Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Literotica Chat Support Forum

Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #1
LittleBoy_Subservient
Virgin

Problems with some chat rooms and chatters

Hello Admins and mods,

I'm stating a few usual problems faced by me and many other chatters in some of the chat rooms. I hope you will read this with an open mind and try to understand the problem.

1- It goes without saying at this point that literotica chat is filled with 80% men on female profiles. The entire bi/les room is a result of this pretense. I, nor anybody else has any problems with this. But, there are still some fakers/chatters, say AnnoftheMall, BustywifeN and many others who, try to belittle the genuine people in other chat rooms. Suppose a person posts an ad looking for a roleplay, these fakes will try to vilify the person, because doing so goes on with their argument of ''Men are stupid. That's why I only play with women now". And god forbid if someone was to respond a tad angrily to one of these belittling gestures of theirs. The escalation goes on to mods and the innocent person ends up as the culprit.
THIS HAS TO STOP. OR THE MODS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE AT HAND.

2- Some of the rooms concerned with BDSM, like the submissives room and Humiliate and degrade room houses old school, long time BDSM chatters who might very well be best friends with mods and admins alike. I understand they might be very well respected in the lit community too. But that does not give them the right to judge other budding players who might be starting their journey in exploring BDSM. If some old school BDSMer makes such a remark to a chatter, and the next chatter 'reacts' impulsively, the entire issue should be seen in context of what happened and not exclusively.
If personal comments like "Oh the little guy must be staying in his mother's basement, he must be so frustrated" and "Looks like someone forgot to wear his panties today" are made, and the person replies on a similar line, aren't both parties at fault here? Why should the person the mods are not friends with be warned against reacting, and the actual instigator goes unpunished?

3- The more public channels/rooms at literotica, say those appearing at the first 2 pages are ofcourse the most popular. Many a times, they are used by chatters to post ads searching for a little roleplay partner, or a kink, or anything for that matter. I'm not saying that's what those rooms are for, but everytime one can find TWO, just TWO people chatting away in the room between themselves, which buries the ads/requests posted by other chatters. If the original chatter who posted that ad were to object politely, say "Could you please not bury the ad?", siting the fact that two people can always PM and talk, not let the entire room know how many pancakes they made on a particular day, or how long a particular screw in a car is taking to be tightened by the mechanic; They will start ganging up on the particular chatter along with their team of old friends. And they will even complain the chatter to the mods. !! I just don't understand how the culprit gets to play the victim and the mods entertain this fact.

Please pay attention to these issues with a chilled mind, and try to act without your own prejudices over who you think is your friend and who you think is a douche. We are all here to just try and have some fun time in our busy schedules. It would be lovely to keep things as amiable as we can.

Also, the reasoning of "If you don't like something on lit chat, LEAVE" is not so right. Many of us have taken to love this platform for what's good here, and the few rotten things need to be set straight rather than asking us to throw away the entire basket.

With respect,
LBS

Old 03-14-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
Quip
Really Experienced

LBS - Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns!
I will attempt to address a few things, and hopefully that will help:
1) I am confused as to where you got the 80% figure. It sounds specific, but comes across as subjective. You also implied that everyone in the bi/les room fake women. That seems unlikely, doesn't it? The observation seems specious.
..And even if it were provable or correct- Litchat has no rule or policy that prevents people from identifying as another gender. This is also why we usually shut that kind of finger pointing down.
Lit Chat does not have a rule against what other people see as obnoxious behavior.
Personal invective, name calling, epithets will all get a person kicked/banned, but if they are merely being negative to requests in the rooms? Sorry, that isn't against the rules.
If you see us continuously interject in scenarios like this, that could likely be the reason.
That said, we are in agreement- those situations certainly need to stop escalating.
2) This is actually an excellent point. It is something we try to approach the way you suggested, every time. I understand that tempers can flare, but I think some of this may be tempered by unpleasant personal experience. Everyone cant be made happy all the time. But yes, respect is important! Absolutely agreed.
3) Spamming is expressly forbidden per Lit Chat rules. Part of the reason is that it DOES irritate everyone.
Even so? There are several rooms where this rule has been relaxed considerably. I suggest trying one of them perhaps.
Lit Chat regularly experiences a higher volume of people visiting per day than it has before. We absolutely want those people who enjoy Lit Chat to continue chatting with us.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
LittleBoy_Subservient
Virgin

Explaining my point 3 further here.

Hi Quip,

Thanks for the quick turnaround and I'm really grateful for such an open minded response. I would quickly explain my concern over #3. This is not so much about spamming rooms with ads, as it is about flooding the scroll with unnecessary personal chat, carried out by chatters in public channels where 40/50/60+ people are sitting. Of course, it's supposed to be a group chat room, and there cannot be a rule put in place against two people if they wish to chat in a room, rather than going private.

Still, I would like to suggest my take over why the mods constantly face the problem with frequent ads posted by chatters(Not counting those pasted by bots which are actual spam).

Suppose a person posts an ad in a public channel, and within 10 minutes of posting it, the ad gets buried under a conversation between two chatters in the room, it goes without saying that the person posting the ad would be tempted to repost. Because his ad is no longer visible in the scroll, and he is not likely to get any response. This leads to the problem of 'ads becoming spam'. While I try to adhere with lit rules of 3 ads per hour across all channels, not everyone can observe that, and sometimes, mods are even tempted to kick people for 1+ ads within an hour.

What my point is that, if the person posting that ad politely asks the chatters to not bury it with their irrelevant conversation (which is, in fact even more IRRITABLE than an ad), that person becomes the black sheep of the room for some reason. And once again, the room starts ganging up on him. Even when he isn't a spammer, he is blamed for spamming, and eventually either asked to leave the room or gets kicked out after escalation to the mods.

I would completely agree with you on the fact that unless there is a breach of rules/decorum in chat, these personal spats should never be escalated to the mods. Unless there is some serious namecalling or misconduct involved. I agree nobody is really at fault in this situation, and so it should be considered part and parcel of how chat rooms function.

IF HOWEVER, the mods in question target the person simply based on the escalation from others, then it becomes a problem. In essence, he is not in violation of any rules, he is just trying to have his say in the public room. If at all there is a need to take any action against the person, it must be backed by substantial proof and not just hearsay.

I hope all can agree with me on this.

Thanks much, and I appreciate the time and work all admins and mods put into lit chat.
LBS

Old 03-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
puzzlepieces
Doing it wrong

Thing is, it's a CHAT room, not an AD room.

If people want to chat, that's the purpose of Lit.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
LittleBoy_Subservient
Virgin

Thanks

Hi Puzzle,

Thanks. As you might have read, I understand that fact and as you might have read, I'm not saying it's an ads room. In fact, I was just explaining how multiple ads are posted in rooms. Anyhow, I'll tell you my major concern on this-

Because of all these problems, we see the matters escalated to mods a lot of the times. As I explained, even when the person in question might not be at fault, the mere fact that mods are getting escalations against a particular person makes them angry at the person. Even when he might not be behaving in an inorderly fashion and would not be breaking any rules, the mods, who are ofcourse humans at the end of the day, get pissed because people might be pouring in to express their own grievance regarding this particular person.

As Quip agreed too, things like this should not be escalated to mods. Because they are personal arguments between usually 2 people. When something like this is reported to mods, they will naturally tend to see the person in negative light, and but him in their black books. Even if he might not be at fault, and there might not be any evidence against him. The presupposition "Since so many people have problems with him, he must be doing something wrong" has to go. Being unpopular among some people should not be interpreted as "being kickable" or "being ban-able". I understand this is a private site, and the mods/admins/owners have complete luxury to run the site as they want. If they find a person is creating a lot of nuisance and should be evicted from lit, there is no stopping them. I just wanted to point out the circumstances which lead to mods receiving such escalation against the person in question.

Still, the final decision always rest with mods and admins. All I can request from them is to keep an open mind, and a cool mind when dealing with something like this. I myself have reported a lot of people who actually practice illegal stuff on lit. I see that the mods take a very impartial take on this. They act based on facts and not hearsay. And I respect them for this. They should continue doing the same, acting on facts and not hearsay when it comes to escalations over the issues I mentioned.

I hope this makes much more sense to us all.

With respect,
LBS

Old 03-27-2018, 12:57 AM   #6
ben6543
Virgin

*redacted because we're not going to publicly bash other chatters in this forum*

Last edited by puzzlepieces : 03-28-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
LittleBoy_Subservient
Virgin

Cool @Ben

Too bad you can no longer read my post on contemptible people. Or you'd be sending me cards and gifts every Christmas