The New Young Justice (OOC)

Uh, no dude. Marian, you should write in third person like the rest of us, lol. First person doesn't work very well in a group thread.
 
Okay I can fix that. I don't think I can post a picture though since I made him up, but I'll do my best.
 
Name: Chris Carial
Alias: Kit.
age:19
Species: unknown. Presumed human, but with fox traits
Birthday: He celebrates June 3 as his birthday.
Powers and Abilities: His powers include a limited control over fire, a possible power to transform, and a form of necromancy.
Most abilities are mere speculation, but he appears to be able to use any and all knives or swores. He agility is higher and his physical strength appears to be heightened.
Appearance: He stands at just over six foot. His hair is black and his eyes are white. He is thin and gives of an almost dead look minus his upper chest which is nicely muscled. Though once hidden inside his costume he resembles a form of Grimm Reader.
 
Last edited:
I did a bit of a duct tape change and patched it up. Hope that works and as far as a picture goes. I can't find a suitable one sorry.
 
The only thing I'm worried about is that he could be played a bit too OP, but I'll wait and see how you play him. Also, I did notice quite a few grammar errors in your bio, so I must ask that you take the extra care to craft your IC posts so they read crisp and clear to everyone :).
 
Grammatical errors? I'll be fixing that. I didn't notice any, but I'll go over it again.
As far as powers go. Yes he could get OP'ed, but I almost never use all of his powers and instead use his agility and strength. The idea behind him is he doesn't like to use fire as a power so he uses it only as flight assist.
 
I don't think you'd want it Jeff, but I'm very interested in the idea of playing a Kryptonian who just arrived on Earth. It took Superman a decade before his powers began to manifest. One reason for this is because he didn't know he was a Kryptonian so he didn't know how to access his powers, the other reason is that it takes time to store up the solar energy needed to have powers at Superman or Superboy's level.

This character would know what abilities he should have under a yellow sun, but he wouldn't have the power levels of Superman or Superboy. He would have access to all of the same powers as Superman, but on a seriously reduced level. He would have peak level human strength and speed. Anything more powerful than a .45 round would pierce his force field. He would have regen or a healing factor or whatever you want to call it, but it would take hours or days to heal, not seconds. His heat vision could catch wood or coals on fire, boil water, maybe cap out around 150-200 degrees. His cold breath would be about the same, able to freeze a cup of water or so. He can see twice as far as a normal person and see small stuff that's twice as small as a human can see. He would have x-ray vision. He could fly but no faster than he could run.

The idea for the character comes from rewatching Smallville. Clark takes decades to develop his powers while Zod and other Kryptonians have them as soon as they arrive on Earth. That always bothered me.

I don't know if you're planning a five year jump, but if you are I could graduate Power Knight to the League and bring in the Superkid at that time.

For storylines, we can have the team find him when he arrives on Earth. Superboy could have particular internal conflict because of his arrival. Also, if we get a Supergirl he would not hit on her, per se, as much as repeatedly ask her to marry him solely to continue the Kryptonian bloodline, as they are the only two surviving Kryptonians who aren't blood relations.

I don't know what you have planned for us. If this completely goes against what you have planned then that's fine, I don't want to ruin your plans.

Think about it. Let me know.

---------------

Marian, if you want fire control for flight, simply drop the fire control and give him flight. Maybe give his powers a magical base, some kind of Fox version of a vampire/werewolf. A werefox.

Just a suggestion.
 
I drank too much tonight to get out a cogent post. I should have something up tomorrow
 
I have some vague outlines for where the story could go, but I leave it open and change it based on what happens and what everyone posts. We will probably do a time jump at the end of 2013, maybe three years to early 2017.

That being said, I don't think we need another Kryptonian as someone may play Supergirl at some point. As for Zod, he got powers right away because he was fully grown. It took Clark longer because he was just a child and his cells had to mature.
 
First off, that's fine. I still like the idea of a low powered Kryptonian, I'll just explore it somewhere else. I pretty much modified the idea from the 4 superman stroyline in the 90's, when Clark finally comes back he's completely out of sunpower.

Second, starting power level depends on the continuity. I've been doing some research and this breaks continuity so often that it could be turned into an internet meme. Heroes have to gain their powers, villains get them for free. Every evil Kryptonian that comes to Earth starts at full power, but the heroes all need to charge up under the yellow sun. Supergirl is sometimes an exception to this.

It could be related to the 'speed of plot' phenomenom - we need the villain to be powerful now - but it's inconsistent across a number of continuities. Odd.
 
Got my reply off. I took a few liberties with certain NPCs, but I tried to keep them in character. If I did something wrong let me know and I can rewrite
 
For clarification, is Megan's appearance the same as how she usually looks but without the Martian green skin tone?

I'll see what I can do about a post later this afternoon, but Mon and Tues are usually my come-and-read days. Prolly more like Wed before I get something together.
 
For clarification, is Megan's appearance the same as how she usually looks but without the Martian green skin tone?

I'll see what I can do about a post later this afternoon, but Mon and Tues are usually my come-and-read days. Prolly more like Wed before I get something together.

Yes that is the case Remec, that's my fault for not making that clear, I will amend it XD. But yeah, she just looks like Megan Morse now, pretty much as you described :)
 
I posted, I got noticed. There seems to be validity to her ascertion.

Why is it so much easier to post in this thread than in my sex threads? I've got all sorts of stories I want to tell here but in my sex threads I'm blocked. Usually its the other way around. Oh well. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Actually, Tight, do you mind if Power Knight comes over to say hello to M'gann?

----------------

For anyone who hasn't seen the show, like I hadn't, you can see the whole series off this link:

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/young-justice/

I'm surprised they stopped it after two seasons. This was easily the best superhero cartoon I've seen in the last decade. Mighty Avengers was excellent, but this was better. Oh well.
 
Been awhile since I've done a group thread. I don't want to step on any toes.
 
I'm gonna try and post again in a few hours when I get home from work. I should have it up no later than noon or 1pm (eastern time -- good old Florida weather, lol).
 
I'm going to let some other people get in response before I post again, just to make sure I don't take over the thread ;)
 
Back
Top