Commanding Soldier x Soldier (Closed to KINKYCanada)

AlwaysFaithful

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Posts
1,763
Katherine Doyle sat in the back of a Humvee, her back against the wall, her duffel bag in front of her feet, and situated between her knees, was her K9 partner. Jasper was a 90 pound dark sable German shepherd. He was a highly trained military working dog, with a mean streak. He'd been sectioned off at the dog kennels, only certain people were allowed to handle him. At 3 years old, he'd never deployed because no handler could work him properly. Kat had just getting interested in being a dog handler, just volunteering at the dog kennels. When she'd met Jasper and asked if she could work with him. Now a year later, she was his only handler, and the only person who could safely handle him.

They'd deployed twice together, often attached to elite units, to keep them safe from IEDs or terrorists. As they rode in the Humvee, Kat kept her hands gripping his duty harness, keeping the big dog snugged between her knees, there were four other soldiers in this truck, and she didn't want anyone to get bit. Finally the truck shuddered to a stop. "Doyle! You're out!" Standing Kat grabbed her gear, and with her dog at her side, she jumped out. The Humvee left, leaving the pair on a new base. Her mahogany hair was tied back in a sharp tail. Her pale grey eyes scanned the base as she waited for her CO to arrive.

She'd been given strict orders to wait for her CO. "Platz" She ordered in German, the dog instantly dropped into a down in heel position. Katherine was 29 years old, she'd been in the military since she was 18 years old. She'd quickly gotten the nick name "Lucky". Partially due to the four leaf clover tattoo on her left hip, and due to her ability to escape death repeatedly. No matter how dangerous, or how close she came, she always managed to stay alive. Now here she stood, in the desert, dog at heel as she waited, wondering how long her CO would make her wait. She doubted he would be too happy to have her hear, most weren't.
 
The Unit meets Kat!

Lieutenant Tyson Banks was sitting in his bunk, the men of the 5th army division Delta unit were given a special bunk house. All special operators were kept in their own bunk houses on base due to the fact that they were elite. There was a sharp knock on his door. "Enter!" Tyson said in a deep Kentucky accent.

"Yo LT that new transfer is here. The K-9 unit!" A big, man named Winger said. Marcus Winger was a Sargent and was the unit's demo expert. He and Tyson had worked on the unit together for two tours now and were as close as brothers.

"What are you talking about?" Tyson said annoyed that he was disturbed with this.

"The K-9 unit!!! The one Captain Hicks told us we were getting just the other fucking day!!! Are you for real? You forgot!"

"Well if you say so but no I don't remember anything about any transfer to us!" Tyson rose and followed Winger out of the bunk house to where they were to meet the new member of the unit. "Get Parks and Bama over here he should meet us all!" With that Winger ran off to get the other two men in the unit.

Jason Parks was a Corporal and the medical component of the team. a fully qualified soldier he was also a field medic. He was very tall and very tough and rarely talked unless he needed to!

Eugene "Bama" Branson. was born in Mobil Alabama hence the name. He was the oldest in the unit at 33 and a staff Sargent. He was also the Communications officer. Unlike Parks Bama never shut up. he stood at 6' even and had two sleeves of tattoo's all fire and brimstone style. to All four men were tough as nails and all had passed top in their class, they were the best the Army had in Afghanistan they were also a very tight knit crew. None of them wanted to deal with an outsider or their dog.

When the four men got to gate where Kat was they all stopped dead in their tracks. "What the Fuck?" Bama said first.

"Excuse me Ma-am are you sure you are in the right place?" Banks asked. Everyone called Tyson either L.T. or Banks.

KC
 

Attachments

  • Winger.jpg
    Winger.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Katherine saw the four men, and she assumed they were her unit, but she remained silent as they approached. When one asked if she was sure she was in the right place, she wanted to roll her eyes, but restrained herself. "Yes, Sir. I was instructed to wait here for my CO, a Lieutenant Banks." her voice was a strange but pleasant mix of a Montana drawl with just a whisper of Irish. Her dog had shifted into a sitting position t9 be ready. He didn't trust the four men who had approached and his amber eyes for fixated on them.

Katherine was a petite 5 foot 6, an athletic 120 pounds, it was clear she didn't use brute strength to control the powerful canine at her side. Sure she could hold him back if necessary, but she rarely had to use force to get the dog to obey. Kat held the leash loosely in her hand as they stood under the unforgiving sun, both of them were getting warm, soon, orders be damned, she'd have to her her dog in our of the heat. She may take orders from her LT, but her dog took orders from her, and it was her sole responsibility to insure her dog's health and safety as much as possible.
 
"I'm Lt Banks. This is Staff sgt Branson, Sgt Winger and Cpl Parks." He said then held out his hand. "You have your transfer papers. The Sargent in the office will need them. Parks will run them to her. We will get you settled. There are no female operators here. So our house only has one main head and shower. The head is stalls, so that won't be an issue. The shower will have to be co-ordinated so you are left alone. I take it your dog will bunk with you?" Banks asked. He knew it wasn't the soldiers fault she was transfered to him. So he wasn't going to take it out on her. He didn't like the disruption though. All four men had worked together for a long time and trusted each other with their lives, now an outsider would be thrust into the mix and that was never a good thing. But the Army rarely asked the opinions of it's low level officers.

"You got a name?" Bama asked grabbing her ruck sack for her. None of the men smiled at her, but they weren't rude either.

"Come on the bunk house is this way! Let's get out of this heat!" Winger said. starting to walk back towards the buildings of the remote base. There was the usual sight of soldiers scurrying around and Humvee's driving in and out of the gate. There was two main buildings with two dozen smaller one scattered.

"Don't know why you are here, and I can't guarntee that you will be here very long! But welcome to the asshole of the fucking world!" Banks said starting to follow Winger. Tyson was a very large and intimidating man. The kind people knew not to fuck with. His right arm was covered in tats and his body was covered in Muscle.
He had short sandy hair and a pleasent way about him. All the men were carrying their m-4's with them, always ready for a fight.

KC
 
Last edited:
Katherine nodded, "Yes, my dog goes where I go. No exceptions." She let the other soldier grab her bag. "Corporal Katherine Doyle, and MWD Jasper." SHe said, introducing herself and her K9. "Has the rest of my stuff arrived? Most of my K9's gear was suppose to be shipped in, as it's too much to travel with me." Bags of food, his kennel, medical bags, extra leashes, collars, harnesses, booties, scent items to keep him up to standard on searching for explosive material. She only carried the bare essitentals in her duffel bag.

Katherine fell into step with the soldiers, naturally keeping herself between the soldiers and her K9. "I will warn you all now. My K9 is not friendly. If you attempt to touch him, he will bite. If you grab me, he will bite. If you approach my bunk in the middle of the night, he will bite." She warned, all these were scenarios from pervious missions, where her team mates had been bit by Jasper, due to their own stupidity. She tilted her head, looking at her Lt. "I was told I'll be here for 10 months. So I guess I'll be around for nearly a year." She smirked. Katherine had never asked for a transfer from any unit, no matter how tough, or how unfriendly her unit mates.
 
As they walked Banks got the impression she was a woman out to prove something he hoped he was wrong, as that was not someone they needed. After she told them the do's and dont's of Jasper he stopped them turning to her. "The dog is your responsibility I get that. We will follow your lead and your rules. But you are under my command. You do as I say when I say no questions asked. I didn't ask for you I really don't want you or your dogs help, but it's not my call so you are here. Now you look like a capable soldier, but we!" Banks said motioning to the men at his side. "We went through the toughest training the army has to offer. Twice... first Ranger then Delta. So get in line and don't fuck up! And I am sure we will be just besties by the weeks end."

He turned back and began to walk again. Bama walked beside Katherine. "Y'all gotta take LT with a grain o'salt. He's the best field operator overseas. Saved our sorry lives just 'bout a hundred times. We saved him plenty too. You'll be fine just let'em get used to you two. Truly I think he likes mutts! so soon enough he'll be talk'n yer ear off 'bout old Jasper here." Bama was mean as a rattle snake in battle but a good 'ol boy back at base.

When the four got to the bunk house Kat saw all her gear piled up outside. "Yo Private get all this into Cpl Doyle's room it's the first one on the left!" Banks called to an unlucky private who happened to be walking by the tin building.

"You have till 1500 hrs to get your shit stored then Parks will take you around and accumulate you with the base. We eat at 1700 we eat together so don't get friendly with anyone here! After that we will be meeting in the hq for a briefing and we will see what's up from there! Anything you need you come to me or Bama first! Any problem you have with me or Bama you talk to us first. You miss that first step, you go over my head to the colonel, you will be out of here faster then you can blink an eye! Got it?" Banks told her. "Also we carry a side arm and our M4's at all times no exceptions. I trust Jasper is house trained I don't need to smell shit and piss in there." When he was done he walked into the building followed by Winger.

"Y'all need a hand?" Bama asked.

KC
 
She eyes Bama as they walk, "I don't need him to like me, and I don't need to be his friend. I just need him to respect that my K9 and I have a job to do, and we do it well." She shrugged, she wondered if he'd even read her file. When the Military decided to attach dog teams to special ops teams, they put all available dog teams though 8 weeks of hell, testing them, evaluating, seeing if they were tough enough to stand up to the special ops guys. Katherine and Jasper were one of three teams, out of 24, that passed the first course. The course didn't have the cred that Delta or Ranger courses had. But it had been designed by a joint command of soldiers who were former Delta, Ranger, SEAL, or Paratrooper. The best of the best, created the course to see which dog teams could stand up to the best of the best.

Getting inside, she listened to Banks. She nodded at the important information, then chuckled, "Yes Sir, He's house trained." She shook her head at Bama, "Thanks, but I'm good. Gonna take some time to settle in." She walked into her room, finding it pretty usual. She began arranging her stuff, hanging up, those easy on easy off plastic hooks onto her walls. Set up the giant plastic dog crate in the corner, Jasper didn't use it much, but still it was good to have. In a plastic container was his dog food, she put that in the corner by the kennel. She tossed a few toys out into the room, unrolled the comfy mat he preferred to sleep on, and tucked it under her bed, as that was one of his preferred places. Next came all his gear, his main harness, leash, boots, a muzzle for emergencies. She had a cooling vest, goggles for him, a grooming box, a medical kit just for him, the toy that he only got when he preformed a task properly. Once all of her dog's gear was out and set up neatly, she unpacked her own stuff. Aside from clothes and other necessities, she had a few books, a MP3 player, her laptop with a bunch of movies on it, and a few pictures of her and friends, though oddly, none of her and anyone that looked like family.

Once finished she sat down, taking a slow breath, it felt good to be settled in. Jasper came over, tail wagging, Kat rubbed her hands over his coat, mentally thinking she'd need to take the time to brush his coat out tonight, probably due for a nail trim. Eyeing the clock she still had close to 45 minutes before her tour around the base. So she stretched out on her bed, set her watch to beep in a half hour, patted the side. Jasper leaped up, stretching out beside her before she threw her arm around him and proceeded to take a nap, she'd left her bedroom door open, but she had no risk of Jasper leaving. The dog would stay on her bed, right with her, until she woke, he seemed relaxed enough, his head down, resting, but his eyes watched the door, never truly relaxing, still guarding Kat, especially now, as she slept.
 
Once back from his errand Parks told Banks that she was all set! Banks nodded and continued to flip through the satellite channels in their recroom it was small a small t.v. and a xbox as well at a Sat receiver. There was one sofa and three arm chairs.

"Y'know LT you could cut her a break! Not her fault she's here!" Bama said in her defense. He knew she didn't need him to like her but being at odds didn't help them either in Bama's mind.

"I know! She'll be fine I'm sure. Only we've operated with perfect proficiency thus far why the change now?"

"Cause Winger is being run fucking ragged that's why you dumb hick! Jasper will help identify the threat putting less stress on Winger and allowing us to move a fuck ton faster." Bama retorted.

Banks nodded when Winger agreed with the Staff Sgt. "Parks take the newbie around. Show her everything that deals with us. Also get her fitted with a new M-4 that's been field tested out here. and have her set up with new camo's that don't identify her with any unit or rank, also new field kit, kevlar, nightvision the works. She's with the best now she might as well be outfitted with the best." Banks said, he gave up on the tv and went back to his bunk to read. Bama and Winger decided to work out a little before supper.

Banks didn't mind women in the military he was a believer in the new way of things but he was a hard man and wouldn't give respect easily to anyone. All three men that worked with him had earned his respect through blood and mud!

KC
 

Attachments

  • Bama.jpg
    Bama.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Katherine's alarm beeped a half hour later. Sitting up, she yawned, rubbing Jasper's ears she took the time to redo her ponytail. She slid on Jasper's duty harness that had large words, "Working Dog. Keep Back" across both sides. She clipped a leash to his collar, she knew he didn't need it, but it often made other soldiers feel more comfortable around the big K9. Walking out she saw some of her new unit. Soon Parks came up, saying that he'd take her on a tour, and get her outfitted. She nodded, "Thanks," With her dog at heel, she let Parks lead the way. She had her own sidearm strapped to her right side, she was left handed, but because her K9 walked on her left side, she wore her sidearm on her right, but it was positioned for a left handed draw.
 
Jason Parkswalked her first to the main building where the Colonel's office as well as all the administrative offices. Then there was a building the men just referred to as the War Room. there they met for all meetings and where all mission debriefings were done. Then there was the supply, the mess hall and the medical building. The barracks for all the reg force stayed, only the operators had their own bunks, other than the officers.

Parks got her set up with her new gear. "We wake at 0600, work out, eat! Then we shoot and train till 1400. Rinse and repeat! Unless we are on mission!" Parks walked her back to their bunk. "Is there anything you want to know? Or that you might need?"
 
Last edited:
Katherine followed Parks, listening as he pointed out each building. At the armory she got her new gear, making sure it fit and felt right before she left with Parks. "All sounds good. I do need at least an hour a day to work my dog, unless we are on a mission. But if we're not, I need to keep his skills sharp." She said, as they walked back. Overall their daily routine didn't bother her, it seemed fairly easy. Stepping inside their bunks, she unclipped Jasper's leash, but the dog didn't move from her side. "How often do we go on missions?" She asked curiously, wondering if they had attached her to an active team, or not. She feared this team might never go out on assignments, that it may be punishment for her behavior on her last tour. Her unit had been rather rough, and by her third month there, two of the soldiers had cornered her in her room, pinning her to the bed, Jasper had been kenneled in his crate at the time, she had fought had, breaking one of the guy's nose, and dislocating the other's arm. But it hadn't stopped them, not until Jasper had destroyed his crate bending the metal door until he managed to escape.

She'd never seen her dog attack so viciously, he had bitten both men several times, until they backed away from Kat, and she was able to call him off. Of course her CO hadn't believed her, didn't matter that she bore the bruises of the attack, or that her clothes were torn. He sided with his men, and demanded that she be removed from his team. She hadn't argued. She'd been shipped out and transferred here. She still bore the bruises on her neck and upper arms.

She looked over at Parks as she enjoyed the AC of the building, a chance to get away from the heat of the desert outside.
 
Parks walked with her to the bunk then turned to her. "I will tell LT about your needs with Jasper, he will work it into your daily! As for missions! We go out at least twice a week on checks, anytime the regs run across something they think can be tied to wmd's or terrorist activity they usually run 24 hours. Then there are the big ones where we are sent out for extended periods a week or more. Though those are not as common here at this base. If you are wondering if you and Jasper will see action? You will. Lot's of it! We are not in a friendly part of Afghanistan haha" He smiled at her leaning against the frame to her door. "Look I don't know you from Job and I can't say I like change in the unit. But we are all tops and we look out for our own! That means you now. After a mission or two you will either fit in and be one of us! Or you won't and LT will have you shipped off. I read your doc, you are qualified and able. Winger needs the help Jasper and you can give! For that I am happy you are here. And LT is a fair man, he expects the best out of you but will not put you in a position just to see you fail, once you are one of us, he will have you and Jasper's back till the fucking rapture. Though I need to impress upon you. He was serious! Don't go over his head! We had another guy who didn't like how we did things and went over his head. Well let's just say he is sorry he ever enlisted!"

KC
 
She chuckles and nods, "Good. I was expecting to be put on a team that never saw action." She shrugged. Then nodded, "I would expect nothing less from him. And I respect the chain of command. I don't think we'll have any problems." She said with a chuckle. "I think I finally found a team I can stick with." Kat smiled, that had always been the goal, her Kennel Master had wanted her and Jasper to stay attached to a specific unit, and personally, from what she'd seen so far, She'd finally found it. Of course she wouldn't actually know until they went out on an assignment together.
 
At 1645 Bama, Winger, Parks and Banks all got ready for supper. They knocked on Kat's door letting her know that it was time for chow. The unit walked to the Mess hall. It was large and loud. The food was good and hot. There was a station set up with bottles of water and many other flavored drinks and pop. The men sat in a corner table away from the Army and marines that were scattered around. Kat noticed that the men in her new unit were given a wide birth and nobody approached them. Once seated Bama regaled Kat with jokes and stories of his home town and the trouble the men got into at their last base. Parks sat quiet smiling and laughing at the odd joke, winger too. Banks was engaged in what was going on though he wasn't smiling.

After the meal they set off for hq and met in a room with several other men and women.

"Colonel this is Cpl Kat Doyle and Jasper our new K-9 unit! Cpl this is Colonel Jamison head of the base!" Banks introduced the two. The Colonel was a tall man who was in his early fifties.

"Ok Banks you and your unit are heading to the north to work the check stop with a four man Marine unit! They have had five cars run the stop all strapped to the tits. And they want to try and take a someone alive. There are also a lot of innocents going through there. The marines that are there are jumpy and fresh off the fucking boat. People are dying! You guys will be there for four days so pack for the stay. There is a check building with bunks and power. So it'll be comfortable. You and your team will take full charge of the scene!" The colonel spoke Banks and his men listened intently, taking notes where they needed.
"Kat this will be your first outing with Banks. You will also be the only female out there. Stay sharp and don't let your guard down. The fucks that we are fighting, hate us. They fucking hate the female soldiers!" He said to her.
"Anything you will need banks?"

"Just the usual. Sat phone, working com link for Bama. A med supply kit for Parks and Wingers usual. And what ever Kat needs I am still not sure of their needs! I also want my own Humvee to get there and back! I don't want to rely on the Marines to remember us out there!" The Colonel giggled at the last remark. There were wide spread rumors of check details being completely forgotten in Afghanistan. Banks would never abandon his post but he would send somebody to resupply them or to check what was going on.

"You got it! Just try and root a few shits out. They don't expect operators to be there. You should be able to take a few alive! If you do we will send for them! Any questions?" Colonel Jamison asked the group!

KC
 
Kat followed her team mates to the mess hall. It didn't surprise her that most were leery of her new unit. Settling down with her food she murmured a command to Jasper. The dog crawled under her chair so that he was tucked nearly out of the way and he was also facing the opposite way, watching her back. She laughed at the stories, the jokes, shared a few of her own, all in all she felt like she sat fitting in just fine.

After eating they headed to HQ. She saluted when introduced "Colonel." finding a seat she had Jasper sitting between her feet, petting him absently. Listening intently she snorted "Nothing I ain't use to, Sir." When he mentioned the hatred for female soldiers. She listened to every detail of the plan and it sounded solid to her. When Banks mentioned what Kat needed she shook her head "I packed all my own necessities. Jasper and I are ready to roll." She said confidentally. She'd need ten minutes to pack but then they were ready to go.
 
After the meeting the unit went to the supply hut and loaded up with all the necessities they would need, ammo, equipment. Then it they loaded a humvee with a .50 cal mounted to the roof. Banks got in riding shot gun, Parks drove Winger took the gun while Bama and Kat along with Jasper took up the back space.

The ride took over an hour. The stone house had one door two window with shutters and a generator and several cans of diesel. The Marines didn't know who to salute seeing elite operators never wore a rank. Banks walked up handing a Sgt papers explaining who they were and why they were there. The Sgt tried to salute Banks. "Don't you ever fucking salute me out here! Got it?" Banks said to the young soldier. All four were barely twenty. "Ok team unload and get comfy. Doyle you will remain inside at all times until we need you and Jasper. You four leave our k-9 unit the fuck alone. Speak to her only when she speaks to you. She is in charge when it comes to her partner! So let her do her job." Banks told the marines. "Doyle you will come out to inspect every car and person that passes through. We get into a fire fight you stay low and assist when you can safely. Your primary is Jasper. The rest is up to us eight! Bama you and Parks will square off with two of the Marines as will Winger and I! Two four man teams will trade off every four hours! Now lets go!"

Bama, Parks and Winger jumped to it storing gear and setting up coms!

KC
 
Last edited:
While the rest of the team gathered their stuff, KAt and Jasper jogged back to the bunks to gather the equipment she need for Jazz over the next few days. Then she jogged back to get her own equipment and climb into the Humvee. She settled Jazz between her legs again, this time he sat facing her, the two of them took up no more room than she would have if the dog hadn't been there. She was accustom to being apart of teams who didn't want her, didn't like her, and criticized everything she or her K9 did, so it was a habit for her to try and take up as minimal space, to make as little noise as possible. As a result, both her and Jazz could move like ghosts, though that meant that she inadvertently freaked out her previous team mates.

The entire ride, she rode in silence, her hands stroking over her dog's fur, when they got close, she strapped on his duty vest that simply said K9 Unit on each side. Arriving she got out, asking for a sharp heel as she swung her duffel over her shoulder. Watching he marines who greeted them. "Yes Sir," She responded. Pleased that he gave the order for the marines to leave her and Jasper alone. Heading inside, she found a spot to settle in with Jasper. She got his mat set up, his water bowl, a bone for him. Once finished she left him laying on his bed, she eyed the single marine in the room. "My dog won't leave his mat. If you touch him, he will bite you. Then I will break your hand." She said sternly. Knowing she freaked him out, she left the room in order to check in with Banks.

"Jazz and I are settled in. What do you need?" She asked, wondering what should could help with. "Jazz is settled on his mat, enjoying some quiet after the ride." Though the dog didn't get car sick, it was still difficult for him to be in such close quarters with several other people, he didn't much like people.
 
After a bit when Kat came out to address him Banks stopped what he was doing and turned to her, he listened and nodded! "Good, ok well I want you to take an inventory of everything in the house! These Marines will have to live with us and I want to make sure they will not need us to feed them and supply them! When that is done stay close to your charge and wait. These posts are anything but predictable. This one has been hit a few times hard! When it comes to Jazz. Can you call him off of a target if he attacks one? We need prisoners that can breath!" Banks made a joke but wasn't smiling. Kat got the impression that he was not a man that smiled to often if ever. "Should you or Jazz need anything let me know asap. These marines give you trouble do not take it upon yourself to deal with it! Let me or Bama know! Are we clear? Don't worry, you are here for a purpose and you both will be used!" Banks said trying to put any fears that Kat might have that she is there to fill an agenda!

Bama rode the Marines hard and soon had them running in circles for them. Banks reiterated the importance that Kat and Jasper be left alone! The Marines were scared of him and listened. Jasper seemed to put a fear into them as well, they had all seen what those dogs were capable of!

KC
 
She nods, she could do inventory easily enough. Then she nodded, "Yes, Jasper is trained to bite the arm that is wielding a weapon. He is not trained to kill. Though he often causes extreme damage to the arm. And Yes, I can call him off of a bite. I can even call him off if he is in pursuit but hasn't bitten yet. However, if I am attacked, all bets are off, Jasper will bite any part he can reach and he might kill. He's done it before." She mused, remembering the one time she got attacked by the enemy. The rest of her unit had been ahead, so they hadn't seen her getting attacked until they heard the fight. By the time they got back, her and Jasper had dealt with it, Though she had put several stab wounds in him, ultimately, it was Jasper's bite to the shoulder/lower neck that had killed the man.

Kat smiles, "Good. That's why I'm here, to do a job, and to save lives." She said, before leaving. She checked in on Jasper before setting about getting inventory. She was pleased to see that the Marines had their own food and supplies to last the length of time they'd be here.
 
Banks didn't care what happened to a man that was stupid enough to attack them if Jasper didn't kill them the Marines or the unit would shoot them.

When they were done the Check stop was now a proper working one the .50 cal was mounted to a concrete divider beside the road. The gate was reinforced with razer wire and they set up cover spot to both sides of the gate, this would protect them from both gun fire and if it was not to large an explosion. Their Humvee was covered and safely parked behind the house. Banks had Bama and Parks take the first watch the time was now 2300 and the only light was the two spot lights beside the .50 cal. Banks, winger settled in and listened to Kat's inventory report. Banks had the marines get some sleep, he was now wired and ready for a fight he knew he would not sleep for a couple of shifts.

"So tell me why would you join up as a handler?" Banks asked Kat as he settled in close to her bunk. He put the unit close to her and the marines on the other side of the house. The loud hum of the generator could be heard just outside the house.

KC
 
Kat sat on her bunk, Japer standing in front of her as she brushed him. It soothed them both, plus it made her dog feel better. It was mandatory that her dog was in prime condition, and that meant no dead hair on him to prevent his coat from cooling his body temperature as it was meant to. Tilting her head, she looked at Banks, when he asked why she joined. "Oh I didn't start out with the intention of being a K9 handler. I was a foster kid, I was 17 when I asked the state for permission to join the military. They agreed, and off I went. I started volunteering at the kennels three years ago, because I was curious and thought I might be interested in it. But then I saw this guy," She runs a hand down the dog's back. "He was off in a kennel in the back, caution signs all over, but I'd rarely ever followed the rules, so I went in to feed him, clean the pen. He just sat in the back growling at me. But he never attempted to bite." She shrugged, "So I kept going back, the Kennel Master never seemed to notice, or at least he never yelled at me." She chuckled. "And then one day I walked in with a leash and collar, put it on Jasper, and we went for a walk. He was wild, out of control, dangerous. "

She shook her head, "That was went I learned that he was set to be euthanized. So I asked for a month. To try and turn him into a useable K9." She chuckled, "And we did it. The kennel master was impressed. So He assigned me as Jasper's handler, and he put me to work. Teaching me to be a k9 handler." She smirked. "It seems it was my calling. Or at least with this dog it is." She smiles, finishing brushing him. Looking over at Banks.
 
Banks listened to her story intently, He liked her attitude and the fact that she cared about saving a life, when so many in their line of work only wanted to kill.

"Well that is impressive!" Banks said putting his M-4 and his Beretta 9mm in front of him, he took them apart and checked them over. This was how he stayed focused when it was time to hurry up and wait. The team didn't have to wait to long. at 0100 Parks called in that there was a truck coming up the road! "Roger that! You two stay put!" Banks said to the marines. "Kat we will call you out when we are ready for you two! Winger will be with you while you check. If Jazz finds anything you will direct Winger to it and then he takes over and you step back. If we need to detain Jazz you and the Marines will watch them till Winger is done. NOBODY FUCKING FIRES WITH OUT MY SAY SO!" Banks finished. He put his guns back together and got up and went out. Soon he would let them men do all the checking but for now he was going to be hands on. He told the men outside the same thing. "BECAUSE I FUCKING SAID SO! TELL YOU WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE IT! GO INSIDE AND TELL THE DOG SEE WHAT HE SAYS!" Kat and Winger heard him yell at the Marines outside.

When the Truck stopped it was a minute or two before Kat heard Banks. "K-9 unit and Winger do your thing!" He said. When she got out the Marines were standing in front and to the rear of a large one ton truck. Bama was on the .50 cal while Parks was taking pictures of the truck and the people who were on there knees beside it. "Careful the back is full of boxes. Check it out! Remember what I said!" Winger, and Banks had their rifles ready and pointing forward, letting Kat and Jazz do what they needed to do!

KC
 
It wasn't long before Katherine and Jasper stood at the door, waiting. Hearing the signal, she stepped out, dog at heel, her leash attached to his harness. Getting to the truck she looked at her K9 "Revier" The dog leaped forward, nose to the truck, slowly and methodically, they searched the outside of the truck. Getting to the back Jasper wanted to climb up. She looked at Winger "We're gonna search the back." She signaled her dog "Up" They climbed into the back, searching the boxes. Suddenly the men outside heard a sharp bark. "Winger!" Kat called him in, indicating the box Jasper alerted on. Then she climbed out of the truck, rewarding her dog with a game of tug. She had no idea what was in the box, it could be drugs, guns or explosives. Jasper was trained for all three. But it didn't matter, her dog got a reward because he alerted.

They played for a moment, before turning back, Kat wanted to know what was in the box. It had been the last box Jasper had searched, and it was one of the larger ones. All in all the entire search took less than 15 minutes, much faster than people could've searched.
 
It took Winger twenty minutes to ascertain that box Jasper singled wasn't rigged. When he got the lid off it was full of soviet era weapons. "LT I like this dog! We got a score here. And three hours quicker then usual!" Winger said happily as he passed all the guns to the Marines making sure that nothing was rigged to explode as he did it.

"Bama call it in get a extraction team up here to take the weapons and these three!Make sure there is another driver too!" Banks said motioning to the men. "Nice work Doyle, I think you and Jazz earned a spot in my good books. Care to have Jazz watch these three while we wait! Cpl you and Smith get these guys inside, where Jazz can watch them in comfort. Also check them out and photograph any tattoo's or scars in case they are on any watch lists!" Banks said to Kat with the smallest of smiles and to the two Marines that were out side. "Winger catalog the guns and when the Marines get back check the rest of the cargo make sure there was nothing else of value!"

Bama went and called it in. "Great job you two!" Bama said all smiles as he walked past her to the sat phone on the humvee.

KC
 
Kat couldn't help the proud smile when Winger came out with the weapons. She rubbed her dog's head softly. Of course she knew that if Jasper had alerted, there would be something to find, but still it was always a pleasure to see the results of all the hours of training her and Jasper had put into being able to do this. When Banks told Kat to have her and Jasper detain the three men, she nodded, "Yes, Sir." She along with Smith took the men inside, sitting each in a chair. She had Jasper sit directly in front of all three, ordering him to guard. If any of the men so much as stood up, Jasper would bite.

Getting the camera and with Smith's help, they photographed tattoos and large identifying scars. Once finished she grabbed a bottle of water and sat on the couch, simply watching the three men, who glared at her and the dog. Which Kat would admit, pleased her even more, to know she ruined their day.
 
Back
Top