Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #826
Sweetdaisymae
Owned and Collared

^^ what he said!

Hear me sing
http://www.tunescoop.com/play/313435...difference-mp3

Read my story
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-first-meeting-30

Please do not contact me for "cyber" it does not interest me.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #827
DeepGreenEyes
Suspenders in daydreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by neci View Post

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #828
DeepGreenEyes
Suspenders in daydreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Night View Post
Sorry about your Mom, DGE.

Cancer took my father several years back. The sense of helplessness was pretty brutal.
Thanks, E_N.

I'm sorry about your dad.

In one way I feel completely helpless. In another sense, I finally got information from her, even if that information was the last thing I wanted to hear. I also got wise words from a litster about the difference between losing someone suddenly, and losing them with at least enough time to express your love and say goodbye. I'm trying to focus on that, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewoods View Post
Sucks. So sorry, DGE.
Thank you, itw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieMouse View Post
I'm so sorry, dear.
Thank you, cm.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #829
DeepGreenEyes
Suspenders in daydreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslady View Post
Putting treatment on hold for a couple weeks.
Taking a much needed sanity break and spending time with family and friends.
Heading to Nova Scotia. Ocean surf and lobster( before my taste buds change)

Powerful healing thoughts to all. And a of course a big

FYC
I have been thinking of you, in Nova Scotia. I hope you will write an angry FYC and slip it into a bottle and toss it into the waves.

You can't hide, cellfucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasashii_Kaze View Post
Thank you, everyone, for your love and support for SW and me.

Big hug, a couple of shots and a mighty FYC to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetdaisymae View Post
Last night I got a call.

You have taken one amazing lady, my friend.
I hate you from the core of my being.
You gotta know that your small, thoughtful gestures were starburst fruit chews in the gravel for her. I'm sorry, daisy.

FYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecat View Post
Thoughts, prayers, karma, internet love and hugs go out to those who need them.

In the past, I've been a little cynical about these tenuous, ephemeral acts of internet kindness. My present, however, has opened my heart to as much kindness - wherever it comes from - as I can get.

My husband was diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease last November. We've only been together a little over two years. It took me a lifetime to finally meet him (a kinky hook up site success story!) and now our love story is going to be pretty short.

I didn't know much about Lou Gehrig's disease prior to this other than Lou Gehrig was a baseball player who got this mysterious illness. Now, I see it's devastating effects every day as my guy loses his mobility, his ability to swallow, his speech.

I will say all those cliches about living life to the fullest, live each day like it's your last, yada yada... I was cynical about those too!! And now, I try to dance like no one's watching, turn my frown upside down -- it doesn't matter how tired, how sad, how tough it is - I want to make every day for him, for us, wonderful.

I know this is the cancer thread. But I'm hoping this can be a general fuck you awful, ugly, random illness post.
Absofuckinglutely it can be. FYALS!!

I'm sorry about your husband, but you have a great attitude. ALS is such a fucked up, cruel and dickish disease. I have a friend who's been fighting it for five years and have become more aware of it for that reason. The ice bucket challenge has been a mindblowing godsend for ALS. That kind of cash and publicity is invaluable.

Keep up the fight and stop by the Church of FYC anytime. Our only creed is hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
No more chemo and - alas - no super powers, either. We disconnected the portable IV pump for the last time this morning. Now it's my job to get healthier and stronger the old-fashioned way: diet, exercise, and watching bad movies.
Congratulations, MWY! How are you feeling? I am going to send you a big cake with FYC on it [disclosure: no, I'm not] so you can get started on the diet part.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : 08-24-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #830
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post

Congratulations, MWY! How are you feeling? I am going to send you a big cake with FYC on it [disclosure: no, I'm not] so you can get started on the diet part.
I"m actually starting to feel fine, thanks. I plan to start some light exercise tomorrow and a part of me wants to look for opportunities to speak to groups about the experience that is cancer treatment and on some ways to minimize the risk of having to do it. But don't tell anyone as it's just the baby of an idea.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #831
DeepGreenEyes
Suspenders in daydreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
I"m actually starting to feel fine, thanks. I plan to start some light exercise tomorrow and a part of me wants to look for opportunities to speak to groups about the experience that is cancer treatment and on some ways to minimize the risk of having to do it. But don't tell anyone as it's just the baby of an idea.
Excellent. And talk about turning cancer into cancer-ade! Speaking to groups about your experience sounds like a tool that uses the MWY super powers for good.

Congrats.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #832
HellBenttoo
Literotica Guru

soft tissue fibro sarcoma...fuck you, again!

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #833
DeepGreenEyes
Suspenders in daydreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBenttoo View Post
soft tissue fibro sarcoma...fuck you, again!
Can I get an Amen??!

Also: Join me in Friday-Good-Vibeday for Sir Winston and his family.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old Today, 07:54 AM   #834
Yasashii_Kaze
Corgi on Stilts

I just wanted to update everyone on SW. He was moved Wednesday to the VA hospice center where he most wanted to live. This new place doesn't have internet, so he won't be online for a bit unless he uses his phone. We do have a hot spot that I'll go activate if he wants me to. I'll see him Sunday so I'll visit with him a bit then.

I know he hasn't been able to get on here and post like he used to. I've been wary about posting updates because I want to insulate the people he loves most from what I'm going through. I do log in here on a semi-regular basis, so I would encourage anyone who would like to receive more detailed updates to reach out to me. You are all so important to him, and because of that, to me.

YK

Help find a cure!