Rice Doesnt Like Troll Reviews

Oh the poor baby, did some troll cuss her out.

Is she stupid? Everyone is anonymous on the internet.

Oh boo fucking hoo.:rolleyes:

She's making millions and she can't handle some nasty remarks about her story? She should see the abuse we take for free.

Apparently the whiny, wussy, self absorbed nature of many of her characters comes from the author.

However it would be interesting to see if it gets anywhere because the anon reviews are BS on amazon, but more so is the ability to post a review without making a purchase and I'm sure Rice will get into that as well. If amazon did change their policy it could benefit all authors over there, both great and small

Then again I would not out it past amazon to only change policy for books by major publishers and not indie authors:rolleyes:

"In an interview with the Guardian, Rice says the “anti-author gangsters” make her a victim of bullying."

That's pretty funny coming from a woman who's been known to sic her fans on anybody who criticises her work.

Though I do agree with LC, non-purchaser reviews are just asking for trouble.

"In an interview with the Guardian, Rice says the “anti-author gangsters” make her a victim of bullying."

That's pretty funny coming from a woman who's been known to sic her fans on anybody who criticises her work.

Though I do agree with LC, non-purchaser reviews are just asking for trouble.

So its a good thing I never published a fan fic I wrote where a "wamphyrie" from Brian Lumley's necroscope series kills Lewis and Lestat for their incessant whining.

Not much of a fan of her stuff(although credit where it is due in queen of the Damned and Mayfair witches she creates some rich mythology/histories) but I am far less a fan of her as a person.

She's self entitled diva and it speaks volumes about her pettiness that as much success as she has had she can't take criticism.

So its a good thing I never published a fan fic I wrote where a "wamphyrie" from Brian Lumley's necroscope series kills Lewis and Lestat for their incessant whining.

Oh yeah.

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/croatoan/

"... e-mailed threats regarding not only the writing of fanfiction but any writing that any fanfic author attempted to engage in (regardless of who owned the copyright), attacks on businesses that the fanfic authors owned and weeks of harassing personal letters sent to fanfic author's e-mail addresses and guestbooks. Personal information about fanfic authors was also dug up by Anne Rice employees and used as part of the harassment. Suffice it to say, Anne Rice made her displeasure clear."

As far as I've seen she doesn't outright say "go harass these people", she just highlights critics on her FB in a nudge-nudge-wink-wink sort of way and makes sure her fans know where they can go to pester them. I don't have to tell you what the more rabid AR fans are like, they don't need much encouragement to go off foaming at the mouth.

She's self entitled diva and it speaks volumes about her pettiness that as much success as she has had she can't take criticism.

Yep, and it shows up in her writing too, especially since she decided she was too good for an editor.

Oh boo fucking hoo.:rolleyes:

However it would be interesting to see if it gets anywhere because the anon reviews are BS on amazon, but more so is the ability to post a review without making a purchase and I'm sure Rice will get into that as well. If amazon did change their policy it could benefit all authors over there, both great and small

Then again I would not out it past amazon to only change policy for books by major publishers and not indie authors:rolleyes:

My wife complains about the positive reviews on Amazon. She reads a lot of Romance stories and shops on Amazon for many things. She says that at times there are dozens of positive reviews for certain authors or items that are posted in a very short time frame. Often when she checks the reviewer's other reviews he/she/it will have 'reviewed' far more items than one person could possibly read/use in the time frame.

It's an easy conjecture that there are fluff reviewers that saturate whatever item they are paid to saturate with good reviews.

My wife complains about the positive reviews on Amazon. She reads a lot of Romance stories and shops on Amazon for many things. She says that at times there are dozens of positive reviews for certain authors or items that are posted in a very short time frame. Often when she checks the reviewer's other reviews he/she/it will have 'reviewed' far more items than one person could possibly read/use in the time frame.

It's an easy conjecture that there are fluff reviewers that saturate whatever item they are paid to saturate with good reviews.

Like the pregnant women who review the baby stroller before the baby is born.

You're right. Think along the lines of "mystery shoppers" there are people paid to review items and they get a small amount of money per review.

And despite the claims of a certain poster here damn straight the major publishers pay for fluff reviews as well

I disagree that they are a "small group with a loud voice." More like small minds with a wide audience.

From selling or trolling?

Trolling.

Actually I didn't troll, I had a different opinion about the meaning of, what else, buyers scoring and comments. I also forced Amazon to remove a slanderous comment a buyer left. The buyer posted that I had stolen her credit card data and used her card. Amazon ignored my protest, sellers do not have access to buyers accounts. So I sent a letter to Jeff Bezos explaining what defamation is, and explained that as he knew the allegation couldn't be true he was a party to the defamation if he let it remain on his site. He removed the post.

The friends of self-publishing authors have pretty much watered down the usefulness of Amazon reviews.

It wasn't that long ago that we had regular posters to this forum asking for contest votes for contests off the web site and suggesting "you scratch my back/I'll scratch yours" voting and reviews.

Well there have been a lot of "review me I'll review you" threads here before.

I think the easiest solution is for amazon to do what most sites do and the book has to be purchased to be reviewed. Most trolls aren't going to spend even a couple of dollars to bash people.

The other thing they can do is simple look at a posters reviews and if they are running up and the the kindle store dropping ones (or fluffing everything with 5's) remove their review privileges.

But amazon doesn't do much that makes sense with KDP including the no brainer solution of an adult kindle store to stop people from seeing erotica who don't want to see it.

Last edited:
The friends of self-publishing authors have pretty much watered down the usefulness of Amazon reviews.

It wasn't that long ago that we had regular posters to this forum asking for contest votes for contests off the web site and suggesting "you scratch my back/I'll scratch yours" voting and reviews.

There was a lot of it.

Please don't confuse my "leave me a comment and I'll leave you one" policy with vote swapping. I think it's a pretty good way to discover authors I like. And it's much more fun when someone actually reads my stories.

And it's certainly not how I won Valentine's Day.

I blew the judges. ;)

Please don't confuse my "leave me a comment and I'll leave you one" policy with vote swapping. I think it's a pretty good way to discover authors I like. And it's much more fun when someone actually reads my stories.

And it's certainly not how I won Valentine's Day.

I blew the judges. ;)

Don't explain yourself to that bitter idiot.

BTW have I mentioned I was asked to judge the next contest you're eligible to win?;)

Back