The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

My 49 year old husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 7 weeks ago. He goes in this Wednesday morning for a prostatectomy. Had our meeting with the urologist/surgeon today. Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who have posted here, and in other threads, about their experiences, especially with regard to the ED that accompanies prostatectomy. The doctor told us that part of "rehab" would be penile injections 3 times a week. Thanks to the people who have shared here, I was able to alleviate some of my husband's fears about what that procedure would be like.

:rose::rose::rose:
:heart:Angelica

Wish you both good luck!! :rose:

My 49 year old husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 7 weeks ago. He goes in this Wednesday morning for a prostatectomy. Had our meeting with the urologist/surgeon today. Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who have posted here, and in other threads, about their experiences, especially with regard to the ED that accompanies prostatectomy. The doctor told us that part of "rehab" would be penile injections 3 times a week. Thanks to the people who have shared here, I was able to alleviate some of my husband's fears about what that procedure would be like.

All the best (((hugs)))

ps: Fuck You Cancer :mad:

Good luck!

Radiation therapy means I drink a whole pot of coffee so that I my eyeballs may remained peeled enough to work and to parent and then I am up all night long. Repeat. This is a marathon of keeping my eyes open. Fuck you, Cancer.

Well the first go with the new drug for Mum didn’t go well as her body couldn’t tolerate it. They will try again this week, although it isn’t looking too promising.

I have noticed a real deterioration this week. Mum has to walk with a stick now and she isn’t eating enough because she doesn’t have the appetite. And the last couple of days she has times when she just keeps nodding off. I have asked her about moving downstairs as I am most worried about her using the stairs. She is careful but she is so frail.

I am so sad to see her slipping away but so glad I can spend time with her.

Well the first go with the new drug for Mum didn’t go well as her body couldn’t tolerate it. They will try again this week, although it isn’t looking too promising.

I have noticed a real deterioration this week. Mum has to walk with a stick now and she isn’t eating enough because she doesn’t have the appetite. And the last couple of days she has times when she just keeps nodding off. I have asked her about moving downstairs as I am most worried about her using the stairs. She is careful but she is so frail.

*Big Hug* :rose:

Sending hugs.

Mum passed away at the weekend. Me and Dad were with her. She wasn’t in pain and went peacefully. We all miss her terribly.

FYC.

Mum passed away at the weekend. Me and Dad were with her. She wasn’t in pain and went peacefully. We all miss her terribly.

FYC.

*huge hug and then another* I am so sorry for your loss LucyBee, but I am really glad you were with her :rose::rose::rose:

FYC.

Oh Lucy. What a gift that you were with her. And that is was peaceful. This is all we can hope for our loved ones. My heart breaks for you and your family, though. Wishing you lots of peace and strength in the days to come.

:rose:

Oh Lucy. What a gift that you were with her. And that is was peaceful. This is all we can hope for our loved ones. My heart breaks for you and your family, though. Wishing you lots of peace and strength in the days to come.

:rose:

What she said, as I’m feeling sad for you, Lucy, and not at all articulate today. :rose:

FYC.

I can’t express how sorry I am, Lucy. I know how difficult being with her at the end was for you and your dad, but I also know how comforting it was for her as she started a new part of her journey. You could not have given her a greater gift.

Please give yourself a gift and don’t expect too much of yourself in the months to come. Be kind to yourself as rogue waves of emotion wash over you and know that you will get through it.

Hug. :rose:

F.Y.C.

FYC.

LucyBee ~ I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that your presence eased her journey.:rose: ~ Angelica

FYC.

Lucy, I'm so very sorry. It's so difficult watching a parent become more ill and weaker with time. You will always be thankful you were able to spend as much time with her as you did. Those last days of being by her side are a gift. As DGE said, give yourself the time and the freedom to grieve in the months (and years) to come. There is no recipe for grief, it's different for all of us. I hope you and your dad find a little peace and the best memories of your mom bring you both comfort.

((hugs))
Apple:rose:

Hershel from the walking dead

Just learned that he just died of Cancer. I would rather die by a Zombie than ever see another person die from cancer.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
tumblr_pg5n0frDrX1ud0c2o_1280.jpg

Back