The Chosen

Lucy raised an eyebrow as her sleepy companion bolted across the courtyard, standing up on the bench as she fell. "HEY! You ok?"
She paused, a smile coming to her face as her eyes fell on something else from this position... Her night angel, wandering in the day....
"...Gabriel...," She whispered, then looked to Draken. "Mister Draken.. I don't mean to be rude, but.. why is it that you're here at the college? Certainly a man that's been so travelled has no need for a local university..." Her gaze fell to the small cross the spilled from his shirt, a slight frown coming to her lips.
 
Draken watched the one girl as she ran off and then tripped. He shook his head, then turned his attention to the young woman asking him a question. He listened quietly, then spoke. First she mentioned a Gabriel, which caused him to turn around and spot the guy in the ridiculous-looking fedora and trenchcoat. He raised an eyebrow, then turned back to look at Lucy. He smiled, then spoke in a slow, calm manner. "Some of the students here have internships at my company. Sometimes I visit to check up on things."
 
A fresh torrent of rain dumped from the skies, the sound making it difficult for Gabriel to hear what the silver-haired man was saying to Lucy and her friend. He could hear an accent though; an old Italian, very, very old.

Lucy's friend disappeared into the building Gabriel moved foreword, his shoulders slouched a bit to help the rain cascade off the heavy overcoat. The mist from the falling rain seemed to melt away as he approched the silver-haired man and Lucy.

Tilting his fedora up slightly to show the pair of deep green eyes hiding beneath his fire colored hair. His eyes flashed at Lucy's, with a look that belonged to them and only them.

Gabriel's voice rolled out in a smooth easy Irish brouge, "Lucy, c'mon it's time fer yer appointment."

He extended his hand out to his charge, turning a sidelong glace to the silver-haired man.

Below his breath he murmmered in a low, dusky Tuscan, "Excuse my interruption sir,"
 
Lucy smiled as Gabriel extended his hand to her, taking it as she hopped down from the bench. "I'm sorry, Mister Draken.. but I need to go. I hope that your projects... go well."
She stepped a bit closer to Gabriel, clutching his hand a bit tighter. Something about that silver haired man sent a chill down her spine... something she found incredibly strange. She normally didn't feel that way at all about someone that gave such a dark presence- in fact, that usually led her to feel quite welcomed. Except with Draken.
 
Draken bowed, then answered in the same language, without the accent. When the two started to leave, he looked up at the sky, then headed back to his tower. He had the feeling he'd need to do some research in some very old books.
 
Gabriel led Lucy by the hand, guiding them away from the man she had called Draken. The name was familiar. He'd need to do some checking after night fell.

"Let's get inside. I don't trust this coat fer protection if the sun be comin out" He whispered in her ear, his lips close enough to feel the heat from her skin. He was so used to be cold, to not feeling anything, being near her almost reminded him of the sun. Almost.

Her school was only a block from one of his safehouses, and the walk was short. The safehouse was no more than a delapidated looking brick building, looking for all purposes like a slum-lord's wet dream. A small set of stairs led downward from the street to the basement beneath the building. Working his key in the corroded bronze lock, he pushed the door open and led Lucy in.

The apartment was dimly lit, with a few couchs and chairs, a ancient looking TV and a meger kitchen. What the apartment did have was a large room with a flat wooden floor. Various pieces of training equipment, faux weapons, and practice dummies littered the room, while the walls were decorated the different cracks, dents and fist sized holes.

"Are ye hungry lass?" He asked as he flicked a couple lamps on to illuminate the room as he shrugged the coat off, leaving him in a tight white undershirt that left his arms bare.
 
"HEY! You ok?"

Emily got to her feet and decided it would be best if she went back the dorm and forgot about her classes for the day. After all, she'd read ahead in all her books and there wouldn't be much she would miss. Plus her clothes were a mess just as much as she was currently in her mind. She was in no position to go on with her day like this. She signaled back to Lucy that she was alright as her eyes caught the situation. The man in the hat knew Lucy somehow, but it was none of her business. She ran towards the dormitories and grasped at the handle.



"Locked? You're kidding me! This is absolutely ridiculous!"



A sign on the door read.


"Wet Paint on back of door. Locked to prevent damage."



She wouldn't stand for this. She saw a window not too far up. It was the window to her room. She stood atop a garbage receptical and grasped onto a ledge and swung her left leg up to it, pulling up a bit. Throwing her books into her room first would be the hard part. She slid her window open and tossed the bag inside. She was losing her footing as she tried to gain her balance. Falling was imminent. At the last moment she kicked off from the building and backflipped to the ground and landed on her feet. She breathed in a sigh of relief then realized what she'd just done.


"Holy shit! What the hell did I? Since when am I an acrobat?."


Now her books were in her room but the open window was going to get the carpet wet.


"Maybe I could use this to my advantage." she thought.


She ran to the can she stood on and jumped from it to the ledge and climbed into her room. Although she was in disbelief of what she'd just done, it was most likely that she was still dreaming and should just go to sleep. She went to close the window and got that feeling again. Those people, those different people had seen. She sighed and flopped on her bed. She'd wake up from this dream sooner or later.
 
Lucy stepped aside as they came in, smiling at him as he took off the coat. She liked it so much more when he didn't have to wear that big bulky thing- even if it did provide him with some protection during the day. It was just... well, the view was far better without it.
"A bit," She admitted, brushing off the remaining rain drops that clung to her from the walk. She sighed as she brushed the rain from his coat as well, glancing to him as he headed for the kitchen. "It's only college, Gabriel. I dont think anyone would do anything to me there. Was it really worth it to risk coming out like that? What if that storm ended before..." She trailed off, pausing from her cleansing of his coat. She really didn't want to think about what would have happened if those clouds had cleared.
"That guy scared me," She said quickly, not wanting ot linger on that idea any longer. "Something about him reminded me of.. well, you... but... not." She frowned. "Does that make sense?"
 
Gabriel opened the refrigerator, exopsing what little there was. A small block of cheese, a gallon of milk, two boxes of chinese food and several packets of blood. For emergencies.

"Eh...per'aps I can take ye out for eats once the sun goes down" He murmmered as let the door swing shut. Turning back to face her, he was caught for a moment. She was standing just outside the light of one of his lamps, her body only barely illuminated. She stood in between light and shadow, warm and cold. Gabriel allowed himself a long look at her, his gaze slowly working up her nubile form.

"Yer senses are gettin' stronger Lucy" He slipped his hands into his pockets, taking on a lopsided slouch. "An normally I wouldn'ta taken you out of school, but ye got a letter from the council. Takes priority"

Taking a few steps foreword, he reached across her front to a small coffee table next to her hip. Brushing past her by a hair's breadth, he picked up a black envelope, an ancient wax symbol sealing the letter.
 
"That's fine," Lucy said with a smile, seeing the dissapointed look on his face from his fridge. She hadn't expected him to have much. After all, wasn't like he ate that much to begin with.
"A letter?," She asked, glancing down as he picked up an envelope from the table. "Why? Have.. Have I done something wrong?" She gave him a slightly frightened look. The last thing she'd want to do is piss off a group of vampire elders. She leaned against him, taking in that symbol in the wax. She had only seen it a few times before... The main memory of it being the letter Gabriel had brought her explaining the truth about her father.
She stayed against his arm a moment.. though it was cold to her touch, it sent a spark through her. *You're just a child with a crush on your teacher... Nothing more...,* She thought to herself, taking a slight step back.
 
OOC: If one of you guys could somehow witness the events in my above post and take notice, I would be most grateful. Preferablly you guys training..

Don't know how it'll work, but I atleast need some one to get a bit suspicious of what I am or something.

Thank you for your time.. ^^
 
(OOC: I'm willing to jump in but how can a vampire see that event Hikari if it was during the day?)
 
OOC: Every good vampire story needs hunters I suppose :)
nakaura.jpg

Name: Julius Gordon
Age: currently 20 but his memories are over a millenium old.
Major: Theology
Minor: Mathematics
Species: Aasimar (Human with celestial or angel blood)
Trained in combat against supernatural beasts, Julius carries a pair of Smith and Wesson .45s with pure white handles, blessed by the leading Cardinal in the brotherhood. He also has een trained in a variety of martial combat styles, most notably Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

IC: Julius hated this assignment. He was, as far as he knew, the only member of the Brotherhood assigned to this school and it made him bored. He didn't get along with most of the people in his classes. He was sent to sniff out Chosen of the vampires and to alert the Brotherhood to their presence. That unfortunately meant his job was not one he could publically announce, so he had to keep up appearances as a normal university student. Which was the part he hated. He took Theology because he figured someone filled with the blood of the divine creatures would find it an easy subject. Turns out it wasn't. There was a lot more debating and arguing about the meaning of life and use of rationale argument than Julius was used to. He hated the subject and instead found his true fascination was mathematics and sciences, something many religious thinkers consider sacriliege but Julius was intrigued with.
Today was his Theology midterm, so Julius was in a particulary bad mood as he trooped his way to his classroom, He turned the corner around one of the dorm buildings just in time to see a girl he recognized from around school backflip off the building, land on her feet and then jump into her window with a casual ease. Julius' guard was immediately raised. He'd seen this girl around school before, and usually she couldn't walk without falling over. Could she be one of them? He'd have to investigate more later. As for now, he groaned to himself, he had a midterm to make.
 
musicankane said:
(OOC: I'm willing to jump in but how can a vampire see that event Hikari if it was during the day?)

((He'd be able to go out in the same manner Gabriel was- bundled up and taking advantage of a bad thunderstorm's black clouds.))
 
(I hope this is acceptable then.)

The car weaved back and forth along the street. The windows completely covered in black paint with the exception of a small spot on the windsheild to see. Vince was a bad driver. At nearly 1800 years old he had never been able to get the hang of this driving thing. As he swirved and spun the wheel he would got distracted as the sun reached a point in the sky wear in nearly pierced the small hole in the paint. With a grunt he stepped on the break and spun the car around backwards.
HE sighed and looked out the window. The car had spun to face a college and he sighed as he saw no one looking his direction. He saw a girl at the front door looking around, she tugged on the door and found it locked. Vince sighed and narrowed his eyes. Something was odd about the girl.
When she leaped herself clear up to her room. At least he assumed it was her room he knew what she was. Judging by the suprise on her face as she stared wide-eyed out her window, he figured that she had no idea how she just done such a thing.
Smiling he pulled the car around to the side of the building that the sun was blocked. It was a muggy day and the sunlight only got through in a few places. Still Vince grabbed a heavy trench coat from the back seat and threw it over his head. He peeked out the car door and looked arounf for a way inside on this side of the building. He spotted and employee's hallway and he darted to it quickly. He ripped it open despite the numberical coded lock and stepped into the air-conditioning hallway. He took the coat off his head and put it on casually. A janitor came around the corned as Vince made his way down the hall.
"Hey who are..." The man protested.
Vince waved his hand. "Sleep." He whispered and the man passed out instantly slumping against the wall. Vince made it out into the lobby and he found a directory on the wall listening the students. Unable to tell who he wanted viz names he glanced down at the map and found the room he wanted.
He walked up silently and found the dorm he wanted. He sniffed deeply, he could smell her blood. She had the blood of a guardian, still immature in her body yet it stirred and would awaken soon. HE smiled, a choosen to serve was what he needed. It might cure his bordem, give him a purpose for a while at least.
He stepped back and knocked on the door.
 
Last edited:
Emily stirred from her sleep. She heard a knock on the door and put her glasses on. She felt that odd feeling again. One who was different. No one ever knocked on her door. She instinctively grabbed her old umbrella and opened the door. A man she'd never seen before was standing there.


"I think you have the wrong room.."


She began closing the door again..
 
Gabriel caught her stepping backwards out of the corner of his eye as he held the letter in his hands. For an instant he thought he read something in her gaze. But it was too brief to read closer, probably just a trick of the light.

He slide a finger through the wax seal, snapping it neatly in two and unfolded the piece of jet black paper. Holding the letter up to the light, Gabriel studied the document for a moment before offering it to Lucy. The warm orange glow of the light caught the paper, showing the dark surface utterly blank, without any writing or symbols at all.

"Can ye read it yet Lucy" He asked as he took another step foreword, brining his body closer to hers. It was so good to be close to something so warm, so alive and so...

A Guardian is the shadows of his Child. Together at all times, but may never touch

The Code echoed in Gabriel's mind. Besides, Lucy was a kid, she needed to be with kids her own age. Not a vampire so old that he'd forgotten what his parent's looked like.

But the figure that stood in the shadows before him wasn't any kid, she wasn't a child anymore. And the part of him that was still a man couldn't ignore that. Shaking his head to cast out the images that now flooded his mind, he found himself only a few steps away from her, the letter extended to her.
 
Lucy took it with a frown, still a bit worried that she had done something wrong. She had tried her best to be within the elders' rules, to do everything she was supposed to... She had only made a mistake once before, when she was younger. She had told someone the truth about her father, and had paid for breaking that rule immediately.

She poked the edge of her finger with her necklace, letting a drop of her blood hit the paper to awaken the blood ink, then held it to the candle.
The Brotherhood has received word of your existance. You are now part of their list of hunted Chosen. For your protection, you are to leave the dormitory of your college and stay with your Guardian at his dwelling until further notice. There are more Chosen at your school. Take note of them, and if suspicions arise about them, you are to become the distraction. We do not wish for more Chosen to be added to that list. Your training is also to be increased. If any members of the Brotherhood are found in your vicinity, you and your Guardian are asked to eliminate them.

She dropped onto his couch, crumpling the paper. "You'e got to be kidding me," she groaned, resting her forehead against her hand. "I'm marked, Gabriel. I'm on the Brotherhood's list... and now they want me to fight them. Its not just defense of myself anymore. They want us to kill any of the brotherhood near here." She gave a sigh, then glanced to him. "Oh. And they want me to move in with you, too. They say its to much a risk for me to be in the dorms anymore..." She held out the paper to him so he could read it.
 
The vampire slouched his shoulders and began making his way back to the kitchen, sighing loudly.

"Matter o' time I suppose. The Brotherhood isn't playin at killing us out, they mean to do it and the Chosen are their biggest threat" Opening a small cubbard he pulled out a well worn bottle of thick, smooth looking whiskey. Swishing the deep reddish brown liquid, he titled his head back and let some of drink burn it's way down his throat. A shiver ran up and down his entire body as the powerful liquid worked it's way up and down his spine. He had dreaded this day.

Moving back into the main room, Gabriel dropped onto the couch, his elbows resting on his knees.

"If the Brotherhood 'as ya marked then the first thing they'll be doin is sending one of their agents te find ya" Gabriel's fingers scratched across the back of his neck, a habit everytime he was deep in thought.

"Well first matter is gettin you moved out of yer dorm. The sooner we get ye hidden the better. But from the looks of things, the storm is clearin'. Meaning we wait until nightfall. I'm not gonna be havin' you go out alone" His eyes rose from underneath canopy of red and orange that hung from his head.
 
"...Yeah."
Lucy just sat there, staring at the candle. She had heard everything he had said... but she just wasn't registering anything at all. On their list? Damn, and she had tried to be so careful... How'd that happen? She had tried her best to just seem normal. She had slipped up somehow.
She looked to him, smiling as he started rubbing at his neck. "So we have a few hours to wait." She looked to the envelope, then back to him. "What should we do until sundown?"
 
Mephistophelily said:
"What should we do until sundown?"

Oh the things I could do to ye in that time lass, he allowed himself the thought for a moment, a smile curling his lips. But he dismissed the image. There were other things to deal with right now.

Rising to his feet, Gabriel motioned for her to follow him. With a Brotherhood agent nearby, Lucy couldn't be coddeled or spared any of the training. Reaching an equipment rack, he removed a pair of simple wooden swords. Spinning on his heel, he tossed one of the training weapons to her.

"Don't let the times fool ya Luce, guns are useful things and 'ave their place to be sure. But iffen ye know how to use one, a sword'll be all ye need"

Gabriel peeled off his shirt and squared his shoulders, illuminated by the single bare lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. Holding the weapon lightly in one hand, he motioned for her to join him.

"'Sides, bullet dodgin' come later in the lessons"
 
Lucy glanced to him as he went quiet, a smirk coming to his face. *Shit, did he just fall asleep? I know he has troubles with day, but..*

She jumped as he suddenly stood, guesturing for her to follow. She did so, following him over to the training area he had set up for her and catching the sword he tossed to her. She gave it a confused look, then continued it to him. "A sword?"

"Don't let the times fool ya Luce, guns are useful things and 'ave their place to be sure. But iffen ye know how to use one, a sword'll be all ye need."

"Gabriel, I really don't think I can-," she started to protest, her words cut short as she looked up to see him removing his shirt. Oh, hell. How was she supposed to remember her arguements with that view before her? His vampiric years of survival reflected in the chiselled chest of her guardian, reminding her of just how well protected she truly was with him, as well as what kind of strength truly resided in the vampire she trusted so much. His pants rested low on his hips, as though hinting to her as to what rested beneath them. Yeah. Arguing with that... Wasn't going to happen. She gave a sigh, taking off her rivetted vest and tossing it onto the floor behind them before stepping towards him, leaving her in a black half tank and her short plaid skirt.

"'Sides, bullet dodgin' come later in the lessons..."

"WHAT?!" She shot him a horrified look at that. "I thought that was something only you full bloods could do..."
 
"WHAT?! I thought that was something only you full bloods could do..."

"Like I said darlin', it'll all come later" Gabriel offered her a smile, moving in a slow lazy circle to her right, the sword tip pointed at her feet. It was times like this that Gabriel really appreciated his vampire reflexes. It looked like everything was moving in slow motion. He could really take the time to appreciate the subtle movements Lucy's body made as she removed her vest. For what felt like minutes he studied her down to the last strand of her sandy blonde hair.

Raising his sword slowly, Gabriel stepped foreword, shifting his weight to the left and then back to the right, he brought the edge in a diagonal line aimed at her torso.

"Victory be about speed Luce" He called out as he attacked.
 
"Uh?" Lucy looked at him, giving a soft gasp and quickly raising the wooden sword up, trying to block his swing- and it shoved her back a few paces. "Gabe! Hang on a sec- I-uh-"
She gave an annoyed growl, shoving back and taking a few steps forward, moving past where she had originally been and getting closer to him. "Ok... Take it this is a learn or bruise lesson...," She mumbled, dropping back a bit and placing her weight on her right heel as her left foot slid forward.
If there was one thing she didn't like about her training with him, it was how he used his abilities to get the upperhand on her. Sometimes he would just... vanish.. and then come out of nowhere on her. She kept a close eye on him, waiting for what she thought to be a perfect opening to take a swing at his arm.
 
"Gabe! Hang on a sec- I-uh-"

Gabriel smiled as she moved back against him, crossing the wooden blade against his. She'd blocked it. He hadn't been moving at full speed but even a month ago the attack would've gotten through. Her progress was amazing. Perhaps it wasn't so shocking that the Brotherhood was after her.

Ok... Take it this is a learn or bruise lesson...,"


His gaze drifted downward for split second to check her footwork. She had shifted her weight to the back leg, just like he'd taught her. Keep the weight back there and you can move in any direction at will. His gaze lingered, letting him slowly drink in the smooth, pale that covered her long, slim legs. He traced a line with his eyes, following the smooth muscles up to the v of her thighs, just below the hem of her skirt.

Gabriel's eyes snapped back up to hers quickly. He was just about to mention how important it was to keep your guard up. Fighting a pretty little thing like her was a different matter all together.
 
Back
Top