Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

but the 25th May was days ago
On May Day we dance naked around the Maypole. Now we await the summer solstice to dance naked around the Junepole and frighten the livestock. Tradition...
 
On May Day we dance naked around the Maypole. Now we await the summer solstice to dance naked around the Junepole and frighten the livestock. Tradition...
ah - that is why the inbox is full of privacy notices
 
I could get used to this working from home thing. Pyjamas, under the Dona, laptop, Netflix in the background, chocolate and a pot of tea.

Yes, yes I could easily get used to this.

That is mostly why I continue working for the devil—I get to do it from home. Working in pjs rocks.
 
I think I’d work for the devil for this, too.
That's fine when you've moved away from the devil's office, selling your home near there, going off to the mountains 150 miles away. You build a new (modular) home. You telecommute over a DSL line in PJs and tea mist, lark-happy, finishing in 4 hours what took 8 at the damned office. Nice.

Then the devil posts a policy change. Telecommutes are canceled. All must work in the satanic office every unblessed day -- except when you're sent to India to train the team that will take your team's work so you'll soon be redundant. Oh, and your team's been trimmed, so you do the work of five.

Do you put your new home up for sale and move back to overpriced Hell?

You've built up much vacation time. You spend it pragmatically. Drive the RV down the mountains to the devil's office park on Sunday night. Work in that damned office Monday through Thursday, overnighting in the RV in the devil's parking lot. Work Friday, then drive up the mountains, home. Take the next week off as vacation. Repeat until vacation time is gone.

Then take the disability retirement, documented when the devil sent you for medical evaluation. Repetitive stress injuries from working the devil's keyboards for a quarter century. Take the payout, head for the hills, and watch from a safe distance as the devil dismantles his tortured workforce.

Working from home, self-employed: Bearable.
Working from home, corporate pawn: Uneasy.
Working on home with retirement cash: Best.

That's the path we took. YMMV.
 
I did. They had a monster genre-changing hit after I left. Coincidence, or... ??

haha - I resigned on the night of a single release launch - too commercial. They were so commercial they were basically in the charts for the next two years in my home country.
 
^^ That is one biased and kind soul!

Kind. You know better. :D Just the facts ma’am.


Lasagna, salad, lemon shortbread, champagne, and Project Runway with Baby Minx. Evenings don’t get much better than that.
 
Public restroom graffiti observed:
Here I sit
On the pooper
Giving birth to
A state trooper​
 
So gardening, or sewing, or baking? Maybe I will just lie on the couch and watch Face Off reruns.
 
And the yearly ruse that I’m actually going to be able to grow tomatoes is on!
 
Seven fucking AM in the fucking morning, the contractors are here already. it'll be noisy today, and I got zero sleep already. Shoot me now.
 
We are legion.

FFL-.jpg
 
Back
Top