The China Pearl Inn part 7

Seems very weird the boys are now assigned to SRR and based in the UK especially as the NRR group have to get them up to speed before they go here, there, God knows where!

Good reports coming back from Europe and as I was Robyn’s sponsoring Officer I’m proud to say she’s been mentioned in the first reports.

Thank you for advising her CG as you advised me.

I take it that it was a positive note HSG. I am pleased to hear that Robyn is doing well with her assignment. Orders to hold until relieved is never a comforting thought. As far as advice well it is better than learning the hard way HSG.;)

My Boyfriend, Doctor Ross told me today he would love to one day work in this unit. He said he would love me to join him. Our conversation went like this:-

Ross ‘You’d be great working with these guys’.

Me ‘I’d have to leave NRR and join the US Forces as an American Citizen’

Ross ‘That can be arranged.’

Me ‘How?’

Ross ‘If you marry an American you can apply for Dual Nationality.’

Me ‘I’m happy in NRR’

Ross ‘I’m not saying leave right now but maybe 4 or 5 years time. But you can still marry an American Army Doctor’.

I didn’t know how to react so he said ‘I don’t expect an answer right now. But think about it!’

O and the unit? Look at this:-

https://youtu.be/E9BhY6Wteb8

Meanwhile we’ll be watching ‘Our Girl’ on TV tonight. Some of us might show up as ‘Extras’

My if this keeps up The NRR will be truly multi-national with all you gals married to US military personal:eek:

Sounds like your Dr. is getting series young lady ;)

My Boyfriend, Doctor Ross told me today he would love to one day work in this unit. He said he would love me to join him. Our conversation went like this:-

Ross ‘You’d be great working with these guys’.

Me ‘I’d have to leave NRR and join the US Forces as an American Citizen’

Ross ‘That can be arranged.’

Me ‘How?’

Me ‘I’m happy in NRR’

Ross ‘I’m not saying leave right now but maybe 4 or 5 years time. But you can still marry an American Army Doctor’.

I didn’t know how to react so he said ‘I don’t expect an answer right now. But think about it!’

O and the unit? Look at this:-

https://youtu.be/E9BhY6Wteb8

Meanwhile we’ll be watching ‘Our Girl’ on TV tonight. Some of us might show up as ‘Extras’

OMG! Wait until LS, SF & Luv2bfkd read this! Lol!

I can hear the cry ‘Lock up the US Military. THE BRITS ARE COMING!’

Had another great day in theatre and post operative care. Spoke to three young recently graduated nurses about Army life. I think we might get some applications! On my way back home - I hear my hubby has been on mufti manoeuvres with SRR.

CG, I heard from HSG, seems RTY is doing well. I remember your advice to me when I was doing this!

Good grief. There goes another one... :D

I know you Brits used to own the east coast, but it looks like you are trying to take over the entire country. Of course at the rate of one person at a time, this could take a while. :rolleyes:

The usual Tuesday here. Took the trash down the hill and picked up the mail. Saw the mule deer that has been hanging around the area. I am surprised it is alone. Last spring it was a family of four. Saw a skeleton hanging from a tree and some deflated pumpkins in another yard. We don't go in much for decorations or trick or treating around there. The houses are too far apart and there aren't many children. I suspect they go into town where the pickings are better. Autumn has arrived. The cottonwood is gold, the ficus is brown and in town the few maples are red. It is warm outside and cool inside. I have the window open to see if I can warm up the inside.

On my "to do" list is to have someone come clear the brush from around the house and maybe buy a floor heater that looks like a fireplace. It will give me the atmosphere of a burning fire, without the mess or having to drag in wood and it isn't supposed to dry out the air like a real fire would. Problem is there are too many choices.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Glad I could be of some help G G. Somethings never really change just the equipment we have to ggget the job done.

It was a outstanding autumn day here in my White Mountains. The hills are a blaze of reds, golds, and oranges. Still warmer than normal but the temps are coming down to normal levels, it just makes you feel glad to be alive.

Oh I dunno about that. Those ladies can come abduct me any day. Only if GG is wearing her nurse outfit though.

snickers.

Kidding on that, just wanted to poke GG.

Well CG, the drinks are on me ... I’ve said ‘YES!’ No date yet because as a member of the British Army I have to get formal permission from Her Majesty. I don’t know what Top Brass will think having already lost GG and HSG on the brink but hey ho!

Thanks for all your good greetings and the support you show to us at NRR. You’re the best, the VERY BEST!

Well CG, the drinks are on me ... I’ve said ‘YES!’ No date yet because as a member of the British Army I have to get formal permission from Her Majesty. I don’t know what Top Brass will think having already lost GG and HSG on the brink but hey ho!

Thanks for all your good greetings and the support you show to us at NRR. You’re the best, the VERY BEST!

Congratulation's Rose:rose::kiss::rose:

Yes Congratulations Sergeant. You’re a good soldier and an excellent nurse now you’re going to be a good wife.

My last day on the cardiac ward tomorrow I’m with paramedics. CG you’re going to have to lock up your nation’s son’s. Seems we mean business.

LovingFingers, hi my friend, miss you.

FHD, how you doing pal? Keeping well I hope.

Wait a minute! That wasn't a real proposal!!! That was a discussion for the future. You need to have him actually ASK the question.

That is a statement of fact. Not a question that requires an answer and most certainly not a proposal.

Doctor Ross told me today he would love to one day work in this unit. He said he would love me to join him. Our conversation went like this:

He loves the unit. He would love you to join him. Where is the he loves YOU???

Have people gone back to business arrangements rather than marrying for love?

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you. I just want a question to go with your answer. :)

Yes Congratulations Sergeant. You’re a good soldier and an excellent nurse now you’re going to be a good wife.

My last day on the cardiac ward tomorrow I’m with paramedics. CG you’re going to have to lock up your nation’s son’s. Seems we mean business.

LovingFingers, hi my friend, miss you.

FHD, how you doing pal? Keeping well I hope.

It sure looks like that G G. But here again its how the bonds of service can become more.;)

Wait a minute! That wasn't a real proposal!!! That was a discussion for the future. You need to have him actually ASK the question.

That is a statement of fact. Not a question that requires an answer and most certainly not a proposal.

He loves the unit. He would love you to join him. Where is the he loves YOU???

Have people gone back to business arrangements rather than marrying for love?

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you. I just want a question to go with your answer. :)

Sharingfantasies, my friend, my dear caring friend. Thank you for your concern, the girls are right about you, you are very special.

Doctor Ross said he never believed in the 'falling in love' thing as he calls it. But now it has actually happened to him and he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He said he wants me to be his wife.

Officially I need the Queen's permission and Ross has initiated the official request.

But thank you for your care.

LF, thank you too. And FHD thanks for your E Mail. I'll reply in a day or so.

CG, I'll post tomorrow, lots of work to be getting on with.

Sharingfantasies, my friend, my dear caring friend. Thank you for your concern, the girls are right about you, you are very special.

Doctor Ross said he never believed in the 'falling in love' thing as he calls it. But now it has actually happened to him and he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He said he wants me to be his wife.

Officially I need the Queen's permission and Ross has initiated the official request.

To be fair Rose, you are an easy person to love. He was kinda at a steep disadvantage from the start. :D

This is true. From what I can tell, all male Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to the British female. :D

This is true.

We’ll accept your immediate unconditional surrender!

We’re back in Britain now having successfully ‘Held Until Relieved’ ((HUR). The first day was very difficult but we had a small unit of the USAF attached and we were able to call in air support to slow the ‘enemy’ down.

We weren’t expected to ‘win’ but we did contain the advance of the ‘enemy’ until reinforcements arrived. Now the difficult bit comes - we have to write up what we did and then go for debrief on Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile I add my congratulations to Sergeant Rose and Doctor Ross, so happy for you.

Robyn I won’t surrender as I enjoy the struggle to be so darkly exciting so come do your worst Miss.:devil:ish :D

Sounds like things went well for you on your field maneuvers. I am glad you got some air support it can make all the difference. So now the avalanche of reports that have to be written starts. What worked, what didn’t, things to consider in future ops, and lessons learned. Good luck Robyn. ;)

Back