Dens Want to Delay SCOTUS Hearing

The hearings are scheduled to begin next week, and I expect that to happen, and for the justice to be confirmed.

Oh so you're complaining about this now? What about when your boy Turtle Mitch got all racist and wouldn't even listen to Obama?

Dude you racism is showing again.
 
Oh so you're complaining about this now? What about when your boy Turtle Mitch got all racist and wouldn't even listen to Obama?

Dude you racism is showing again.

What complaining? All I'm doing is commenting on the process and saying I expect the Senate to approve the nomination. As for this 100,000+ pages of documents, it must not be hidden very well if even people on a porn site know about it.
 
Nice attempt at deflection. St Valentine's day massacre, Bonnie Parker? I noticed that you moved the goalpost a bit when you indicated that Trump hasn't been in any crime against a person. Feeding into the myth that no one is hurt by white collar crime. I don't know if he's been accused in court of physical assault but he has been accused of assault upon women by countless women and admitted to assaulting women.

Aside from the from his mouth and that of Beavis and Butthead, they have told completely different version of money from Russia. That probably wasn't reported on fox or any of the conservative outlets.

Deflection? You're the guy who brought up those two notorious criminals, one from almost a century ago. :eek:
 
Wonkette is live-blogging the hearings.

1:52: Sasse says Brett Kavanaugh DOES NOT hate women or children, and that he DOES NOT "lust after dirty water and stinky air."

Hmmmmmmm, maybe we would know if Kavanaugh hates ladies and wants to eat babies and is filled with lust boners for stinky air if we could see THE DOCUMENTS!

1:54: CHRIS COONS: We've heard you're just a real nice dad and a total carpooler and you even coach youth basketball. I literally could not give less of a fuck about that! We're kind of talking about a lifetime Supreme Court appointment here, and the last time we had a legitimate nominee, his name was MERRICK FUCKING GARLAND.

1:57: COONS: Mr. Kavanaugh, you've literally been somewhere near every crime the GOP has committed the past 20 years. This leads me to wonder if MAYBE you should GTFO right now.

Also you do indeed seem to hate women and gays and probably puppies, and then there is that weird thing about how you think Republican presidents shouldn't even have to answer to God. Hell, Donald Trump probably only picked you in order to protect his own ass. It's amazing that you suck so hard, but not particularly surprising.

Kabuki theatre? :eek:
 
Deflection? You're the guy who brought up those two notorious criminals, one from almost a century ago. :eek:

If something were to happen to Beavis or Butthead, you could step right in and the Trump family farce wouldn't miss a beat.
 
What complaining? All I'm doing is commenting on the process and saying I expect the Senate to approve the nomination. As for this 100,000+ pages of documents, it must not be hidden very well if even people on a porn site know about it.

If I have a book, and I won't let you read it, does it not exist?
 
The Dems trotted out its Fembots today, but the Dems performed like OGG and PILOT on Nyquil. They cant cjange the outcome.
 
Kava-Nah!

or

Kava-Nope!


I was so pissed someone on Wonkette stole my joke.:(
 
Kavanaugh danced around so many questions that I thought Trump was answering for him.
 
‘Something to hide’: Watergate’s John Dean offers Brett Kavanaugh advice at confirmation hearing

“Judge Kavanagh’s nomination has raised issues about the truthfulness at his confirmation to become a judge on the D.C. Circuit,” Dean noted. “His answers to this committee have not resolved the issue.”

“Frankly, I’m surprised that Judge Kavanagh is not demanding that every document that he’s ever handled, be reviewed by this committee,” Dean noted.

“Unless, of course, there’s something to hide,” he added.

:D
 
When Supreme Court Justice Scalia died, President Barack Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the seat. Garland had an excellent reputation and was respected on both sides of the political aisle. Garland had been praised in the past by many Republicans, including influential senators such as Orrin Hatch of Utah.

Did the Republicans quickly schedule hearings for Obama's nominee to the high court?

NO!! In point of fact, Senator Mitch McConnell announced that he would NEVER schedule hearings for Merrick Garland! What McConnell did was illegal and a violation of his oath of office and yet McConnell claimed that "One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,'" and he refused to allow Merrick Garland to ever have a hearing or be brought up for a vote.

And now we have Brett Kavanaugh, a judge who does NOT have an excellent reputation and is NOT respected on both sides of the political aisle and is such a horrible pick that he is complicit in a Republican scheme to hide 100,000 pages of documents that detail Kavanaugh's work history.

Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump and other Republicans are trying to rush Kavanaugh's hearings and get a vote on him before anybody can find out just how horrible a judge Kavanaugh really is. They want the United States Senate, the Free Press and the American People to be ignorant of Kavanaugh's record until AFTER the vote!

Don't ever tell me that there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans.

The Democrats nominated a highly respected judge with bipartisan support and the Republicans childishly refused TO EVEN HOLD HEARINGS FOR HIM! The Republicans have nominated a judicial extremist, who is so horrible THEY HAVE TO HIDE HIS PAST and RUSH HEARINGS SO HE GETS A VOTE BEFORE ANYBODY CAN DISCOVER JUST HOW UNQUALIFIED HE REALLY IS!!

The two parties are not the same, not even close.
 
Last edited:
“I Mitch McConnell do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

This is the oath of office that Mitch McConnel took when he became a senator of the United States of America, however McConnell acts more like a criminal than a United States Senator.

According to the United States Constitution the United States Senate is supposed to engage in a partnership with the President of the United States and advise the president on all judicial appointees, hold public hearings and then hold a vote in the United States Senate to vote the president’s nominees up or down.

Mitch McConnell doesn’t really give a damn about the U.S. Constitution, and when Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died, McConnell refused to allow President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court to ever come up for a vote.

Despite the fact that this was a violation of McConnell’s oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, McConnell claimed that "One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,'" and he refused to allow Merrick Garland (Obama’s nominee) to ever have a hearing or be brought up for a vote.

This was an utterly illegal and unconstitutional act on Mitch McConnel’s part, but wait, it gets even worse.

When it was learned that one of America’s foreign enemies had hacked the computers of American citizens and was attempting to rig the 2016 national election in Donald Trump’s favor, key lawmakers (including Mitch McConnell ) were invited to the White House to ask for a bipartisan condemnation of Russia’s meddling.

This should have been an easy request for Mitch McConnell to accede to. After all he had sworn an oath to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. However, Mitch McConnell refused to condemn Russia’s meddling, and threatened to accuse President Obama of meddling in the election if he made the intelligence about the Russian interference public.

A patriotic American (whether they took an oath or not) would have put America’s national security above partisan politics, however, Mitch McConnell sided with the Russians and Donald Trump rather than side with the United States of America. So why would Mitch McConnell do something so extraordinarily un-American?

The answer may have a lot to do with an associate of Vladimir Putin who has given a great deal of money to Mitch McConnell.

McConnell accepted $2.5 Million from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin's favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.

During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonard "Len" Blavatnik contributed $2.5 million to Mitch McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund.

So, McConnell is a dishonorable man who violates his oath of office, refuses to do his job, dishonors the U.S. Constitution and takes millions of dollars from shady, untrustworthy people.

And when he’s told that his country is under attack, does he take a stand for his country and immediately take strong actions to defend the United States of America?

NO! He takes a strong stand to defend the hostile nation that attacked us!

So, while Mitch McConnell has no loyalty to the United States of America, he DOES have millions of dollars that he received from his shady friends overseas.

As Donald Trump continues to weaken the NATO alliance, hurt America’s reputation overseas and give Vladimir Putin everything that he wants, perhaps those millions of dollars will help Mitch McConnell sleep at night.
 
When Supreme Court Justice Scalia died, President Barack Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the seat. Garland had an excellent reputation and was respected on both sides of the political aisle. Garland had been praised in the past by many Republicans, including influential senators such as Orrin Hatch of Utah.

Did the Republicans quickly schedule hearings for Obama's nominee to the high court?

NO!! In point of fact, Senator Mitch McConnell announced that he would NEVER schedule hearings for Merrick Garland! What McConnell did was illegal and a violation of his oath of office and yet McConnell claimed that "One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,'" and he refused to allow Merrick Garland to ever have a hearing or be brought up for a vote.

And now we have Brett Kavanaugh, a judge who does NOT have an excellent reputation and is NOT respected on both sides of the political aisle and is such a horrible pick that he is complicit in a Republican scheme to hid 100,000 pages of documents that detail Kavanaugh's work history.

Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump and other Republicans are trying to rush Kavanaugh's hearings and get a vote on him before anybody can find out just how horrible a judge Kavanaugh really is. They want the United States Senate, the Free Press and the American People to be ignorant of Kavanaugh's record until AFTER the vote!

Don't ever tell me that there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans.

The Democrats nominated a highly respected judge with bipartisan support and the Republicans childishly refused TO EVEN HOLD HEARINGS FOR HIM! The Republicans have nominated a judicial extremist, who is so horrible THEY HAVE TO HIDE HIS PAST and RUSH HEARINGS SO HE GETS A VOTE BEFORE ANYBODY CAN DISCOVER JUST HOW UNQUALIFIED HE REALLY IS!!

The two parties are not the same, not even close.

What McConnell did was not illegal, but it was certainly highly unethical, even for a politician. Even so, it was no worse than the kind of thing Harry Reid did a few
times.
 
If they had the right to not hold hearings for Garland what were his chances of being approved by the same group, pretty dismal I would think, why bother.

They didn't have the "right" to do it. They had the power and the gall to do it. Those aren't the same. That's rather the point in objecting to what they did at the time. They had the responsibility to "advise and consent." Not even holding hearings or taking votes is neither of the actions they had a "right" and "responsibility" to do under the Constitution.
 
Back
Top