Miscellaneous political debris

Hillary Clinton was denied, though she was Democrat royalty.


The goal of Extremist Right Religious Republicans is to manoeuvre Mike Pence into the Oval Office chair. Say hello, to their version of Oliver Cromwell. The obscenely wealthy elites do not fear the rise of religion in politics.

A Handmaids Tale will not change anything, for them ?


"Long Live Emperor Carrot Head," Republicans cry, as "campaign envelopes" are filled with cash, and delivered.


Trump has proved himself to be a dunce. There were no truly viable Republican candidates, out of the 30 Republicans that presented themselves in 2016 ? The Extremist Religious Right favorites cried out that Trump was hideous. Afterwards, they threw their precious daughters under the bus, and sold themselves to Trump.

Were the Democrats manoeuvered into choosing President Obama ? The long campaign against Hillary and her husband extended over decades. While she struggled to keep America safe, the Republicans colluded with Russians, and tried to pry into her life. She succeeded, as nothing could be held against her. She had her own international defenders, and support structure to intervene for her. But, President Obama and Michelle were fresh faces, and fresh meat for Republicans to attack. Was the attack against minority communities pushed to extremes by design, before the presidential election ? The Extremist Right fringe was nurtured for decades through Trump. This summer, Right Wing Republican websites were still shouting about the Central Park Five ( 30 years ago) despite the fact that they were freed, and given compensation for wrongful conviction, and those involved with framing the teens, and fuckery with evidence were examined in great detail.


https://atlantablackstar.com/2018/0...-not-to-be-fooled-by-trumps-clemency-efforts/

APRIL 19, 2018

http://bedfordandbowery.com/2018/04...red-by-trump-is-now-living-his-fashion-dream/

October. 07, 2016 03:34

https://www.wonkette.com/donald-trump-still-needs-to-see-copy-of-central-park-fives-long-form-dna


It has happened before. Will Mike Pence's corpse be exhumed and mutilated, post burial ?

Charles I succeeded his father James I in 1625 as King of England and Scotland. During Charles’ reign, his actions frustrated his Parliament and resulted in the wars of the English Civil War, eventually leading to his execution

30 January 1649


Oliver Cromwell



April 1999 marked the 400th anniversary of the birth of arguably one of the most misunderstood figures in British history, Oliver Cromwell


https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...n-1090461.html

Charles I's son regained the throne for the Stuart dynasty. Charles II had Cromwell's body dug up, hanged and decapitated. It took eight ax strokes to cut off Cromwell's head, which was covered with several layers of grave cloths.


Cromwell's head was then stuck on a pole at the end of Westminster Hall, where the diarist Samuel Pepys saw it on Feb. 5, 1661. And there it remained for at least 24 years.


Dr. Wilkinson, who gave Sidney Sussex its second chance to acquire the head of its most famous alumnus.

But how do we know that after 302 years of indignities and misadventures, this is Cromwell's head?

The riddle was solved by a scientific study undertaken in 1935 by Drs. Karl Pearson and G.M. Morant, who published a book titled "The Portraiture of Oliver Cromwell With Special Reference to the Wilkinson Head.

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-08-...ver-cromwell/2

(We still do not know ?)
 
Reading of Names Ceremony
October 1, 10:00 pm - 10:30 pm

Las Vegas Community Healing Garden, 1015 S. Casino Center Blvd.

Las Vegas, NV 89101

The City of Las Vegas in conjunction with the Get Outdoors Nevada is scheduled to read the names of the 58 victims on Monday, Oct. 1, at 10:05 p.m. at the Las Vegas Community Healing Garden, located at 1015 S. Casino Center Blvd. Get Outdoors Nevada is the nonprofit partner with the city that manages the Las Vegas Community Healing Garden.


https://news3lv.com/news/local/city-of-las-vegas-to-host-events-to-honor-1-october-shooting-victims

OCTOBER 2, 2017


Bill Melugin

@BillFOXLA
There will be a vigil tonight at 5pm at Las Vegas city hall to remember the victims of last night's mass shooting. @FOXLA

6:22 PM - Oct 2, 2017


http://www.laist.com/2017/10/02/las_vegas_mass_shooting.php
 
The high drama of the Brett Kavanaugh hearings served the purpose of drawing attention away from the second tax cut for the ultra-wealthy


The Republican's newest strategy is to set fires, to create a distraction. Choosing to set Brett Kavanaugh out as bait, created a firestorm.

Republicans have become so callous and cynical, that they display their well rehearsed "set performance pieces" out in front of the public eye and cameras, with ferocious enthusiasm. Republicans have come a long way, since JFK faced off with Nixon. Brett Kavanaugh did not merely chew the scenery. He reduced it to splinters.Is anyone naive enough to think that Lindsey Graham's outburst was not rehearsed until it was nearly perfect ?

Ms. Rachel Mitchell is a deeply committed Far Right Republican. Isn't it odd, that she would come so far up to the wire, and get conveniently cut off by Lindsey Graham in the nick of time ?


Left wing, Democrat-leaning publications protested the tax cut out move, pointing out the amount of debt that would be added, to the amount that the first tax break for the ultra-wealthy would cause. Someone made a joke about Trump's consistent tendency to declare bankruptcy. The second joke asked which nation would provide the amount the USA needs to borrow. Trump is notoriously known as the King of Debt.


Voting yes: Gianforte, Cheney

REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS 2.0: Voting 220 for and 191 against, the House on Sept. 28 passed a bill (HR 6760) that would make permanent several key elements of the 2017 GOP tax-cut law that would otherwise expire after 2025. The provisions include the law's tax rates for individuals, increased standard deduction, expanded child tax credit, caps on deductions of state and local tax payments and increased deductions for pass-through entities such as limited-liability and S corporations. The legislation would cost the Treasury $631 billion in foregone revenue over its first 10 years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. That would be on top of more than $1.5 trillion in new debt over 10 years attributable to the 2017 round of individual and business cuts.

https://billingsgazette.com/roll-call-report/article_83058af7-7825-508e-a623-3bb43b72757c.html

So much, for promised trickle down-

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
Sep 20
2017:
@WellsFargo
CEO Tim Sloan tells me I'm “using math inappropriately” when I say he'll need to fire 20k employees to meet his cost projections.

Today: He says Wells will fire up to 26k workers, while doing billions in stock buybacks.

Sloan's the one who should be fired

5:44 PM · Sep 20, 2018
 
Orange Cheeto-lini tRump voices admiration for Putin. tRump is one of the very few leaders that denied Russia interfered with the USA vote. European leaders readily voiced the presence of evidence of Russian interference with their elections.

The UK has found evidence of Russian operations. Now the Dutch are speaking out.


Thu 4 Oct 2018

Russian cyber-attack on the headquarters of the international chemical weapons watchdog was disrupted by Dutch military intelligence just weeks after the Salisbury novichok attack, it emerged on Thursday, amid fresh revelations of spying that escalated the diplomatic war between the west and Vladimir Putin.

The incident, which was thwarted with the help of British intelligence officials, came after the Sandworm cybercrime unit of the Russian military intelligence agency GRU had attempted unsuccessfully to hack the UK Foreign Office in March and the Porton Down chemical weapons facility in April.

Four Russian intelligence officers, believed to have been part of a GRU “cleanup” unit for earlier failed operations, travelled to The Hague on diplomatic passports in April after unsuccessfully launching a remote attack.

Senior British security officials said they were caught “in flagrante” by Dutch intelligence three days later, on 13 April, sitting in their hire car which was parked close to the OPCW building. They tried – and failed – to destroy their equipment and were immediately put on a plane back to Moscow.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...russian-cyber-attack-on-chemical-weapons-body

Russian attitude ?

Fuck you!
So, what ?
ppfffttttt
You cannot stop us.
We will follow the orders of Putin.
We do not respect you.
Putin pays us.

tRump has followers that admire Putin's Russia.
In Russia, you work for Putin and lie,
or you are a Russian citizen that
speaks the truth in private,
and some speak the truth in public,
and get sent to prison.

America has seen the rise of tRump's citizen operatives,
that are brutal to Anti-Trump protesters.

It is a sign that tRump's operatives are allowed to hurt
American citizens, but they pay the price because The
Law is not under control of tRump.

OTOH
tRump has his Senators twisting the law
to suit the needs of tRump's regime.

Russians that hate living under Putin, might recognize the Russian-style corruption of American institutions.
 
October 3, 2018

1979, Revisited

39 years after the velvet rope was first slung across the club’s hallowed threshold, a feature documentary tells the real story behind the greatest club of all time.

(CBGB)? nope! Studio 54)

Like Studio 54 itself, Tyrnauer’s doc thrives on access. For the first time since he and his business partner (Rubell) were forced to sell the discoteque in 1980, former co-owner Ian Schrager has agreed to discuss the defining period of his life. Now gray, 72, and still a bit withdrawn, Schrager nevertheless reveals himself to be a more engaging narrator than you might expect from someone who always billed himself as the introvert of the operation. Of course, next to an outsized personality like Steve Rubell, even Russell Brand might seem small.

"...the appearance of Roy Cohn as Rubbell and Schrager’s lawyer instantly tells us everything we need to know about the next chapter of their lives."

(That snake put his fangs to work for many people)


Remembering the blow-out party the two friends threw at the club on the night before they went to jail, Schrager can only laugh: “When I look back at it now, it is so preposterous. What were we thinking?”

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/studio-54-review-documentary-matt-tyrnauer-1202009109/
 
When it was first opened in 1973, CBGB was supposed to showcase country and bluegrass, but it would soon become the punk rock headquarters of the world.

Shortly after it opened in 1973, the music club known the world over as CBGB OMFUG became a New York City icon.

Nestled in Manhattan’s East Village neighborhood, the bar was located on the Bowery next to a slew of other bars and businesses.

Following the booking of Squeeze, bands like Television, the Ramones, the Talking Heads, the Patti Smith Group, and Blondie became staples on the CBGB stage.


Real Estate Sharks Ruin NYC


2005, the CBGB landlord, the Bowery Residents’ Committee, sued the bar for $91,000 for back rent that was allegedly owed. The bar paid $19,000 a month in rent and the dispute arose when the rent had been increased over a period of many years without Kristal knowing about it.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/cbgb-photos
 
Suspected kidnappers and torturers

Jamal Khashoggi: Suspects in disappearance have 'ties to Saudi Crown Prince or his inner circle'

‘These people are known... [it] could not happen without the royal family knowing’, says one official

The New York Times reported that Mr Mutreb has been photographed coming out of aeroplanes with Prince Mohammed during recent visits to Spain and France and also in Houston, Boston and United Nations during visits by the crown prince.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...dulaziz-mutreb-mbs-trump-turkey-a8588766.html

The Washington Post plans to publish a new column by missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi in which he discusses the importance of a free press in the Middle East.

The WashPost PR Blog says Khashoggi filed the column just before he disappeared. It will be published online Wednesday night in the U.S.

Khashoggi was a Post Global Opinions contributor who had written opinion pieces critical of the Saudi crown prince. He was last seen Oct. 2 entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to pick up paperwork he needed to get married.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...84311d27129_story.html?utm_term=.1f101932e564
 
*listens to Clint Eastwood speech*

Clint Eastwood RNC Speech (COMPLETE): Actor Assails Obama Through Empty Chair

2012 Republican National Convention

Clint Eastwood amuses the Republican crowd, by victimizing a man that is not there to defend himself- President Obama.

Clint Eastwood talked to a chair, pretending that President Obama is sitting there. Eastwood said ", I have Obama, here."

Eastwood blames Obama for "23 million unemployed."

Needles Obama about promise to close Gitmo.


Eastwood pretends that Obama interrupted him, with "Shut Up."

Eastwood implies Obama has told him to shut up, again.

"I'm not going to shut up. It's my turn."

Eastwood implies that Obama is an attorney, a lawyer, and praises Mitt Romney as a "stellar"businessman.

Eastwood pretends that Obama has said that (?) Mitt Romney should go and fuck himself.


Once, again. Eastwood pretends that Obama has said "Shut Up," in response to Clint Eastwood's characterization of him, of wanting to use the Presidential jet to speak on university campuses about student loans, while jetting in a gas guzzler.



Joe Biden may have made a recent gaffe, because Eastwood tears down the Democratic party, by telling the Republican crowd that "Joe Biden is the intellect of the Democratic party."


Eastwood pretends that Obama has told Clint Eastwood to go and fuck himself.

Eastwood tears down Obama as "a grin, with a body behind it."


Eastwood tells Republicans that "We (Republicans) own this country. He tells them that "Politicians are employees of ours."


(Later, Eastwood softens declaration to include others, Libertarians, Democrats, ect.)

"When someone (Obama) does not do the job, we gotta let 'em go."

Last of speech/ theatrical bit to audience-

But OK.

You want to make my day, huh?

All right.

Go ahead...

(AUDIENCE: Make my day!)

Thank you. Thank you very much.


https://www.npr.org/2012/08/30/160358091/transcript-clint-eastwoods-convention-remarks
 
16 May 2011


Faced with the choice of hosting The Apprentice or taking on Barack Obama in next year's election, Donald Trump opted to stick with his television programme.

(The racist and "birther" years.)

(President Obama's fateful mistake-)

Obama humiliated Trump a few days later with a series of jokes at his expense at the White House correspondents' dinner, with the (???? Now that we know what Trump did, all of those years, we cannot name him as a businessman, anymore.) present.


Trump went through the motions of being a Republican contender, making speeches in key early states such as New Hampshire, and for a short time seemed in tune with the public mood. But he offered little in the way of policies and senior Republicans viewed his candidacy, with its emphasis on issues such as Obama's birthplace, as an irritating distraction.


https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/16/donald-trump-us-presidential-race

Sen. John McCain arrives to attend the Tucson memorial event, on January 12, 2011.


January 13, 2011

President Obanma- Speaking at the memorial service for those killed in the Tucson shooting, President Obama said, "those who died here, those who saved lives here - they help me believe.

They believe -- they believe and I believe that we can be better. Those who died here, those who saved lives here, they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another, that's entirely up to us.

And I believe that, for all our imperfections, we are full of decency and goodness and that the forces that divide us are not as strong as those that unite us.

That's what I believe, in part because that's what a child like Christina-Taylor Green believed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/13/AR2011011301532_5.html?noredirect=on

Attempt on Gabby Gifford's life, kills six

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...atal-chain-events-unfolds-chapter-1/78438074/

These lives do not matter to American trolls and Russia/East European bot farms.

:(
 
*tip of the hat, to Ireadforpleasure

(Certainly, has given me food for thought.)


The Edict of Toleration (November 29th, 1787)


France


With this Edict, King Louis XVI granted the Protestants civil status. He secured their right to live in the kingdom without discrimination for religious reasons.


In 1785, La Fayette, who was back from the American War of Independence, protested in favour of the “emancipation” of the French Protestants.

As early as the end of the 1760’s, demands were being made for a legal recognition of non-Catholics. The most pressing dispute was that of civil status, in particular invalidity of marriages not celebrated in church.

Protestants were granted freedom of conscience during the Revolution with the Declaration of Human Rights, and religious freedom with the constitutional document of September 3rd, 1791.

https://www.museeprotestant.org/en/n...ber-29th-1787/
 
Sandra Day O'Connor has dementia.

Suspected in 2000, confirmed in 2018.
 
How is it that Roe vs. Wade can be essentially repealed, without the court addressing it directly?

FEB 28, 2016

The trail leads to now-retired Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who set a standard that both undermined Roe and helped to preserve it.

By 1992, it looked like the court had five justices that would overrule Roe, regardless of O'Connor's reservations, and send the matter back to the states. This was the moment her "undue burden" language formally rescued national abortion rights. In Planned Parenthood vs. Casey yet another set of restrictions was tested, this time in Pennsylvania. By crafting a decision that replaced Roe's almost unlimited right with her more restrictive standard, she gets a lot of the credit for securing a majority (including Kennedy) willing to leave intact at least the theoretical right to an abortion.


Roe survived, but so did Pennsylvania's regulations.

It is ironic that her calibrated actions — the attempt to balance abortion rights and limits —- have come perilously close to achieving exactly what she strived to avoid in 1992: Throwing abortion back to the states, where it can rend the nation apart.



http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-hirschman-abortion-sandra-day-oconnor-20160228-story.html

2018

Death from pregnancy, and suffering from genetic reproduction organ diseases and malfunctions, are no longer considered an undue burden.

DES(Diethylstilbestrol)daughters, suffer from drug that was given to mother to prevent miscarriage. The uterus did not grow according to genetic plan, and the other reproductive organs did not fare well, either.

Who gives a fuck about some gestational tank constructed of flesh, anyways ?
 
This is a weird fucking year, for America.


Last night, the Charlie Brown cartoon ", It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," aired on TV before Halloween Eve, as is usual. (Despite the fact, that a commercial ad has been hawking artificial X-mas trees since October 1st) Charlie Brown, and all of his friends have been part of American culture, for a long time. Charlie Brown was a newspaper cartoon in 1950.

Today, I read this-

Battle of Britain, 10 July to 31 October, 1940

2020 will mark the 80th anniversary


I thought about Snoopy, and his air battles in his imaginary bi-plane, against the Red Baron.


JULY 20, 2018
Snoopy and the Red Baron, a traveling exhibition on view at the Military Aviation Museum (ran) from July 21 to October 14, (celebrated)one of the beloved Peanuts pooch’s most recognized personas.

On July 21, in celebration of the exhibit opening, the museum will (gave) a flight demonstration of the Fokker DR1, the iconic aircraft of the Red Baron.

Military Aviation Museum is home to nearly 30 flight-worthy WWI-era aircraft, making it one of the largest collections of its type in the nation.

https://wtkr.com/2018/07/20/snoopy-...t-on-display-at-the-military-aviation-museum/

From March 23-June 17, 2018 the exhibition was hosted at the Elmhurst History Museum.

Next stop ?

(Fates willing, despite Global Climate Change) 11/9/2019 2/2/2020 USS KIDD VETERANS MUSEUM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

https://schulzmuseum.org/explore/traveling-exhibitions/rent-a-traveling-exhibit/snoopy-red-baron/
 
WTF ? (Posted on the GB)

gsgs comment- Southern Gothic, in South Carolina ?


Not shot, not a member of the minority community.
Despite dead bodies.


Like anything, else, if you were not meant to know what the real story is, you will never know the truth behind it. Not ever

Even if someone writes a book about it.

The battle is on, but it is just a shadow play.

Sword against sword.


Oct 16, 2018


South Carolina Man Who Ambushed Officers Had 129 Guns at His Home, Sheriff Says

390 shell casings from bullets fired by the police; three different weapons — a pistol and two military-style assault rifles — used by the gunman to fire on the authorities; and an additional 126 guns he did not fire, but apparently legally owned.

129 guns stockpiled at his home and fired about 39 rounds at officers, a local sheriff said on Tuesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/us/south-carolina-shooting-guns.html


Fred T. Hopkins Jr., 74 and his 20-something adopted son, Seth Hopkins

https://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_2da97df0-c844-11e8-ab4b-077be5d5cab0.html



October 31, 2018

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article220893640.html


Fred Hopkins faces two charges of murder and five charges of attempted murder after officers were ambushed Oct. 3 at a home in Florence.

Authorities say deputies were ambushed at Hopkins’ home when they arrived for an arranged interview with his son Seth David Hopkins.

As deputies arrived at the family home, the elder Hopkins opened fire, killing Florence police officer Sgt. Terrence Carraway and wounding six more. Florence County Sheriff’s Department Investigator Farrah Turner died Oct. 22 from injuries suffered in the shooting.
 
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918

Remembrance/Armistice Day

Two minutes of silence at 11am every November 11th.


Red Poppy flowers, and White Poppy flowers


The tiny, little old people lived very long lives.


They were the ones that wore the strange old uniforms.


They attended the memorial, and honored the dead.



Now, their children, grandchildren, and relatives, honor them.

:rose:

November, November...

A much older tale.
 
Saturday's meeting was the first since 1945 between French and German heads of state at the location where the armistice was signed.


Germany in the EU

@GermanyintheEU

Chancellor #Merkel and French President @emmanuelmacron commemorate in Compiègne the #armistice of November 11, 1918 at the end of the First World War. #11November #CentenaireArmistice

51

12:39 PM - Nov 10, 2018 · Brussels, Belgium

Earlier on Saturday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau kicked off the weekend's solemn events with a visit to a cemetery in northern France containing the remains of 820 Canadian casualties from the 1914-1918 conflict.



CanadianPM

@CanadianPM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, accompanied by Minister Seamus O’Regan, speaks with @CanadianForces Veterans during a reception at the National Vimy Ridge Memorial in France. #CanadaRemembers

519
10:43 AM - Nov 10, 2018


https://www.dw.com/en/wwi-centenary-merkel-and-macron-visit-wwi-memorial/a-46239248

This Sunday, 11 November 2018, marks 100 years since the Armistice brought the first world war to an end

https://londonist.com/london/things...don-exhibitions-events-and-other-things-to-do


Armistice Day: Queen attends Festival of Remembrance

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46165002



The Guardian
@guardian
·
4h

Trump cancels US cemetery visit as diplomatic embarrassments mount


12:24 PM · Nov 10, 2018

Then, amidst ceremonies in the French capital to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, a planned presidential visit to the American cemetery at Belleau, a site of immense importance to the US military, was cancelled because it was raining.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...leau-cemetery-paris?__twitter_impression=true

He had an umbrella fail.

Now he will not face the rain.

Trump's very bad rainy and windy day

onald Trump had another awkward encounter with an umbrella over the weekend.

The president was carrying his own umbrella as he boarded Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base on his way to a campaign rally in Indianapolis on Saturday. When Trump reached the doorway, he dumped the open umbrella at the threshold.

News cameras captured the abandoned umbrella rattling around at the top of the stairs, where it was eventually picked up by a Secret Service agent.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-air-force-one-umbrella_us_5bd68898e4b055bc948d79a9


Aaron Rupar

@atrupar
Replying to @atrupar

Trump jokes that he considered cancelling speech to FFA not b/c of the mass shooting in Pittsburgh, but b/c his hair got wet while talking w/reporters about the shooting.

"At least you know it's mine... I said, 'maybe I should cancel this arrangement b/c I have a bad hair day.'"

3,630
3:14 PM - Oct 27, 2018


Aaron Rupar
Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

Trump has already thoroughly corrupted DOJ and SCOTUS. This could get ugly.

9:48 PM · Nov 8, 2018
 
11 November 2018

World leaders, on a bus!

"...the other dignitaries, who had traveled together by bus from the Élysée Palace."

Macron led dozens of heads of state and government including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, on foot towards a viewing stand at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier under the Arc de Triopmhe.

Trump and Putin arrived separately from other leaders at the commemorations, which took place in the rain.

Trump and his motorcade-

Trump's motorcade made a solo trip down the grand Champs-Élysées


Both Trump and Putin were absent as both arrived separately at the Arc de Triomphe in their own security conveys.


Putin was the last to arrive. He shook hands with several leaders but his warmest greeting was for Trump, giving him a smile and thumbs up and patting the US president’s arm.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/wo...mbre-paris-ceremony-trump-arrives-separately/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...acron-and-world-leaders-at-armistice-ceremony

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau went to Vimy Ridge at dawn on Saturday, the site where Canadian forces defeated German opposition against the odds.

(Trump snubbed Justin Trudeau. Trump chose to make a spectacle of himself, again.)


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-world-one-commemorative-plaque-a8627831.html


The president and first lady Melania Trump had traveled to the commemoration separately —

(If looks could kill- Malevolent Melania "stared daggers at Trump" while she stood beside him.)

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article221499740.html
 
"We will not prematurely or unnecessarily risk the costs of a worldwide nuclear war in which even the fruits of victory would be ashes in our mouth — but neither shall we shrink from that risk any time it must be faced."

JFK
1962
 
‘Stunning’: Historic victory for a Democrat in Maine after federal judge rejects GOP lawsuit


15 NOV 2018


Stunning': After Court Rejects GOP Lawsuit,

Democrat Wins as Maine Becomes First State to Use Ranked-Choice Voting in National Race


Victory not just for challenger Jared Golden, but for "voters who demand a fair and representative process



League of Women Voters of Maine
@LWVME
RCV has determined the next congressman for Maine's CD-2! A victory not just for Democratic challenger Jared Golden, but voters who demand a fair and representative process. pic****itter.com/Cu2Na25Jnt

16

12:40 PM - Nov 15, 2018

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...t-democrat-wins-maine-becomes-first-state-use
 
A major symbol of Christianity is the cross, which is shown as the letter "t." Although some artwork shows a crucifixion taking place on an upper-case capital "T."

If the American government suddenly experienced a coup sourced from Trump's current support structure, and uniforms that displayed rank were issued-

It would not be surprising if the "t" or "T" was displayed prominently on the new uniforms.


Flattery of the ego-driven figure head, couldn't hurt. Christianity is at the center of why Trump came to power.

Everything connected with Trump is smothered with the American flag. Why would they replicate Hitler's choice of colours for uniforms ?

Red, white, and blue ? Blue is the favoured colour of Democrats. Red is the colour chosen by Republicans.


Boston would have a slight problem. The symbol used for the MBTA mass transit system is a "T." If anyone wants to locate an entrance to access a train platform or bus stop, they simply look for a sign high up on a pole, or a sign fastened on a building.
 
If hope and love made the heart inside a human ribcage glow, surely "Banksy" would find it difficult to remain anonymous. To me, Banksy is one candle in the window, leading us to love and hope, when the world seems to be nothing but darkness.


https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/banksy-artworks-seized-by-european-authorities.html

Banksy artworks on world tour


Stanislas Eskenazi, the lawyer for the organization who held this Brussels exhibition, said his clients were simply caught up in a “crazy” story sold to them by Lazarides. “My clients are two very nice people. And they have been shitting it,” he explained. “English lawyers can be very aggressive. We don’t know who has the rights to display the art and we don’t want to know. We don’t want anything to do with it. My clients were freaking out.” As for Banksy, his opinion on the exhibition is somewhat wishy-washy, although he did express annoyance this summer when the Moscow leg of the tour charged about $25 per ticket. He later released a statement due to receiving many inquiries about Lazarides: “Hmm. Not sure I’m the best person to complain about people putting up pictures without getting permission.”

Banksy works worth £12m impounded in Belgium after legal row

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...orth-12m-impounded-in-belgium-after-legal-row

It had been advertised as “Banksy unauthorised”, a retrospective of 58 of the street artist’s most famous works, put on display in an empty supermarket in a swanky part of Brussels.

On Thursday night, a Belgian court proved just how unauthorised the exhibition may have been by ordering bailiffs to seize the art, valued at over £12m.

After five hours, and some careful handling, the pieces, including a version of the famous stencil mural Girl With Balloon, were driven away at midnight to an unidentified secure location, where they will sit out of the public eye until another court hearing in January.
 
Nazi army destroyed Vardø, Norway

Fucking Double Ouch



Norway’s late King Olav V called it the greatest castastrophe in Norwegian history since the plague devastated the country in 1349. This week marks 70 years since the Norwegian liberation hopes raised by Soviet soldiers, who pushed occupying Nazi German forces out of Northern Norway in October 1944, turned to despair when the retreating Nazi troops responded by destroying everything in their wake.


After being bombed repeatedly during World War II, the city of Kirkenes in Norway’s northernmost county of Finnmark, for example, lay in ruins, not least after fighting between the German and Soviet troops. Just weeks after fending off a German assault on Russian territory in the north, Soviet troops crossed the border into Norway and pushed the Germans out of Kirkenes. That led its residents, who’d had trade relations with the Russians for centuries, to view the Russian Soviets as their liberators.

Just a few days later, however, Nazi German leader Adolf Hitler opted for a “scorched earth” military policy to make sure nothing would be left for the Soviet forces who were pushing his forces westward in Northern Norway. Hitler’s troops were ordered to burn and destroy everything they could.

Within just a few weeks during the autumn of 1944, the nearby historic cities of Vardø and Vadsø were laid in ruin as were all other settlements and towns in the counties of Finnmark and Nord-Troms.


https://www.newsinenglish.no/2014/10/24/northern-norways-grief-remembered/

Co-designed by Swiss architect Peter Zumthor and French-American artist Louise Bourgeois, the Steilneset Memorial honors the 91 people who died, most burned at the stake, in the witch persecution that started in 1600 and ended in 1692.

To put Vardø’s witchy body count in perspective: Finnmark’s current population is about 75,000 people spread across a landmass that’s roughly equal to Maryland’s. In the 17th century, Finnmark held fewer than 3,000 souls, so prosecuting 135 people for witchcraft and killing 91 was a lot.

“I wasn’t taught about the witches in school,” Jonny, the Meieriet’s owner, told me. “I didn’t know much about the witches until the memorial opened,” he paused and then admitted, “The local people didn’t want it.” I asked him why. Quiet for a moment, Jonny said one word: “Shame.”

https://theoutline.com/post/6613/vardo-norway-halloween-steilneset-memorial?zd=3&zi=22mswadh
 
November 23, 2018


Little Free Library went up a week after the inauguration, its wooden walls painted to evoke the White House eight blocks away. But if the book box coincided with President Trump taking office, its tiny plaque pined for the previous administration.

“In Honor of Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama,” it said. “Lawyer, writer, and First Lady of the United States.”

For a year, few seemed to notice the dedication. Then the attacks began.

The library’s small glass window was smashed in the spring. Its plaque was ripped off over the summer. And when neighbors replaced the plaque with a photo of the former first lady, that, too, was quickly torn down.

Then, earlier this month, Obama’s name was crossed out and replaced with another.

“Trump’s,” the vandal wrote in black marker.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...34a2b33be52_story.html?utm_term=.89dbb64a71a0
 
Back
Top