HBO: True Detective

The one and only review I read, wasn't so great. That said, I'll be watching...like the cast

I have seen some great reviews. One critic said it was the best new show on HBO since The Wire.
 
I don't watch tv, mostly cuz I'm blind, but I wasn't impressed with 95% of the real detectives I worked with IRL. Theyre liars, brutish, and stupid, in most cases....just like Raymond Chandler and others depict them.
 
I'm gonna be watching it.... If only for Alexandra Daddario's nude scene.
 
Well, that was worth watching! By the way, the same people who did The Wire did this....
 
I had my doubts in the beginning, I needed it to move faster but by the end I was hooked.
 
Yes! I just saw an ad when looking for my Besame Mucho download and it's right up my alley. I do hope Matthew Mcconaughey can reach beyond his typical smarmy character trait that he usually does.
Me, too!
 
I like the way I'll catch the first season on Netflix in one weekend . . . or not, should it not make it that far.


My favorite Woody role is a toss-up between his blowing himself up in Thin Red Line and when Anton Chiguhr gets him.
 
I'm hooked.

Not on the action so far - this thing moves slooow and I'm not sure where they're going with it - but the atmosphere is awesome and the acting is great.

Kinda like the title song too. :)
 
I like the way I'll catch the first season on Netflix in one weekend . . . or not, should it not make it that far.


My favorite Woody role is a toss-up between his blowing himself up in Thin Red Line and when Anton Chiguhr gets him.

You may be disappointed, it looks like he probably survives this one.
 
I finally got my HBO GO to cough this show up, and I was not disappointed.

As others have said, it moves slow, and requires that you pay attention, but I am intrigued.

I did think the murder scene scenario was a bit too close to those on Hannibal, but that didn't really detract from the show overall.
 
Back
Top