The Cuckold/ Loving Wives community on here is pretty brutal or is it just me?

SuperWriter

Experienced
I'm considering dipping into that area, but checking out the activity there, at least half the stories get DESTROYED, in terms of ratings and comments - 2.87 "What a cheating whore! You should kill her!"

I understand cheating and stuff is obviously divisive, but isn't that the whole point ?

Personally, my first post would be about a husband convincing his wife to sleep with the boss for a promotion, but they deeply still love each other and all that jazz. So nothing crazy and technically not cheating

Your thoughts and personal experiences?

It's not just you. LW is where they send taggers and semiliterate graffiti artists when they get too tired to think straight. It's like a postgrad training site for fundamentalist atheists and Antifa speech writers.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

The lowest of the low. There's trolling then there is 100% hate spewing petty nasty little men....they are the latter. Women haters, racists, homophobic, worst of the worst society has to offer there.

And they don't just attack the story, they personally attack the author and also attack any reader who dared like the story.

If the site would be willing to disable anon comments just on that category? The difference would be amazing.

Loving Wives is the only category worth contributing to, IMHO. I’ve written in other categories, and for other sites, where the readers are polite and appreciative of the free entertainment we provide them. Guess what? It’s BORING!

In LW, your stories will get thousands of views, hundreds of votes, and dozens of comments. The same stories in other categories would get half of each. Sure, most of the comments will be laughable nonsense, and the majority of votes will be cast by people who vote according to the outcome of the story (or if they like you as an author) and not on the actual quality of the story itself. But as long as you don’t care about the scores, and have enough of a backbone to let the critical comments slide off your back, it’s insanely fun.

If you are genuinely concerned about scores and positive comments, and you insist on posting to LW, there is a VERY easy way to receive accolades in that category. Simply write a story about a hard-working, stoic, man’s man whose brainless and selfish wife has an affair behind his back. Then write about how he gets his revenge and lives happily ever after with a much hotter and much more faithful woman, while his ex lives in misery and regret.

If I were to estimate the demographics of the average LW reader, it would be a 65-year-old man who is divorced, whose wife cheated on him, and who is now living a lonely and bitter existence. For some strange reason, those guys visit an erotic website to vent their anger and frustration.

I’m waiting on someone to accidentally post a gay affair story that takes place behind a wife’s back in the loving wives category and reports back the results. I bet it would be comical and entertaining
🌹Kant👠👠👠

Last edited:
I’m waiting on someone to accidentally post a gay affair story that takes place behind a wife’s back in the loving wives category and reports back the results. I bet it would be comical and entertaining
🌹

M thought is homophobia outweighs they're desire to see wives cheated on.....judgement: Flamed for being flaming.

Personally, my first post would be about a husband convincing his wife to sleep with the boss for a promotion, but they deeply still love each other and all that jazz. So nothing crazy and technically not cheating

Huh. I've got a start on a very similar story line. I've been debating with myself whether to put it in LW or not, for exactly the reasons you mention.

Loving Wives is the only category worth contributing to, IMHO. I’ve written in other categories, and for other sites, where the readers are polite and appreciative of the free entertainment we provide them. Guess what? It’s BORING!

Interesting perspective. I'm still new enough to this that I'm still enjoying and excited by thoughtful comments and constructive criticism. Maybe I'll wait until the intelligent feedback grows repetetive and dull, then wade into the LW swamp for some excitement.

🌹Kant👠👠👠

Comical and entertaining in about the same way as a tactical nuke. Impressive from a distance...

For maximal yield, you'd need to include mixed-race, non-consensual and with the boss being a close relative. One could sell tickets.

Last edited:
🌹Kant👠👠👠

I’m halfway tempted to accept this challenge :cool:

I literally laughed out loud when I read the title to this thread. Not because it's a foolish question -- it's not -- but because it so obviously not "just you" and because the OP obviously is just beginning to learn what every experienced author here knows about the insanity that is LW.

Here's the thing about Loving Wives, as a category. It's got lots of readers. It's either number 2 or number 3 (incest is first) on the list of most-read story categories. And plenty of those readers actually do like cheating hot wife stories. They love them. There are tons of those readers. I'm one of those readers.

But there's also a sizeable pool of low-life, hate-spewing trolls, who either hate female sexuality or have axes to grind because of women who cheated on them. And they ruin it for the thin-skinned. They will 1-bomb you and tell you your story is cuck shit.

So you have two choices, both reasonable.

Go ahead and publish your story in Loving Wives, knowing you'll get trolled and your score will suffer, but that you'll get lots of readers, including exactly the readers you want. This is the choice for the thick-skinned.

Or insert another element into your story, and publish it in a category that fits with that other element. You probably will have fewer viewers, but they'll be nicer to you and give you a higher average score.

I figure they're jealous that their wives aren't hot enough to live out any of those stories.

If I were to estimate the demographics of the average LW reader, it would be a 65-year-old man who is divorced, whose wife cheated on him, and who is now living a lonely and bitter existence. For some strange reason, those guys visit an erotic website to vent their anger and frustration.

My headcanon: that's not the average, a large percentage of the LW "readership" actually is one guy who reads everything in the category over and over, downvoting at tremendous speed while ragewanking over photos of his ex.

He's got a bot set up so that every time he takes a stroke, it posts "this author is a cuck and hubby is a wimp, real man would shoot the wife and shoot her lover and shoot shoot shoot oh god I'm coming".

Manly men don't do laundry, so he's signed up to some sort of service that brings him fresh socks every couple of days and takes away the used ones.

My headcanon: that's not the average, a large percentage of the LW "readership" actually is one guy who reads everything in the category over and over, downvoting at tremendous speed while ragewanking over photos of his ex.

He's got a bot set up so that every time he takes a stroke, it posts "this author is a cuck and hubby is a wimp, real man would shoot the wife and shoot her lover and shoot shoot shoot oh god I'm coming".

Manly men don't do laundry, so he's signed up to some sort of service that brings him fresh socks every couple of days and takes away the used ones.

Your comment almost had me in tears Lol

I literally laughed out loud when I read the title to this thread. Not because it's a foolish question -- it's not -- but because it so obviously not "just you" and because the OP obviously is just beginning to learn what every experienced author here knows about the insanity that is LW.

Here's the thing about Loving Wives, as a category. It's got lots of readers. It's either number 2 or number 3 (incest is first) on the list of most-read story categories. And plenty of those readers actually do like cheating hot wife stories. They love them. There are tons of those readers. I'm one of those readers.

But there's also a sizeable pool of low-life, hate-spewing trolls, who either hate female sexuality or have axes to grind because of women who cheated on them. And they ruin it for the thin-skinned. They will 1-bomb you and tell you your story is cuck shit.

So you have two choices, both reasonable.

Go ahead and publish your story in Loving Wives, knowing you'll get trolled and your score will suffer, but that you'll get lots of readers, including exactly the readers you want. This is the choice for the thick-skinned.

Or insert another element into your story, and publish it in a category that fits with that other element. You probably will have fewer viewers, but they'll be nicer to you and give you a higher average score.

I am starting to learn about LIT and how it works, and see the wisdom in your advice, though I also appreciate everyone's elses input. All your options make sense

I just shot coffee out of my nose, 5* comment!

If I ever did an LW story, I'll find a way to make sure it's postable in a different section. LW is a Dethklok level of brütal.

If you can post in there, you're a better man than I am, Gunga-Din. My hat is off to you.

Last edited:
Some of us take a crack at LW for the hell of it - under (another) assumed name, since the hate can and does spill over - and the reactions can be a lot of fun, if you're thick skinned. There are a surprising number of people there who actually like a good story, and they react, vote and comment, much more than in other categories. A lot of them do have cheating wives in their histories, and they'll tell you about it, but sometimes you wonder whether the wife wasn't the smart one.

No it's pretty brutal. I've post all my LW stuff one another site and my scores have more than doubled from her. All my comments from the readers are just wonderful. I enjoy that sight more now than here for posting stories. The trolls here are ugly and smell really bad.

No it's pretty brutal. I've post all my LW stuff one another site and my scores have more than doubled from her. All my comments from the readers are just wonderful. I enjoy that sight more now than here for posting stories. The trolls here are ugly and smell really bad.

Like an burning, smoldering electronic smell? (Haha) I’m trying to visualize a smell in cyberspace associated with trolls. Pretty sure some fellow authors are going to help me out in this🌹Kant

Like an burning, smoldering electronic smell? (Haha) I’m trying to visualize a smell in cyberspace associated with trolls. Pretty sure some fellow authors are going to help me out in this🌹Kant

Take a walk under a bridge where the homeless have been camping for many years. The smell will be close to right.

I’m halfway tempted to accept this challenge :cool:

Be my guest😇I’d line up to read it. I kinda touched on the idea with “A Slut’s Triangle”. Then again, I posted the story in TG/CD and not LW. But, yeah, if you write it, let me know because I’d love to read it🌹Kant

Take a walk under a bridge where the homeless have been camping for many years. The smell will be close to right.

One word comes to mind - squalid, but in long terms, maybe morally repulsive? Just guessing
🌹Kant

Back