Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in. How the heck are ya? Long time no see.

Yeah, we have an AH Mod and he does a pretty good job of controlling the trashier side of things. He's been around long enough to know what is what and who is what, not to mention where a lot of the old skeletons are buried.

And some of them are DEEP.

We got +11C this morning. I think I'll boogie off to take a few pictures.

Christmas?

We have to get past the last of three December birthdays first.

In order, there was my grandson, now seven; my wife (age withheld) and today, Christmas Eve is my older granddaughter's birthday. She is eleven today. Their cousin is eleven tomorrow.

Within the next few days there should be a new baby - my first great-great-niece. More great-greats could follow in 2018. They're really making me feel ancient.

By family tradition we don't put up Christmas decorations, or even think about them, until after my wife's birthday. She, and my grandchildren, complain that their birthdays are lost in the Christmas preparations. We went on a Santa Special on the local preserved railway. The two grandchildren had birthday cards from Santa as well as Christmas presents. But this might be the last year we do that. The granddaughter has been on the Santa Special nine times. She thinks she's getting too old for it and even her seven-year-old brother doesn't appreciate it as much now.

Tomorrow is Christmas (and cousin's birthday). Today is granddaughter's birthday celebration.

Last year in New Jersey Christmas was around 30 degrees. It is weird seeing all of the decorations around in 80 degree weather.

Christmas?

We have to get past the last of three December birthdays first.

In order, there was my grandson, now seven; my wife (age withheld) and today, Christmas Eve is my older granddaughter's birthday. She is eleven today. Their cousin is eleven tomorrow.

Within the next few days there should be a new baby - my first great-great-niece. More great-greats could follow in 2018. They're really making me feel ancient.

By family tradition we don't put up Christmas decorations, or even think about them, until after my wife's birthday. She, and my grandchildren, complain that their birthdays are lost in the Christmas preparations. We went on a Santa Special on the local preserved railway. The two grandchildren had birthday cards from Santa as well as Christmas presents. But this might be the last year we do that. The granddaughter has been on the Santa Special nine times. She thinks she's getting too old for it and even her seven-year-old brother doesn't appreciate it as much now.

Tomorrow is Christmas (and cousin's birthday). Today is granddaughter's birthday celebration.

I guess that March has been a very significant month in your family, Ogg.
I should have worn my watch today. I managed to miss taking pictures today of the Santa Special on our local preserved bit of line. I goit a few good bits from the museum, though.
:)

I guess that March has been a very significant month in your family, Ogg.
I should have worn my watch today. I managed to miss taking pictures today of the Santa Special on our local preserved bit of line. I got a few good bits from the museum, though.
:)

Watch, HP?

You are nearly as out of date as I am. People don't wear watches to tell the time anymore. They look at their phone.

The 11th birthday celebrations went well. Granddaughter was embarrassed while the assembled family sang Happy Birthday. She got the giggles when trying to blow out the candles. It took her five attempts to extinguish the blaze. She was even more embarrassed to see that her father and grandmother had taken video of her candle-blowing failures. But every family event is embarrassing when you are an eleven-year-old girl.:)

Finally! I've finished it.

My fourth story about Brigit the Goddess - for Christmas has been submitted. I started it for Christmas 2004. :eek:

Watch, HP?

You are nearly as out of date as I am. People don't wear watches to tell the time anymore. They look at their phone.

The 11th birthday celebrations went well. Granddaughter was embarrassed while the assembled family sang Happy Birthday.
But every family event is embarrassing when you are an eleven-year-old girl.:)

It's not limited to gilrls, Ogg.
Family Events were just as tricky for this boy, too.
And the Watch was to get out on the platform to take a few pictures of the Santa Special.
My phone is for making calls, nothing else!

Merry Christmas.
And to You!

How much snow have you shoveled this year? :D

None because even last winter I was suffering from a knee injury and physically couldn't shovel snow :D

I am spending my first Christmas entirely alone though :(

Maybe I will go for a walk around the apartment complex...

None because even last winter I was suffering from a knee injury and physically couldn't shovel snow :D

I am spending my first Christmas entirely alone though :(

Maybe I will go for a walk around the apartment complex...

A good way to meet others who are alone. Just be careful until you find out why they are alone. ;)

Christmas seems interminable.

Today I have to take grandchildren and wife to the Pantomime and return to collect them later.

The family Christmas gathering and present giving is on Sunday 31st. I will be pleased when that is over and normal life can resume.

I am (we are!) getting tired, old and grumpy. Excited children for weeks on end is wearing.

Christmas seems interminable.

Today I have to take grandchildren and wife to the Pantomime and return to collect them later.

The family Christmas gathering and present giving is on Sunday 31st. I will be pleased when that is over and normal life can resume.

I am (we are!) getting tired, old and grumpy. Excited children for weeks on end is wearing.

Have you noticed how images of smiling Grandparents and laughing children do not seem to take into account the strain ? A short visdit fromm my little onmes would be welcome; while they break their journey to elwhere . . .

Who ever woulda thunk it?

If you'd predicted this fifteen years ago, they'd have thrown you in the loony bin.

39019180732_16402a23cb_z.jpg

Top ten global producers of petroleum and other liquids (Jan 2017 - Aug 2017)
by U.S. Energy Information Administration, on Flickr

First day back in the office after the holidays, and the internet is down. No net = no work. It's gonna be a long year.

I have the cut wood, the glue and even some screws./
Guess who's lost the pins/nails ?
<Groan>

I have five published stories. At this moment, all of their vote counts end in six: 236, 746, 76, 116, and 286. Weird. What are the odds?
(Rhetorical question. Please don't do the math.)

Why is Florida being so cold? It dropped down into the 30s Fahrenheit two nights in a row and my office doesn't have working heat so I am wearing my leather jacket all day long...

Why is Florida being so cold? It dropped down into the 30s Fahrenheit two nights in a row and my office doesn't have working heat so I am wearing my leather jacket all day long...

I'm tempted to say you should ask your Presidential advisers about the confusion about 'Global Warming', but this may only get you a political diatribe.

It's Twelfth Night, the traditional time to take down Christmas decorations. I've just boxed all the lights and put them back in the loft until next Christmas. I went downstairs for a reviving cup of coffee and found a small set of battery operated lights.

They can wait until tomorrow!

It's Twelfth Night, the traditional time to take down Christmas decorations. I've just boxed all the lights and put them back in the loft until next Christmas. I went downstairs for a reviving cup of coffee and found a small set of battery operated lights.

Yep. That's my Saturday too. Boxing up all the greenery and tinsel. Wow, but there's a lot if it.

Just got a police-call. They found a motorbike that matched the description. More or less... Frame numbers were filed off, the whole thing (at least the parts that were still there) was painted black.

They sent some pictures and I wish I could tell them that it isn't mine... It's insurance-property now; I wonder how they'll handle this.

Can you buy it from the Insurers ?
Is it worth it ?

I just turn off the lights and remove the battery/ies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back