drivers a giant of a man who though he was at least in his late thirties was one of the most formidable of the guys on staff there.

"Hey DeeDee ... you're early ... "

He commented as she slid into the passenger seat beside him. Her subdued nod rung alarm bells to him.

"What's up. You didn't have any trouble did you 'cos ... "

DeeDee hastened to reassure him.

"No .. nothing like that ... far from it ... "

She murmured with a heavy sigh as they pulled away, aware of how his eyes kept flicking back to rest on her as she stared blankly out of the window.

"Hey, don't look so concerned, ok?"

She turned to assured him.

"It's nothing ... nothing new anyhows ... Just the same old story ...guy falls for girl, girl falls for guy ... guy turns out to be a total asshole ..."

She shrugged.

"Even I'm not immune to it, it seems ... "

She sighed drawing her jacket around her.

"You fell for this guy?"

She looked across at him.

"Yes .. no .. oh... I don't know ... I thought ... "

She laughed self mockingly.

"I thought he was different ... how crazy is that, right?"

She was angry at herself for letting him get to her and hurt by how he had just flung money down when he left.

"Actually, Matt ... if you don't mind ... you can drop me just around here ..."

Though he slowed, her driver showed no sign of stopping.

"At this hour of night? You shouldn't be walking out alone DeeDee...."

She waved away his concerns.

"I need to walk, clear my head ... I'll just cut through the park, pick up a coffee or some supper and then ... it'll only take me 10, 15 minutes at most ... "

He slowed still more.

"I dunno DeeDee ... the boss'll kill me if ..."

She interrupted him.

"I'm not flavour of the month at the moment with the Boss... "

She told him.

"... not a fan of a girl taking some time off ..."

She clarified as he finally pulled to a halt.

"Thanks ... and quit frettin' ... I'm fine... or will be at least..."

She reached across and kissed his cheek then drawing the jacket high around her she slipped out of the car and headed into the park ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

By the time he got back to the club there was a commotion going on. Matt parked up briskly and went to offer some 'muscle' to the situation, but found it was more a case of first aid that was needed.

"She left didn't she, I screwed everything up... please I need to speak with her, I need to make things right. Help me, please."

He recognised the guy. The big tipper who only had eyes for DeeDee. And from what the guy was saying and from what Matt could pick up from those around him it was due to him that DeeDee had decided to take a 'sabbatical'. He was a great guy they told him, harmless, but ... a drinker it seemed and judging by the trip and fall he had had he was none too steady on his feet even now.

"If we gave out the home addresses of our girls, can you imagine what the consequences would be?"

He was being told.

"Look, we can pass on a message, but that's it. We're sorry, Sir, but our girls' safety and privacy have to come first ... "

It took a while to convince the guy, but refusing further medical attention he eventually left the club, not aware that he had been followed out into the street. Waiting until Matt was sure that no one was watching him, he stepped out of the shadows and moved swiftly to block off Drew's exit.

"You were looking for DeeDee."

He accused, rather than asked.

"After upsetting her so damned much, why would she want to see you again?"

He growled wondering if this man actually had any spine to him at all.

"And why should I help you ...?"
 
Drew was a type of guy that usually let people walk all over him, like he was a welcome mat. He kept his emotions usually to himself, but tonight was not a normal night. He looked to the boss and pleaded with him, offered him cash, offered him partnership for club expansion, offered the world to him, but he did not want to betray DeeDee. Drew understood, but what else could he do. As the time passed, he knew his window was slowing closing.

"I am sorry, I am going to go... please tell DeeDee that I at least tried..."

He shook his head and slowly stood up and he walked out of the club, he got to his car and suddenly a large man was in front of him, blocking him from his car. He shook his head and thought "Great, now I am going to get mugged, what else can go wrong tonight..."

"Just my luck right... go ahead take it... and do the world a favor and just take me out... what else do I have left in this world. DeeDee was the only thing that made me get out into the world in the first place, now she is gone..."

He heard his questions.

"Wait... What?"

Drew shook his head and now looked at the man, he reconized him from the club.

"You know her where a bouts? Look I am not a stalker, or anything like that. I just messed up tonight, I drank a little too much and things were going so right and I made bad choices... but come on, this is a first time thing for me... I did not want to upset her or give her the notion I was a sleezeball, I was just being playful..."

He explained what happend to him and ended up sitting down on the ground in the parking lot, the ground was wet and Drew did not care that his expensive suit was getting ruined.

"She means the world to me, I just need to let her know that I am new to this and I am sorry. Please sir, either kick my ass and leave me to die, or help this poor fellow. I know I can make things right with her. I am sobering up..."

He looked to the gentleman and sighed, he did not know what was to happen, he looked as if he was her protector.

"She said we were boyfriend and girlfriend... and like that it was over... all because I was a fool... you have to understand, I meant her no harm or insult. I was just doing what I thought was right..."

He stood up now and looked the man right in the eyes, he was not going to take no for an answer.

"Go ahead, if I were you, I would take a shot at me, I fucked up. I deserve it, do it! I am not afraid."

Drew was now in his face, he was ready and he was scared.

"If it is for her, than nothing will get in my way, I need to let her know that I am sorry and I am a fool, but a fool that can take her worries away and give her a life she could truly enjoy, a life that is simple and free..."

Drew closed his eyes, waiting for what was to come...

"Please help me."
 
The guy was a mess. Matt wasn't impressed at the begging, the apologising, the meet-me-up-I-don't-give-a-damn attitude. And when he had explained what had happened inside the room, it didn't do anything to impress him.

"You say she's an angel bud, but that ain't no way to treat a lady ... and yes, for all the front and the sass, she's a class act and that poor kid don't deserve a smuck like you fucking her over jus' ' cos you can't hold your drink..."

He let those words sink in. Matt suspected that all this guy saw was the glamour and DeeDee sure was impressive, even intimidating so when at work, but he had gotten to know her over the months and knew just a little of what had gone on in her past.

"She said we were boyfriend and girlfriend... and like that it was over... all because I was a fool... you have to understand, I meant her no harm or insult. I was just doing what I thought was right..."

He watched as the guy staggered to his feet.

"Yeah she took a chance on you and you threw it back in her face. She don't trust so quick usually. Is it any wonder she wants to get as far away from you as possible?"

Yet through all Matt's tirade, Drew continued to profess his feelings for DeeDee, even willing to square up to him finally in a vain hope that Matt would relent and show him where she was.

"If it is for her, than nothing will get in my way, I need to let her know that I am sorry and I am a fool, but a fool that can take her worries away and give her a life she could truly enjoy, a life that is simple and free. Please help me."

Matt was tempted to slow clap the dramatic declaration played out in front of him.

"You really think you can make life good for her. Sorry bud, but that ain't the way I see it so far ... "

His tone was derisive.

"Besides, anything she thinks she feels for you will fade away soon enough if she's left in peace ... "

He pushed past Drew and made his way round the side of the club to his car. It was a crumb he'd thrown him, but doubted would he pick up on it? Either way, by the time he reached his car Drew was there insisting on being told where DeeDee was.

"Right ... you got one chance fella, ya hear me? And I'm only doin' this for two reasons: Firstly 'cos I know for God knows what reason, the girl has really fallen or ya and Mainly: 'cos I don't like the thought of her wanderin' out there alone at this hour ... "

He cut of the protests that Drew made about DeeDee's safety.

"Yeah, yeah, tell me about it. But if a girl wants to take herself off to cry her heart out whatyagonna do? Now hurry up and get in so's we can find her. But if DeeDee don't want you round, then I'll make sure you don't make a nuisance of yourself ... "
 
Drew looked to the man and he smiled.

"Thank you so much sir. Thank you, and if she does not want anything to do with me, I will leave, no complaints, no fighting, I will just be gone. And I will never bother her again."

He got into his car and put his seat belt on. Drew was very anxious to find her and make things right. He was already sober and the booze was out of his system. He knew he had a drinking problem, but it was what got him through his boring life. He had nothing else, so he had a small chance of making things right. He had a small chance of getting that light back into his life. He only had this one small chance though... what was he going to do...

Drew looked to the driver and knew that he knew just where to go. Drew sat there and thought about what he was going to say and had to get it right, he had to be himself and not act like the fool he was for her.

"Come on, lets go."

He really wanted this to happen.
 
Matt glanced across at the guy sat next to him. He seemed to be composing himself and Matt could only hope that he didn't blow it this time. Matt knew enough about DeeDee to know that she was as likely to just take off as come back to the club and face them all. He gave a heavy sigh as he pulled into the almost empty streets. Beside him Drew was impatient, a sentiment Matt shared when he thought of DeeDee wandering around the park in the early hours, even if it was something he was sure she felt comfortable enough doing.

Short though the journey was, it seemed all too long before Matt pulled the car up in a dark side street and motioned for Drew to follow him. They crossed the road, then cut through an alley way and then round to the exterior fence which surrounded the park.

"You can cut a whole chunk off this way..."

Matt told his companion as he pulled himself up and hauled his muscular body over the fence turning back to assist Drew to do the same. Dusting themselves down, they made their way to the path, both keeping an eye out for DeeDee.

"You're looking for jeans and dark jacket, pony tail ... "

Matt clarified.

"No offence man, but if you're expecting your angel to jump up swinging from the nearest pole then you're gonna be disappointed."

Matt doubted that Drew would even be interested in DeeDee when he saw her in her 'civvies', which was a shame, 'cos to Matt there was no one sweeter than DeeDee when she threw off the mantle of all that glamour and just became a simple girl next door any decent guy would feel affection for, least ways that's what he thought.

For long minutes they walked around in circles, searching back and forth to make sure that they didn't miss her. Only when they were satisfied that DeeDee was nowhere around did Matt steer Drew round down the side, along a pathway to a more secluded part of the park.

"Think I know where she'll be ... "

Matt told him as they went via various twists and turns and finally came upon a tiny café. As one they opened the door and looked around seeking her familiar face.
But no success... Perhaps she had never been there. Perhaps she had headed straight home after all. Either way she obviously didn't want to be found.

"Lonely hearts round her this mornin' ... "

The waitress commented as she moved past Drew and rolled her eyes as his sorry state.

"Lonely hearts, what d'ya mean? You ain't seen a girl 'round here this past hour? Jeans, jacket, boots ... pretty ... and kinda miserable lookin' I guess."

The woman laughed.

"Sure, that's our Anna ... she's usually so upbeat too ... must be misery season... "

Matt didn't query the name and motioned to Drew not to respond. Without alerting the woman he ordered 3 takeout coffees, and in the course of casual banter got more of the story out of her ...

"I can guess where she's gone ... "

Was all Matt said, thrusting the black coffee into his hands as he partially retraced their steps and then headed into the wooded area. He would strangle Dee for running such risks, but that would come later. Behind him the other guy ran to keep up, but right now all he needed was to check that she was where he thought and that nothing had happened to her.

Rounding the corner he came to a grinding halt. The tiny grotto afforded some shelter and some warmth, but he wouldn't want any lady friend of his loitering around such a place at this hour. He gestured for Drew to remain silent as he approached the figure huddled on the stone bench, so distracted she hadn't heard their approach.

"You sure look like you need a coffee... "

She jumped startled and then smiled in relief as she recognised him.

"What are you doing here?"

She queried but readily accepted the hot container.

"Brought someone to talk to ya.."

He told her softly.

"And ... I think you should hear him out .. "

He encouraged uncharacteristically as he stepped aside and let Drew step forward.

"I'll be right over there .."

His words were both a warning to Drew and reassurance to DeeDee.
 
Drew saw the gentleman known as Matt signal to him to come over and Drew at first hesitated, he had to get this right, he had no room for error. It was do or die with this. He nodded his head as he walked over to her and saw Matt walk away after hearing his comment, but it really was a warning.

There sat the most beautiful woman he has ever laid eyes on in front of him. Make up gone, normal clothes, hair up. He smiled at her.

"I know I am the last person you want to see right now DeeDee, I am so sorry for the outcome of the night. I let the drink control who I am, and that is not who I am. I was just so nervous and did not know what to do, and that is no excuse. No excuse for how I was, but I would like to think you could forgive me, that was the first time I have gotten out of line like that."

He looked to her and he tried to read into her, to see what she was feeling.

"DeeDee, I am here for you, just like I have always been here for you. I would like another chance. You mean the world to me. I think we can both make a magical couple, you are so incredible and I am nothing compared to you, but I would love to be something to you. You already said it once that you would be my girlfriend and that was a shock to me, I never dreamed that you would say those words to me and I have often thought about it."

He had a idea, she liked his magic tricks. He kneeled in front of her and smiled as he looked into her eyes. He made the move and he held his hand out and and showed her other hand that held nothing, but than a card flashed and his other hand held a red cloth.

"I am going to show you a magic trick DeeDee, and this trick will reveal to you my passion for you. I am here for one reason, to plead for your forgivness. Here this is for you."

He took the red cloth and covered the card and looked to her.

"Please accept my apology."

He swiped the cloth and it revealed the jewelery box he got for her and he opened it for her, but they did not reveal the earrings, but had a rose petal and the card that had the queen of hearts on it and written on it was "I am sorry, will you ever forgive me?" and Drew held it for her. A shameful smile on his face, that read he was so sorry.

"I know I have a drinking problem and I will work on it. If it means I can have you in my life again."
 
"Brought someone to talk to ya...And ... I think you should hear him out .. "

DeeDee halted in the opening of the container, her eyes widening as she saw Drew stepping forward. Her eyes flew back to Matt, but he reassured her.

"I'll be right over there .."

She glanced briefly at Drew as he approached and then lowered her eyes taking a sip from the cup feeling it warming her chilled body.

"I know I am the last person you want to see right now DeeDee,"

She glanced up and saw his smile, then looked away again as he continued.

"I am so sorry for the outcome of the night. I let the drink control who I am, and that is not who I am. I was just so nervous and did not know what to do, and that is no excuse."

She sipped her coffee as he talked, keeping herself occupied, willing herself not to give into his apology.

"No excuse for how I was, but I would like to think you could forgive me, that was the first time I have gotten out of line like that."

He paused for long moments.

"DeeDee, I am here for you, just like I have always been here for you."

She looked across at him at that. After what had happened that evening, she doubted that they could even be friends.

" I would like another chance. You mean the world to me. I think we can both make a magical couple, you are so incredible and I am nothing compared to you, but I would love to be something to you."

She fixed the lid on the coffee container and put it aside with a sigh, an explanation of why that wasn't going to work ready on her lips.

"You already said it once that you would be my girlfriend and that was a shock to me, I never dreamed that you would say those words to me and I have often thought about it."

She had and she regretted that she had let her guard down with him. That was the whole point. She watched him kneel in front of her and knew she had to just tell him and get it over with, but his actions took her by surprise.

"I am going to show you a magic trick DeeDee, and this trick will reveal to you my passion for you. "

The words caught her by surprise and she eyed him quizzically.

"I am here for one reason, to plead for your forgivness. Here this is for you."

She watched him covering the card.

"Please accept my apology."

She watched as he moved deftly and recognised the jewellery box he had given her earlier. He obviously didn't get it. She didn't want gifts and money thrown at her. She just wanted someone to care and be there ... She watched as he opened up the box, then gasped at the unexpected contents. A rose petal, the card and the message written on it was so unexpected and so sweet that she gasped as he held it out to her.

"I know I have a drinking problem and I will work on it.
If it means I can have you in my life again."


She took the card from his hand and looked down at it. The Queen of Hearts.
She was amazed that he had come up with such a gesture. Raising her eyes to his again, she smiled hesitantly.

"I accept your apology ... "

She told him softly.

"But ... as to us ... "

She shivered and pulled her jacket around her more securely.

"I'd need you to want me ... not DeeDee the show girl ... and ... I don't think that outside the club, that I'm your type ... "

She told him all too aware that without the finery and makeup and persona, she was just simple 'Anna' and could be of no interest to the guy still knelt at her feet.
 
He smiled at her as he saw her shiver and he quickly took his sport coat off and wrapped it around her. He looked to her and felt it really quick to see how cold it was. He felt the call of the alcohol that wanted to warm him up, but he shook it off as he was really happy that she accepted his apology.

"DeeDee, thank you so very much."

But what she said to him really surprised him.

"DeeDee, I am sorry to call you that, I do not know your real name. So lets start with that."

He held his hand out to her.

"My name is Drew Yellen, I am a over worked Vice President of a high end Brokerage and I have a drinking problem."

He looked to her and saw she was dead serious.

"Have you never wondered why I never asked for a dance from you or taken you up on your offers to go to the VIP room. I only wanted your company because it was you that I wanted to be close to, to talk to, never because it was about your body, as beautiful as it is. But seeing you here like this, I am far more amazed at how much more beautiful you are with out the makeup and glamor. I am really amazed and I feel much more intimidated now that I really see it."

He gulped and took a step back and he took his phone out, he than showed her the pictures he took of her.

"You see, as beautiful as you are in your make up, I love the way you look so much more with out it, you have such a beautiful face, and your smile is so bright and amazing."

He smiled at her.

"I think you are completely my type. I really would love to get to know you more."

He really hoped she would go for this.
 
She wanted to protest when he took his coat off and wrapped it around her, but actually felt she loved the feel of his body heat surrounding her.

"DeeDee, thank you so very much. DeeDee, I am sorry to call you that, I do not know your real name. So lets start with that."

She looked up bemused as he held his hand out in introduction.

"My name is Drew Yellen, I am a over worked Vice President of a high end Brokerage and I have a drinking problem."

She smiled at his words and put her hand into his.

"Nice to meet you Drew Yellen, I'm Deanna Mason, stage name DeeDee, Anna to my friends ... "

She informed him.

"Have you never wondered why I never asked for a dance from you or taken you up on your offers to go to the VIP room. I only wanted your company because it was you that I wanted to be close to, to talk to, never because it was about your body, as beautiful as it is. But seeing you here like this, I am far more amazed at how much more beautiful you are with out the makeup and glamor. I am really amazed and I feel much more intimidated now that I really see it."

She shook her head at his words, hardly believing them.

" ... but I don't want to be .. intimidating ... "

She murmured looking at his phone as he pulled it out of his pocket.

"You see, as beautiful as you are in your make up, I love the way you look so much more with out it, you have such a beautiful face, and your smile is so bright and amazing."

She blushed at his words. She could handle compliments like that in the club, but out here in her reality ...

"I think you are completely my type. I really would love to get to know you more."

For long moments her mind raced with indecision. There were so many reasons for turning away, making sure she didn't get hurt more ... but there was just the smallest possibility that this could ... perhaps... work out ...

"O.K... "

She agreed uncertainly.

"But not at the club ... I've left there ... for a while at least ... if you want to ... date ... then we do that like any 'normal' couple ... "

She stated her terms and waited to see if he agreed.
 
He flashed the biggest smile at her as he looked to her.

"Deanna, I am so happy that you want to go through with this, I am so happy that you want me still around."

He wanted to dance, but would not so he did not embarress himself.

"Where ever you want to do this, I am fine with. May I sit down with you?"

He was that same person that she came to enjoy being with, not the jack ass that almost ruined this.

"It is not a bad intimidating, it is a good, your beauty alone is what makes me shy. I know I am not worthy of being here, and I am so happy that you want me here."

He smiled at her.

"I will be happy with what ever time I get with you. When ever you want me to be around, let me know and I will be there."

He raised his hands to his mouth as he blew his breath on them and he rubbed his hands together.
 
"Deanna, I am so happy that you want to go through with this, I am so happy that you want me still around. Where ever you want to do this, I am fine with. May I sit down with you?"

She nodded, pleased at his reaction.

"It is not a bad intimidating, it is a good, your beauty alone is what makes me shy. I know I am not worthy of being here, and I am so happy that you want me here.
I will be happy with what ever time I get with you. When ever you want me to be around, let me know and I will be there."


She took his coat off and gave it back to him.

"I don't want you to freeze."

A voice drew both their attentions.

"Well that's one thing we're agreed about ... "

Matt was stood looking down at them with an indulgent grin.

"You two lovebirds might be willing to sit out here and catch your deaths, but I'm freezing my ass off here ... "

His voice held gruff complaint, but he was smiling, clearly happy to see that for the present DeeDee was happy again.

"Right so ... you want a ride back to your car? "

He asked Drew.

"And I know it's not far, but I think I ought to make sure you get home DeeDee..."

He added looking from one to the other seeing that Drew didn't want to make the decision for the girl. Progress indeed, he thought.

"Why don't you drive Drew and me back to the club and then .... Drew could drive me home ... "

She blushed as she turned to Drew.

"If you don't mind that is .."

She asked shyly.
 
She cared, it felt so good to know that she cared for him.

"I don't want you to be cold though Deanna, thank you for caring."

He smiled at her as he waited to see if she wanted it back. He rubbed his chest now as he looked to her, he than saw Matt walk over and he smiled at him. Now he did not have to worry about getting his ass kicked by this large man. He smiled at Deanna.

"I would love to drive you home Deanna, and it would be my honor."

He held his hand out again to her, seeing if she would take it so he could hold her hand and escort her to the car. He wanted to feel her soft skin on his, even if it was just holding hands...
 
"I would love to drive you home Deanna, and it would be my honor."

Deanna smiled and put her hand into Drew's as they both turned to walk alongside the big man heading back to where he had parked the car. She laughed as Matt related how they had climbed over the fence and as one they chose the longer route to avoid having to do so again. Not that Deanna minded; she was happy enough to walk hand in hand with Drew as they made their way back to the car.

Catching sight of the clock as she eased into the back seat with Drew, Deanna was surprised that it was already gone heading for 2 am!

"Wow .. just as well you're heading back to the club Matt, "

She commented.

"2 am is the start of 'chucking out time'."

Any time from 3 until as late as 5 am was peak time for their clients to head home. Deanna rarely worked that last shift, but she was used to staying out until 2 or even 3 when the situation called for it. Accordingly Matt parked out the back and Drew headed to get his car so that the switch could be made quickly.

"You be careful, ok kiddo.."

Matt directed her as Drew's car pulled into sight.

"He seems ok.. for an asshole .. but don't put up with any shit, ok? And if you need me ... "

She nodded.

"Thanks ... I'll be careful ... and thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on that ... if I do need help ... ok?"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and scooted round his car and slid into the passenger seat beside Drew.

"Just head back towards the park. It's 24 Maple, small kinda apartment block ... "

She instructed him, adding directions as they approached.

"You can drop me over here if you want ... "

She instructed hesitating.

"Or ... if you want to come up ... "

She actually blushed at extending the invite.

"You can park just around the corner..."

She listened to his reply and then clarified.

"It's late, well early ... and we're both frozen ... I thought some coffee ... warm us up a bit ... just give us a bit of .. time to get comfortable with each other ... ?"

She knew for sure Drew wouldn't jump her and that she would be safe with him.
And right now ... she didn't really want to be alone ...

"I could really use the company .. and.. it's not often I admit that ... "

She told him honestly, hoping that this leap of faith would not be a mistake.
 
He was so happy to be beside her. She was actually holding his hand and it felt really good. She had such a gentle grip and he would cherish this time. He didn't want to let go of her hand when they got to his car, he even held her hand as they were in the car together. His eyes never left her, he just could not believe he was this lucky... twice with her. He was so lucky that she forgave him and let him be with her. He breathed a sigh of relief as he looked and they were at the club.

"Wow, that was quick, I guess my mind is only on one thing."

His gaze was on Deanna and he could not take his eyes off her, his hand held hers like if he let go, he would never hold it again.

He got out of the car to go get his and he ran to it. He got in and started it as he pulled around to Matt's car. He ran around to open the door for her and she got it in. Drew ran to get into his car and he looked to her as she told him where to go. She dropped lots of hints.

Drew smiled at her. He was not going to do anything that she did not want to do, he would not push it, he would just go with what she wanted to do. The ball was in her court.

"Deanna, I would love to come up and have some coffee with you, and it would be my honor to keep you company. Anything you like, I can cook you some food if you are hungry."

Drew thought he was a good cook, and he would love to cook for her.
 
"Deanna, I would love to come up and have some coffee with you, and it would be my honor to keep you company. Anything you like, I can cook you some food if you are hungry."

She was surprised at his offer. It seemed there was much to learn about this man when he was outside the club.

"Well, the kitchen's only small, but it suits my needs,"

She told him as she led him through the security door and up two flights of stairs.

"I'm sure it's not what a hot shot Brokerage Vice President is used to, but for me it's home ..."

She told him as she unlocked her door and waved him into the room, flicking on the side lights as he moved past her.

With the drapes drawn, the place was lit with the warm glow. The place was cosy and definitely warm compared to the temperature outside.

"I'll make us some coffee..."

Deanna told him as she shrugged off her jacket and made her way to the compact kitchen.

"Make yourself at home..."

She called as she made herself busy with coffee and water.

"So what kinda place do you have Drew?

She asked as she emerged from the kitchen and dropped down next to him on the sofa.

"Wow.. I sure am bushed... "

She confesses her head brushing slightly against his as they are seated so closely.

"What time are you at work tomorrow.. well .. today?"

She wonders as the scent of coffee begins to fill the place.


5059707_orig.jpg
 
When she let him into her place he looked at it and smiled.

"Wow, this place is great Deanna, so gorgeous."

He looked around and saw the kitchen, so cozy. He could see himself here with Deanna, waking up every morning next to her and making her breakfast in bed. Drew was day dreaming a bit and he shook his head and smiled.

"My place is boring, lonely, and drafty. Nothing compared to this, I love how you did this place up. It is so welcoming."

He saw her walk into the kitchen and he sat down on the sofa. He saw her come out and sit down next to him. Drew looked to her and just could not take his eyes off of her. She was a picture of beauty.

"I can go to work when I like Deanna. So when you are not working at the club, what do you like to do?"

He wanted to learn everything about her.

"Oh and what can I make for you for some food, I can cook just about anything, just depends on what you have to cook."

He smiled at her as he placed his hand on hers.

"That coffee smells wonderful."
 
"Wow, this place is great Deanna, so gorgeous. My place is boring, lonely, and drafty. Nothing compared to this, I love how you did this place up. It is so welcoming."

She flushed with pleasure at the compliment.

"Thanks Drew. It suits me, but .. I thought you might find it a bit .. well ... modest, compared to the person you knew at the club ... "

But there were not there now and Deanna was finding that she found it easier to talk to Drew in this kind of atmosphere.

"I can go to work when I like Deanna. So when you are not working at the club, what do you like to do?"

She considered her answer, her body naturally moving towards his.

"Well ... I've done various other jobs ... and I have to keep up with dance and fitness to do what I do now, but if you mean hobbies ... I guess I spent a lot of time sorting this place out ... and I do kinda like being creative... most things from textiles to art ... though with the hours I've worked I've not been able to do much lately ... "

She stood then turning to head for the coffee pot.

"Oh and what can I make for you for some food, I can cook just about anything, just depends on what you have to cook."

She smiled at his offer.

"I have some basics, but I'm not that well stocked. To be honest, I've not really been doing the regular meal thing lately. I tend to grab stuff on the go ... not good I know ... "

She left for a brief time and came back armed with a tray containing coffee, sugar, cream, two mugs and a jug of coffee.

"That coffee smells wonderful."

She nodded as she set the tray down on the coffee table before the sofa and poured.

"Yup ... I kinda live on the stuff ... doesn't even keep me awake anymore... "

She commented as she turned the tray so he could get to the sugar and cream. She sat back and sipped it black and sugarless.

"You're welcome to help yourself to whatever's in the cupboards and fridge, but I'm not sure I'm even hungry besides.. I had a doughnut earlier.."

She proclaimed proudly and then laughed at how ludicrous that was.
 
Drew stood up as she re entered the room with the coffee and he helped her with it as he let her sit down first. He saw she drank her coffee black and he poured lots of sugar in his.

"I like my sweets."

He smiled as he sat back with her and sipped his coffee.

"It really shows that you can do home decour. You really made this place look great. Makes me think I could hire you to decorate some of my places to make them look a lot better."

He smiled at her as he looked to her.

"You have a real talent. But I see you have a eating problem, if it is one thing, I always try and eat well. Lets see what you have and I can make something for you."

He patted her hand and he stood up as he went into the kitchen to open her fridge, he saw she had eggs, bacon, not a lot of bacon, had some fruit, grapefruit and a few oranges and one bannana. He opened the pantry door and saw she had pancake mix and he smiled.

"You have a lot I can work with, just give me a little bit and I can whip up some eggs, bacon, pancakes and some mixed fruit. How does that sound?"

He smiled at her as she looked at him.
 
She chuckled as he spooned in the sugar sitting back easily on the sofa watching the man beside her assess her apartment approvingly.

"It really shows that you can do home decour. You really made this place look great."


She flushed with pleasure at his compliment. It was her own little haven and to invite a guy in here was actually a massive step for her.

"Makes me think I could hire you to decorate some of my places to make them look a lot better."

She chuckled, but didn't take him seriously. A guy with his money and connections would doubtless hire a company or designer to carry out any such work on his own places.

"You have a real talent. But I see you have a eating problem, if it is one thing, I always try and eat well. Lets see what you have and I can make something for you."

She shrugged not feeling she had a strong enough argument to put a case for not having a 'problem', it was just that eating wasn't usually a priority for her; she just fuelled up whenever and however she could, which she guessed wasn't really that good.

She pulled her feet up onto the couch as he stood and made his way to her kitchen, exploring her fridge as he considered what he could pull together from her rather hotchpotch combination of ingredients.

"You have a lot I can work with, just give me a little bit and I can whip up some eggs, bacon, pancakes and some mixed fruit. How does that sound?"

She was happy to leave him to his own devices.

"Sounds fine, but focus on what you want to eat ... it's a bit late for me ... "

She told him topping up her coffee.

"You're obviously used to taking care of yourself ... I'd have thought a man in your position would have a housekeeper, or cook or someone to take care of the domestic stuff... ?"

She queried curiously as he began to move busily around the kitchen....
 
Drew smiled and sighed as she spoke those words to him. It kind of hurt to hear those words. Drew was a working man, yes he was blessed with money, but he worked his ass off for it. He shook his head as he cooked.

"I know it is late, but you need to eat something good. And if I might say it, but I am one hell of a cook."

He fried the egg and flipped it in the pan.

"I have no one to take care of me actually, I have to do it all alone... it is not like I am the president of the company or anything."

He plated the pancakes and eggs and bacon on the plate and had the fruit in a bowl. He served it on the table and he looked to her.

"Here you go Deanna, one breakfast of champions. Oh and we can have the yummy coffee you made with the breakfast."

He smiled at her.

"Eat up. I hope you like it."
 
"I know it is late, but you need to eat something good. And if I might say it, but I am one hell of a cook."

Despite her weariness, she rose from the sofa sipping her coffee as she watched him move about the kitchen. His actions were so deft and assured that she realised that his claim was not lightly made.

"I have no one to take care of me actually, I have to do it all alone... it is not like I am the president of the company or anything."


She mulled on those words as he plated up. He had no staff to look after him and obviously there was no girl in his life or else he wouldn't spend so long at the club and definitely he wouldn't be here!

"Here you go Deanna, one breakfast of champions. Oh and we can have the yummy coffee you made with the breakfast."

Her eyes widened at the amount of food he had prepared.

"Eat up. I hope you like it."

She laughed.

"It's an ... incredible spread ... but I think you may have to eat most of it ... "

Despite her words and though she began to eat slowly at first, she found that good food seemed to stimulate her appetite.

"This is good ... really good ... "

She commented as she paused to sip her coffee, eyeing Drew speculatively.

"I just can't work out why a guy like you hasn't been snapped up ages ago.
Are the girls you work with or who live around you blind or something?"


She had made an admirable attempt at clearing her plate and finished what she could as he responded.

"That was amazing ... but I'm stuffed. I can't remember when I last ate so much... "

She declared as she sat back with a sigh.

"If you cooked for me on a regular basis, I'd break that pole ... "

She chuckled topping up both her coffee cup and his ....
 
Drew watched her eat, knowing she would love his cooking. He knew he was a good cook, he had some amazing teachers and he even won a cooking contest, it was something he was blessed with. A good pallet and a good sense of when food was done. He just smiled at her, she was so cute when she ate.

"I would cook for you anytime Deanna. I want you to eat well, in fact, I am going to go grocery shopping and stock your kitchen with good food, and I will become your personal chef, how does that sound?"

He took a few bites from his food. He saw how she was stuffed and she just about finished, he finished the last few bites of his food and smiled. He saw the fruit and took a few of the slices of banana and ate them.

"I believe you are the only one that knows that I am alive. Well after tonight, I hope I am still alive in your eyes... I am not even worthy of women's eyes."

He stood and cleaned both of there plates and walked into the kitchen, he turned the water on and started to wash the dishes. He wondered what she was going to say.
 
Back
Top