A May Writing Fling

Not going too smooth here. Not sure it will be finished before 01Jun. But, if it is, I'm considering titling it "GoldenMaia's Fault". :D

Not going too smooth here. Not sure it will be finished before 01Jun. But, if it is, I'm considering titling it "GoldenMaia's Fault". :D

Dang it, Ewobbit, I was so looking forward to finding out how that disembodied brain was going to have sex.

I don't believe that I'm going to be able to finish my story in time. When I started it I thought I'd have it completed by now, however that is no longer the case. At this point I only have a few pages I'm compfortable with, and other pressing obligations are stifling my inspiration.

I hope that I can post something by the start of June, but right now that doesn't seem likely. If I am able to rally to finish, I'll post a corrective message here.

Last edited:
OK, I see how it is

All nine of us walked down to the swimming hole. We all agreed to go skinny-dipping. On the count of three, we all agreed to get naked and jump in. Except you were all setting me up. I stripped and jumped in, only to realize you were all still standing on the bank, fully clothed and laughing at me, pointing as my pathetic manhood shrank in the cold water. :D

Well guess what? The readers in SF&F turned out to be not so scary after all. Surprisingly, they actually like my story.

So c'mon in, the water's fine.

I'm with ya Coldwater. I've just been so busy. Hoping I can use the weekend to finish. Its comin.

Haven't had time to read yours but I see it's doing great! I will eventually.

All nine of us walked down to the swimming hole. We all agreed to go skinny-dipping. On the count of three, we all agreed to get naked and jump in. Except you were all setting me up. I stripped and jumped in, only to realize you were all still standing on the bank, fully clothed and laughing at me, pointing as my pathetic manhood shrank in the cold water. :D

Well guess what? The readers in SF&F turned out to be not so scary after all. Surprisingly, they actually like my story.

So c'mon in, the water's fine.

Yeah, what I thought was going to be a one-shot turned into something much bigger. I'll have the lot done before June though.

Dang it, Ewobbit, I was so looking forward to finding out how that disembodied brain was going to have sex.

Oh, I haven't given it up. Not by a long shot. I'm just questioning whether it will actually be done in time for what we had in mind. At this rate, I'm starting to think it might be ready for "Star Wars Month" NEXT year.

Originally, it was just going to be some voyeurism ala hacked camera phones, web cams, and laptops. But, it morphed into something else completely. Something that I'm sure fans of "Caprica" will either love or hate depending on how well I pull it off.

Hallelujah, I finished. Just a little editing and I will be posting soon. What a blast.

I think this story should be subtitled "Sci Fi Lite - Vanilla Sky." It's quite mild as far as Science Fiction goes.

I am totally to blame! :D

Make sure I get a great sexy scene! Or maybe killed in some random pointless act. That works too.

Hallelujah, I finished. Just a little editing and I will be posting soon. What a blast.

I think this story should be subtitled "Sci Fi Lite - Vanilla Sky." It's quite mild as far as Science Fiction goes.

Looking forward to reading this! Don't forget to let us know when you get it up and posted so we can read it! :)

I read your story, Carnal Flower. It is refreshingly different, I like it. Looks like its starting to pick up some votes and faves, too. Good luck.

Shelving mine temporarily for a rethink now that I know I'm not going to have it finished by 01Jun. Thirteen lit screens and no end in sight.

But, if I get it finished out, I'll post it anyway whenever it finishes.

Mini-contest was a great idea. Not sure I'd've had the guts to attempt this one without it. I may name it "GoldenMaia's Fault" even if it's done in August. :D

Thanks for doing this, GM.

Congrats to coldwater! Awesome work. Cool that you may get a series out of this.

I never thought I would write about aliens but it was very fun. I really enjoyed that.

Thanks for doing this, GM.

Congrats to coldwater! Awesome work. Cool that you may get a series out of this.

I never thought I would write about aliens but it was very fun. I really enjoyed that.

Thanks CF. You are jumping the gun though. There's still a couple more days and your "Thunderbird" has surged in score quite nicely over the last few weeks.

Yes, Chapter 2 of "Virtual Life Experience" is finished, so it is definitely a series. I'm just waiting until June 1 to post.

What's next for you? No more aliens?

Also, I agree, thanks to GM. Without this little contest, I would not have gone down this road. I may stick with SciFi for a little while.

Thanks CF. You are jumping the gun though. There's still a couple more days and your "Thunderbird" has surged in score quite nicely over the last few weeks.

Yes, Chapter 2 of "Virtual Life Experience" is finished, so it is definitely a series. I'm just waiting until June 1 to post.

What's next for you? No more aliens?

Also, I agree, thanks to GM. Without this little contest, I would not have gone down this road. I may stick with SciFi for a little while.

I am happy this brought out the plot bunnies! And that people have ideas for series is even better! I apologize for not having one of my own. The past two months have been pretty mind boggling for me. Ha!

Anyone want to do another? I know the 'real' contest for naked-day is soon so it might take energy away. I'm not sure I will even get my nude-day entry done in time. Dangit!

Is this a contest? If so, congrats, Coldwater! I'll meet you in a dark alley again sometime.

I would be up for another if there are more entries.

I learned a bit about Sci Fi. I always avoid that category, but mainly, I realized, because of the "Fantasy" part of it. I tend to think of Game of Thrones and all that medieval stuff, which is not my thing at all. The Sci Fi part is a lot more interesting to me. If I were going to write another it would definitely be about aliens again--a real alien this time. Fun fun fun!

I'm sort of curious about a "Group Sex" challenge. Again, a category I avoid. Don't like it. Hence, I would love to write one lol

I am happy this brought out the plot bunnies! And that people have ideas for series is even better! I apologize for not having one of my own. The past two months have been pretty mind boggling for me. Ha!

Anyone want to do another? I know the 'real' contest for naked-day is soon so it might take energy away. I'm not sure I will even get my nude-day entry done in time. Dangit!

I was so bummed to not get a story finished for this challenge. I haven't written a word in months, it's been a challenging couple of months here at Chez Blue.

I will absolutely still write my story, and to make up for not entering, I really hope to read coldwater and Carnal Flower's stories.

Back