I have no interest in male authors. Am I alone?

In my BDSM fiction writing and real life I consider the female the star and the man the supporting figure, even though I'm orientated male dominant.

So when writing in the first person it seemed natural to write from the female perspective and hence to take on a feminine pen name, initially I did so as an experiment. It was never questioned by readers and I received many nice emails from men, which I handled as graciously as my female persona could.

Sort of in defence of the OP, I learned that male readers enjoyed these more than female readers, so maybe this is the best combination: Men getting their idealised woman's voice... in my case because I created her.

If indeed the OP is confusing females authors with first-person female narratives, then I'd guess he's read and enjoyed a lot of writing by men.

I like male authors sometimes but I notice they don't write females as well as women write men. When I read one that is sensitive to women I appreciate it a lot.

I like male authors sometimes but I notice they don't write females as well as women write men. When I read one that is sensitive to women I appreciate it a lot.

That would be writing men from the perspective of a woman on how men are? ;)

Can you see how circular that claim can get?

I disagree. Maybe you wanted to put it a bit differently.

I like the way women authors portray their male characters, which is better than some male authors.

Or maybe I'm rambling....

I would have thought that the oft-given observation that we don't really know who is a male author as opposed to a female author on Lit. would have stopped these silly sweeping generalities. Guess not.

Wow! This thread was my very first post and amazed at the response it's had. Many would say I should have stuck with just the one judging by how many I've pissed off on the GB...

THe GB is populated by the retarded children of inbred parents whose family tree looks like a vine. I stopped even looking at it years ago.

KR Cummings was a guy? LOL. I hated him/her for ages, even had him on iggy because he was such a prick. Figures he was a phony. There was nothing feminine that came across in his energy.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Never even realized he was trying to pass as a female. Always thought he was a male. Had him on iggy since the first time he started harrassing me because he didn't like my Avatar.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Never even realized he was trying to pass as a female. Always thought he was a male. Had him on iggy since the first time he started harrassing me because he didn't like my Avatar.

KR...hopefully is awaiting trial for posting nude pics of his wife all over this site for years without her permission.

What a piece of trash, making friends with a poster as a woman, then "introducing" that women to "him" who was a friend, then meeting her and having sex with her.

Not only lying to her but tricking her into having sex with a married man.

I have to say he takes the cake as biggest lit D-bag and easily.

But the funny part-only funny part-is when myself and a few others would say he was a man(like you couldn't tell) and we would get "No, its a girl look at the pics!"

Then when he was outed it was...."Oh, yeah we knew that!"

Cream of the crop over there.

I disagree. Maybe you wanted to put it a bit differently.

I like the way women authors portray their male characters, which is better than some male authors.

That's not what she said. She said that women are better at writing men than men are at writing women.

That's not what she said. She said that women are better at writing men than men are at writing women.

You're right in your translation of her post.

But I still think all of this depends on....the man and woman. Some can pull off opposite gender, some can't.

KR...hopefully is awaiting trial for posting nude pics of his wife all over this site for years without her permission.

What a piece of trash, making friends with a poster as a woman, then "introducing" that women to "him" who was a friend, then meeting her and having sex with her.

Not only lying to her but tricking her into having sex with a married man.

I have to say he takes the cake as biggest lit D-bag and easily.

But the funny part-only funny part-is when myself and a few others would say he was a man(like you couldn't tell) and we would get "No, its a girl look at the pics!"

Then when he was outed it was...."Oh, yeah we knew that!"

Cream of the crop over there.

I know in some states getting someone to have sex with you under false pretenses is a crime. Glad that loser is gone.

I know in some states getting someone to have sex with you under false pretenses is a crime. Glad that loser is gone.

To show you where the sites mentality is Laurel credited him with being an awesome troll and gave him a :rose:

That's what's considered a good member of the boards here.

To show you where the sites mentality is Laurel credited him with being an awesome troll and gave him a :rose:

That's what's considered a good member of the boards here.

Tell me about it. I have had numerous posts (over 40) deleted within the last two days with no explanation or response to PMs I sent to both Laurel and the forum mod. Every time I post in that thread asking why the post gets deleted... All because one user was being a troll and 8 of us called her on it with out using a single cuss or denigrating her character. Apparently that user who shall remain nameless, is friends with a mod in that forum, so she got the mod to remove all the posts in that thread.

Wonder if I will ever get told why.

But balantant racism, sexism, and hurling vile insults is okay. Bt posting PM sent in a thread has to be deleted. Go figure.

The overreaching mod of the Story Ideas forum just erased even LC's substantive post just now to that thread. She apparently will erase just about anything. :rolleyes:

The overreaching mod of the Story Ideas forum just erased even LC's substantive post just now to that thread. She apparently will erase just about anything. :rolleyes:

I knew I should have copied that thread...

Not surprised in the least.

Mod of all CHYOO areas did nothing to earn the spot, & everything to lose it... Yet keeps it here & on "new Forums".

Just checked, you're right....

How odd with all the flame wars I've been in, especially in the GB, that this would be the post of mine that gets deleted....

Maybe the mod knows the op....

Still wouldn't explain why on target posts are being erased.

Meanwhile I had to send "shaming" e-mails to a mod to get one erased from two nights ago that talked about paying a bunch of black men to "rape, beat and torture" the women in his family, then added "and when those "niggers" were done, the main character was going to rape and torture them.

That took two "Are you kidding me?" e-mails to have that removed when it not only violated their rules, but through in a racial slur on top of it.

My theory.....

Story ideas is a smallish forum that has the same handful of posters most of the time.

Perhaps new regulars are not welcome.

Back