GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gf and I are thinking about getting a strap-on, just to try it out. We've both admitted to kinda missing the whole "cock" thing.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice??

My gf and I are thinking about getting a strap-on, just to try it out. We've both admitted to kinda missing the whole "cock" thing.

I'll leave this one to the gals. Hello katsmith welcome to the vibe.:rose: I hope you find your answer.

Just a few things to consider:

Start simple - make sure it's the kind of intimacy you're craving, then go exploring further.

Just like with the real thing, quality matters - even if you're just trying things out, do not go with cheap. Make sure you're going to a high quality, reputable store whether in real life or online.

I recommend finding a real store if you can, so you can find the texture and so on that appeals to each of you. Even if you don't end up buying from them, you'll have a better idea of what you're looking for. (You can often find better prices online.)​

Do your research - there are all kinds of different materials, harnesses and lubricants. The more customer reviews you read, the happier a customer you'll be! While to some extent it's all in the eye of the... beholder? Quality will come out in the performance and satisfaction reviews.

And absolutely the most important tip of all: TALK.

Communicate continually. Try not to feel embarrassed, and if you do feel that way, don't let it get in the way of a good and, more importantly, healthy time. The greatest (IMHO, possibly only) downfall to strap-ons is that you're not going to have quite the same give-and-take relationship as you would with a guy, because whoever's wearing the harness isn't going to feel what the other is feeling; they're going to have to rely almost entirely on the receiving person's input. With time it gets easier, but if you don't talk your way through the first several times, the toy's just going to gather dust bunnies somewhere. And that's a tragedy.​

Of course... that goes for any sexual relationship, but it still gets missed, so I figured I'd mention it. Good luck, and have fun! :D

A quick addendum: you'll know a reputable store by its cleanliness and (possibly more importantly) by its staff. You should absolutely not feel "sketched out" by the store. I don't mean that you might see stuff you'd rather not, because these stores need to cater to as many fetishes and... proclivities? as they legally can. I just mean, you shouldn't walk in and wonder what sorts of germs you're touching and breathing. Just feel the vibe(s).

(I couldn't resist. ;) )

The staff are vital, though. They should be knowledgeable about their products, either through literature or experience, and they should not be afraid to talk about it. Absolutely vital. They should know their different types of lube, which are prone to cause yeast infections, which leave stains on the sheets, which types of silicone or other material you might like (based on preferences in texture and flexibility and the like), and which lubes can and cannot work with that material.

Follow your instincts! It's what started the desire for a strap-on in the first place, right? :D

nice wind from the east, making it very pleasant, sunny the world conspires to deaden my darkness. The wind through the palms is very lovely, watered my orchids outside, have the bird feeder filled, thinking of playing some music.

what am I doing? - relaxing getting rid of anxiety jitters vegging.
Listening to. - the wind of course
undies? - turquoise bikinis
:cool:

A silly joke, just because.

There were two nuns...

One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM), and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL).

It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent.

SM: Have you noticed that a man has been following us for the past thirty-eight and a half minutes? I wonder what he wants.

SL: It's logical. He wants to rape us.

SM: Oh, no! At this rate he will reach us in 15 minutes at the most? What can we do?

SL: The only logical thing to do of course is to walk faster.

SM: It's not working.

SL: Of course it's not working. The man did the only logical thing. He started to walk faster, too.

SM: So, what shall we do? At this rate he will reach us in one minute.

SL: The only logical thing we can do is split. You go that way and I'll go this way. He cannot follow us both.

So the man decided to follow Sister Logical.

Sister Mathematical arrives at the convent and is worried about what has happened to Sister Logical.

Then Sister Logical arrives.

SM: Sister Logical! Thank God you are here! Tell me what happened!

SL: The only logical thing happened. The man couldn't follow us both, so he followed me.

SM: Yes, yes! But what happened then?

SL: The only logical thing happened. I started to run as fast as I could and he started to run as fast as he could.

SM: And?

SL: The only logical thing happened. He reached me.

SM: Oh, dear! What did you do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. I lifted my dress up.

SM: Oh, Sister! What did the man do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. He pulled down his pants.

SM: Oh, no! What happened then?

SL: Isn't it logical, Sister?

A nun with her dress up can run faster than man with his pants down.

And for those of you who thought it would be dirty, say two Hail Marys!

*drags in self* Man. It is so hard to focus today, and I don't know why. But... in better news, I've been feeling that old writing bug again. Even Lit-type stuff. So many ideas. Looking forward to having the time to put them to paper!

Mood: scattered
Music: U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky
Wearing: Booties, jeans, and a big fluffy hoodie. It's cold today!

I miss you guys. :(

*drags in self* Man. It is so hard to focus today, and I don't know why. But... in better news, I've been feeling that old writing bug again. Even Lit-type stuff. So many ideas. Looking forward to having the time to put them to paper!

Mood: scattered
Music: U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky
Wearing: Booties, jeans, and a big fluffy hoodie. It's cold today!

I miss you guys. :(

Yay on the writting. I know it is a catharsis for me when I can.

Wearing: my teal tee shirt and jeans
Listening to: the weather channel
Mood: a hell of a lot better than Friday.

Setting a trap for my muse. What shall I use for bait? :rolleyes:

hello you vibers, am I writing to ghosts? all those lovely passionate fun loving people. We dance in the ether, touched and sang. Where are all those loveys?:heart::heart:
new people are always welcome.:rose::rose:

Anyone in the 805 area code in this thread.

Just looking for interesting friends . . . and maybe freinds with benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back