First story is out here ... feedback , discussion ?

Any clue on what it's about before people click? After all, people clicking and hitting the back button will affect your "views" total.
 
I like your plan of linking the trilogy of threesomes, that sounds like fun. But this has the feel of a first draft. There are a lot of mistakes in grammar and punctuation which ought to be fixed.

You have chosen to use a first person narrator, but you have given us almost no internal dialogue. That makes the narration perfunctory. The reader wants more than "Just the facts, Ma'am".

Let me use a random paragraph to illustrate what I mean.

There was some band playing when the 3 of us arrived, a smaller opening act.

Did you think they were good?

Bikini Kill came on after them.

Were you excited about seeing them?

The three of us stood in the back. It was much too loud to talk to each other, so we just watched the band, danced, and jumped around.

Sounds like fun, why don't you tell us it was?


The three of us chatted between the bands.

About what?

Jen was always in a good mood it seemed, always very playful and affectionate when she was out with us.

And what was your mood?


Soon the main act, L7, came on. They had just started to become a "big" act, so the place was packed, probably to over capacity.

Sounds sweaty, was it? Did you feel claustrophobic?

The three of us were near the front, next to the "pit" where people would dance and wildly run into each other.

A minute ago you were at the back. You must have had to fight the crowd to get up front. What did it feel like pushing through that crowd? You must have been excited about trying to get closer.


We watched the band occasionally almost falling to the floor as the crowd moved around.

The band was falling to the floor?


Kym, Jen, and I stayed packed close together to pick one another up if we fell.

That could be either fun or scary as hell. We don't know which it was, you should tell us.

The reader wants to get to know you, not just what you did. I like reading about sex, but you know what I like more? Reading about people.

Good luck as you continue, I hope you find my comments helpful.
 
Thanks , this is very constructive. I’ll blame poor editors :)

When recounting a story stuff like you mentioned is clear in MY head so I forget what details I should be writing down .
 
Thanks , this is very constructive. I’ll blame poor editors :)

When recounting a story stuff like you mentioned is clear in MY head so I forget what details I should be writing down .

You've got to try to put yourself in the head of the reader. Some people like to have a beta reader or two give them their thoughts about a story before submitting it. I have not done that, but I always do a read through and try to imagine myself as someone coming to it brand new.

Your story is short, you certainly could add a lot of detail, which, in my opinion, would enriched it. Let us know these characters better, and we will get more out of the interaction between them.
 
There are some anonymous commenters who pile into any story writing nasty fussy comments.
You can delete them or set it so that anon comments are not permitted.
Some of it is quite hot, but there are some grammar errors that make it hard to read - even in the first sentence of the story!
 
Back
Top