OOC -- "The Octagon"

1Guy4U

Experienced
On hold while I consider another proposal.

The Octagon is a streaming, internet sex reality game show.
  • It takes place in a grid of octagonally shaped rooms and passages, wired with video and sound.
  • The goal of the contestants is to exit -- not necessarily escape -- The Octagon with the money and prizes they've accumulated.
  • Prizes, money, and bonus items are either found in rooms, earned via accomplishment of tasks (usually sexual in nature but not always), or "gifted" via sponsors. (If you saw or read "Hunger Games", you know about that.)
  • Writers will not know what is in store for their characters before entering a specific room. Everything is up to chance. This could mean "vanilla sex", oral or anal sex, rape, bondage, and more. Contestants will have or find "Passes" with which they can avoid sexually situations they do not want to participate in; but "passing" on a situation without a "Pass" means expulsion from the game ...and sacrificing ALL your prizes and money.
Questions, comments, or interest...? Please post them here. Or, if it's personal, you can PM me.

Last edited:
Questions:
It seems as you will be laying out what the challenge per each room is, will you be playing out the scenes that happen in each room with each writer that gets involved?
Does each 'contestant' begin with a certain number of 'Passes' before entering the competition, or do they all have to be found/earned?
Is there a reason why the contestants are getting involved? Is it a post-apocalyptic or post-war environment where contestants are doing this to help their families/cities survive, or is it an underground entertainment arena with contestants getting involved of their own free will to try to make whatever prizes they want for whatever reasons they have personally?
Are the contestants being 'forced' to enter to the Octagon, or is it of their own volition? (Granted I imagine if it is of a players own volition a writer could have their player being forced to do it for a story reason)
Are contestants allowed to bring anything with them, beyond clothing, into the Octagon?

It is an interesting concept, just looking to know more about the execution and plot.

Questions:
It seems as you will be laying out what the challenge per each room is, will you be playing out the scenes that happen in each room with each writer that gets involved?
No. I will write only when another character is not available. Initially, I will need a female writer to write opposite one of my characters, simply to set the tone and provide some "exposition" and background. But is my hope that I will only write the organizers, officials, and Sponsors (some of which will also be written by other writers, too.)
Does each 'contestant' begin with a certain number of 'Passes' before entering the competition, or do they all have to be found/earned?
Because some writers might not want to write even the first situation they find their character in, each character will begin with not only a Pass but a few other items that may come in handy.

Additionally, I will ask each writer to list 2 or 3 sexual "experiences" they consider deal breakers for joining, and they will not face these situations. I may not be a sadist but I play one on television. (If you don't get that joke, you're too young to be here. Kidding!!)
Is there a reason why the contestants are getting involved? Is it a post-apocalyptic or post-war environment where contestants are doing this to help their families/cities survive, or is it an underground entertainment arena with contestants getting involved of their own free will to try to make whatever prizes they want for whatever reasons they have personally? Are the contestants being 'forced' to enter to the Octagon, or is it of their own volition? (Granted I imagine if it is of a players own volition a writer could have their player being forced to do it for a story reason)
The show is totally volunteer. That being said, I am going to create (and ask for suggestions, too) a world in which performing in such a show might be the only thing a character has going for them.
Are contestants allowed to bring anything with them, beyond clothing, into the Octagon?
Clothes and a pack with a few seemingly random items that they are only allowed to access at very specific times, less they be punished. Oh, and because
This is a show meant for sexy people, the clothes will be sexy as well.

FYI, I have never cared much for anime and the like, but I'm thinking that for this RP, it might be easier to find images for our characters if we went that way. Please see the next post I put up concerning this issue (which won't go up for an hour or so).

On hold while I consider another proposal.

I'm thinking something with a bit of competition, violence, team creation, etc; think "Hunger Games" with lots of sex but less if any killing.

If this sounds like something even more appealing, please let me know.

Last edited:
Back