The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psst! Molly. Over here. Don't look now but we've been invaded by a bunch of cheese and cracker eating, brandy swilling drunks. I think some of them may even be Italian ;)

Crap. And they didn't invite us?

OH NOES! That big, fat assed tire around TE's waist must have sprung a leak!!!! :D

(and you know good and gawd damn well that calling a Sicilian a freakin Italian is fightin words! ;) )

:rolleyes: I'm married to one of those.

Irish/Puerto Rican actually... is that better or worse than Italian?:confused:
thdrink11df7.gif

I found, in my teaching days, that Mediterraneans and Tropicals had some strong similarities. They both matured earlier and hotter than the run of the mill Anglo-ish child. There were exceptions but for the most part the hormonal storms hit the dark-haired, dark-eyed, olive skins a full year before the blonds and redheads. What the explanation for that might be I have no clue.

I found, in my teaching days, that Mediterraneans and Tropicals had some strong similarities. They both matured earlier and hotter than the run of the mill Anglo-ish child. There were exceptions but for the most part the hormonal storms hit the dark-haired, dark-eyed, olive skins a full year before the blonds and redheads. What the explanation for that might be I have no clue.
cheese suppresses puberty. Fact.

Only silly British cheese does that. Sicilian cheese makes you smart, mature and beautiful. Fact to infinity!

Gotta defend my lot, right or wrong:
Less of the "Silly", if you please. The English make Very Good Cheese.

Really? It seems like such a mid-Western staple. Frankly, it's the family's favorite pie and the sauce is dynamite on ice cream. I have a few recipes from some rather chi-chi restaurants in London where recently rhubarb has become all the fashion. I'm supposing the effect is sort of a European version of lemon grass or curry leaf (Keiffer lime) adding a sort of tartness to stews and such. Anyway, it's the very devil to find in the store but we have some friends who are S. Dakota natives and they had a pair of huge rhubarb plants. I froze enough for seven pies. I think we're good to go for the year. I might even make up some sauce for ice cream when the weather warms.

Come to think of it, I remember eating some rhubarb ice cream that was to die for. I think I need to do some research . . .

Really? It seems like such a mid-Western staple. Frankly, it's the family's favorite pie and the sauce is dynamite on ice cream. I have a few recipes from some rather chi-chi restaurants in London where recently rhubarb has become all the fashion. I'm supposing the effect is sort of a European version of lemon grass or curry leaf (Keiffer lime) adding a sort of tartness to stews and such. Anyway, it's the very devil to find in the store but we have some friends who are S. Dakota natives and they had a pair of huge rhubarb plants. I froze enough for seven pies. I think we're good to go for the year. I might even make up some sauce for ice cream when the weather warms.

Come to think of it, I remember eating some rhubarb ice cream that was to die for. I think I need to do some research . . .

I don't know about down around Molly's but our rhubarb is still tiny little green shoots. It won't be "see-able" here for another month!

Well, you know what it's like in a twelve month growing season. My rhubarb went dormant for a grand total of one month. Now it's two feet across. Shoot, my artichoke is nearly as tall as I am!

Well, you know what it's like in a twelve month growing season. My rhubarb went dormant for a grand total of one month. Now it's two feet across. Shoot, my artichoke is nearly as tall as I am!

BITCH!

:D

P.S. and yeah I miss it! (especially in the winter when I have to trudge my ass out to the barn!)

Last edited:
BITCH!

:D

P.S. and yeah I miss it! (especially in the winter when I have to trudge my ass out to the barn!)

Poor babe! Well, you can always bring the twins for a visit. My guest room can easily sleep an adult and a couple of kiddies. It's over the wood shop. :D

Of course, it's full of stuffed animals and furry rugs . . .

The stuff practically grows wild on my dad's place, but since he and mom split, no one does anything with it. Have you tried mixing it with spring strawberries for a wonderful sauce on toast? Slurp.

I don't know about down around Molly's but our rhubarb is still tiny little green shoots. It won't be "see-able" here for another month!

Honey, we've had summer-like weather for almost a month. Everything is in full springtime bloom. Stores can't get nursery plants out fast enough. Everyone's getting landscaping and other outdoor projects done early and plants are flying off the shelves.

That's some crazy artichoke.

Sure is. I haven't tried to grow 'chokes for years. Last time they were overwhelmed by grey aphis but now that I get out there and look at them daily I think I can stay ahead. Big artichokes are easy to come by in the stores but what I'm looking at is the baby ones. You can't get decent baby artichokes any more around here and they are so good sauteed with cottage fries and fresh rosemary.

Sure is. I haven't tried to grow 'chokes for years. Last time they were overwhelmed by grey aphis but now that I get out there and look at them daily I think I can stay ahead. Big artichokes are easy to come by in the stores but what I'm looking at is the baby ones. You can't get decent baby artichokes any more around here and they are so good sauteed with cottage fries and fresh rosemary.

You can't get fresh ones here at all. They call them fresh, but they look like shit.

No surprise. The entire nation's supply comes from up near Monterrey, California, from a place called Castroville. Seems to be the only place in the country where the climate is right for commercial growing of 'chokes. Otherwise, you have to have your own greenhouse or treat them like annuals. Tough going.

Y'all can keep them.

I refuse to eat any vegetable that sounds like the title of a gay snuff flick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back