Mind Control

My Sweet Voodoo is sort-of MC: the protagonist's diddling with voodoo dolls causes mental as well as physical changes in his targets. (Drama arises when someone messes with his dolls.) His manipulations didn't really cost him anything -- if if was direct MC then he'd have to suffer. A sequel might see him with consequences. Maybe someone finds his grimoire and works voodoo upon him.

I don't see the point of mind control stories. If you can control somebody's mind, there is no drama, no challenge, and therefore no triumph. The only way I could see it being interesting is from the perspective of the one being controlled, and their struggle to break free. And possibly turn the tables.

Mind control is powerful and used all the time.

neighbor wife is trying to seduce her thru MC, after a few sessions, her k9 starts to 'lick' and get involved. next time MC session takes place, the k9 also gets excited with the neighbors wife.
Unless it's a talking, sentient dog, this is bestiality and is banned here.

What COULD be allowed: Guy tries MC tricks on a human target (any gender) while his loyal male dog naps nearby. But the trick backfires -- his and the dog's minds are swapped and he goes into frantic-Chihuahua mode, madly humping away. Or it's a gal and her female dog. Again, an inadvertent mind-swap -- and the bitch goes into heat, offering herself to any warm mammal. Needless to say, the MC target is rather startled. Hilarity ensues.

IMHO the greatest MC tale is RIDERS by SilverBob (Robt Silverberg) adapted for comix by Larry Todd. Unseen aliens have taken a near-future Earth. Their only trace is that they take over humans' minds, riding them, forcing them to act bizarrely, to fuck indiscriminately. You never know if your last fuck was with someone of right mind, or a ridden slave. Recognizing a prior fucker is impolite. Society falls apart.

An adaptation would go well in Erotic Horror. A narrator tells of her/his memories and mental gaps -- what the fuck WAS I doing last Saturday? Was I really in that gerbil-pile fuckfest? What's that alien edge I feel in my dreams? Are they really dreams?

Back