Old 06-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
puzzlepieces
Doing it wrong

Advice from our chatters...

LitChatters --

If you could give a piece of advice to someone new to Litchat, what would it be? Share it here!

Old 08-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
txgent101
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlepieces View Post
LitChatters --

If you could give a piece of advice to someone new to Litchat, what would it be? Share it here!
Be nice.

Be patient. Don't log off right away if you don't get a private chat invitation right away. People want to look at your profile information before contacting you for private chat. And that means: have a meaningful profile, like announce your gender, age, etc.

For guys: Since the ratio of men to women is probably 10 to 1, I find it better to nicely announce my presence and wait for a woman to contact me. The ladies are probably besieged with invitations.

The constant status messages (people coming and going) and audible chirps drive me crazy; so I disable them with the relevant icons in the lower right of the screen.

Don't post the exact same lame teaser message in every room available. You will sound desperate.

Use the Ignore feature (drop down menu with their name) if someone is being obnoxious.

If you are really serious....get a headset/microphone and use a speech to text program to enter your posts. This leaves you hands-free for other activities without getting the keyboard all messy.

If I think of something else....

Old 08-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #3
nillaWolf
Virgin

Don't be a douche...or a twatwaffle. You know, act like a human being instead of a walking genital.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
txgent101
Literotica Guru

Say Good-Bye When You Leave

Suddenly logging off without saying good-bye or good night is rude. (yes I know sometimes the connection can get broken, but you know what I mean). Seeing 'xyz has left the room' and they did not say why or ciao is discourteous.