Toy storage

Jada59

Literotica Guru
I used to keep my sex toys inside of the table by my bed. It's designed to look like an old timey ice box. But... having to take them out and put them back in was a pain.

Some years back, I got a beautiful brocade box. Sort of a semi-circle in shape with a hinged lid. I moved all of the toys except for the Hitachi into that. But... My collection is growing. Not only do I have too many things to fit in there but some are just too long and I wind up leaving them sitting out.

This wouldn't be a problem except that sometimes I forget that they are sitting out and tell someone they can go into my bedroom to look for or get something. :eek:

So... What to do? I do like the brocade box. I suppose I could still keep my smaller things in there. But I need something to put the larger things in. Or perhaps something much larger to hold them all.

What do you store your toys in? I would prefer something that's not see through and that has a lid. Many years ago I just used an open topped basket. But many years ago, I didn't have an adult daughter who sometimes flops down on my bed to pet the cats and such.

Help! Thanks!

My experience is that teenage and adult children will 'discover' things however well they are concealed. My take is that it may just help them if they are struggling with some aspect of their sex drive, to know that their mum and dad have plenty of 'go' while being respectable nice warm and generous people.

That said, I get such a telling off from my wife the odd time I leave a cockring on the bathroom shelf with the toothbrushes!

I used to keep my sex toys inside of the table by my bed. It's designed to look like an old timey ice box. But... having to take them out and put them back in was a pain.

Some years back, I got a beautiful brocade box. Sort of a semi-circle in shape with a hinged lid. I moved all of the toys except for the Hitachi into that. But... My collection is growing. Not only do I have too many things to fit in there but some are just too long and I wind up leaving them sitting out.

This wouldn't be a problem except that sometimes I forget that they are sitting out and tell someone they can go into my bedroom to look for or get something. :eek:

So... What to do? I do like the brocade box. I suppose I could still keep my smaller things in there. But I need something to put the larger things in. Or perhaps something much larger to hold them all.

What do you store your toys in? I would prefer something that's not see through and that has a lid. Many years ago I just used an open topped basket. But many years ago, I didn't have an adult daughter who sometimes flops down on my bed to pet the cats and such.

Help! Thanks!

Early on we stored our toys in the drawer of the night stand. But as the kids got older and more inquisitive, we bought a lockable plastic tool box. The kind that has a lift out tray. The tray holds the smaller, more frequently used toys, as well as an assortment of lubes. Under the tray are the larger toys, including a well used strap-on. The "tool box" is kept on the floor in the bedroom closet.

The kids are adults now, and on occasion have enquired what's in the toolbox in the bedroom closet. I suspect they've guessed but have never come out and said so.

My experience is that teenage and adult children will 'discover' things however well they are concealed. My take is that it may just help them if they are struggling with some aspect of their sex drive, to know that their mum and dad have plenty of 'go' while being respectable nice warm and generous people.

That said, I get such a telling off from my wife the odd time I leave a cockring on the bathroom shelf with the toothbrushes!

Heh. I have left stuff in the bathroom too.

Early on we stored our toys in the drawer of the night stand. But as the kids got older and more inquisitive, we bought a lockable plastic tool box. The kind that has a lift out tray. The tray holds the smaller, more frequently used toys, as well as an assortment of lubes. Under the tray are the larger toys, including a well used strap-on. The "tool box" is kept on the floor in the bedroom closet.

The kids are adults now, and on occasion have enquired what's in the toolbox in the bedroom closet. I suspect they've guessed but have never come out and said so.

I thought about a tool box but those aren't very girly. I suppose I could get all crafty with it. Thanks!

Butt plugs. Nipple clamps. Might have a cock ring if I had a real in the flesh guy bu so far, that hasn't happened.

A dude has to put a metal cockring on before he biggs up. So, lady, no use you having one in your bedroom. ;);)

You think your daughter goes into your room to pet cats?
I reckon maybe she goes in there to borrow things. Do you ever notice something goes missing for a while and then appears again? :)

We have an antique desk in our bedroom that you need skeleton keys for opening, our collection originally took up 1 drawer now it takes up most of it, only downfall is the spreader bar has to stay behind it because it’s too wide to go inside.

Hey Jada.
I’m terrible at storage. I do have a small apolstered ottoman type box that I store some of mine in. It doesn’t lock but if it gets snooped in then I doubt adult children are going to mention it. Lol

Maybe a nice craft or sewing box could work well and is more feminine than a toolbox.

You think your daughter goes into your room to pet cats?
I reckon maybe she goes in there to borrow things. Do you ever notice something goes missing for a while and then appears again? :)

That actually doesn't happen. She does go for the cats. She doesn't live here.

Hey Jada.
I’m terrible at storage. I do have a small apolstered ottoman type box that I store some of mine in. It doesn’t lock but if it gets snooped in then I doubt adult children are going to mention it. Lol

Maybe a nice craft or sewing box could work well and is more feminine than a toolbox.

There's a thought! I have one of those that's rather large but one of my cats is ripping it to bits. I had a smaller one. I think I got rid of it when I did the big clean up and purge after my divorce. Should maybe look for a new one.

We have an antique desk in our bedroom that you need skeleton keys for opening, our collection originally took up 1 drawer now it takes up most of it, only downfall is the spreader bar has to stay behind it because it’s too wide to go inside.

Thanks!

Help! Thanks!
My wife and I have acquired some fun toys lately and don't want the grandchildren to find them so we picked up a metal briefcase that locks for our toys!

Hi Jada, I'd suggest those white stackable locking file drawers from The Container Store. It's also a good practice to bag your toys separately before you place them in your toy box. I sew cotton drawstring bags (similar to fabric wine bags) for my toys. I hope this helps. :)

We are alone so a five drawer clothes dresser next to our bed works wonderful. But when you have upwards to 200 or so, the only other option would be to build shelves on the walls in the bedroom and display them all. IM thinking thats not going to happen although we have many colors, and sizes of many differnt styles and they are rather pretty when in a grouping! Lol and we are at an age that who the hell cares who sees them anymore!

We are alone so a five drawer clothes dresser next to our bed works wonderful. But when you have upwards to 200 or so, the only other option would be to build shelves on the walls in the bedroom and display them all. IM thinking thats not going to happen although we have many colors, and sizes of many differnt styles and they are rather pretty when in a grouping! Lol and we are at an age that who the hell cares who sees them anymore!

LOL! I leave my toys everywhere inside my walk-in. :D

funny

My wife told me this happened to her before we started dating and she had her own apartment. Back in those early years she had a vibrator/dildo that was pretty anatomically correct and she would stash it under her bed.

One day her GF and her GF's mom came over to drop off something they had for her and her GF brought her little miniature poodle with them. While they were chatting away over coffee, little Fido had wandered into her bedroom and came out with her toy in its mouth playing around with it like it's a chew toy!
Needless to say she was totally embarrassed and retrieved the toy quickly to hide it again (this time in a non-pet accessible spot).

Moral of the story....safe storage is a good thing!

Funny thing, I own a storage solutions company, and all this time I’ve been upfitting vehicles, garages, workshops, kitchens, basements and de-cluttering when I should have been doing sex toys storage systems.

Funny thing, I own a storage solutions company, and all this time I’ve been upfitting vehicles, garages, workshops, kitchens, basements and de-cluttering when I should have been doing sex toys storage systems.

I'll bet there is a huge market for that that is untapped.

you could become a billionaire!

Back