Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team won the Wine and Wisdom again.

Sorry if we embarrassed the question setter but you can't ask questions when you don't really know the answers e.g.

The Prado, the Uffizi and the Musee D'Orsay are not all in one city, and

If you ask "Which country has a name starting with 'A' but not ending in an 'A'?" you should realize that there is more than one possible answer.

We tried hard to restrict our lead when it was becoming embarrassingly large but we forgot to allow for the incompetence of the other teams.

However the object of the evening was achieved - we all raised a significant amount of money for the club.

Og

PS. By the next Wine and Wisdom I'll have my new hearing aids. We might get to be even better when I can hear all the questions.

PPS. Countries beginning 'A' but not ending in 'A'? -

The quizmaster expected the answer Afghanistan but also possible are Aden, Abu Dhabi and Azerbaijhan. There are more if you use the name of the countries in one of their official languages e.g. Algerie and even more if you use other languages e.g. Angleterre, Allemagne...
 
What little there actually was this morning was long gone by about 11:00. I can't remember how long it's been since snow was on the ground for an entire day. I'm glad though - when snow actually manages to have any accumulation here, every damn thing shuts down, and I mean everything. We don't have any way to deal with snow or ice on the roads because it's such a rarity, so if they're predicting an inch of accumulation, the stores all sell out of bread and milk (fuck that...I want coffee, toilet paper and cigarettes ;) ), and there won't be a business open anywhere until the snow's gone. Good thing, too...people here don't know how to drive in it.

People here don't know how to drive in it either, and they see it every year.

"Oh, what's that stuff? That looks new. I wonder how much faster I am supposed to drive than normal?" *crash*
 
I need to join a gym and get some running in while I am away from the kung fu school.
 
CBS is projecting an Arizona/Nebraska matchup in the Holiday Bowl. Which is the matchup we got last time we went to the Holiday Bowl eleven years ago. We beat Nebraska 23-20 in that game...I wonder how long Cornhuskers' memories are. :eek:
 
CBS is projecting an Arizona/Nebraska matchup in the Holiday Bowl. Which is the matchup we got last time we went to the Holiday Bowl eleven years ago. We beat Nebraska 23-20 in that game...I wonder how long Cornhuskers' memories are. :eek:

Very long. They are serious about their football.
 
Alabama took the SEC championship, and kicked the Gators' asses in the process. :D

I'm an Auburn or Tennessee fan really, but damn that was good to see.
 
They likely to be out for blood if they meet us there again? Or is eleven years too long to need that kind of revenge?

I've heard that season tickets get passed down through wills. Had a friend with a national championship ring from 1970. Got him in a lot of places, flashing that red stone ring.
 
Don't look at me, I was editing.

Now if a hand slaps you on the ass, that was probably me. :D ;)

No, it was definately the part facing the screen. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part. I'll wait and see if it happens, again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top