The Walking Dead IC

Mathilda

Nikki wanted to sleep in the hotel, Mathilda would love to sleep in a bed, but she didn't want to be that far from the car. Her backpack was in it, her sack with wool and cotton. That she could do without though. She knew she would survive without her things, but with them it would be easier. Jack would stay. Maybe she should too.

A bit helpless she looked around as Patrick and Sarah started to quarrel. Her needles moved faster as Sarah left.

"I had enough water," she said softly to Jack. "Did you have dinner? There is some on the counter. Add some dried onions and carrots to it, it tastes a lot better that way. Less salty."

Pat followed his daughter.

"I'll sleep here too," Matilda decided. "I'll get the cats."

Slowly she moved into a kneeling position, stretched her back before she stood up and went to the office. At the door to the ladies restroom she paused. Should she go outside, or in here? In here, she decided. She didn't feel safe outside, especially at night, even if Nikki told her there were only some raccoons around. Hovering over the seat, she emptied her bladder. With one of her last wet wipes she cleaned herself. First her face and her hands, then the rest.

Three minutes later she was back in the store room with the cats. She put the box on the ground, put the new one beside it, settled down against the counter and watched momma cat move around.

"I think I'll just call her momma," she whispered.
 
Since everyone turned in for the night, Nikki got up and grabbed her gear from the vehicle, and went into a room in the hotel, followed by Shadow. Still not fully trusting the others, she stood the dresser on its side and pushed it up against the door. Then she stacked more furniture in front of it.

Then climbing under a bed, she cut a hole in the wall just big enough to squeeze through. Once she climbed through she pulled her gear into the room as well. Securing the door in this room as well, she pulled the mattress off the bed laying it on the nside away from the door.

Then climbing under the bed, once more she cut a hole into the next room where clip clop was sleeping. Checking on him put her mind at ease a bit. Finally able to remove the poncho, and put on some niuce clean clothes that had finally dried, after she washed them just a few hours ago. She was amazed no one had commented on her outfit or noticed she was pretty much naked under it.

Her Tomahamk was on the floor to her left and pistol to her right. as she fell into a light sleep.
 
After seeing that the others had reached the source of the cries in the night before he'd gotten there, had cleared the walkers, and he saw that the newcomers were not overtly hostile. Nick backed off, keeping silent, and returned back towards the gas station.

He had to admit, being with the group was somewhat comforting in the sense that more bodies meant more security, but there were other complications he had to sort out in his mind. He was not yet ready to trust the group yet. They seemed peaceful towards other survivors thus far, but his time of isolation had both left him a bit mistrustful and with difficulty relating to others now that it was available. He watched the others as they came back together, some talking among themselves, sharing a few hesitant smiles with each other, and displaying guardedly relaxed demeanors. Nick found himself envying the ease in which the others seemed to be able to incorporate themselves back into a group dynamic...he couldn't bring himself to get close yet. He'd seen too many people he'd been close to die horribly for that.

Also, he'd seen decisions made tonight that made him a bit dubious of the fact that they'd be able to avoid notice...both by walkers or other groups of survivors that might be hostile. He'd survived thus far by escaping notice...he'd avoided danger and only sought it when the need outweighed the risks. Obviously, some of the folk in this group were loaded for bear with firepower and supplies...would they avoid danger or try to overpower it?

Nick decided he would head to one of the hotel rooms, on the end of the building, somewhat apart from the others. He was still playing out in his mind whether or not the events of this evening were a boon or a burden. As the others gathered, he quietly gathered his gear, and walked to the hotel.

Nick cautiously opened the door to the room, and with his hatchet in one hand and a flashlight in the other, he entered. To his relief, he found the main room to be abandoned...no walkers inside, no half eaten corpses on the floor...the room had been unoccupied for a long time. There were signs that someone had left the room in a hurry, however. Clothes strewn around the floor. A forgotten duffel bag over in the corner, partially lying underneath one of the twin beds. The bed unmade, covers thrown to the bottom of the mattress. Bathroom door open...

Looking in the bathroom, he again saw that there was no danger, and more evidence of the previous occupant making a hasty retreat. The sink was full of cold water, and an array of toiletries lay neatly on the stand next to the sink. Shaving cream...a razor...battery powered trimmer...toothbrush...mouthwash...travel-sized soap, toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner...aftershave...all left behind.

Nick walked back out into the main room, and reached into his pack, pulling out his zippo and a few candles he'd scrounged previously. He lit them, placing two in the main room and two more in the bathroom, and then made sure the curtains were drawn so as to not let the flickering candlelight act as a beacon for anyone outside. He also locked and latched deadbolt on the door to his room. He began scrounging through the contents of the main room, first picking up the clothes on the floor. With all the weight he'd lost over the winter, they'd be a bit baggy on him, but they'd do. Though wrinkled, they seemed clean, and given the dirt, grime, and blood-caked condition of what he wore now, they were a definite upgrade.

It was when going through the duffel bag, that he found the true treasure. Whoever had been in this room before him had been a junk food lover. It was filled unopened bags of potato chips, corn chips, beef jerky, candy, and various other treats. He let out an exclamation of joy as he poured the contents out on the bed.

He noticed there was also a small mini-fridge in the room. Nick walked over and opened it, and immediately gagged at the smell. Most of the food in there was rotten...lunch meat, a moldy loaf of bread, and a few unrecognizable items, too covered in decay to identify...but he did find a six pack of root beer, two cans of Coke, and three bottles of Corona. Atop the fridge was a half drank bottle of Jack Daniels and an opened package of red plastic cups, with only a few missing. He gathered what could be salvaged, and brought it to the bed as well, quickly closing the fridge before the smell of the decomposing food could spread through the room.

After returning everything to the duffel bag but the meal he would soon be enjoying...one cup of Jack Daniels, a can of Coke, a bag of Doritos, and a package of beef jerky...Nick walked into the bathroom. In the flickering light, he got the first real look at himself he'd had in months...and was shocked.

"My God," he whispered to himself, not believing what his eyes were showing him, "Is that me?"

He'd once been a handsome man, but it was hard to see that now. His face was much thinner than it had been, and was lined with road-dust and grime. He'd been a bit overweight...about twenty pounds overweight...before the outbreak began. Now, his features looked almost skull-like in comparison, the skin stretched over his cheekbones, his eyes seeming like deep set hollows. A wild beard, where before, if not fully clean-shaven, he'd at most always kept a well groomed goatee. Long, unruly hair he had to push out of his eyes to get a better look at himself. He was barely recognizable as himself. Numb with shock, he looked down at himself, and then to the sink of water and the grooming supplies neatly on the stand before him...and began to undress.

"I need to clean up," he thought. He couldn't remember the last time he'd washed. He stood before the sink, naked, and after reaching out to pick up the hand towel still hanging on the wall, began to wash away the grime last few months...and with it, the layers of what he'd had to become.

As he worked, a strong realization overtook him. He could not remain the person he'd become over the past few months...he didn't want to. He didn't want to be alone anymore.

In the morning, he would join the group...would speak to them, and get to know everyone. He would not forget his family...he would always grieve for them...but he had to move on. Move on, and not just survive...but LIVE. Tonight was his rebirth. Life would be hard...still full of danger and fear, with the possibility of death around every corner...but he would no longer wallow in despair and act like he was already dead. Not anymore. He had to take a chance...to start down the road back to the man he once had been.

After finishing cleaning himself up, he blew out the candles in the bathroom, leaving his old clothes on the floor and walking back into the main room. He quickly put on some of the clean clothes he'd gathered, placing the remaining changes of clothes he could fit into his pack. Sitting on the mattress, he took a long drink of the whiskey he'd poured earlier, savoring the taste. He found contentment for the first time in a long time.

Tomorrow would be a new day...and for the first time since before this all started, it'd be one he found himself looking forward to...
 
Jack followed Mathilda's suggestion on adding to the food on the counter. The meal was decent for what they had to work with, so he couldn't complain. He was quiet during the little exchange about where everyone would be, shaking his head a little. Well, he couldn't blame them for their choices of comfort, but most everyone had chosen comfort over safety.

He gave a smile to Mathlida when she returned with the cat family.

"I'm not one to judge the others, but I'm surprised none of them thought of setting up some sort of watch rotation, or any thing else in case trouble arises. I really doubt those cans on a string can be heard across the street in those rooms. Ah well. If you need anything, talk, company, or anything else, I'll be out on the truck keeping watch for a bit."

He made his way to the door, pausing for a moment to make sure she was good for the time being. Outside he climbed up on top the top of the truck, sitting down in front of the torrent with his feet on the hood. Yawning for a moment, he didn't think he would stay up on watch for long.
 
Aaron Hawkins had been watching the commotion since the group had shown up and parked between the gas station and the motel. As per usual he hadn't been noticed, but once he saw some of them deciding to spend the night in the motel he knew there was a chance he would be heard, seen, or worse. Looking around at his dwindling supplies he made a decision. He gathered the few gallons of water, canned fruits and veggies, beef jerky and dry food together, putting them near the boarded door to the room. He looked out the window in time to see someone walk past his room, looking ready to knock on a door. Aaron closed the curtain, hoping he wasn't seen. He sat down in a nearby chair, and grabbed his hatchet just in case.
 
Mathilda

"I'm not one to judge the others, but I'm surprised none of them thought of setting up some sort of watch rotation, or any thing else in case trouble arises. I really doubt those cans on a string can be heard across the street in those rooms. Ah well. If you need anything, talk, company, or anything else, I'll be out on the truck keeping watch for a bit." Jack said and walked out the door.

A little while Mathilda watched the cats. Momma was now checking out the new box and the kittens moved around in the old one, woken because Momma left them alone.
Tenderly Mathilda picked up the darkest and biggest one. She caressed it and kissed its ear, drawing in a deep breath of clean cat-fur. The kitten licked her chin and Mathilda giggled. She turned it around in her hand.

"A little guy. Now what shall we call you? For the moment guy will have to do, I am too tired to think of a name for you now. I'll ask the others tomorrow morning. Say hello to your Momma." She put it in his new home and picked the there kitten up. A girl, she saw when she checked. She cuddled it a few moments and then put her in with with her mother and brother.

As tired as she was, Mathilda knew she wouldn't fall asleep if she lied down now. At least she needed something to put her head on. Taking up her knitting from the floor in one hand, her spear in the other, she went out to the truck. In the door of the shop she paused a moment. It was dark outside, and it would stay that way for a while since the night still was very young. The stars twinkled and the moon reflected some soft light on the earth, making the night less hostile.

"I would like some company and talk," she said softly, directed at the dark form on top of the car. "We need a name for a tom-cat and a lady-cat tomorrow. I know it is not the most sane thing to name an animal you might need to butcher one day, but until that day I'd like to pretend we have them just to hunt mice and to cuddle with."

She leaned against the hood.

"About keeping a watch. I think they all just have been on their own for too long. We always had guards before we broke up camp when the winter started. When we found the little hamlet Peter and I shared watches during the night until the Bikers moved in. Then there were more people to keep watch. I got so used to it, I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep more than two or four hours in a run. Maybe tomorrow night, if we stay together, we'll set up a schedule?"
 
Nick had always been a very organized person...he inventoried his possessions every night so he'd know what he'd need to look to restock in the morning. Having to scavenge supplies to survive, he'd found it best to be prepared. After enjoying his makeshift meal and downing the cup of Jack Daniels, Nick looked over his supplies, taking stock of what he had.

Food and drink to subsist for a couple days now, thanks to treasure trove duffel bag in the motel room, what he'd scavenged earlier in the gas station, and his water canteen.

He'd earlier gathered the hygiene supplies from the bathroom after cleaning and had added them to his pack. A few changes of clothes...the ones he'd had previously, and the new ones he'd found in the room. His ski mask and winter gloves, which, as the weather warmed, he realized he'd likely use less and less as time went on. His boots were still in decent shape, but those would have to be replaced before too long.

He did keep one other item of clothing he had been wearing previously...his old leather jacket, which hung next to the door. It was warm, with a thick removable lining, and it had kept him from freezing many nights over the past couple months. He'd gotten it for Father's day two years ago, and he carried his wallet inside it, close to his heart. Most of the stuff in the wallet was useless, but all the pictures of his family that he had left were inside it.

His weapons...the Beretta and his .30/.30, both fully loaded, with a partial box of ammunition left for each. He'd have to look for more soon. His hatchet and makeshift belt loop. His hunting knife. His zippo, a few packs of matches, some fishing line...and a bunch of other small odds and ends he'd found useful.

Nick re-packed everything efficiently into his backpack, and placed it...as well as the newly found duffel bag...next to the door near where his rifle had been propped. He kept the Beretta on him for easy access.

After all this was done, he again sat on the bed, weariness and the drink beginning to overtake him. The candlelight flickered on the bed stand near the bed, and Nick noticed the drawer was partially open. He opened it fully. A small amused smile reached his lips. Reaching into the drawer, he pulled out its contents...something found in every hotel room he'd ever stayed in. A bible. On a whim, he opened it, thumbing through its pages.

Nick had never been an overly religious man...as a child, he'd been raised Lutheran, but as he grew older, he had not been a regular attendee of church. He'd also become more and more skeptical with age...at best, a believer in the abstract, with a distrust of the motives of organized religion.

Still, as his gaze locked on the Book of Revelations, and scanned over the text describing the end of days, where the dead would walk the earth, it gave Nick pause.

"Maybe there's something to all this after all," Nick thought to himself, chuckling ruefully.

He closed the bible, about to place the it back in the drawer...and then hesitated. He held it in his hands and looked down at the cover for a few long moments, lost in thought...and then, as if reaching a decision, he got up and added the bible to his backpack.

"Better safe, than sorry," he mumbled to himself, closing the pack.

With that, Nick returned to the bed, blew out the candles, and lay down. Within a few moments, he was asleep.
 
It was early in the morning when Jessa stirred from sleep. She sat up in the bed and looked around the hotel room. Everything looked normal, almost as if the situation outside of the hotel room was just a bad dream. When she had chosen this hotel room the day before, the room was a mess with clothes, trash, and even some random supplies thrown all over the place. The best thing that she found in the room... books!

It had been a while since she had slept in a bed so she couldn't pass up the chance. However, she knew that she had to clean the place up, and even put clean sheets on the bed. Thankfully she remembered, from the days that her mother worked as a housekeeper, that most hotels keep a fresh set of sheets and a cover in the bathroom closet. After cleaning the room and making the bed, she had pushed the dresser in front of the door to keep any unwelcome visitors from joining her.

She moved from the bed and walked over to the window to glance out from the side. She didn't see anything just yet but she knew other people had arrived. In fact, she had arrived at the hotel just an hour or so before everyone else started arriving. There was a couple of times that she almost felt compelled to go help them, but thankfully they had managed on their own. She had decided to go on to bed and worry about the group when morning came. Well, morning was here, and she still hadn't made her decision as to whether she should leave before anyone knew of her presence or if she should just walk up and introduce herself.

"I guess I'll just wing it," she said quietly to herself.

With that decided, she busied herself with packing up her belongings. That consisted of some new clothes that she had found, some snacks, batteries, and some of those push lights that you could turn on and off just by pushing down on them... those came in handy. With that done, she went to the bathroom to take a quick cool shower and put on fresh clothes. After grabbing a granola bar from her bag, she pushed the dresser away from the door. She stood on her tip toes to look outside. It looked like the coast was clear so she slowly opened the door and stepped out into the sunlight.

The warmth of the morning sun felt so good after a good night's rest that she couldn't resist closing her eyes and lifting her face up to the sky. That one moment of peace brought a hint of a smile to her lips. Moments like this were few and far between.. there wasn't much to smile about since her mother's death.
 
Last edited:
Aaron stirred as he heard the sound of movement in a nearby room. Opening his eyes he saw the sun was up and noticed he had fallen asleep. Stretching slightly and throwing some water on his face he looked out and saw it was clear, and that the people that showed up yesterday hadn't left yet. He took a crowbar to the board on the door and forced it off, opening the front door for the first time in months, then checked the hole in the wall on the other side of the room which he had been using to get in and out as needed through the winter. Aaron felt he needed to at least show himself to these people, just in case, but knew to have an escape plan just in case. He was tired of being holed up alone, and was ready to have some company.

Stepping out of the door, his hatchet hanging from his left side, his handgun tucked on his right he took in a breath of air, then stepped to the left as he saw the door to the room two doors down on the right open and saw a young woman step outside and smile as she turned her face up to the sun. Aaron caught himself surveying her body and turned his head slightly before he was seen, running his hand through his hair. It had been a long time since he'd had anything resembling a woman near him that wasn't already dead and trying to kill him. He coughed slightly, audibly, in order to be noticed and then caught the young woman's hazel eyes.

"Good morning miss." He nodded over towards the gas station and the truck parked there where he had seen someone climb in last night, "I saw you come in before they did, don't mind me I stuck out the winter here. Guess we both decided to say hi, huh."
 
Jessa's hand flew to the dagger that she kept attached to her side as soon as she heard the cough. Her head spun to see the man standing there, she mentally cursed herself for dropping her guard. Rather than drawing the dagger from it's sheath, she simply rested her hand on the hilt.

She nodded a wary greeting to the man, taking in details that may tell her more about the person and what she could expect from him.

"Good morning," she answered, "I hadn't really decided whether I wanted to stay or head back out onto the road. You've been here all winter? I guess this is a pretty good place to hole up for the colder months. Sorry if I intruded into your territory, I checked a few rooms before picking mine and didn't see any signs of people staying here." She said, forcing herself to relax just a little bit.

This wasn't the first time she'd come across a survivor. She had ran into quite a few, both good and bad. She just didn't want to stay with them long enough to form any bonds. It was a bit lonely, but so far it had been the best thing for her.

"Have there been other people staying here with you or are you alone?" She asked, slightly curious, but not wanting to sound nosy.
 
Aaron watched as he saw the young womans hand fly to her dagger, but not pull it. Taking mental note of her wariness, knowing this meant she probably has seen some things he answered her question.

"Yes, I've been here all winter." Aaron put his hands against the railing and leaned slightly, looking out across the parking lot but keeping wary of movement. "Don't worry about intruding either, I may have stayed here but it was a lesser of two evils, I'm not possessive of the motel. I've done okay for myself this winter, the dead have been thin. Cold keeps them lethargic, freezes them sometimes too, but they have started to thaw out and they are just as deadly."

Aaron stretched his arms above his thread, feeling his back pop a little, then turned his head back to the woman.

"As for staying here or moving on, this isn't a bad place to stick a while if you need to, I spent a few cold days stabbing dead heads when I found them, so things should be quiet around town for a little bit. I saw the people at the gas station have some trouble, I didn't see them pull up until they had went in. I could have yelled at them that I managed to trap a few dead in there the day before last."
 
Jessa nodded absentmindedly and looked out at the world around her, taking in the gas station across the street. There didn't seem to be anyone else moving around. She wasn't sure how many had came to the hotel after her, but from what she did witness she was sure they could handle themselves fairly well. Apparently, so could the guy standing near her.

"It seemed like they had everything under control. You may have distracted them if you had yelled, and that probably wouldn't have been the best idea. I wouldn't worry about it," she said in an attempt to assure the guy.

"I'm Jessa by the way," she introduced, feeling a little awkward all of a sudden. That always happened when she introduced herself. She wasn't sure whether she should put her hand out to shake hands or what.
 
Aaron smiled slightly at the introduction and nodded. "My name is Aaron, its nice to meet you Jessa."

Looking across the parking lot at the yet sleeping strangers he shrugged slightly.

"Looks like we're the early risers of the bunch. If you'd like I have some beef jerky and a couple water bottles. May not be bacon and oj, but its something to get started with."

Aaron reached into his room, grabbing a backpack of supplies, and pulling out two bottles of water and a couple of sealed beef jerky strips. He offered a bottle and a jerky strip to Jessa.

"Consider this a welcoming gift, if you wish." He said, smiling.
 
Mathilda

After she exchanged a few words with Jack, Mathilda climbed in the car and undid the clasps which attached her sleeping bag to her backpack. Back in the store she sat down beside the cats, undid all eight clasps on her sleeping bag, and rolled it out. The thin foam mattress she had sewn to it immediately unfolded. Mathilda sighed. It had seemed such a good idea when she made it, and it was much better to sleep on than just on the floor or the ground, but it was a hard job to roll it in a tiny as possible roll again. At first she had just three bands and clasps on it, but the foam bulged out in a most hideous way and made the roll very bulky. Too bulky to attach to her backpack, and so she had added more bands, which she had made out off belts she had found.

The last clasp she stroked before she undid it. It had been her husband's favorite belt.

She took her shoes off, slipped in the sleeping bag and listened to the cats and the soft crackling of the fire in the metal paper basket. It was dwindling down. The shadows in the room got deeper. The cats purred and one little one made the most funny snoring sounds.

In her mind she went over the day. For the longest time not much else than putting one foot in front of the other had happened but then Nikki had appeared on Clip Clop. And a whole bunch of walkers had followed her. They had dealt with them well. No-one was wounded, no one had shown the fear Mathilda felt. She wondered if they would stay for a few days, she wondered if she wanted to stay with the group. If you could call a bunch of strangers who just met a group.

Mathilda slept lightly. She heard a few noises once in a while, but Momma never panicked or hissed so she felt safe enough each time to doze off again.

Soft mewing woke her. Carefully she opened one eye, grabbed her spear. It was morning, sun light flooded the room. Silently she got up, opened Momma a can and spooned some cat food out on one off the wraps of yesterday's dinner. She then put her shoes back on and visited the toilet.

With her second to last wet wipe she cleaned herself.

All was quiet. She rolled her bed roughly and sat down upon it. She drank some water, and gave Momma some. Now what? Should she wake the others? She decided not to, and started knitting on the cats' blanket.
 
Nikki

Nikki's eytes shot open, wondering how ling she had been asleep. SHe hadn't had a full night of sleep since she left the4 farmhouse all those months ago.

Looking around the events of yesterday came flooding back. Climbing out of bed she peered throughg the edge of the motel room curtain and looked outside. IT wa sas peacefule as a apocolypse can be.

Leaving her gear hiddedn in the room she was in, she crawled back through the other rooms with just her pistol and knife. Once eshe wa sin the room she entered, she quietly opened the door.

The sun was just peeking over the horizon, giving enough light to see by, but not enough to easily be seen. She drew in a breath of fresh air, and gagged forgetting about the burned corpses the night before. Taking a swig of water to wash her mouth out, she stretched and went and got Clip Clop out.

Leading him to an overgrown field next to the hotel, she let him loose to eat while Shadow trailed behind her. Nikki sat against a tree and waited for the others to awaken.

After about a half hour, she heard voices at the motel, and went to say good morning to her companions. Stopping she realized these were two new people she didn't know and they had just come out of rooms in the motel. Cursing herself for the fool, leaving behind her provisions, she knew better. She Hide behind a tree she looked around to see if there was anyone to back her up.

It looked like those in the motel were still asleep, or dead, so she had to make it to the gas station where some people stayed the night. Watching carefully, she began to slither through the tall grass watching for lurkers and hoping she could make it without being seen.
 
As he reached out to Jessa with the water and jerky Aaron thought he caught some movement in the tall grass near the motel and peered towards it, but lost sight of whatever it was. Thinking it may have been a feral cat, or some other animal, he brushed it off for the moment. It was then that he saw the walker a little farther out in the field moving towards the motel.

"Jessa, do you have anything you can hit a long range shot with that is quiet? There is a dead head in the field at our 2 o'clock. Don't want to startle the rest and we certainly don't need to make enough noise to literally wake the dead."
 
Jessa accepted the jerky and bottle of water even though she had already eaten a granola bar because she didn't want to seem rude.

"Thanks Aaron, and nice to meet you too," she said and took a bite of the jerky. Like Aaron, she thought she had caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye, but when she looked she couldn't see anything... living that is. She had spotted the walker at almost the same time that Aaron mentioned it. She was torn between going after it or just letting it be. It wasn't at the hotel, so it didn't really pose a danger to her yet. That's when she remembered the small group that had came to the hotel right after her. By the time any of them woke and walked outside, it might be here already.. and they weren't on guard it could get them... and could she really deal with the guilt that would flood her since she could have stopped it? She didn't think so. She sighed and put the water bottle in her bag, but kept her eyes on the walker. Her gaze only left the walker long enough to take in the area around it, deciding the best way to go. Deciding on the best route to take, she returned her gaze to the walker.Almost absentmindedly, her hand went to the larger dagger at her side.. her finger tips tapping it.

"No.. I've never really liked guns. I'll be back. It only looks like one so it shouldn't be so bad." She told Aaron without taking her gaze from the walker. She climbed up on the railing (I think they're on the second floor.. right?), then jumped. She landed on her feet, and while the landing did send a bit of pain up through her legs, it didn't faze her because she had done that very often.

She straightened up, took the dagger into her hand and began following the route that she had chosen. She moved as soundlessly and quickly as possible. Anyone that would have seen her would have probably been reminded of a lioness in pursuit of her prey. Of course, Jessa had to keep her senses sharp just in case there was other walkers near by. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to case the area after she took care of this walker, just to be sure that he didn't have any "friends" traveling with him. Jessa remembered what her mom had always said about cockroaches and rats: "Where there's one, there's probably more".. Jessa felt that also applied to walkers.

Within minutes, Jessa was right on the tail of the walker. It must have caught her scent and turned. "Good morning," she said and rammed her dagger into it's head. She let the walker fall to the ground and wiped the blood off her dagger and looked around. With that threat taken care of, she began scouting around close to the hotel for other walkers.

"Seek and ye shall find..." she mumbled to herself with a sigh. Not too far away from where she was standing, she spotted a small hoard of walkers coming from the same direction that the one must have came from. She knew she could probably take down two or three by herself.. but there was at least three more.

"Well crap," she grumbled. She realized her best chance of surviving was to run back toward the hotel and pray that maybe Aaron was still looking.. or someone else was there.. ready to help her. If nothing else, she'd attempt to take care of the hoard by herself. If she was going to go down, at least she would go down fighting. So that's what she did.. she turned around and began running back toward the hotel.
 
Mathilda

Soft voices coming from the motel caught Mathilda's attention. Softly she got up, grabbed her spear and went to the door expecting to see some of the group.

Hidden behind the army truck she saw two people she hadn't seen the night before standing on the second floor balcony of the motel. Clip Clop was in the field beside the motel, quietly grazing.

Suddenly one of the people climbed the railing and jumped down. Mathilda gasped. She clutched her spear harder. The person, she thought it was a woman, moved through the field, not towards her, not towards the truck and she relaxed her grip. She followed the woman with her eyes. As Mathilda noticed a walker in the distance and realized the woman was heading right at it, she took a step forward, half showing herself from behind the truck, ready to call out at the woman and warn her. Just then some ripples in the field caught her attention. Shadow?

Mathilda took another step forward. She watched the woman do mercy to the walker.

Expecting to see the woman come back, Mathilda relaxed again. She didn't though, and Mathilda watched her closely, afraid she would take Clip Clop. Then a group of walkers emerged ... Mathilda held her breath. Now what?

The woman seemed to think the same, and after a few seconds turned and ran back to the motel, the walkers following her.

"Walkers! Seven!" Mathilda shouted and emerged from behind the truck.
 
Watching the woman jump from the balcony, she watched as she moved past her and took out the walker that was stalking her. Considering her options, she debated capturing the woman when she heard a moan. Looking around she saw the approaching walkers.

Making a decison to trust the woman Nikki hissed "Get down before they see you. we can take them from behind." As she heard Mathilda alert some others.
 
"Walkers! Seven!" Jessa heard someone yell up ahead. She silently thanked her lucky stars, but she didn't stop running. She was close to the road when she heard another voice tell her to get down. She hesitated only a moment, but did as the other woman had suggested. She nodded a silent thanks to the lady as she waited for the walkers to make their way pass. The waiting was agonizing... but finally the last zombie was right in front of where Jessa was hiding.

She took her dagger and rammed it into the skull of the zombie. Without hesitating, she pushed that walker away and reached for the next closest, grabbing it by the shirt and pulled it toward her, only to pull the skull into her dagger.

One or two of the zombies were turning around toward her and the other woman, but the others were continuing on toward the hotel.
 
Last edited:
"Fuckers don't kno3w shit about tactics" Nikki mumbled under her breath as she watched the woman run off and abondon her. She had watched Clip Clop sense danger and run back towards the motel. Shadow who had been out hunting for food made an apperance and was laying in the grass next to Nikki waiting for her command to attack.

The walkers approached and started to pass her when a knife flew into the lead walkers head dropping him right next to her.

Nikki took the throwing knife from its head and wiped it off on the walkers filthy clothes. Noticing that it used to be a cop, she quickly searched it for keys weapons anything she could use. SOmone had removed it's sam browne belt so no weapons, but there was a set of keys in one pocket. Taking those, she then stood up and walked up to the last walker and rammed her knife through the ear and into the brain. letting it fall she fell to the grass as well in case any of the others turned.

Shadow had grabbed one by the leg and Nikki quicky crawled over to it and went to take it down. This one Swung its arm wildly and knocked Nikki down, her arm hit the ground first knocking her kinfe out of reeach. Losing its balance it fell on top of her and tried to bite her throat. Shadow still had a hold of her leg and was trying to pull it off of his partner. Nikki was laying on top of her pistol so she was unarmed and in danger of being bitten.

"Help me!" Nikki screamed in fear as she tried to hold the walkers mouth away from her. Her screams attracted teh remaining walkers and they headed for her, seeing an easy meal. "Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" she chanted wondering if help would arrive in time.
 
Mathilda

Her shout had not distracted the wakers, they still followed the woman. Suddenly she fell down. Immediately Mathilda moved forward, waving her arms.

The walkers were more attracted to her than to the woman on the ground. Her eyes fixated on the walkers Mathilda waited until they were close, all the while waving her arms. When only twenty meters parted them from her, she started to walk backwards until she felt the bumper of the truck against the back of her knee. Then she turned, dove back behind the truck and inside the store, pushing the door close behind her.

With all her might she turned the doorknob, until she finally heard it click. She pulled at the door, and found it locked. Picking up the carton with the cats, she ran to the office, put the box down and closed the door. Shaking she leaned against it. Faintly she heard someone call for help.

Mathilda put her ear against the door, and listened carefully. When she heard nothing she opened it, slipped out, and closed it behind her. With a few steps she crossed the storage room and stood at the open backdoor.

No walkers were around. She left the building and pulled the door shut before she ran to the corner. Wakers were moving back down the street, towards someone lying on the ground, fighting a waker and screaming "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!"

"Stop screaming!" Mathilda yelled, waving her arms.
 
Last edited:
Aaron watched cautiously as Jessa took down the dead head they had seen in the distance, but when she started running he took her lead and ran along the railing towards the field to a section where the railing had fallen away and jumped from the second floor. Just as he made his way across the parking lot he saw her drop down and heard someone shout "Walkers! SEVEN!" Gritting his teeth Aaron grabbed his hatchet and ran towards where Jessa had disappeared, making a desperate toss of a knife towards the head of the dead in the lead and happy it hit home. Just then he saw Jessa pop up and take down a couple of the dead near her.

Aaron swung his hatchet, catching the nearest target at the temple making it drop. It was then he heard someone else in the grass scream "Help me!" and turned. He saw a woman pinned, with a dog trying to pull the dead off of her as it tried to bite. Meanwhile another woman nearby yelled at her to stop screaming. Not trusting another lucky throw he ran up and grabbed the back of the tattered shirt it wore and slammed the hatchet in the back of its head, shoving its limp body to the side. Looking down he nodded to the woman and extended a hand.

"Hell of an introduc-"

Before Aaron could finish his thought another yell rang out "MORE WALKERS... COMING UP FROM BEHIND!" Aaron winced with a thought - shit has hit the fan.

"Well ma'am, intros later, we got dead heads."
 
awakened

Steven was awoken by loud screams coming from the outside. The dream he had was unbelievable with zombies everywhere surrounding him. To awake to the sounds from outside it scared Steven to death. He was wide awake and on full alert he gathered his weapons and ammo headed out and made his way to an fire escape, climbing to the roof. Steven perched himself at the edge of the rooftop giving him a Birdseye view of the battle down below. He saw a couple of walkers and lined his sights took a breath an fired on exhale, the shot took out two lined up one after another. Looking down Steven saw another and shot but missed. " Dumbass focus he thought to himself. He decided to save on ammo and proceeded down the fire escape with tomahawk in hand. Running back to the melee he helped the others finish off with strikes to the skull on anything that moved. Steven had to stop a sec for the last swing almost hit one of the group, some person unfamiliar to him. Of course they're all unfamiliar but this was even more so. Steven stopped dead in his tracks. "OH SHIT IM SO SORRY. As he pulled back and took himself out of a defensive stance. He didn't want to cause anymore alarm then he already did
As Steven got closer to Nikki he noticed some new person standing over her. He wasn't sure what was going on. But as soon as he was about to charge the guy, he heard screaming of more deads on the way. He made a bee line for them and shot one with his silenced m4 then in tow whirled around with his hawk in one hand and rifle in other he followed the others and was batting clean up as he made sure the dead were staying dead
 
Last edited:
"These things are worse than cockroaches," Jessa mumbled to herself, taking in the parade of walkers. Jessa put her dagger back in its sheath and reached over her shoulder to pull the baseball bat out from the backpack. Well, technically it was still a baseball bat, but it no longer looked like a bat.. not like it had when she first claimed it. She had transformed the wooden bat into a club by hammering railroad nails into it. The whole bat (other than the handle) was covered in spikes.

Jessa held the bat with both hands and swung as if she were the famous Babe Ruth hitting one of his home runs. Months of practice had given her the strength to swing the bat with the force necessary to take down the walkers. The bad thing about using the bat was that it tended to get stuck. She sometimes had to put her foot on the walker and force the walker's corpse down to separate it from the bat.

She fought through the walkers making her way toward the other survivors. She would never admit it to anyone, but she actually enjoyed times like this.. when she had to fight for her life and adrenaline pumped through her veins. She knew that this probably made her a bad person, but there was nothing that she could do about it.

She had finally gotten to a car that had went off the road at some point in the past. She jumped onto the hood of the car to get a better look around. Everyone seemed to be handling themselves pretty well.. or she thought so until she spotted a guy that was fighting a couple of walkers. He was doing pretty good, but there was another walker coming at his back. Jessa doubted that she could reach the walker in time so she held the bat in one hand and reached in the weapon pouch that she wore at her side and grabbed a throwing knife. She aimed the knife and inhaled... she let out the breath as she threw the knife. She watched as it soared through the air and nailed the walker in the side of the head.. the force sent the walker falling to the side.

"Yes!" Jessa whispered to herself, but when she saw more zombies coming her way, she knew it wasn't time to celebrate. She jumped down and continued on a path toward the others. A walker was right in front of her, much too close to use her bat. She growled in annoyance and instead, used the bat to push the walker back long enough to get her dagger out of it's sheath, letting the bat hit the ground for now. She used the dagger to stab the walker in the skull. She was about to push the walker's corpse to the ground when she spotted another walker right at her side. Rather than getting rid of the dead walker, she turned and used the corpse as a shield.. pushing the walking walker back toward a wall. She took the dagger and rammed it into the second walker's skull.

With both walkers taken care of, she turned and made a mad dash back to where she was to pick up the bat. There was a walker really close to the bat, so when she got close enough to it, she slid toward the bat, picked it up and nailed the walker in the legs, making it fall. This caused a problem though because the walker had fallen a little too close to her. She backed a way a little and pushed her dagger into the walker's eye socket.

She stood up only to see three walkers coming toward her.. "Ugh, they just keep coming.." she muttered. She raised the bat, ready to take a swing when a shot of pain went through her shoulders. She was worried about that. While she had practiced enough to use the bat successfully in battle, she couldn't use it for prolonged amounts of time without pulling the tendons in her shoulders. She slid the bat back into its place in her backpack and got ready to fight with the dagger that she withdrew from its sheath and another dagger that she withdrew from the pouch.

She really hoped this would be over soon.. she didn't know if she could take on all three herself. She began backing away... hoping that she wouldn't back herself into a corner that she couldn't get out of.
 
Back
Top