Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

Curious to know if my post about my book getting published and being available was removed/deleted as I cannot find it anywhere. If so I'd be interested in knowing why. If not, I wonder why I can't find it--perhaps I'm just overlooking it.

"Helene Blackmailed" is getting some very nice reviews. This one's from "Just Erotic Romance Reviews". They gave it a Gold Star.

I don't understand about that "O" Heat level though--whether it's a zero or an "O" for "Outstanding". I'd feel better about the review if the reviewer had done a bit more paragraphing too.

Good reviews are nice, of course, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I have to admit that I've never seen a bad review of an erotic romance. We were talking about that on an authors's site I belong to, and one of the writers there said she used to review erotic books, and their policy was, if you couldn't find something good to say about a book, you passed it on to someone else. If three reviewers couldn't find anything good to say, then they just didn't review it. Thus, all reviews were more or less good.

The reviewing community isn't really in bed with the publishers, but they do have a kind of symbiosis going on. As I said, good reviews are nice, but I don't think we should let them go to our heads.

Title: Helene Blackmailed
Author: Elliot Mabeuse
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing
Publisher URL: www.ellorascave.com
ISBN: 1-4199-0493-0
Reviewer: Julie Esparza
Rating: Gold Star Award
Heat level: O

Helene Blanchard’s vibrating anger is ready to take on the person who emailed her pictures of her taken from the rooftop of her building where she had masturbated. She has met their demand to meet and she is determined to tell them to go to hell! As she enters the room though she loses all steam. The man she faces isn’t some sleazy creep but rather a distinguished looking business man. Confused and surprisingly attracted she finds out his plans to mail hard copies of the pictures to her family, secretary, and finally her boss. As the Doctor tells her to strip and then takes control over her body, she finds herself wet and wanting the power, violence, and sex he wants from her.

Helene’s character is in control of everything. She is the ice queen at work, dresses the part of the corporate overachiever, dates a lackluster but perfectly acceptable man, and she hides her real self. She knows she has desires but doesn’t know how deep they go. Until the Doctor enters the story and forces her to be a tease, slut and his whore she is truly clueless to her own self. Since the story is told in the first person we don’t get to be inside the Doctor’s head. Yet through his extraordinary talent Mr. Mabeuse still gives you a kaleidoscope of feelings from him. His physical response to Helene shows his undisguised lust and joy at her passion and submission. What reached out and got me about this story beyond the bold, blistering sex, was the struggle Helene has within herself. Helene’s character is scared because the Doctor reads her desires and makes her face them. As he shakes with lust while holding Helene down you know that he is totally devoted to her at that moment. His animal magnetism makes her writhe for him because she, no other woman, inspires his love and lust. This is what makes the story so very powerful. Her freedom with the Doctor gives her an unconscious grace, peace, and power in the business world that she would never have found without submitting to the Doctor’s perverse will. The plot moves quickly but every scene provides a detailed look at sweeping emotions and powerful hungers. The sex is erotic, made me wet and wishing for the world of Helene. Some will be turned off by how the Doctor manipulates Helene. After all it could be viewed as rape, yet Mr. Mabeuse makes sure that you know that for Helene the forced sex and the degrading treatment make her only crave more. There is some very erotic bondage, as well as some more edgy BDSM play but is still gentle compared to other BDSM erotic romances. Helene Blackmailed deserves the Gold Star Award because it taps into a familiar fantasy for many women and creates a searing testimony to the power and passion of female sexuality while making you crave the love that Helene and her Doctor have found.

Julie Esparza
Just Erotic Romance Reviews
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/justeroticromancereviewsnewsletter/join

dr_mabeuse said:
I don't understand about that "O" Heat level though--whether it's a zero or an "O" for "Outstanding".

From the JERR site:

NR. Did not arouse our reviewer. No toys were needed.

S for Simmering. Our reviewer was definitely ready to play after reading this book

H for Hot. Our Reviewer was forced to find her toys while reading.

O for Orgasmic arousal level. Our reviewer found the ultimate satisfaction with this book.

dr_mabeuse said:
Good reviews are nice, of course, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I have to admit that I've never seen a bad review of an erotic romance.

Check out Mrs. Giggles & Smart Bitches, Trashy Books & BookGasm ... they're not "fluffy" like many review sites. (BookGasm requires print material, I believe.) I've certainly seen unfavorable reviews on each of these sites (which is while I value reviews from them far more than other "sweeter" sites).

Hey! I just found out "Overcoming Abigail" has gone into print and is now available at E-bay and the Ellora's Cave site.

"Overcoming Abigail" at E-bay

Also found out the book has been nominated for a CAPA in the BDSM category-- A "Cuipd And Psyche Award" given out by some erotic book review site. Morgan Hawke was nominated too.

I hope I don't come off sounding assholish about this. All this self-promotion makes me feel very uneasy, but the one thing I'm learning about the publishing biz is that it's 5% writing and 95% promotion/advertising.

Buy my book or my testicles will wither, and we certainly don't want that.

--Zoot

dr_mabeuse said:
Hey! I just found out "Overcoming Abigail" has gone into print and is now available at E-bay and the Ellora's Cave site.

Also found out the book has been nominated for a CAPA in the BDSM category-- A "Cuipd And Psyche Award" given out by some erotic book review site. Morgan Hawke was nominated too.

I hope I don't come off sounding assholish about this. All this self-promotion makes me feel very uneasy, but the one thing I'm learning about the publishing biz is that it's 5% writing and 95% promotion/advertising.

--Zoot

Congratulations, Zoot.

I don't think you sound like an asshole at all! I think it's quite amazing, and there's no reason in the world why you shouldn't tell us your good fortune. You deserve it! Besides, that's what this thread is for.

If I had 2 pennies to rub together, I'd order your book immediatly. Sadly, I don't. Good luck. I hope you have many sales.

Self promotion is good. The only thing that is bad is if you stop writing. But I don't think you would do that.:)

dr_mabeuse said:

--Zoot

Torquere Press is publishing my first novel, Between Want and Need To, in September. Some of you may have read it when it was posted on Lit in its unedited first draft form, and if you did I thank you. I've always thought of it as more than a dirty story, but I never expected the outpouring I got from readers who told me how much it meant to them. It was the wonderful feedback and positive support and encouragement of my Lit readers that convinced me to seek publication. To all my friends, thank you. :rose:

carsonshepherd said:
Torquere Press is publishing my first novel, Between Want and Need To, in September. Some of you may have read it when it was posted on Lit in its unedited first draft form, and if you did I thank you. I've always thought of it as more than a dirty story, but I never expected the outpouring I got from readers who told me how much it meant to them. It was the wonderful feedback and positive support and encouragement of my Lit readers that convinced me to seek publication. To all my friends, thank you. :rose:

*does the "I'm so very happy" dance for Carson*

carsonshepherd said:
*stuffs a bill down your pants....*

BWAH!

Said it before, but I'll say it again: WAY TO GO, Carson! :rose:

Now -- practice signing your pen name. Decide on an "author trademark" (logo-type thing or tag line). Think about those author interviews. *grin*

carsonshepherd said:

Congratulations!

BlackSnake :cool:

carsonshepherd said:
Awesome!!!

For you, even though you hate it, the nana dance :D

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

vamplawyer said:

Like Carson we LOOOOOVE Torquere Press, and like Carson the first version was posted here. Now NEXT MONTH a completely new Novella, My Brother, Coyote will go on sale at Torquere.

Yay! I'm so proud to writing smut with you. :D

A big congratulations to Carson, Vamp, and Zoot! Way to go guys. I gain hope and inspiration to continue in my writings hearing how my friends succeed. I'm so very happy for all of you. :D

MorganHawke said:
x15707.jpg

"DEMONESS" An Enchanting New Book of Sorcerous Seduction...
by Morgan Hawke
Originally posted on Literotica.com!
Author's Site: http://www.darkerotica.net

On Sale Now at eXtasy Books!
http://www.extasybooks.com

Released: July 1st 2003
ISBN: 1-55410-004-6
Price: 4.99 USD
View Book: http://www.extasybooks.com/eb.php3?ebookid=15707
Pages: 106
Formats: Available by Download in Adobe PDF, Microsoft LIT, hiebook KML, Palm PDB, Rocketbook RB and HTML
Genre: Erotica / Paranormal / Fantasy / Horror

Cassandra is a very modern if Satanic exotic Dancer. Little does she guess what adventure Satan has in mind for her in Medieval Paris...

Before Cassandra stepped from the magic circle in the bowels of theMagister's palace she learned two things: that she had been conjured to seduce a Priest and that she really was a Demoness obedient to the will of the Magister that conjured her. It all seemed like a grand adventure, at first...

Then she discovered that her demonic powers had a blood-thirsty will of its own and the Priest was a member of the deadly Spanish Inquisition who had killed all the women previously sent to seduce him.

4 Roses! from Love Romances.com

Read the Review!
http://www.loveromances.com/demoness_ruby.html

- For a review Copy, contact:

Mike- Extasy Promotions
http://www.extasybooks.com
extasy_promotion@zumayapublications.com

EXtasyBooks@aol.com

Wow! That's one AMAZING cover!

interracial_sex said:
Curious to know if my post about my book getting published and being available was removed/deleted as I cannot find it anywhere. If so I'd be interested in knowing why. If not, I wonder why I can't find it--perhaps I'm just overlooking it.

No doubt because you need to have been published on www.literotica.com to promote your outside publications here. You have not had anything published here. I checked.

My books :)

Well, they're not erotica, and they're not fiction... but they are books!! And I never imagined myself as an author. Not only that, I just found out that one is being translated into Russian and sold there - woohoo! :)

The Complete Tarot Reader
Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads

I am just learning to write fiction... mostly practicing here. Erotica is the only kind of fiction I really want to write ;) Hopefully I'll get to post something else here someday!

Back