New Poetry Recommendations

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

21 New Poems today!

The new poems include 10 by Savannah Skye and 7 by RebRouser.
Several of Savannah Skye's poems are well worth the read. They have a lyric quality to them. When I read them, they're inaudibly sung by Sheryl Crow, but maybe that's just me. Morphine Lips, Driftwood, and Alice were my favorite by this lyrical poet.

RebRouser's poems offer glimpses of love and longing. Just a Taste and Feelings Betrayed were my favorites.

I also liked Moment by DrkRaven0905.


There are two illustrated poems among today's new poems.
SunrockSin's Pain is a must read! It's just one of those poems that after you read it, you want to thank the poet for the privilege.

:rose:
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.


Three little gems stand out among today's 21 New Poems.


From a poet who's anything but merely normal {as in average}, normal jean takes us fishing in 1 Fish. It's a simple and light experience she imparts about the one that didn't get away. If you're going to stay indoors today, then this is the way to experience the outdoors. Hey, it must be good for me to recommend this as I have absolutely none of the patience needed to go fishing.


sophia jane has a rather nice erotic piece in Summer Skin. What clinched the deal on this one for me was the unexpected phrase, some kind of sexual saint, when the way he's acting in the poem preceding this line is certainly not saintly.


LadynStFreknBed wraps up my day's picks with Dance of the Muse. It's a light piece with a touch of humor to it. Who hasn't battled all day to get the right words to paper and, failing that, goes to bed, only to have that damned muse hit as your head makes contact with the pillow? Give it a read and see if it doesn't hit the mark as the real world intrudes on the creative mind of the poet.


That's it for today; these are the three ladies who yanked my chain and said, Read Me! I couldn't resist. There are others out there that may appeal to your tastes. Take a few minutes and run through the rest, let the poets hear what you think. Go on, you know you want to read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry. Help these fellow poets hone their craft.

Now I think I'll have a mid-afternoon snack — that molasses cookie looks really good about now.

.
.
 
Thursday

There were only three new poems for Thursday.
Make sure not to miss:
Redacted - bluebell7
and
Fallow Field - Victoria_Lucas

Edit: I didn't have much time yesterday when I did the review. Today I reread both poems and I really want to encourage you guys to check them out. Some really good stuff. :)
 
Last edited:
There are 19 new poems this Friday the 20th of June. It's sunny and very green here, we've had a lot of rain.

DeniseNoe is a new name posting to Literotica. I've read a few of her poems and enjoy the quirky and humerous view of her subject matter which she expresses in a modern voice. She shares a few poems today and I enjoyed reading them all.

lindiana brings us a poem, In Darkness that has a lot of good qualities. She grabs some images and twists them into a unique glimpse at a day in the life...

It didn't take long to read through the offerings given to us this morning. Spend some time with today's new poems and make it a quality day. Have a good weekend everyone.
 
A new poet deceptive_appearance, has one poem up. marrow and bone.

It is worth a read, especially from a new poet. According to his profile, he is looking for feedback and this is just my opinion, but it's pretty good for a first-timer. I hope he sticks around and writes more.

Read, vote, comment of it suits ya, a newbie that shows some talent and interest is always a good thing.

:)

NJ
 
June 23, 2008

I have a feeling Evie is on vacation, so go check out some new poems anyway. Don't miss The Song of Ruth and Naomi, a joyful lesbian take on the biblical tale (and don't let Normal Jean be the only one to comment!). Also check out Phallic Poems, which are well-written, intelligent and really erotic.

If anyone wants to add to the reviews here, please do. :)

:rose:
 
I have a feeling Evie is on vacation, so go check out some new poems anyway. Don't miss The Song of Ruth and Naomi, a joyful lesbian take on the biblical tale (and don't let Normal Jean be the only one to comment!). Also check out Phallic Poems, which are well-written, intelligent and really erotic.

If anyone wants to add to the reviews here, please do. :)

:rose:
I was away again this weekend and got back later than I thought I would. Thanks for covering. :)
 
June 24, 2008

There are 24 new poems up today, 11 of which are audio poems. And darnit, the one audio poem I most wanted to hear, Dragoon by SunrockSin, appears to not have the audio option available. Still, it is well worth your read time, a poem about morphine dependence that has the tonal quality of a scream and the overall feeling of a wreck you can't look away from. It's sort of hard to read, but very, very good.

There are some gems among the other, non-audio poems as well.

statics by ElmerGlew is most interesting, a poem that is not really about its apparent subject, but a metaphor for...well...read it and you'll see what I mean.

Two poems from FlippantDavid, Freudian Blip and for maestro L, demonstrate this poet's skill. One is more erotic than the other, imo, but both are well written.

I always enjoy reading Tokuquin's poems, even though English clearly is not his first language. Pictures of Dorianne Laux has errors and awkward spots, and it's really not one of his best efforts, but the poetry still communicates.

Tzara is getting in touch with his inner midlife crisis, I think, in an offhand sort of way in Offhand, a Red Car. Read it. He never disappoints.

My favorite today is China Doll by the delightful Annie, aka, UnderYourSpell. It is delicately written, laden with strong imagery and implies much, much more than it actually says.

Phew. Check you next week, poets. Feel free to add your reviews here if you so choose. And please read, vote and/or comment. Don't let these wonderful poems languish.

:rose:
 
Tzara is getting in touch with his inner midlife crisis, I think, in an offhand sort of way in Offhand, a Red Car. Read it. He never disappoints.
This was the poem of the day. It seemed to be more of an erotic than midlife crisis kind of poem. Maybe both. Either way, Tzara is the man... or the poet! ;)

If you missed the poem, go read it now.
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.


I got a break today. Looks like only three New Poems up today; perhaps more later? We'll see. So, here's my quickie take on all three:

okay
good — should be listed as erotic
HOT!

So, here's my take on those last two.


ElmerGlew has a poem classed as non-erotic that ought to be in the erotic category, if only because straightaway involves sex. Unfortunately, considering the competition he's facing today, the sex just doesn't seem very erotic, though far better than many erotic offerings I've seen here.


SunrockSin gives us in Translucence a poem that can only be described as HOT! HOT! HOT!. This is a must read. Read it without distractions and don't forget to breathe.


That's it for today {so far}. Read 'em all ~ you know you want to. Go on, do it. Go and read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

.
.
 
There are 24 new poems and I'm stuck with very little time on line today until this evening. So, if you read something in the new poems that you like, please share the review on this thread so that everyone else can experience the poetry.
 
There are 24 new poems and I'm stuck with very little time on line today until this evening. So, if you read something in the new poems that you like, please share the review on this thread so that everyone else can experience the poetry.

I like Tzara's Apoligia Pro Vita Sua. It's not often that Cardinal Newman and "cunt" show up in the same poem. He's a strange man, that Tzara: I like the way he thinks.

Flippant David's that half-assed analogy is very funny and ironic. It's a don't miss poem, imo.

hmmnmm's Cry is well-written and a poem that (I think) is meant to be read aloud. It has a sort of rhythmic completeness that you really get when you actually say the words.

There's a whole slew of poems by DeniseNoe. The one I like best is Best Kind, which has some great phrasing and overall is a moving piece of writing, I thought.

There ya go, Champie. :kiss:
 
Saturday

I think I'm covering this day, too. Right? I forget. :D

Anyway, new poems!

Love/ Precipitation/ Noun by Tzara is a good piece of erotica. Sure, he doesn't write about body parts slapping against each other like hot, soupy waves against the hungry tongue of the shore. His erotic poetry isn't that... um... original. But it's damn excellent.
Yet would I hit on you like a hailstorm
of furious ice
pounding roof and grass and ground


distant branch (haiku) by SunrockSin
It's a haiku. Read it. What else can I say? It's quite a nice haiku.

My Monstrous Modern Soul by seannelson rambles on but in a good way.

That's it for now. See you guys for Monday reviews.
 
A whole bunch of good ones this sunday.

Starting with Tzara's Leonard, Ill at 4AM. No bells and whistles here, but the poerty is in the ideas, not in the elocution.

The First Circumnavigation Of The Globe by woz8822 is not really what I'd call a poem. That doesn't mean it's not worth reading. Take it for what it is, a flash fiction vignette, and it's totally fucking hot.

SunrockSin brings another haiku, that in the light of recent discussion on the subject matter, actiually is pretty damn haiku. Which is rare. Go read shadow wings.

hmmnmm launches a trio of very different poems. From the sly wit of Kmart, to the carefully carved logophile fest of nu meeze, and finally the disarming insanity of sap au cretin, he never ceases to surprise.

And finally, Triumph Over Rejection by LadynStFreknBed, a well crafted old school poem in a form that has so many built in pitfalls that just writing one correctly impresses the hell out of me. And this is not only correct (I think?), but actually also good.
 
Monday

Seven new poems for Monday.

I'm quite excited by Tzara's Sleeping with Zombies title for his newest erotic poem. I've seriously always wanted my very own pet zombie... or a boyfriend who will do whatever I want him to do -- including going to bath and body works and letting me spritz him with scents and not once complain that I sniff too many candles!!!

Anyway, Sleeping with Zombies is beyond excellent. One of the best erotic poems I've read. It's smart poetry that reads wonderfully!



~
 
There are 11 new poems today.

Two by SunrockSin, Dragoon and Beyond Sutures have been around before, but not in their current (working!) audio version. They're both well written and very personal, both very deserving of your reading and feedback.

There's a lot to like in hmmnmm's pmp:pB2, (a weird title I don't get). Read it aloud and you'll hear all the wonderfully tongue-tripping embedded rhyme and assonance and neatly constructed alliteration, but read it carefully because there are images--especially the last one--that you won't want to miss.

masked_author is new: A Tremble is his first submission. I'd normally skip by a poem like this (the standard erotic journey type poem) because I've probably read hundreds of them here, and it takes a really good one to get my attention anymore. This poem though is written with a wonderful economy; there's barely a wasted word anywhere. And even though there's nothing that made me gasp "WOW," a poem so well crafted deserves some props. :)

I dunno who Quinn Martin is. I'm guessing he's a television producer--maybe invented for the purposes of this poem, FlippantDavid's a Quinn Martin Production. It's an hommage to tv folks(probably a flippant one) that links familiar titles together in an appropriately breathless voice.

DeniseNoe's Mildred's Last Chance continues the mixed media theme with its take on the films made of Somerset Maugham's Of Human Bondage. It's helps if you know the story, but it's well done with characterization that I thought was particularly good.

Finally, I strongly recommend you read JaneAusten's prose poem [url=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=372373]Cancer Treatment-Part Two. It's a very calm narration with an objective voice and detailed imagery that results in an incredibly moving poem. My favorite today and a must read.

Please read, vote where applicable and, most important, give feedback. It'll only take a few minutes and the poets really appreciate it.

:rose:
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.


A short work week this, for on Friday we celebrate our freedom that we won from that monstrous & cruel tyrant, Georgie #3. I'm a bit into the spirit as I'm currently reading two histories of the revolution written shortly after the Revolutionary War (one in 1789 & the other in 1805) by two participants in the independence movement. Sure sounds different from the sanitized history we seem to hear of today.

Anyway, on to today's review. There are but eight New Poems to consider today, four of which caught my eye.


lindiana gives us a questioning poem in Living on the Edge. It is one of those poems that paradoxically I like and dislike. Right off, what I don't like is the interrogative nature of the poem. Each of the five strophes poses a question. I found that when I change it to a declarative form when I read it, it's much more appealing. But hey, that's just me. Give it a try — read it the way it's written and then try changing it to a declarative format in your mind. It might give you some ideas of your own. And that's why I like it — it gets me thinking about not just what's being said here but also how it's being said.


DeniseNoe is still new here at Lit and I'll admit I haven't really read much of her work. Actually, I've been so busy of late that I've read very little poetry this past week. She has three poems up today and two of them caught my eye. Try either She had a name but I don't know it or Like That & Like That. They both have a clipped style that gives a hard edged feeling to her writing and makes the things she writes about seem more real, especially with the choice of subject matter in these two poems.


Finally, my pick of the day is sassynyc's, Stripped. It's the sort of anatomy lesson you'd not expect on a site focused on eroticism. Plenty of metaphors to sink your teeth in. Enjoy.


That's it for today. Don't forget my regular enjoinder to read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

And have a safe and happy 4th!

.
.
 
Wednesday's Review - Reprise

.
.


Well, here we are again. Lit's gone and done another late add-on to today's New Poems with four illustrated poems.


SunrockSin has a poem made all the more poignant by the photo of a statue of a cherub. Check out Respite and keep one eye on the photo while reading the poem and see how more effective it helps make the poem.


LadynStFreknBed has a pair of illustrated poems up today, though one is experiencing some technical difficulties. But as for the one that did make it through unscathed, Death of a Rose is indeed a very fine haiku. This is a real accomplishment. Writing a haiku is such a damn challenge. Doing one as an illustrated poem is even more daunting. The illustration here is subdued, does not overwhelm or contradict the poem, and, in fact, supports the words. There is real power here, belied by the form's simplicity. This one is also a must read for today.

Now I hope that this is it for today...

.
.
 
Thursday

New poems
There are only a few poems and a couple are okay but I'm not feeling all that excited about any of them...
 
Happy July 4th to my southern neighbours. I checked the new poems today and found a couple of decent poems by dependable Lit poets, have a look and see if you'd care to make a couple of recommendations. Have a good weekend.
 
Saturday

Only four new poems this morning. Maybe more later? I would make suggestions but there are so few poems. So just give them all a read.
 
Five poems today. And all worth a peek.

Birthing into You by XXplorher - Takes a bit to get into and tells more than shows. But somehow it works.

Box of Love by hotti - A pretty good abstraction.

Kerouac Trip by Tokuqin - A really good style excersize.

An Ode to Humaternity by seannelson - My pick of the day. Different, eloquent and feels fresh to my ears.

Haiku - Restless Lust by harry069 - Not really a haiku or even close. But kinda cute, in a Hallmark meets Hardcore kinda way. :)
 
Monday

14 New Poems for Monday.

We have one audio poem today by hmmnmm: test run
I'm away from home and only able to read the poem, so you may want to check it out and give it a listen. I like the middle of the poem. :)

Okay, the rest of the review will have to wait until later today when I get home. Have a great day and write a poem! :rose:
 
Back
Top