A Genius And His Shadow (Closed)

He chuckled,

"Well then, time to call it a day, let's switch off and secure the machine. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for you."
 
She nodded and turned off the machines, humming a song to herself.

But then she stopped and looked at him.

"Why is it a busy day for me? It is for you to isn't it Otto?" She removed her lab coat and walked up to him.
 
Otto Octavious

"Ah but I will be behind the scenes my dear, you are going to be the face of the demonstration."

The four tentacles waved around, their jaws snapping open and close,

"These tend to make people think that I'm a villian and that is the sort of thinking that I don't like, it meddles with possitive thinking."
 
She smiled some as she listened to him and nodded.

"Well to hell what they think" She said simply, she held on to two of the arms and smiled some.

"Your no villain, I know that and that's all that matters" She said happily.

V even put her hands were the "Jaws" were her way of holding hands and she wasn't afraid in the least.
 
Otto Octavious

"The world needs more people like you my dear, so what plans do you have for the evening?"

What was he asking? It sounded more like he wanted to ask her out for a date than a mentor asking a student what the rest of her evening held for her. But it was asked so he waited to hear how she took it.
 
She smiled some and nodded, she did agree.

"Yeah people need to use there hearts not there brains" She chuckled.

"I'm not doing anything, I was going to stay around if you didn't mind?" She loved hanging around Otto.
 
Otto Octavious

"Well I am going to cook up a meal, pasta with a sauce, so if you want some you are more than welcome to join me. Just bring your own wine, I'm afraid that my taste in wine is not to anybody's enjoyment."

He smiled, he knew that with her around there would be a lot of talking and that lead to an early night. He still had his doubts about Osborne's gadget, but so far he could see nothing wrong with it.
 
She smiled some and nodded "Id like that" Leaving the lab she sighed a bit and once she could relax more, she slipped out of her shoes. Rubbing the back of her neck, when he talked about his taste in wine she was curious on what he drank. So since it was just the two of them, she walked over to where he keeps the wine. She was curious to what he drank, so she took a look. "I'm not like everyone else Otto" She took a glass and poured a little bit and drank it. It was actually pretty good, she grinned happily.

"Your taste of wine is fine" She said happily.
 
Last edited:
He followed her and sat down in a chair made for him,

"Well because it is not my wine my dear."

The arms moved as they picked up a glass from nearby, then reached into a hidden door, pulling out a bottle and poured the wine, before handing him the glass.

"Are you sure that you would want to have a taste?"
 
She smiled some looking at him and nodded.

"I'm sure, curiosity killed the cat I know" She giggled some.

Watching the arms move around, she was taken back by how they moved, they were incredible like him.
 
Otto Octavious

One of the the arms reached out towards her, tilting the bottle and poured some of the wine into her glass. Just enough for a taste. Otto was quite comfortable with the arms by now, where in the beginning they dominated him and was akward to really work with. Now they worked perfectly, what made it even better was that he just thought of something and the arm did it on it's own, no need to oversee it.

"Well then, it should not kill you, but it is a bit dark and strong."
 
She smiled some as she watched the arm pour her a mouth full, putting it up to her nose. It smelt delicious, she put the glass up to her mouth and gently sipped the wine. It was very strong, but it was also very good. And she smiled some.

"It's strong yes, but it's very delicious and no I'm not just saying that either" She said happily. "My parents always drank strong wine, course they were always very fancy when it came to what they drank to" She said kindly.
 
He smiled at her,

"Well one must have his vices and this is mine, sure not one of the best to have, but at least I enjoy it."

He drank from his own glass and sat back, he would start the meal soon, but for now he was going to enjoy his time with her. It was not very often that he entertained guests and having her near...yes you may admit it Otto, you like her more than just a student, but she of course did not need to know that.

"So still beating the boys away with a stick?"

He gave her a naughty grin as he said it.
 
She smiled and laughed some at his comment.

"Yeah, they just don't get it I'm not into college boys. Ive yet to meet a mature college guy, since they only want to do three things, get drunk, get a pretty girl drunk and have sex" She laughed at herself.

"And I'm not into any of it, there is more to relationships then sex, but they don't seem to get it, and they never will" She grinned some, enjoying the wine.
 
He nodded,

"True, but it is also a clear fact without sex many relationships fall apart. So either you have to build a relationship without any sexual pressure, or build one where there is sex, but within boundaries."

He shrugged,

"Of course sex without love is just lust and that means giving in to your base nature. Yes that does seem to happen a lot these days."
 
She nodded

"Yeah I know every relationship needs it, but not without love. Guys just want me because I'm cute, not because they are in love with me. They could take some lessons from you Otto. You are like the most kind, generous and a gentlemen."
 
Otto Octavius

"As long as they don't take lessons from my father, luckily with my mom's help and of course age I have come to learn a few worthy lessons."

He sipped his wine and got up,

"Time to prepare the worst meal you can conceive."

He chuckled,

"But I will guarantee that you will live through it."
 
She smiled some and nodded, but what he said next made her really laugh.

"Oh come on Otto, you cook for yourself and your fine" She grinned some.

"Your much to hard on yourself" She watched him and hoped that he would be alright, he was much to hard on himself, even if he was kidding.

"I'm sure anything you make will be delicious"
 
Otto Octavius

"Of course, I had deans dining on my pastas like convicted men dines on cheeseburgers."

He moved into the kitchen, the arms going their own ways to start with the preparation of the meal.

"I at times find that all this preparation for a meal is so...unnecesarry. I mean you take almost an hour to prepare a meal that you will eat in ten minutes or less."

He peeked out from the serving bay,

"What is your view on that?"
 
She took another sip of wine and looked at him.

"It depends really, some people really love to cook. They see it as a hobby, and fun to do. I see it as a pain in the ass, unless I'm cooking for someone. Then I love to cook if I was say cooking for you, id have fun. But cooking for one is a pain" She smiled.
 
Otto Octavius

"And that is exactly why I think that it is a waste of time and resources. But one must eat so until we learn to assimilate our proteins and fibres we will have to cook."

He ducked back into the kitchen and continued with his preparation
 
She laughed some, while she sat back she noticed the piano that he had. Standing up she pushed up the sheet. V knew he hadn't even touched it since his wife died, since she was the piano player. Sitting down on the bench she ran her fingers over the key's. A song came to her head, as she closed her eyes and began to play.

Her fingers moving on the key's, her foot moving on the petals. She was playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata first movement, she knew Otto liked classicul music, so decided to give him something to listen to.


Beethoven-Moonlight Sonata (Mvt. 1)
 
Otto Octavius

He listened as she played, it brought back good memories to hear Beethoven played on the piano again. Of course some of the keys were out of tune, but that did not deduct from the magic of the moment. When the food was busy cooking, he went back out and sat down watching her playing and listening as he drank his wine.
 
She enjoyed playing, it made her feel at piece. When she finished, she turned her head and smiled seeing Otto sitting down. Standing up she brushed away a strand of her hair and smiled.

"Glad you still kept your piano, good to hold onto some things from the past. Good memories and all that" She said happily. She could smell the food, it smelt really good.

"Mmm something smells good" She grinned happily.
 
Back
Top