TSCLT 4.0: Bitchy Malevolent Baby Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. It's a chilly 50 here:D.
I made a kick ass pot of hearty Beef barley soup that will be great this evening. I stopped by the store and bought a nice baguette of good bread to go along with it. Tomorrow that soup will be even better. Right now, another planning session downtown. See you all later today.:)
 
Home. Supper is simple and rather light tonight.


Work is getting a bit frantic in anticipation of the architect's visit next week. We still have a goodly amount of stuff to (try to) get done beforehand.


We attempted to replace the guy (yes, one) who was installing 10 replacement entry doors per day. The "replacements" sent a crew of 6 and they might have gotten in a dozen doors. Half are wrong. The other supers sent them away after lunch. I'm delighted that I had not one thing to do with it. So much for the reference we got for those asshats.


Meanwhile, my shit to do is getting its teeth shoved down its throat, as per "normal," so . . . .


tumblr_noxrshJQga1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
I reckon so.


It's 7* out there right now.


I'm still surprised how this place shut the fuck down over a heavy dusting.


Then again, maybe that's better than their being out in it.

Rednecks don't do snow. Drive through Oklahoma and on bridges they have signs: Caution! Water Freezes When Cold. (Something to that effect, it's been a while since I passed through there.)
 
People who aren't used to snow will panic when they drive in it, better to shut things down than clean up wrecks.

Still below freezing here but no snow or rain expected and no one going anywhere, the whole house is sick. I'm past the worst of it so I will take care of the house gotta-dos and order out for food.

As for reading, I've been delving into my non-fiction books again and most people would be bored by my choices.

It's 20º this morning and on its way to 40º. I may head out to Denny's to celebrate.
 
Happy Friday!!!


Its 15 on its way to 45. It'll be nearly 60 on Sunday. All praises to Allah for his manifold blessings, et cetera.


And it's road trip Friday night, so I'll get to spend more time increasing my intimacy with I-81. It is better when the sun is up, but that ain't happening today.


At least the weather should be cooperative, so there's that.


tumblr_noxrsgd8fq1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
A full workday's drudgery followed up with a nearly seven hour drive, all for the privilege of sleeping in my own bed and annoying my own cat.


Well worth every second spent . . . .


tumblr_noxrsepCdK1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Yeah, that is a long time to be behind the wheel. Maybe you need one of those beaded seat covers, recommended by Chinese Acupuncturists the world over.
 
It's not going to be 50 here so it's still too damn cold. I've had enough of this winter and I'm ready for some flowers and sunshine. There is a super blue moon on the 31st though and if the skies are clear I want to try and see it.
 
Yeah . . . or not.


Mom had one in her car once and I hated to sit on the damned thing.


Thanks be to Allah, it left when that car left, and that was two cars ago for her.


tumblr_nuinecpTVH1tk3a8po1_1280.jpg
 
Chinese cabbies swear by them. How can several billion people be wrong about something so crucial? I think that you need to try it with the mason jar of tea since they all have one of those too.
 
And maybe with a nice helping of moo goo gai cat???


Don't the dirt worshippers use the bead seats in their taxis, too? I think that they might.


That's a few billion more for your "argument."


Maybe it really is the will of Allah . . . .


gjo7DsS.jpg
 
I'll pass on the beads and the mason jar tea, just not my thing. I know I'm the token oddball here but I have a big heart.

The lunar stuff is a once in 150-year opportunity and I've found nature puts on the best shows.

http://earthsky.org/?p=270280

Everyone is home today, I have a ton of laundry to get through and chores that have piled up. Time for me to hustle a bit.
 
Nature does do a great show. I'm plotting for the next eclipse since I missed this last one.


Funny thing is, I was getting a partial eclipse in the town where I saw my first totality.


The best view for the next one is down in cartel country.


I have a bit of packing to do . . . .


tumblr_o5kv9aXQWt1qzghfuo1_1280.jpg
 
What do you know, laundry is on my list today too! I also need to do something about the science experiment I call my refrigerator. I was raised not to waste food, so I always save my leftovers, but I really don't eat leftovers. Once they start growing like chia pets, I donate them to the local wildlife. I have two open bottles of orange sauce, which I use maybe once a year. I really need to get it organized.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top