Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The dude who looked with Doctor Manhattan is a half-a-Prometheus?

....let's start at the top: what is a Prometheus?

The dudes from the movie Prometheus. I don't know what they are really called.

The dudes from the movie Prometheus. I don't know what they are really called.

engineers. the dudes in prometheus were called engineers.

Ah, okay.

I thought Prometheus as in the Titan. At first I thought Norse mythology mixing with the Greek, but since I don't read the comics, for all I know it it plausible.

Still, you're right, it did look like an engineer.

Which makes me think that since Sky might have a whatnot-SHIELD-code-for-extraterrestrial-object-of-immense-power in her past, my thinking is that she might be part blue-people?

Anyway, great episode. Still blows that we have to go months between episodes. I'd also like to know what T.A.H.I.T.I stands for.

Ah, okay.

I thought Prometheus as in the Titan. At first I thought Norse mythology mixing with the Greek, but since I don't read the comics, for all I know it it plausible.

Still, you're right, it did look like an engineer.

Which makes me think that since Sky might have a whatnot-SHIELD-code-for-extraterrestrial-object-of-immense-power in her past, my thinking is that she might be part blue-people?

Anyway, great episode. Still blows that we have to go months between episodes. I'd also like to know what T.A.H.I.T.I stands for.

The Atlantean/Human Intravenous Treatment Initiative?

Tangentially related:

GreenLanternBD.jpg

Green Lantern: The Animated Series coming to Blu-Ray on 3.18.

Might check that out. DC does real good with their animated series.

Are you gonna go peep Divergent in two weeks? It looks like another movie you might hate. :D

I've not heard of it, but I BET THE SCORE AND COSTUMES ARE AWARD-WINNING!

Tonight's episode: "Yes Men." In case y'all been sleeping through the Thor movies, Lady Sif comes to Midgard to kick some ass with the Agents on rogue Asgardian enchantress Lorelei. Will she also clash with resident alpha-gal Agent May, or will they bond and knock back a few drinks? :D Get yo' Level Seven clearances on and be there!

New-Sif-Photos-From-Her-AGENTS-OF-S.H.I.E.L.D.-Guest-Spot_Sif7.jpg

New-Sif-Photos-From-Her-AGENTS-OF-S.H.I.E.L.D.-Guest-Spot_Sif9.jpg

New-Sif-Photos-From-Her-AGENTS-OF-S.H.I.E.L.D.-Guest-Spot_Sif13.jpg

134611_4937_pre.jpg

Lady Sif???

Pfft....please.

Like she's won any Oscars for her music and cinematography.

This episode had a lot going on, and yet nothing really going on.

But I give them props for having four really hot women in it.

And how do you have a double-sword. and yet nobody gets decapitated?

C'mon, Sif. Hack and slash!

This episode had a lot going on, and yet nothing really going on.

But I give them props for having four really hot women in it.

And how do you have a double-sword. and yet nobody gets decapitated?

C'mon, Sif. Hack and slash!

Lady Sif seemed very....robotic....in her demeanor. Not at all how she was in the movie.

*possible spoiler alert* - - - - - - - - - - do not read ahead if you haven't seen the latest episode - - - - - -

So, if Prometheus-dude isn't from one of the nine realms, where is he from? Anyone know how the comics reconcile the known realms with, say, UFOs crashing in Roswell or other indications of extraterrestrial life?

***Here be spoilers....ye be warned***

You have two Asgardian femmes - they even make a point of saying that Lorelei can handle herself - and the big showdown is a slowly paced, sloppy slug fest in the smallest, plainest room possible? For me, the show is starting to become weighed down by missed opportunities.
The Whedonverse is where I learned that TV characters could matter, and that punishing them could be heartbreaking to watch, and seeing them triumph over impossible odds could be uplifting and inspiring. This was too easy. They wrapped up Lorelei in one ep with a little smacking around. Hell, she didn't even put the team in danger. She should have broken every bone in May's body just because May thought she might be getting under Ward's skin. The only thing lying, manipulative, women hate more than the weak men who follow them around, are other women who might steal their attention away. Then let her get started on Simmons and let's see Ward have some real guilt... (not this "I didn't train Skye enough" nonsense) but that sickening, pit of your stomach guilt, as he looks down at these brutalized women knowing that his weakness, in succumbing to Lorelei was equal to the detachment and ease with which Lorelei snapped them in two. And he can't do a thing about it because of his stupid lust. It's starting to look hopeless, so then, THEN enter Sif....a chick who can stand toe to toe with Lorelei....and has a REAL beef with her... since Thor has tapped Lorelei's ass, but can't even see Sif as anything but one of the boys. Then let the battle royale commence. Let Lorelei get a hold of a powerful man, a dangerous man, someone who commands an army larger and more capable than the most pathetic biker gang ever seen in primetime. Send that army en masse...then let Sif tear them all apart to get at her.....and when she does finally slip her bloody hands around Lorelei's throat.....you know she wants to snap it, and you wish she would. To end the power of a lie.

I can't recall it from the top, but I'm certain through the run of Buffy they had to do a "man enchanter" type story. Anyone remember?

***Here be spoilers....ye be warned***

You have two Asgardian femmes - they even make a point of saying that Lorelei can handle herself - and the big showdown is a slowly paced, sloppy slug fest in the smallest, plainest room possible? For me, the show is starting to become weighed down by missed opportunities.
The Whedonverse is where I learned that TV characters could matter, and that punishing them could be heartbreaking to watch, and seeing them triumph over impossible odds could be uplifting and inspiring. This was too easy. They wrapped up Lorelei in one ep with a little smacking around. Hell, she didn't even put the team in danger. She should have broken every bone in May's body just because May thought she might be getting under Ward's skin. The only thing lying, manipulative, women hate more than the weak men who follow them around, are other women who might steal their attention away. Then let her get started on Simmons and let's see Ward have some real guilt... (not this "I didn't train Skye enough" nonsense) but that sickening, pit of your stomach guilt, as he looks down at these brutalized women knowing that his weakness, in succumbing to Lorelei was equal to the detachment and ease with which Lorelei snapped them in two. And he can't do a thing about it because of his stupid lust. It's starting to look hopeless, so then, THEN enter Sif....a chick who can stand toe to toe with Lorelei....and has a REAL beef with her... since Thor has tapped Lorelei's ass, but can't even see Sif as anything but one of the boys. Then let the battle royale commence. Let Lorelei get a hold of a powerful man, a dangerous man, someone who commands an army larger and more capable than the most pathetic biker gang ever seen in primetime. Send that army en masse...then let Sif tear them all apart to get at her.....and when she does finally slip her bloody hands around Lorelei's throat.....you know she wants to snap it, and you wish she would. To end the power of a lie.

I can't recall it from the top, but I'm certain through the run of Buffy they had to do a "man enchanter" type story. Anyone remember?

It's network TV. You can't really do a hack and slash scene there. Almost all of the deaths on the show have been off screen.

BTW I find your avatar picture disturbing. Like "have a seat over there" kind of disturbing.

Last edited:
It's network TV. You can't really do a hack and slash scene there. Almost all of the deaths on the show have been off screen.

BTW I find your avatar picture disturbing. Like "have a seat over there" kind of disturbing.

You're the second person to ever say anything like that about my av in all these years.

And I'm describing subtext, not limbs flying and blood squirting from stumps. I would only want the fighting to be meaningful and more dramatic, and that Lorelei be portrayed as a real threat. "You're planet is in grave danger".... I never felt the immediate team was in real danger, forget the whole planet.
Ah but take this all with a grain of salt....I've just reached the point where I have to admit to myself that the show is mediocre.
Lorelei was a weird choice, her character is an awful lot like Loki as he's portrayed in the comics, all misdirection and deceit. Now if the two got together, that might be pretty neat.

The Sif/Jane/Thor triangle was well played in the comics for several years. It climaxed in a great issue when Sif sacrificed her life to save Jane. There was a big stick with a lion head on it involved, because comics.

Oddly, Sif and Jane both kind of faded away in the Thor comics.

There was a time when Sif kind of fell for Beta Ray Bill. Maybe it's just me, but I really can't imagine falling in love with somebody I can't kiss.

New episode tonight! This and the next one will be bookending Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming out this week.

As a reward for our patience, the next 7 episodes will run straight until the end of the season with NO MORE BREAKS. Loving it, loving it!

Get your Level 7 clearance on, bitches...it's going down tonight! :D

Someone please explain to me what tonight's episode was about.

My head is still spinning.

Whedon and whatshisname got the script before they even started this series so the rest of the shows are based off what happens in the movie.

ffs...

Might as well stop watching SHIELD until I can get to the theater.

Yeah, it's definitely a flaw in this case. The entire Hydra plot is tied into the film.

While you don't necessarily learn anything new about the last episode, it gives more detail about what's going on and how it happened.

Back