The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I used to play Kim's Game sometimes with my Cubs. They loved it...

It's bright but very chilly, and in just over an hour I have to take son's #1 & 2 to their respective rugby matches. And I think I've just broken my flask. Boo.

Morning, HP, Naoko. Rolf, I'll take a double espresso, please...

Try a small bottle of Brandy; keeps out the cold, ya know.

Yeah, I used to play Kim's Game sometimes with my Cubs. They loved it...

It's bright but very chilly, and in just over an hour I have to take son's #1 & 2 to their respective rugby matches. And I think I've just broken my flask. Boo.

Morning, HP, Naoko. Rolf, I'll take a double espresso, please...

Morning, Steve. Chocoloate croissant for you? I hope your flu-iness is better. Don't go out in the cold and get poorly again.
:rose:

Morning, Steve. Chocoloate croissant for you? I hope your flu-iness is better. Don't go out in the cold and get poorly again.
:rose:

Thanks, kiddo.'Twasn't the flu, so much as a bad case of the trots (more information than you needed, I know... :rolleyes:), so I should be fine. I feel much better after yesterday, when I spent the day in my PJs and took it as easy as is possible in a house full of feral boys.

Thanks, kiddo.'Twasn't the flu, so much as a bad case of the trots (more information than you needed, I know... :rolleyes:), so I should be fine. I feel much better after yesterday, when I spent the day in my PJs and took it as easy as is possible in a house full of feral boys.

A PJ day is always good for the soul. :)
Glad you're better! Enjoy the rugby.

Ah, thanks for turning on the Keurig, Naoko. Just got back from a night at the bar with my brother and friends.

Ah, thanks for turning on the Keurig, Naoko. Just got back from a night at the bar with my brother and friends.

Hear now the wise words of Plautus:
He who drink alcohol to excess had better drink water in good quantity, not coffee.
Here endeth the lesson.

Some Yankee left a door open up north. It's friggin 45 this morning and only supposed to reach 62. WTF?

Hear now the wise words of Plautus:
He who drink alcohol to excess had better drink water in good quantity, not coffee.
Here endeth the lesson.
But the coffee tastes so much better. Just to add my two cents, go ahead and have your coffee, john, but then get the water in. I cut my water with fruit juice.

Some Yankee left a door open up north. It's friggin 45 this morning and only supposed to reach 62. WTF?
It hit you, too? I'm sorry, that cold wave was only supposed to get to DFW!

Ohmygoodness...

That's quite possibly the worst conditions I've ever seen my boys play in. Sub-zero temp and a wind that nearly blew me over a coupla times (and that takes quite a bit of doing, believe me...). I felt so sorry for them.

And #1 son got kicked in the face (he's already broken his nose twice. He's 14... :rolleyes:), so I got a chance to pop in and see my very good friends at the local minor injuries unit. It must be, oh, nearly 4 months since I last had to call in.

I am bone cold. We got any hot chocolate...? <shiver>

Hot chocolate? I've got the best hot chocolate in the world! It's based on the ancient Mayan recipe, so it has a bit of a bite to it. *slowly preparing cocoa* Sorry to hear about your son getting kicked in the face. Is he the one due for braces? That'll be... not a lot of fun.

Before I forget, john, those pictures are gorgeous!

Hot chocolate? I've got the best hot chocolate in the world! It's based on the ancient Mayan recipe, so it has a bit of a bite to it. *slowly preparing cocoa* Sorry to hear about your son getting kicked in the face. Is he the one due for braces? That'll be... not a lot of fun.

Before I forget, john, those pictures are gorgeous!

Mmm, thanks, anna.

Course, I forgot there's a hot tub! I know I knocked it into the bathroom, but I can shout through the hole...

<splash>

<distant voice> Would you mind bringing the hot choc in here when it's done? You can hop in and keep me company, while I drink it if you like... ;)

I'm a little surprised you'd forgotten about the hot tub, steve. *sliding in with you* Here you are, one wonderful hot chocolate. Cheers.

I'm a little surprised you'd forgotten about the hot tub, steve. *sliding in with you* Here you are, one wonderful hot chocolate. Cheers.

I find selective amnesia is one of the most important survival strategies in my armoury, anna... ;)

Great hot choc, btw. That plus the.. umm... view has thoroughly warmed me up... :D

Nice floaties. :cool:

Oh wait, those aren't, uh, floaties. :eek:

<snerk>

Thanks for the approval on the coffee, anna. I'll be sure to listen to both you and the wise dragon. I got a couple of those MiO "water enhancers" and they are not too bad.

Glad you all like the pictures. I am really noticing a difference with this new filter for the camera. This is what I got. http://www.amazon.com/Promaster-52mm-Circular-Polarizing-Filter/dp/B0026976U0

Sorry to hear about your kid, Steve. Hope he' ok.

Last edited:
Hellacious snow storm out there--should be great for all the seeds I put out.

That's sarcasm, right? Sorry, the hot tub is interfering with my empathy...

We haven't been introduced, Molly. Hi. I'm Steve. The man who accidentally knocked your hot tub through the wall.

Ahem. I'll get my coat...

That's sarcasm, right? Sorry, the hot tub is interfering with my empathy...

We haven't been introduced, Molly. Hi. I'm Steve. The man who accidentally knocked your hot tub through the wall.

Ahem. I'll get my coat...

You musty be one big man to put that thing through the wall.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I planted the pea beds just in time for the snow. Sweet sugarsnap peas love melting snow. Makes 'em grow up big and strong.

Oh, and welcome to the party.

You musty be one big man to put that thing through the wall.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I planted the pea beds just in time for the snow. Sweet sugarsnap peas love melting snow. Makes 'em grow up big and strong.

Oh, and welcome to the party.

Why thank you... :)

I'm... hefty. Goes with clumsy. And several other -y adjectives, I'm sure.

None of those adjectives is "horticulturally capable-y" - forgive my ignorance, but inadvertantly killing plants is as close to gardening as I get... :rolleyes:

Nice floaties. :cool:

Oh wait, those aren't, uh, floaties. :eek:
Erm, who's "floaties" are you talking about, Tex? His, or mine? I've always been fond of mine. ;)

I find selective amnesia is one of the most important survival strategies in my armoury, anna... ;)

Great hot choc, btw. That plus the.. umm... view has thoroughly warmed me up... :D

<snerk>
I'm working on the selective amnesia. I have too many of the not-fun type of buttons to be pushed.

Glad you like the hot chocolate, and the view.

Thanks for the approval on the coffee, anna. I'll be sure to listen to both you and the wise dragon. I got a couple of those MiO "water enhancers" and they are not too bad.

Glad you all like the pictures. I am really noticing a difference with this new filter for the camera. This is what I got. http://www.amazon.com/Promaster-52mm-Circular-Polarizing-Filter/dp/B0026976U0

Sorry to hear about your kid, Steve. Hope he' ok.
I'm not sure I trust those MiO things. What's in them?

Hellacious snow storm out there--should be great for all the seeds I put out.
Speaking of hellacious snow storms, yesterday I was watching the French news (from France, not my geographical neighbors) and the snows that hit parts of England on Friday were featured. I admit to watching very carefully, but they didn't identify any of the towns they talked to people in.

Here's hoping the new seeds survive, Molly!

Why thank you... :)

I'm... hefty. Goes with clumsy. And several other -y adjectives, I'm sure.

None of those adjectives is "horticulturally capable-y" - forgive my ignorance, but inadvertantly killing plants is as close to gardening as I get... :rolleyes:

I grow as much food as possible. The fresh stuff is better for us and Grocery stores cost too much. The gardening season is almost upon us. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that first ear of fresh corn or a succulent, ripe tomato. Yum.

Speaking of hellacious snow storms, yesterday I was watching the French news (from France, not my geographical neighbors) and the snows that hit parts of England on Friday were featured. I admit to watching very carefully, but they didn't identify any of the towns they talked to people in.

Oh, we'll survive--as long as the neighbors stay in their homes. Right now, the way out of the subdivision is blocked by someone who tried to leave, pulled back from their driveway and got stuck. Both lanes of the street are blocked. :rolleyes:

How nice to know that French TV takes some interest in the UK.
Round South Wales it's been raining. and for an encore, it rained again; and again.

In the West Midlands - SNOW. Quite a bit of it. And it comes down gentle but persistent. And it';s bloody cold.

It's not so much the depth of the snow, per se, but the fact that it's so bloody inconvenient. I mean, we've had railways of a century or two, but the train still hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. THen there's airplanes, but that may be 'understandable'

As to the average driver, it's just yet another challenge, although we've not had the sheer stupidity of road grit/salt shortages like we had a year or two back.

From a snow-infested landscape, I bid you all
Good Evening.

Ps. Molly is just your food seeds you're planting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back