Hey Sean Renaud

Wow, I didn't know anybody else was around from when Sci-Fi did anime. That was a large part of what got me hooked. Tank Police, Project A-Ko, Venus Wars (I can't find this one for shit), some creepy one where an old man was given a goddamn Gundamn for a Wheelchair (seriously, why was there a wheelchair that bad ass?), and a few others.

Not Van Helsing, just Hellsing.

I remember staying up late and watching Ninja Scroll showings, Ghost In The Shell series and if I'm not mistaken they also played Golgo13...or maybe that was my buddies DVD's/VHS tapes. But anime aside I would be happy if Sci Fi just played some god damn Sci Fi.

Fucking SPIKE plays more Sci Fi than SyFy does....w/e TV is dead.

Wow, I didn't know anybody else was around from when Sci-Fi did anime. That was a large part of what got me hooked. Tank Police, Project A-Ko, Venus Wars (I can't find this one for shit), some creepy one where an old man was given a goddamn Gundamn for a Wheelchair (seriously, why was there a wheelchair that bad ass?), and a few others.

Ya but I was maybe 10 if that when they were showing anime. I remember staying up till 6 am to see the sequel to galaxy express. Showtime used to show a lot of anime too. Got me hooked on the 3 versions of dirty pair

I've never seen Dirty Pair, heard lots of good about it and I plan one day to sit and burn all the way through it. It's gonna be epic, like when I finally got around to Outlaw Star and it was just me, a bottle of Vodka and a box of pizza. Good times.

For me I didn't have to stay up for Sci-Fi, I had to get up. I'd be up at like 5:30 in the morning so I could get my breakfast up and going and then sit and watch them in the morning. I remember my mom was pissed the first time she came down and I had a mixing bowl of Frosted Flakes and was happily munching away while the Puma Twins did the strip tease of Tank Police.

At least Toonami is back, even if they insist upon going through Naruto again, one fucking episode a week instead of, I dunno two or three, they've got a lot of catching up to do at this point.

I'm kinda shocked there isn't a dedicated anime channel yet. I would think that Dragonball, Gundam, Sailormoon, Bleach and Naruto alone could float a channel especially if they kept cycling out the other spot for things like Death Note, .Hack, Full Metal Alchemist and Tenchi.

I don't have anything against Castlvania's Alucard and I can't wait for him to show up in Lords of Shadow but let's be honest, Hellsing's pet vampire is the baddest man that hell ever spat forth. How many guys do you know who honestly enter every fight with "hit me with your best shot, I'll just stand here and take it. Then rape you."? Rip Van Winkle is the only person in the show who approaches him with the proper respect (okay and Anderson at the end but I think he was just getting bored of being alive by that point.

Rocko was the last Nicktoon to not suck until My life as a teenage robot (and that wasn't great) But I don't have to kill any of you for appreciating that particular one.

I can only imagine the kinds of scars that a woman who was introduced to anime through Hentai must have. The hubby is a lucky SOB. Iria Z-Hunter? If so that's a rather amazing anime and I highly recommend it. I can't vouch for Galaxy Express but I'm a bit of a freak, I don't like Akira at all.

Currently I'm very much enjoying the Secret World of Arriety (though anything that man does is made of solid fucking gold) Seriously, I think that man probably shits diamonds and cry's Oscar worthy scripts.

I don't think I am familiar with my life as a teenage robot.

I was already well and truly scarred before I watched Urotsukidoji. I have actually been trying to hunt it up second hand because so few people I know have seen it, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again, just for curiosities sake. And thank you, hubby thinks he's pretty lucky too. :)
Akira confused the fuck out of me.

I just sussed out the trailer for the Secret World of Arriety. It looks great.

I don't think I am familiar with my life as a teenage robot.

I was already well and truly scarred before I watched Urotsukidoji. I have actually been trying to hunt it up second hand because so few people I know have seen it, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again, just for curiosities sake. And thank you, hubby thinks he's pretty lucky too. :)
Akira confused the fuck out of me.

I just sussed out the trailer for the Secret World of Arriety. It looks great.

If you've never watched anything by (his name escapes me but that guy) before Arriety is a good place to start but don't miss Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away. I'm not a fan of Princess Mononoke but I also don't want anybody to set me on fire so you may as well watch that one as well.

If you've never watched anything by (his name escapes me but that guy) before Arriety is a good place to start but don't miss Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away. I'm not a fan of Princess Mononoke but I also don't want anybody to set me on fire so you may as well watch that one as well.

Howls Moving Castle is brilliant! I've watched it many times. I have only seen Spirited away once.

Good, you'd be amazed the stuff that people haven't seen for whatever stupid reason. If you've seen those two Monoke and Arreity should be good if only for the animation style. I can watch Howl all day just for that fucking fire demon.

And I will. I'll do it. I will make you as flaming as I am.

...wait, what are we talking about?

Sorry.

But still haven't seen it.

Also, Gundam wheelchair?

And nobody's mentioned Eva yet?

I can't remember the name of it, maybe Remy does. It's about this old man who's one life support and they give him this prototype chair that is all sorts of awesome and it's the bad guy eventually shows up. . .Think Ironman if if Ironman was an ICU machine and his bastard partner made Warmachine from the Blue Prints and then they have to fight. Because Tony Stark can't let his invention be used for evil. And he's like semi-concious. It's wicked awesome but weird.

And Eva? I don't recall that off the top of my head. I'm more than a little ashamed I hadn't brought up Record of Lodoss Wars yet. Deedlit and Pirotase. Man elves are built out of sex.

I can't remember the name of it, maybe Remy does. It's about this old man who's one life support and they give him this prototype chair that is all sorts of awesome and it's the bad guy eventually shows up. . .Think Ironman if if Ironman was an ICU machine and his bastard partner made Warmachine from the Blue Prints and then they have to fight. Because Tony Stark can't let his invention be used for evil. And he's like semi-concious. It's wicked awesome but weird.

And Eva? I don't recall that off the top of my head. I'm more than a little ashamed I hadn't brought up Record of Lodoss Wars yet. Deedlit and Pirotase. Man elves are built out of sex.

I know what your talking about but the name escapes me. There was a little girl and a old man. The old man flips a switch and miniguns and shit pop out of the chair.

I think oncelers talking about evingalion

Last edited:
Sean was it bubblegum crisis maybe? For some reason that's sticking out. Either the originsl or tokyo 2040

I know what your talking about but the name escapes me. There was a little girl and a old man. The old man flips a switch and miniguns and shit pop out of the chair.

I think oncelers talking about evingalion

Yeah! And I remember thinking DAMN. Why the fuck is this man's wheel chair the most bad ass thing that has ever happened?! I didn't even like that one but damned if it didn't stand out in my memory. I'm gonna see if I can google it up.

Yeah! And I remember thinking DAMN. Why the fuck is this man's wheel chair the most bad ass thing that has ever happened?! I didn't even like that one but damned if it didn't stand out in my memory. I'm gonna see if I can google it up.

I found some stuff from around 2007 but what we are thining is ghost in the shell era. I don't think the old fart was a main character....you know it might have been dirty pair or dirty pair flash. It stands out to me because I've seen it a few times

What do you know? The Sci-Fi channel's wiki has a list of every anime they ever aired. The movie we're thinking of is called Roujin Z.

I had forgotten about some of these like Armitage III which I remember liking but it's been like 15 years so who knows. That was back in the day when anime was so hard to come by that we watched some serious crap just to get our fix.

Sean Renaud;441343 8 said:
What do you know? The Sci-Fi channel's wiki has a list of every anime they ever aired. The movie we're thinking of is called Roujin Z.

I had forgotten about some of these like Armitage III which I remember liking but it's been like 15 years so who knows. That was back in the day when anime was so hard to come by that we watched some serious crap just to get our fix.

No shit.. I was thinking raxephon for a minute

Just looked at the wiki and it doesn't ring a bell. We must be thinking of something different.

Last edited:
Okay, that was the movie I was thinking of.

RahXephon is great too, I used to own it but I have no idea where it eventually wandered off too. One of the disadvantage of being the only person between your friends and your siblings friends who actually buys stuff is occasionally shit just decides to walk away and nobody remembers if they borrowed it until you happen to be thumbing through there shit. I'd definitely recommend RahXephon to anybody who wants to watch some mech on mech madness.

I like Blue Seed as well, but I think that might again be because I'm a bit of a freak. I like so many odd things.

That
sound
awesome!

And I'm talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion. I watched that when I was the same age as the Eva pilots, and it's still one of my favorite shows ever. I became obsessed, ordered and read all three manga series, the art book, the figures... One of those unhealthy, Pokemon-esc obsessions.

Goddamn I hated Shinji tho.

N47Lw.png

Could fucked the hot American who turned out to be an alien.
Kawaii.jpg

Coulda fucked the hot German who turned out to be batshit insane.
asuka_shinji_08.jpg

Instead, sat in his room and cried.
https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLaStpGWhirtZPcCIPm7hIikmm1IgD9u0YhFXXtGNnxoPOrItc

Shut the fuck up and get in the giant robot.

I'm gonna watch the fuck out of that. I'm sure I can find it streaming somewhere.

I've only seen bits and peices of Evangelion. Never caught it and never felt like spending the money on it either. I keep hearing that I should but I've sworn that Cowboy Beebop will get watched before I start anything else from the old days.

Seriously, Demona. With a fucking whip!

I've only seen bits and peices of Evangelion. Never caught it and never felt like spending the money on it either. I keep hearing that I should but I've sworn that Cowboy Beebop will get watched before I start anything else from the old days.

How about punching Puck in the face or something?

I'm looking at references right now but Bri is here and we're working on her creative thing. Demona had some hardcore 80s hair to not be in the 80s.

And you never answered my previous boob question I asked while half asleep.

Not paying to watch shit. I'll scour the internet until I find it for free. My time is literally worthless. That's why I let Sean pimp out my drawing hand for free.

If I ever get my band going ima commission your artistic ass:D

See, the thing about Eva is I suspect it's not good if you aren't 14. It's a coming of age story and I recently watched it with my brother, who's about that age, and it made me think that it's 10x better if you watch it in that age frame.

But it's still really good.

You can watch it here, I respond to the question that no one asked.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/neon-genesis-evangelion-english-dubbed

Back