Isolated Poetry Blurt

G

The brilliance in a great poem is the editing.

I just had to say that. It was gnawing my cerebral cortex while reading some of the threads in the Poetry Feedback & Discussion lately.
(That and I'm an AH and GB copycat with their blurt threads.)

That's rich coming from a man who lured me into speed-writing over 60 poems this spring. ;)

neonurotic said:
The brilliance in a great poem is the editing.

agreed. :)

Liar said:
That's rich coming from a man who lured me into speed-writing over 60 poems this spring. ;)

well, now you have 60 poems to edit into brilliance. ;)

reader, put on your bib

every time you read a poem, you crack the poet's lobster skull open and dip his thoughts in butter.

(now that's blurty)

WickedEve said:
every time you read a poem, you crack the poet's lobster skull open and dip his thoughts in butter.

Sometimes, it all tastes like chicken, though. :(

Opinionated blurt: Text is 10% code and 90% context.

Liar said:
Or about 55 to scrap. :rolleyes:
* wishin to get in those drawers ;)

Oh my. Never scrap. File my friend. File them away, can always be used for inspiration - information. I would have a heart attack if someone scrapped my poetry files on the puter. Worse, just bury me, cause it aint happenin' ~

:rolleyes:

RhymeFairy said:
* wishin to get in those drawers ;)

Oh my. Never scrap. File my friend. File them away, can always be used for inspiration - information. I would have a heart attack if someone scrapped my poetry files on the puter. Worse, just bury me, cause it aint happenin' ~

I hope you hav a solid back up system if your files mean that much to you. :) I know several people who saved their writing to their hard drives and when those drives failed they lost everything.

I like blurt threads....cuz everthing I say is spontaneous and meaningless.... :D

If you have a poem that is 8 stanzas, a stanza had 4 line and 6 words made a line, how many of those 192 words can be adjectives without screwing up the poem?

No. I don't really want to know. ;)

The_Fool said:
I like blurt threads....cuz everthing I say is spontaneous and meaningless.... :D
Oh, I don't want to hear that. I've seen whole poem blurts from you on other forums that were no where near meaningless.

Writing a poem is like playing games with the neighbourhood bully. They go wherever they want to and pull you along for the ride.

neonurotic said:
If you have a poem that is 8 stanzas, a stanza had 4 line and 6 words made a line, how many of those 192 words can be adjectives without screwing up the poem?[/SIZE]
If you're insanely good, all of them.

poetry is an angry crowd
that makes me gather my own stones
I kneel in the center without being told
and wait

clutching_calliope said:
Sounds like you've been reading Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.......

wow, did they make her collect her own stones? I remember that in hs lit, I was in love with the teacher, so the ending is a bit of a blur, but if she did, then I owe Ms. Jackson a big thank you. I often imagine myself delivering the tools of my own destruction. sometimes they are engraved. sometimes I get all Sara Conner like and blast them out of the sky with an Uzi. Is that how you spell Uzi? oozey? sometimes I blow kisses and sink into the sand
leaving behind coarsely woven scarves and skirt

ps tzara saw the same thing... :)

You know you've posted too many poems when you submit the same poem twice, but under different titles.

Back