Sing, Sing a Song... Chain story

The chain is the theme of using songs as inspiration or plots, so no shared characters.

Antisocial music is fine, as long as it's something that's played on some radio station somewhere :)

I would like to do the song "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. It's an older song but has been on the radio for the last little while since the band has a new album out. I was actually going to write a loving wives story using the song for inspiration but now I can have it as part of the chain.

I'm in for this one and since no one has claimed it yet, I'll be doing "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne.

these are two that had been running around in my head as well. now I can't wait to read the stories that accompany them! :D

I have pretty much decided on 'Ennery the Eighth, which was a novelty song from about forty years by Herman and His Hermits. I think the dialect involved is Cockney, but I'm not sure of that. I should be able to get this done by March 15, since it will be relatively short, probably only about 3,000 words.

I do have some question as to the format of posting, though. :confused:

ETA: Since the title is short, I can write it as: Songs, CH X 'Ennery the Eighth and follow that up with the description, but I think we should be uniform.

From looking at some of my longer story titles, it looks as if we are allowed about 35 characters and spaces and about fifty or sixty in the description. That's not very many. The title I have bolded there is thirty, and it is a short name. We may have to use the song title as a description, as somebody else has suggested. :confused:

Last edited:
Boxlicker, yeah, let's go with that... so your title would be "Songs Ch. ??" and description would be "Enerry the Eighth". (However that's spelled, lol.) I'll edit the first post in this thread to make that change.

Was that your formatting question?

Boxlicker, yeah, let's go with that... so your title would be "Songs Ch. ??" and description would be "Enerry the Eighth". (However that's spelled, lol.) I'll edit the first post in this thread to make that change.

Was that your formatting question?

Yes, it was. Otherwise, I'm afraid many titles would be too long to fit in the space available. :eek:

I agree, and I'm glad Crim pointed it out and you reminded me. When I'd first suggested the title thing, I'd forgotten about the character limit for titles. I still wish there was a way to fit the song title into the story title, but since there isn't, we'll make do :)

Is the 'Songs Ch' supposed to stand for chain?
If so, it makes me think of chapter every time I see it.

**Stepping back now**

I think that makes sense to have the title Songs Ch. X and the description be the name of the song. Of course for those that know the song it's the perfect description of what the story will be about.

So can I be picky and suggest that maybe we call it Sing a Song, or something other then just Songs. It sounds a little boring but that might just be me.

Erin

I think you're right. I doubt if anybody would write a story around a song without words. We would have enough room in the title space to say something like: SING A SONG: Ch 10 which is 19 spaces. :cool:

these are two that had been running around in my head as well. now I can't wait to read the stories that accompany them! :D

If I hadn't gotten "Stacy's Mom" I would have used "Room 21" which is also by Hinder. I don't think I've heard it on the radio, but unlike "Lips of an Angel", "Room 21" is dirty. :devil:

I keep having so many songs with so many possibilities running through my head. Will definitely find one that suits me.

Erin, that's an idea. Let's put it up for vote:

Okay, those who've joined in, do you think the title should be "Songs" (which I agree is boring, by the way; I suck at titles); "Sing a Song"; or something else entirely (post your suggestion).

I kinda like "Sing a Song", but as mentioned titles are not my strong point, so I'm open to the majority decision.

Someone could do "Addicted" by Saving Abel, if there's anyone still trying to choose a song; I thought about it and might if I decide to do a second story for this chain, but I have a personal reason for choosing "Good Morning Beautiful", and I couldn't think of a story for "Addicted". "Addicted" is a perfect song for an erotic story, though, IMO. If you haven't heard it, the chorus is:
"I'm so addicted to all the things you do
When you're going down on me in between the sheets"

Any takers?

I'm goin' with a 'British Invasion' hit from the '70's.

'From A Window' by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas.

Factoid: Words and music by Lennon and McCartney.

(No, it's not in the Exhibitionist/Voyeur cat...but it's tempting). ;)

Okay... someone suggested, in a PM... thank you :), the title "Lyrics" for the chain. So we could use "Lyrics" or "Sing a Song"... any further thoughts, votes, or opinions? I see we're two for "Sing a Song" so far. (Three if I count myself, but I'm abstaining. lol)

Please, give a title-challenged chain organizer some help here! lol

Looking back through the thread, so far we've got:

- KarennaC- "Good Morning Beautiful"
- PrincessErin "Lips of an Angel"
- Boxlicker "Ennery the Eighth"
- LeeChambers "Stacy's Mom"
- Selena_Kitt "Don't Stand So Close to Me" (Selena, if yours is a possible not a definite, please let me know)
- TE999 "From a Window"
- bb_peaks
- al_Ussa

Possible:
Darkniciad
slyc_willie
manyeyedhydra

Did I miss anyone?

Okay, let's start talking submission dates. I'd like to have the first story submitted on March 15; Boxlicker, did you want that date? Then one a week thereafter, so March 22, March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10, and so on.

If Boxlicker wants March 15, I'll take March 22; otherwise, I'll take the 15th. If you want to claim a specific date, please let me know, or I'll have to put on my teacher hat and assign you a date :p

For those who haven't done chain stories before, the date you commit to is the date on which you'll *submit* your story; we have no control over when the stories are actually posted.

Okay... someone suggested, in a PM... thank you :), the title "Lyrics" for the chain. So we could use "Lyrics" or "Sing a Song"... any further thoughts, votes, or opinions? I see we're two for "Sing a Song" so far. (Three if I count myself, but I'm abstaining. lol)

Please, give a title-challenged chain organizer some help here! lol

Looking back through the thread, so far we've got:

- KarennaC- "Good Morning Beautiful"
- PrincessErin "Lips of an Angel"
- Boxlicker "Ennery the Eighth"
- LeeChambers "Stacy's Mom"
- Selena_Kitt "Don't Stand So Close to Me" (Selena, if yours is a possible not a definite, please let me know)
- TE999 "From a Window"
- bb_peaks
- al_Ussa

Possible:
Darkniciad
slyc_willie
manyeyedhydra

Did I miss anyone?

Okay, let's start talking submission dates. I'd like to have the first story submitted on March 15; Boxlicker, did you want that date? Then one a week thereafter, so March 22, March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10, and so on.

If Boxlicker wants March 15, I'll take March 22; otherwise, I'll take the 15th. If you want to claim a specific date, please let me know, or I'll have to put on my teacher hat and assign you a date :p

For those who haven't done chain stories before, the date you commit to is the date on which you'll *submit* your story; we have no control over when the stories are actually posted.

March 15 is good. I have started on the story, and have a good part of the background done. I haven't started on the smutty part yet, and that will include most of the text. I have almost a month, which should be plenty of time. :D

Can my story have incest,non/consent and possible murder in it as long as I use the appropriate disclaimers at the top? I've got Janie's Got a Gun stuck in my head and it's plotting itself out as I type ;)

Can my story have incest,non/consent and possible murder in it as long as I use the appropriate disclaimers at the top? I've got Janie's Got a Gun stuck in my head and it's plotting itself out as I type ;)

Incest and non-consent wouldn't be a problem, as long as there is a minimum of violence and everybody is at least 18. Murder would be pretty dubious, unless it happened to be justifiable, such as a woman taking revenge on a man who raped and abused her, or something like that. Even then, it might not be acceptable. :eek:

Murder would be pretty dubious, unless it happened to be justifiable, such as a woman taking revenge on a man who raped and abused her, or something like that. Even then, it might not be acceptable. :eek:

Definitely all over 18. The song is about an abused daughter killing her stepdad. I haven't made it to the ending just yet to see if that's the path I wanna take.

I can do March 22nd if you want. My story is written it just needs to be edited but my editor is dealing with a family emergency at the moment.

I like Lyrics as well, can we think up a good adjective to describe lyrics that begins with the letter L - maybe have a little alliteration.

Erin

I've claimed March 22, but the 29th is available :)

Hmm... Lustful Lyrics?

bb_peaks, your story can be however you want it, as long as it meets the requirements of the site. I think they'd accept murder in a story in the context you describe, though I can't speak for them.

Back