Under age sex, the biggest taboo

Finding an editor

TO: Paco, Mikey2, Email address deleted as per rule #4 of the [URL="http://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml"]Forum Guidelines[/URL]][/B]

I am impressed with your synopsis so far, but would still like to make acquaintance with similarly versed editors [B]who are willing to look at gay male erotica[/B].

Incidentally, my Max series is the first writing I have done in many years, and mikey2much is the only non-PMS member of this forum I have met so far, and his Johnny story was the first I've volunteered to edit here. It was very exciting, and it feels great to have helped him in the ways I did. He certainly helped me a lot, too! I hope we can contribute to each other more in the future.

I digress...

<cont. from>...volunteered to edit here.

It was an experience! The story wasn't quite my cup of tea either, but I had to "take ownership" in a way, to enable me to help in a way that made it feel like I was helping. And I did. I have always considered myself a Master of the English language, but I'm the proverbial One-Eyed King of a Blind Nation amongst my peers, so if you're tiers above me by comparison, then I'll even help you to Brasso your crown, wherein you point things out to me like "jarring mixed metaphors" and I just sponge the knowledge up. Thank you! It would be nice if you could send me some fully commented copy that you have already done to help restore and improve my command of the English language, at least to the state I last left it in 21 years ago when I matriculated from high school.

I am somewhat of a hermit - a home-body - and reading Pratchett and Salvatore and Feist and the likes - and little else - one doesn't get a comprehensive overview of the kind of language people are actually speaking these days. When I read the author's words, "dislodged this train of thought", I was personally impressed by them. The reader takes pause as he (sic) realizes that he has been reading a metacognition and processes it! This is an important milestone in the narration, and an important building block in Johnny/Slut's (please change the kid's name. Johnny? left brain dude) make up! Let's call it.... a jarring mixed metaphor! Yeah! Leave it in mikey2much. It's RIGHT. You're a genius! You coined a Jarring Mixed Metaphor! You will go on to word splendorous vistas yet!

I tried to slow you down mikey so I could give it a good look after you had seen my first edit, but you were eager to submit, and you're getting your wrists slapped because of those quirkinesses now see now tut tut

I was also keen to submit the first and second chapter of the first story I have ever submitted here (hyperlinks below) - god if i knew then what i know now... Go on, read them please, Paco? I like to believe it's improved as it's continued, and I would [I]really[/I] appreciate it if you gave me a professional edit. But it's gay stuff.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Me too.

I agree I don't see why I am having such a hard time. But I am over it now.
 
Hey! I'm having a bad day here! :p


Talk about feeling stupid! Gee, well, have to maintain my rep somehow. Yeah, that's what I was doing, just maintainin'. Yeah.

Here in spirit, DP! A confusing thread to follow, figured I wouldn't contribute my considerable weight until I saw you floundering <extending hand>

Great to see you again!
 
I guess the nail that raises its head is the one that draws the hammer. I will drop my head a bit and put my story under my arm and shuffle off.

I will hope for better luck when I post my next story
It is a cross between 'Huckberry Finn' and the 'Happy Hooker' set in the crackhead wonderland of the 'Big Bend area of Florida.

No kids and no memories just random acts of cheap sex., I should have no trouble with it.

mike

Mikey, why all the drama? I have edited stories for you before. You know the rules, dude! Why piss and moan about what you can't change? Maybe it's independence day in the "Colonies", but that doesn't necessarily extend to Lit. Why charge a hill you can't take? Flank it, my friend. Take a new angle.

I have a couple of edits but I can work with you if need be.

Dude, relax. Enjoy the time you have. Just me.
 
That's rich...

Not sure how to take that. I wasn't implying his time "above" the ground is conditional, because I have no control over that. The "creator", in whatever form he/she/it takes, determines this.
 
Back
Top