Escape To Solitude (closed)

"I love coffee"she said smelling the nice pot of joe he was brewing" It smells amazing" she said unpacking some of her various pairs of shoes and dragging her heavy bag into the main bedroom.

She could tell he was a bit shy sharing a place with a woman he just met but she enjoyed his company and she would be as nice as possible since the stay was now free.
 
David watched her unpack and it felt a little odd seeing her do so in this cabin as she was still practically a stranger.

"So Ms. Becky I assume from your earlier comments you are from some big city somewhere."

He grabbed two coffee mugs and poured each a cup and found the creamer and sugar which was one of the few items he had placed in the kitchen.

"How do you take your coffee?"
 
Tricia smiled " Yeah im from California.. its alot different from here I'll tell you that but a little change never hurts...ill take it light and sweet but not much sugar " she said to him.

She walked around admiring the cabin which looked like it was built by hand and she ran her hands over it "This place is really beautiful David..The way it was built and the carvings here.."she said stopping by a wall "Its spectacular" she said and looked back at him.

She wondered if he built the home himself but didn't want to upset the man because she noticed earlier he seemed saddened when he mentioned that he had a cabin.
 
David fixed Becky's coffee doing his best to make it just the way she had requested. He then walked over to her and handed the coffee.

"I did all the work myself only hiring a few people to help with the rafters and a few of the other big jobs. But thank you for the compliment it means a lot to me. If your finished unpacking why don't we go out on the front porch from what I can see through the window the clouds have cleared and the moon is nearly full and I will tell you more about the house."

David led her outside and offered her the porch swing to sit on.
 
Trica smiled and settled in beside him and curling up in the large porch swing under the blanket she haf brought out for them. She admired the beauty of his ranch and asked him more about himself telling him some details about herself as well.

She drank her coffee and before she knew it she had dozed off against the man.
 
David was rather surprised when Becky feel asleep her head against his shoulder and he said nothing but just sat there not sure what to do.

He thought about scooping her up and taking her to the bed and putting her in it but wasn't sure how she would feel about that. He didn't think she would want to sleep all night sitting in a porch swing either.

"Becky" he called softly. No response, he moved closer to her ear and said "Becky wake up and go to bed", he was afraid to say it to loud as he didn't want to startle her. If she didn't wake this time he was going to just pick her up and put her into bed.
 
Patrica stirred lightly hearing the whisper and snuggled closer to whatever was keeping her warm still sleeping. She woke up the next morning fully clothed and in a bed and she sat up rubbing her eyes and admiring the bedroom. The bed beneath her was extremely comfortable and the sheets felt amazing.

She stood running her fingers through her hair and went to shower and brush her teeth figuring David must have still been asleep and she would thank him with a large breakfast.

She had really enjoyed cooking but rarely had the opportunity to do so except for herself and that wasn't really much.

She got dressed quickly wearing a sundress that hugged her body unintentionally it was just the way she was built and she headed to the town market buying almost everything she could think of including a few meats which would last them about two weeks.

The cashier looked curious about who she was and she jist commented that she was a tourist. Luckily she got back from the store im no time and she immediately began cooking wanting to surprise her host.
 
David woke in the extra bedroom to the smell of something wonderful. He got up still dressed in his clothes from the night before and padded barefoot into the kitchen following his nose.

When he arrived he found Becky busy cooking and he stopped in the doorway leaning against the wall. She had showered and dressed and was absolutely stunning in the morning light.

"Hi there", he spoke to her, "What do we have here it smells wonderful."
 
Tricia turned looking at him and smiled seeing he was awake and leaning against the doorframe and he looked amazing as she saw the muscles rippling beneath his shirt and his manhood slightly pressed against his pants which she knew was normal for men.

She smiled turning and said " Good Morning David... Im cooking us breakfast but its a surprise for you for being such a generous host to me. I just hope you like it" she said and continued what she was doing.
 
"Well you didn't have to go and do that but it is appreciated and it will not go to waste I'm as hungry as a bear."

He walked into the kitchen and stood next to her but not within her personal space. he could smell her perfume or body wash one could never tell these days and inhaled it deeply though it was mix of what she was cooking. Both her and the food smelled wonderful.

"I have forgotten what is like to have someone else cook other than at the bar. I eat there on a regular basis Mrs. Mary is a wonderful cook and I love pretty much anything she makes. But it looks like she might have some competition in town judging by how everything looks and smells. Not to mention your a lot prettier."

He sort of blushed after the last compliment, "Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was hitting on you that wasn't what I meant. Can I help with anything at all?"
 
Tricia grinned " Well I hope Mrs . Mary won't be too upset with me for stealing her best customer from her this morning"she

She pointed to the bag of texas toast she had and said " You mind cutting 3 pieces in half for me and toasting them?"She said as she flipped the omelets and sliding them onto two plates along with the home fries and sausage and waited for their toast.

She brought things for the table for them and grabbed the pitcher of juice "Breakfast is served"she said smiling
 
David grabbed the bag of toast and did as he was asked and once everything was ready he sat down to eat with her.

David practically inhaled the first few bites of food and commented, "Sorry if I eat like a heathen but I'm not used to having people dine with me. This is unbelievable where did you learn to cook like this?"
 
Tricia smiled glad he liked it and said " It just comes naturally I guess its something I really enjoy doing i just never have anyone to cook for"she said and sipped her drink " You don't have to apologize David ..im flattered your enjoying my cooking i like sharing a meal with someone who appreciates it.

She let out a soft content sigh as she bit into her omelet and ate it with some toast after. She was glad she had made the meal delicious.
 
As they finished their meal David looked across the table, "None of my business here but what are you planning on doing today? The reason I'm asking is I thought I could make some suggestions."

He finished the last piece of food on his plate and took a big swig of coffee.

"Stay away from the Travelers Mall out on highway 75 as it is nothing more than an overpriced tourists trap. If you head east on the main road out of town that will take you to a very small little community called Trappers Cover. There is no cove so not sure why they call it Trappers Cove? Anyways it is a two block town smaller than our 10 blocks here so it's tiny."

He laughed knowing full well how small his little home town must seem to her though he knew it was small. That was one of the things he liked about it. He liked the privacy and solitude it provided him. Before the military he couldn't wait to get out of this small town but after serving three tours of duty he couldn't wait to get back. Even after Laura had left to seek her fame and fortune in the big city he preferred to stay even with her memory plastered on every street and every sidewalk.

"There are numerous shops of locals that sell everything from home spun clothes, to art work, leather workers, wood carvings, hand made jewelry pieces, jellies and jams even a glass blower. Some of the stuff is really good and the prices are negotiable."

David got up to pour a second cup of coffee offering to get her a refill.

"If you aren't wanting to shop about a mile down the road past the turn off here you will find a trail head with parking lot. There are marked trails and smooth easy paths that lead down to the river and make a circle back to where you start. There is a sturdy footbridge that crosses a semi impressive waterfall which has a nice view. A lot of people go there to jog and just walk or commune with nature if you prefer."

He paused not sure if he should say what was on his mind or not. It would have been obvious to anyone paying attention he was debating something in his mind.

Shyly he began to speak, "I was thinking that after I feed the horses and cows if you like I could also take you for a boat ride on the lake a little farther down the road. The lake is beautiful and the mountains make a nice back drop. The weather today is supposed to be mild with no rain. But I totally understand if you just want to do your own thing you have no obligation to do anything you can stay in if you like and I will go about my business you won't even know I'm here. In fact I have probably intruded on you enough."

It wasn't that he was back peddling but as if he felt he had opened his mouth and said something that would offend her. He stood and began to clear the dishes and he felt like the ugly kid in school that just got up the nerve to ask out the head cheer leader who was going to laugh at any moment.
 
Tricia was curious about the sudden nervous vibes from him when he finshed telling her things about the wm over and sights to see while shr was there. She actually planned on staying in the cabin since she didn't know much about the area but she was glad he told her a few things.

She smiled and said " David honestly im terrible with directions it was my memory that found the store because I remembered passing coming into town...If you aren't too busy I was hoping you could show me around a bit.." she said then quickly added " Although if you cant ill understand"

She walked over to help him the man dwarfing her size both height and body wise." I think a boat ride sounds amazing as well..maybe we can go tonight and ill pack us some dinner? I bet the view of the sky and the lake will be incredible" she smiled drying a dish.

She noticed that ever since she met David she could not keep a grin from slipping past her lips when they spoke.She blushed placing some of the dishes away.
 
Her kindness towards him was unbelievable an also very appreciated but he was certain she was only being nice and polite.

"Sure I would love to show you around and take you for a boat ride tonight and yes the moon will be full and the sky clear. It will be very beautiful to star gaze. I have a fishing boat but we will be in the pontoon boat as it has two large loungers to either side of the front. So you can lie back and watch the stars maybe we will see a few shooting stars."

As they were putting away the dishes his hand lightly brushed hers by mistake sending a slight tingle through his body. Even though it was unintentional it he didn't mind her skin was soft and smooth and felt good against his even in that brief instance.

"I don't have much to do today just feed the animals and can have that done fairly quickly. Have you ever ridden a four wheeler? If not we can ride double and I can show you around the property before we go to the lake."

He couldn't believe he had just asked her to do that and quickly added, "If you don't want to I totally understand."
 
Tricia blushed when his hand grazed hers and she gasped softly bit not loud enough for him to hear. She looked at him as he described riding the four wheeler and ot seemed fun.

She shook her head and said"Ive never ridden one but it sounds fun David id really like to see the animals you have and maybe you could show me how to ride?"she smiled
 
He wasn't sure he had heard correctly. She wanted to go riding with him and she seemed very sincere about it.

His smile was large and friendly and it was obvious she had just made his day she could even hear the excitement but also the nervousness in his voice.

"I would love to show you around and teach you how to ride as well. I'm going to go feed real fast and gas up the four wheeler. Why don't you just come meet me over at the barn you will see it from the front porch. Oh and wear something you don't mind getting dirty and is comfortable."

He was off like a shot but then stuck his head back through the door,,"Oh thanks for breakfast it was wonderful and a treat!"

Once more he was gone before she could even reply,, David gave a slight fist pump as he moved fast to the barn.
 
Tricia smirked seeing him go off and before she could respond and decided to change into some shorts a pair of comfortable shoes and a tshirt. She brushed her hair back into a ponytail and put a little bug spray on.

She walked over to the barn spotting it after a few mins walk and looked around " David?"she called not seeing him.
 
David had just finished gassing up the 4 wheeler out back of the barn when he heard a sweet voice call to him, "David".

"Behind the barn", he called out. When she came into view he was floored even though it was nothing fancy she looked amazing. Wearing a pair of comfortable shorts he saw her legs for the first time and they looked unbelievable and he could only imagine what she looked like from behind. He shook his head thinking to himself, "stop this you old fool she isn't interested in you like that."

"Hi there we are all ready to go." He showed her were to sit and to make sure she didn't touch anything hot with her legs though everything was fairly well covered and she should be alright.

"You can either hang on behind you to that little basket or well yeah your other choice is around my waist." He blushed just a tiny bit upon saying this before climbing on and turning to her to assist her getting on. He handed her a small helmet that was made for either a younger person or a female but didn't explain why he had one that size. David however only wore a ball cap and didn't put one on himself.

"You ready to ride?"
 
Tricia nodded slightly nervous and said " I think I'm ready" she said wrapping her arms around him not really trusting how stable the small basket was behind her.

She tucked a bit closer wondering why David hadn't been wearing a helmet and why he would have one that was this size but she didn't question it at all because she just met him and didn't want to get in his personal business unless he had decided to speak with her.

She gasped as they took off and was glad it was not a fast speed. She sat upright looking around at the ranch views.
 
David felt her slip in behind him and could feel her legs pressing against his own as she straddled the seat. He looked over his shoulder their faces the closest they had been since they met.

"Hang on here we go." David started off slow and the terrain was even and he showed her the field with the horses and pointed out several by name. He then drove by the field with his 20 head of cows before moving to a tree line. There was a break in the trees and a trail head formed. He moved down it at about 20 miles an hour and the terrain remained smooth and even.

About a quarter of mile he came to a stop. "Alright hang on tight its a little rougher from here and we might get wet there will be some puddles and water along the trail from last evenings rain.

David accelerated once more and the terrain became rough but not horrible and they bounced up and down. David could feel the softness of her breasts on his back and he didn't mind he liked it. He then wondered was it wrong for him to be enjoying the fact her breasts were against his back? He didn't know but concluded he was still male after all though he tried his hardest to be respectful.

Suddenly they splashed into a huge puddle of water and it went flying cascading all over them and running down their bodies. Mud splattered their legs and he thought he heard her laughing.

They continued on for about five miles and the woods were full of life. Squirrels, rabbits, birds, deer and other critters bounded away from the loud infernal machine and its occupants.

A large curve appeared in the trail and David slowed to navigate it. As it began to straighten out they came to a grassy incline and he powered up it. At the top they had a beautiful view of the valley they were in and the river that fed the big lake. They were surrounded by mountains and the smelled fresh and clean with the scent of pine strong in their noses. He cut the engine and yelled once his voice echoing across the land,,"Helloooo, Hellooo, Helloo" came the reply from the mountains.

David motioned for her to take the helmet off knowing how hot they could get and asked, "So what do you think?"
 
" I think we both have to shower when we get back "she giggled and wipe some of the mud of his cheek. "Other than that....its amazing. I don't really get to see much of nature in California and I could sit out here all day"she said looking out over the mountains.

She walked around looking at it all wishing she wouldn't have to go back to all the stress of Hollywood. She moved to a nice rock resting against it and called him over to join her.
 
David just watched her soak in the scenery for a few minutes and when she asked him to join her by a rock he smiled ever so slightly. He took a seat by her but not up against her and looked at her.
"I'm glad you like and yes a shower will be needed but a hose pipe works well also", he suggested with a big grin.

He had done a lot of smiling since meeting her and that was a very nice change for him.

"I like it here its on my property so no one bothers me and I can think. I even camp out here sometimes."

"Your the first person I have ever taken up here its just my little get away spot."

David went quiet after that not sure what else to say and jjust let here enjoy the solitude.
 
Tricia blushed slightly feeling honored that he had shared this place her. She sighed wishing she wouldn't have to go back in a month but knowing she'd eventually have to return to her busy life. She didn't get anything close to this in L.A and she knew she would be enjoying all of her free time here.

She smiled at David as he joined her and laughed at how muddy he was " I think a hosing off definitely needed for both of us" she giggled and rubbed more mud off of herself. She smirked and said "Thank you for bringing me here David.. I appreciate you sharing this with me"

She relaxed with David glad he was a gentleman with her because some men were always out for sex once they saw her in a shoot , at a performance or in a movie and the feeling made her very uncomfortable sometimes like she had felt earlier when the abrasive brothers had cornered her in the diner.
 
Back
Top