Love and her crazy life (closed)

Tom looked over to the comotion where the shots were fired. His eyes focusing upon Kayla as she climbed out of the squad car. He took one last look toward the emt's as they were lifting Lisa's corpse into the ambulance. He still loved her deeply, and never wanted anything like this to happen to her. He wiped the tears from his cheek before walking over toward Kayla, but when he seen the way her eyes were he knew not to even try to speak with her. He moved over to where the Sarge was standing. "I don't think I'm going to return to the squad. Take care of her." he nodded to Aiden and walked back toward his car. He lost one that he loved due to being stupid, he wasn't going to push the other one over that edge.
 
Unacceptable. Your refusing to tell us what was going on caused this you will stay and help fix... Ohh hell...

Kayla had grabbed the gun of the nearest officer to her and filled the squad car with lead. She had the mental capacity to make sure no cops were in it just her targets. Once she saw red she stopped dropping the gun and walked over to the team smiling like nothing happened
 
I'm doesn't appear that anything needs fixing. Tom looks back over to the ambulance as it pulls out. I have to call Lisa's family. Unless you plan on stopping me from doing that sir! Tom just shook his head and walked away. He he done enough for this day. He just wanted to find a place to think things out.
 
The sarge sighed waving Tom off and looking to Kayla.

You are still taking that trip Kayla... It will be good for you to get away for a bit. Even if you don't go to parents go see Cameron.

Kayla shrugged.

Sure whatever Sarge... I can head out now that's fine.

She glanced to the retreating steps of Tom and shrugged.

Keep an eye on him Sarge see you all whenever I see you.

She headed home to get cleaned up and ready to go.
 
Tom made the call to Lisa's parents and as he feared they blamed him and his job for her death. They were right on both accounts. He didn't go into detail of what happened but gave them enough to have closure. They asked him to allow them to handle all the matters of getting her laid to rest. He agreed...

After the call, he slowly began to consume the fifth of jack he had there at the house. He thought about calling Kayla, but just didn't want to her her shit just yet...
 
Kayla was on the road within an hour dealing with a call from her brother and swearing him to silence and then letting her parents know matters changed and she was on her way.

Sarge was worried about Kayla. He didn't trust for a moment that she shut off that dark side that quickly but she was on her way to people who could handle it better and he had to have faith.
 
Tom called Kayla's number. He didn't know if she would answer for he was rather short with her. His world was just crumbling down, and now he was allowing the one person whom understood him, made him feel like a man whom was wanted by another slide through his fingers. He really messed up this time and now if it required to kiss her ass to get her back, so be it..
 
She looked at her phone and sighed. She didn't want to answer it but she did.

Surprised that you are calling... I would ask what's wrong but I already know. So... More complaints about my actions... Apologies for me getting kidnapped... Or just finally got that sand to call me a bitch directly instead of behind my back to Sarge?

She knew that was a little harsh but they were supposed to trust and love each other and he was keeping secrets from her and it got at least two innocent people killed.
 
Tom remained silent for the first few moments. "None of you understands what happened. How in the hell could I tell you that I had to divert your attention from the gangland arena when it came to the red dawn. I knew once you walked to that door I failed to divert you so they had only one option and that was to kill you!" He paused "so I was going to kill the one that was going to kill you, but you didn't trust me when I disobeyed you! That right there should have been enough for you to realize that something was up and allowed me to act, but no you had to be a god and take charge and do whatever to show everyone that your a bad ass because you have to be that way because of your family background
 
Yeah I did my job. The job that is the exact opposite of everything in my life the opposite of generations of my last name. The madness that our connection helped balance out and make some sense. I have no choice but to be the absolute best for every angle of my life... If I am not... People die... When people don't tell me things that I need to know people die! I can't change the two deaths that happened today... Lisa and and undercover agent from MI6. People died because I wasn't good enough to read the person who was supposed to trust me and handle my job and be in the proper mind set to protect those innocent hostages.
 
"Kayla, you know I was acting weird this morning in the fitness center? That was because they already had her! They told me that if I didn't divert you they would kill her. So I tried, I failed, but if I told you this morning that Lisa was taken by these people you would have went head on with them to get her back, but they were watching you for months before they took her so they knew to watch you incase I did tell you about them. See I had no move to make but the one I took! Don't you see that! But you know...." Sounds of him guzzling comes over the phone
 
A simple phone call to my brother or parents and I would not have had to act any different. You could have told Sarge or Aiden. Sarge would have called my brother and his people would have done something. But you chose not to trust us... Now you are back in a bottle and I will get back whenever I get back.

She left out what nearly happened to her and what she suspected happened to Lisa. It didn't matter Lisa was in a better place and the guilty party was salsa in the back of a squad car.

So now what Tom?
 
"Why ask me? You have all the answers! But there is one thing you do need to know. Derek was only a area feeler. So that means there is still someone here that is in charge. I don't know who or anything thing else, but Red Dawn is still here." He took another drink, "Anyway have fun! I'll see ya on the flipside." The sounds of another bottle can be heard.."Anything you want me to pass on?"
 
No she didn't have all the answers just the one that someone she loved didn't trust her or the rest of the team. That was always disaster waiting to happen.

Anything to pass along... Yeah one of my few reasons to return... Appears to be gone. Goodbye Tom.
 
GoodBye Tom

That was the last words he heard before she disconnected from the conversation. He went to throw the phone, but there on his Screen saver was a Picture of her in a very appealing teddy. She told him to remove it from his phone, but he just couldn't do it, and now he was thankful that he didn't. His eyes watered up as he looked into her eyes. Even a picture of her eyes was reaching for him. Making him think about what the hell he is doing compared to the way it was. He knew who she was before getting involved with her. She even told him that she had a life that demanded a lot from her, but she was willing to have this life with him if he was willing to let her have that other life of hers, to respect that life and never, ever to force her to make a choice.

"Fuck, What have I done." he threw the freshly opened bottle of Jack against the wall shattering it into several pieces. He watched the liquid run down the wall forcing him to see all the blood that has been shed because of him. Why didn't he let her take this to her brother. He never met him, but he supported Kayla even when she put a badge on.

He looked back at the phone and knew it wouldn't help to call her right now, she was fuming for good reason. He just had to give her the time to see what she is letting go, just as he himself just did. His heart dropped from his chest as her words hit him again and again...

GoodBye Tom...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She drove all night arriving in time to get cleaned up and prepared for the day of festivities for a very special long time family friend who was like another grandfather to her. She also needed the distraction from thinking about Tom so she hoped Lorenzo was there... Yet another male in her life who knew about her other obligations and jobs and was a welcome tender loving fling... Proper in public but that Italian blood and passion of his when they were alone carried far beyond the bedroom. Two very different men in her life from two very different worlds but she could not love either of them any more than she did she just had seen the worst of what marriage could do. Spouses little more than targets and pawns she was not willing to deal with that nor was she willing to give one up for the other.

sophisticated_strapless_sweetheart_chiffon_long_prom_dress-2_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Lorenzo put down his glass of ice tea when his eyes fell upon the most gorgeous lady that walked this earth. His face instantly lit up from his everyday matters to one that he always welcomed. He nodded his head to the one he was talking to, excusing himself so he may go and address the light of his eyes.

"Kayla! My love." he took her hand into his and kissed the inside of her wrist. "You look radiant! and I forgot to wear my shades." He smiled knowing his humor was weak, but that wasn't the important thing that on his mind now. She was here and everything just got better. His smile beaconed the way he felt about her. "I have heard tale, I'm sorry such mishaps burden your shoulders. If I may I would more than happy to help you unload those items that seek to hamper your livelihood." His tone soft and riddled with understanding of what was going on with her.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She smiled to him sinking into his eyes listening to him.

What has my mother said Lorenzo? Or are you fishing to see what the cop side of my life is up to? While yes I have had better weeks on the job At do not tell mother much of any thing so unless I must flush out more spies I am curious. However that can wait it is your uncles birthday let's enjoy it.
 
Lorenzo smiled, "Nothing, you know she doesn't pass that kind of information around. I was just fishing for I have heard rumors on the street of some events that I figured you were involved. But as you say we have other more important things to tend too."

He smiled putting his hand at the small of her back. "So, have you had a moon light walk lately? I believe that tonight is a full moon, and here would be a great place to have one of those walks in the garden?"

He nodded to a few passerby friends of his and her mother's . "Let me know when you wish to umm disappear from this event for awhile." He looked at her with that mischievous look.
 
Well not really a walk but the usual team birthday rooftop BBQ. A well earned break with friends is always good. So while we walk I can't help but be curious about what you heard on the street? Oh and I need to speak to that computer cyberspace genius of a brother of yours while I am here but yes let's go walk in the gardens.

She smiled back with a wink.

I would however love nothing more than to forget the past few days.
 
Lorenzo walked with his usual sway, but he paused for a moment when Kayla asked what he has heard on the streets. "I have heard there is a strong push from the eastern region, a man known as cold Finger was to establish control of some key locations here in the west. I heard, but haven't asked, that your brother was setting up a meeting with this guy to talk about terms. Now If your involved with that well hush my tongue will be, however, I have noticed your parents have been having a lot of meetings with your brother and some I have been told wasn't on the friendly side, again that is something your probably already involved with soo... Yes, I am fishing here to get a better angle of what is happening. I have a few dealings myself that may go toward this man if he is on the level with the family friends." He gives her that 'you know what I mean look' "But if you don't want to take a bite from my fishing hook, I fully understand." He smiled at her and waved it off, "I don't like using you like this Kayla, please lets have some fun." He seemed a little upset with himself almost to the point of being ashamed.
 
Story of my life Lorenzo you know that.

She shrugged then went very business and stared at him for a long moment.

It is never in any family interest to align with a force like that. We will speak later on it after I have had a talk with my dear family. But enough of this it is a bad idea.

She turned back to their walk but still her mind would now dwell on that warehouse and that dark depth she went to.
 
"Yes I know Kayla, but most offspring stay with the family business or close to it as possible, they don't split and have two worlds. I know..." he holds his hand up in a stop right there fashion. "I'm just commenting on the fact that you feel used and this is why. You have two worlds that are blessed to have you in them, but they both demand a lot from you. I would not have the strength you have." He sighed, "I think this business will be the de..." He stopped quickly and changed the subject.

He remained silent for a few moments in their walk. He felt something was heavy on her mind, but wasn't going to push the matter. "So, with all that stuff aside, how have you been?" He attempted to drive the subject change elsewhere but he knew that she was into something deep and being causal wasn't her style. "It's okay Kayla, I understand your needing to know. I shall wait here if you wish to speak with your brother." He rubbed her forearm.. "Please if it will help you relax."
 
No... I am going to enjoy this evening and all it has to offer my talk with my brother will far from pleasant and the talk with my parents... Perhaps a little more pleasant but that will as usual depend on my mother.

So now What does this evening have to offer?

She had to stop thinking about all of it before he popped back into her mind.
 
The smile was almost as big as his face, "Well, what does this evening offer! Whatever your heart desires!" he gave a hand gesture to the open space. "The world on a silver platter. There is nothing I wont do for you." His happiness flowing out of him as if he had just won the lotto. He reached up and cupped her face with his hand. Leaned in and kissed her passionately, his hand moving around her waist and clasping at the small of her back, pulling her into him.
 
Back
Top