Ask a MtF TG a question

Us shameful women

Looks like my thread is becoming more trans political than it is joyful these days :( But then, how can I not feature things like this from Janet Mock?

I'm no fan of celebrity gossip and I wouldn't have noticed this unless Janet had highlighted it: namely so called hetero-normative men being shamed by... wait for it... dating a trans woman. It shouldn't be news at all

Looks like my thread is becoming more trans political than it is joyful these days :( But then, how can I not feature things like this from Janet Mock?

I'm no fan of celebrity gossip and I wouldn't have noticed this unless Janet had highlighted it: namely so called hetero-normative men being shamed by... wait for it... dating a trans woman. It shouldn't be news at all

Why would they be shamed about dating a trans woman?

I'd date you! :D

...I do need to make up for lost time though :D:D

Haha, the phrase "lost time" appears twice in the story I wrote.

And, um, and the risk of exposing myself to searches, "I feel like I need to make up for 20 years of lost time" has been in one of my online dating profiles since the start.

Confusing title huh? It means Male to Female Transgender

Lots of you know me already and I've been happy to answer friends' questions via PMs. Here I can give you honest answers to the questions burning in your mind about transgenders but be warned: this isn't a thread for fulfilling your fantasies, it's for filling in the blanks in your knowledge about us. Trans* people just want to get on with our lives and be accepted in society, so dispelling a few myths might help that.

I won't be answering questions about my personal life, just about life in general from my TG perspective and I hope it'll help other trans women along the way. I'll try not to be too 'political' :rolleyes: because life should be fun :)

Also... if you don't have burning questions we could just chat, but you have to bring flowers or chocolate

ETA July 2014
Since the discussion here have been so interesting, I have copied a number to a separate Tumblr thread here : As I see it. If you do not wish your contribution to be included please let me know, but I hope very much you will.

ETA Jan 2015
I may not be around the threads as much, but I get a notification when folks post on this one. So I'm still around, even I don't post much myself and I'm happy to answer questions that come up :)

I like transgender women a lot. Ive been with a few, but it always confused me why SOME identify with being a woman, keep their cocks and desire to penetrate men. I personally prefer it that way, but it always through me for a loop. Can you give any insight?

I like transgender women a lot. Ive been with a few, but it always confused me why SOME identify with being a woman, keep their cocks and desire to penetrate men. I personally prefer it that way, but it always through me for a loop. Can you give any insight?

ETA - Trans women are women; not all women have vaginas and yes, some women have a penis. Most women are heterosexual but some are lesbian, some are asexual, some are bisexual and trans women are no different in their sexual orientation.
Some trans women are 'ok' keeping a penis, some can't afford the surgery, but to many it's a cause of good deal of distress and dysphoria and surgery can often fix that.

Fair question. I think we all have to get out of thinking about sexual orientation and gender as being either plain or milk chocolate - note I said "we" because trans people can make the same lazy assumptions based on societal habits and history.

A fair answer might be: 'Why shouldn't they?' No one, cis-gender or otherwise, truly fits into the neat boxes proscribed by society. If it seems like trans people seem to demonstrate more sexual diversity than the rest of the population ( and that's a wild guess btw ) then maybe it's because, by virtue of the time we have spent educating ourselves and asking a zillion questions, we feel less obliged to stick within the polite, constrained 'rules' that everyone else feels they need to in order to gain acceptance and approval by society.
Once you've broken one 'rule', then the rest seem irrelevant too.

Last edited:

Lately I think a lot about how complicated life is, but especially so for people who are not near the center of the bell curve. The remarkable thing is that everybody from one end of the curve to the other can benefit from loving and being loved.

I guess we have to keep remembering that potential for joy in our political discussions. It's a decision in the moment, really, whether to focus on fear of differences or to connect with someone. Connecting feels a hell of a lot better.

I am no celebrity by a long shot but there is a number of women I would be honored to date and spend time with. :)

It's amazing what passes for News these days, as indeed what passes for 'crime'.

I can't stomach nor understand today's Celebrity Culture, but that seems a very minority view, I also don't understand why so many people don't value privacy either. It's nothing to do with shame etc, it's all about choosing who-gets-to-know-what about yourself.

Ooo! Science :) Tired brain coming to life.

I find it extraordinary to a factor of a zillion that, given the number of chemically powered neural connections in the brain, that are influenced by environment, diet, nurture, hormones and genes, that people can be so similar and not have green skin and three legs.

I'm guessing physics is your speciality, mine is/was biology. At Uni we were told (in a neurobiology class) that there are more potential neural connections in the (human) brain than the ere are particles in the (observable) universe. How mind-boggling is that?

My pet theory of evolution is that it works like building pyramids out of blocks by trial and error: if the result isn't stable, it falls over and the process starts again.

Just not from the beginning, it merely takes a few different steps, kind of sideways really. Then there's Convergent Evolution and Adaptive Radiation to consider (the latter isn't about cosmic rays and Marvel superheroes)

mammals shouldn't really be top dog - it was reptiles till they got zapped. Mutations are the engine of evolution: some work, some don't, but ego-centric mankind thinks that what we see in the world is the pinnacle of evolution, but it isn't - it's still going on and will do long after we get wiped out.

Current paleotheory tends to the view that birds evolved from dinosaurs, so when you see the proverbial flock of seagulls you're actually looking at flying therapod dinosaurs :cool: I used to get very vexed with colleagues who would discuss the biological world in terms of higher and lower organisms. And don't get me started on those who think humans aren't actually animals, that we're somehow separate from the rest of the animal kingdom :mad:

being stuck out here on a statistical limb gives me a unique view of the world - it's you guys I feel sorry for :D;)

:D
Brian "You're all individuals!"
Man in crowd "I'm not..."

I'm guessing physics is your speciality, mine is/was biology. At Uni we were told (in a neurobiology class) that there are more potential neural connections in the (human) brain than there are particles in the (observable) universe. How mind-boggling is that?
Boggled yes, but I can imagine a lot of numbers. Glad you said potential connections: some folks round here could use some rewiring ;)

Just not from the beginning, it merely takes a few different steps, kind of sideways really. Then there's Convergent Evolution and Adaptive Radiation to consider (the latter isn't about cosmic rays and Marvel superheroes)
That's biologists for you - always having to complicate things. Why can't you use proper science words like Charm, Gluon, Bottom and Strange??

Current paleotheory tends to the view that birds evolved from dinosaurs, so when you see the proverbial flock of seagulls you're actually looking at flying therapod dinosaurs :cool: I used to get very vexed with colleagues who would discuss the biological world in terms of higher and lower organisms. And don't get me started on those who think humans aren't actually animals, that we're somehow separate from the rest of the animal kingdom :mad:
You mean like people do with hetero and LGBT :rolleyes:

I like 'vexed' - it reminds me of Jane Austen :)

Lately I think a lot about how complicated life is, but especially so for people who are not near the center of the bell curve. The remarkable thing is that everybody from one end of the curve to the other can benefit from loving and being loved.

I guess we have to keep remembering that potential for joy in our political discussions. It's a decision in the moment, really, whether to focus on fear of differences or to connect with someone. Connecting feels a hell of a lot better.

Very true words. And if only the hate mongers will eventually die off and leave a better more open and accepting world.

Very true words. And if only the hate mongers will eventually die off and leave a better more open and accepting world.

Except for the hard-core disturbed people, haters can gradually become lovers, starting with a simple decision in the moment to be more accepting. I've seen it happen. It is so much more enjoyable for everyone when people are able to make this change, most of all including the person who suffers from their own hate or fear.

Except for the hard-core disturbed people, haters can gradually become lovers, starting with a simple decision in the moment to be more accepting. I've seen it happen. It is so much more enjoyable for everyone when people are able to make this change, most of all including the person who suffers from their own hate or fear.

Anybody remember Elwin Wilson? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/u...ologized-for-racist-acts-dies-at-76.html?_r=0

Doesn't happen often, but it's wonderful when it does.

Outrageous Costs For Trans Surgery Shock

^^^not

I found this article that takes apart the transphobic argument against medical insurance being used for SRS.

Basically, there are so damned few of us, it affects premiums not one jot.

Hey, my dear...

I have a question...

How is your day going?

My second question --- My friend is performing in Dorcaster. How far do you live from there?

My third question - Do you consider yourself pretty? How did you feel about your attractiveness before you had your surgery?

My fourth question -- Are you a dog or a cat person?

Hey, my dear...

I have a question...

How is your day going?
It's gone well: all my washing is done and dried. It didn't rain. Ummm....

My second question --- My friend is performing in Dorcaster. How far do you live from there?
Where on earth is Dorcaster? Do you mean Doncaster? googles... I think you mean Doncaster, in which case I live a few miles from it, I think. I've never been there but I've seen the road signs :D I hope your friend has a good time - some of the northern venues can be a bit rough though!

My third question - Do you consider yourself pretty? How did you feel about your attractiveness before you had your surgery?
Gosh, well that's a tricky one. I look good from some angles. Yes, I'm pretty and I smile more now I've had surgery, so less frown lines! :)

My fourth question -- Are you a dog or a cat person?
Both: cats can be a pain at times but dogs just wanna have fun... actually more a dog person but they have to be well-behaved dogs that don't bark all frigging night like some of the ones round here :mad:

I'll try and tune in later if my body is still on French time UTC +2

xxx

It's gone well: all my washing is done and dried. It didn't rain. Ummm....

Where on earth is Dorcaster? Do you mean Doncaster? googles... I think you mean Doncaster, in which case I live a few miles from it, I think. I've never been there but I've seen the road signs :D I hope your friend has a good time - some of the northern venues can be a bit rough though!

Gosh, well that's a tricky one. I look good from some angles. Yes, I'm pretty and I smile more now I've had surgery, so less frown lines! :)

Both: cats can be a pain at times but dogs just wanna have fun... actually more a dog person but they have to be well-behaved dogs that don't bark all frigging night like some of the ones round here :mad:

I'll try and tune in later if my body is still on French time UTC +2

xxx

On American keyboards, the r is very close to the n. Actually....since she's really attractive and takes off her clothes in public, I'm sure she'll be fine in Doncaster.

I picture you in my head as really pretty. :D

On American keyboards, the r is very close to the n. Actually....since she's really attractive and takes off her clothes in public, I'm sure she'll be fine in Doncaster.

I picture you in my head as really pretty. :D
You're a sweetie :heart::kiss:

Partner and I caught up with a couple of her friends from uni recently. They were a couple, got engaged, E got pregnant, J couldn't deal with it and they broke up, E had the baby, J did some growing up and decided to be a responsible parent, now they're back together and happy. So lovely to see people working their shit out.

Only... part of the "growing up" was J coming out as transgender, and starting the transition process. While J's still legally male, they can marry - but as soon as J puts through the paperwork to legally transition, that marriage will be dissolved.

I really wish Australia would get on with catching up to the rest of the world on this crap.

Pbut as soon as J puts through the paperwork to legally transition, that marriage will be dissolved.

I really wish Australia would get on with catching up to the rest of the world on this crap.

There's no same-sex marriage in Oz? Blimey! It's bizarre that countries as conservative as Ireland are ahead on that.

Back